RangerBoard

Go Back   RangerBoard > Forums > Discussions
Register Rules/FAQ VIP Membership Calendar Search Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old December 22nd, 2016, 03:12 PM   #1
⚡Toast
Wonder.

Power Rangers Movie Thread VII: Trailer on 1st Page - Spoiler Tags Rule in effect.

Quote:
==== OFFICIAL SITES & SOCIAL MEDIA ====

Website / Facebook / Twitter / Instagram / Snapchat
Quote:
==== SYNOPSIS ====

SABAN’S POWER RANGERS follows five ordinary teens who must become something extraordinary when they learn that their small town of Angel Grove — and the world — is on the verge of being obliterated by an alien threat. Chosen by destiny, our heroes quickly discover they are the only ones who can save the planet. But to do so, they will have to overcome their real-life issues and before it’s too late, band together as the Power Rangers.
Quote:
==== INFORMATION ====
  • RELEASE DATE:
    Friday, March 24th, 2017

• DIRECTOR:
    Dean Isrealite
    - Known for Acholiland, Project Almanac, The Department of Nothing etc

• WRITERS:
    Ashley Miller
    - Known for X-Men: First Class, Thor, Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, Fringe, Andromeda, Agent Cody Banks etc.
    Zack Stentz - Known for X-Men: First Class, Thor, Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, Fringe, Andromeda, Agent Cody Banks etc.
    John Gatins - Known for Need for Speed, Flight, Real Steel
    Matt Sazama & Burk Sharpless - Known for Dracula Untold, The Last Witch Hunter, Gods of Egypt
    Kieran Mulroney & Michele Mulroney - Known for Paper Man, Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows, Unlikely Hero

• PRODUCERS:
    Haim Saban
    Brian Casentini
    - Known for Power Rangers Samurai, Super Samurai, Megaforce, Super Megaforce, Dino Charge, Digimon Fusion etc.
    Allison Shearmur - Known for Cinderella (2015), The Hunger Games.
    Marty Bowen - Known for Twilight, The Maze Runner, The Fault in Our Stars
    Wyck Godfrey - Known for I, Robot, Twilight, The Maze Runner
    Brent O'connor - Known for Good Will Hunting, This Means War, Jumanji
    Roberto Orci (No longer directly involved) Known for Transformers (2007), The Amazing Spider-Man 2, Star Trek (2009), Alias, Xena and many more, was originally attached to the movie as Executive Producer, but later dropped the project due to a scheduling conflict with Star Trek 3.

• POWER RANGERS MOVIE CAST:

Dacre Montgomery as Jason, the Red Ranger
    Ludi Lin as Zack, the Black Ranger
    RJ Cyler as Billy, the Blue Ranger
    Becky Gomez as Trini, the Yellow Ranger
    Naomi Scott as Kimberly, the Pink Ranger
    Bryan Cranston as Zordon
    Bill Hader as Alpha 5
    Elizabeth Banks as Rita Repulsa

Quote:
==== CHARACTER BIOS ====

JASON / RED RANGER - Played by Dacre Montgomery
Jason was a football legend in his small town of Angel Grove until one fateful mistake. When we first meet Jason, he is in need of redemption and is struggling to find himself. But soon he is given a chance to lead a new team made up of an unlikely group of teenage superheroes and must find it in himself to rise to the challenge.

ZACK / BLACK RANGER - Played by Ludi Lin
Zack is filled with bravado and swagger. He is tough and cool on the exterior but has many layers beyond his fearless appearance. Zack advertises everything about himself, except the truth, which makes him feel deeply inferior to all his peers.

BILLY / BLUE RANGER - Played by RJ Cyler
Billy has always been challenged in his abilities to communicate and interact socially. Whip-smart and sweet, he is the most pure-hearted of the group. Billy has never really had any friends, so finding teenagers that he is comfortable with is a big deal, and soon he begins connecting with people in a way he’s never been able to do before.

TRINI / YELLOW RANGER - Played by Becky G
Trini is mysterious but extremely bright. Her parents constantly move for work, making her the perpetual new girl to any school. A loner who owns it, Trini is self-sufficient and contemplative, but always observant. All she wants is to find her gang of friends, but she’ll never admit it — least of all to herself.

KIMBERLY / PINK RANGER - Played by Naomi Scott
Kimberly used to be Queen Bee of Angel Grove High, but has been cast out of the popular clique and is now struggling to find her identity. She has a new rebel-without-a-cause, edgy attitude, but this front is hiding a secret that makes her feel deeply vulnerable.

Quote:
==== PRESS RELEASE ====

LIONSGATE AND SABAN BRANDS PARTNER
FOR POWER RANGERS LIVE ACTION FEATURE FILM

SANTA MONICA, CA, May 7, 2014 – Lionsgate (NYSE: LGF), a leading global entertainment company, and Saban Brands, a strategic brand management company that acquires and builds global consumer brands, are partnering to develop and produce an original live action feature film based on the iconic Power Rangers property, it was announced today by creator of Power Rangers Haim Saban and Lionsgate Chief Executive Officer Jon Feltheimer. The announcement marks another step in Lionsgate’s continued commitment to build a broad portfolio of branded properties and franchises with global appeal.

Saban launched Mighty Morphin Power Rangers as a live action television series more than 20 years ago, and the series has been in continuous production ever since. It has subsequently grown into one of the world’s most popular and recognizable brands, with toys, apparel, costumes, video games, DVDs, comic books and other merchandise.

The two companies noted that, with an extensive and extremely devoted worldwide fan base as well as a deep and detailed mythology, the Power Rangers are primed for the big screen. The new film franchise will re-envision the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, a group of high school kids who are infused with unique and cool super powers but must harness and use those powers as a team if they have any hope of saving the world.

“Lionsgate is the perfect home for elevating our Power Rangers brand to the next level,” said Saban. “They have the vision, marketing prowess and incredible track record in launching breakthrough hits from The Hunger Games to Twilight and Divergent. In partnership with the Lionsgate team, we’re confident that we will capture the world of the Power Rangers and translate it into a unique and memorable motion picture phenomenon with a legacy all its own.”

“We’re thrilled to be partnering with Haim Saban and his team to maximize the potential of this immensely successful and universally recognized franchise,” said Feltheimer. “The Power Rangers stories and characters have been embraced by generations of audiences for more than 20 years, and today they are more powerful than ever. We have the ideal partner and the perfect brand with which to create a motion picture event that will resonate with moviegoers around the world for years to come.”

Quote:
==== PREVIOUS MOVIE DISCUSSION THREADS ====
SPOILER TAG RULE IS IN EFFECT. PLEASE USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN DISCUSSING INFORMATION NOT OFFICIALLY RELEASED BY OFFICIAL SOURCES. THIS INCLUDES OPINIONS/REVIEWS BY PEOPLE WHO HAVE/CLAIMED TO HAVE SEEN THE FILM. FAILING TO DO SO WILL RESULT IN INFRACTIONS. THANKS!-Dukemon

Last edited by Dukemon; February 21st, 2017 at 08:42 AM.
Old December 22nd, 2016, 03:23 PM   #2
RiffRanger
Hold the line

Ooh, am I first? So...Power Rangers movie!
Old December 22nd, 2016, 03:43 PM   #3
GreenMystechRanger
We've been smeckledorfed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconRanger11 View Post
7th thread now. I wonder which one would be the one that reaches March?
Hopefully. Unless there is big news or there are a lot of arguments.

But, when has anyone ever argued in these threads?
Old December 22nd, 2016, 03:45 PM   #4
RitoRevolto
Bumbling henchposter

Thanks for giving us a clean thread on the movie named after the long-running franchise.
Old December 22nd, 2016, 03:48 PM   #5
wildcats54
Power Ranger

No one is going to read my take on the new movie now. Maybe I should repost it! Pretty excited about the new movie. Big PR fan. Just joined today but I've been a fan since I was a kid and they released MMPR for the first time. My grandma made me a green ranger costume that I wore for halloween. I have a green ranger shirt I wear now. I have so many copies of the new power rangers comics! Sorry to blab, just excited to join!
Old December 22nd, 2016, 03:48 PM   #6
⚡Lord Buttus
Mod of Destruction

eBay
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmssw View Post
Ooh, am I first? So...Power Rangers movie!
Yes, I concur.
Old December 22nd, 2016, 04:00 PM   #7
RitoRevolto
Bumbling henchposter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconRanger11 View Post
No thanks really. JDF isn't going to appear and steal everyone's thunder.
But that's what he's best at.
Old December 22nd, 2016, 04:01 PM   #8
Allio
Power Ranger

so to summarize my thoughts from the last thread.

Young Adult novels don't really interest me, so the movie trying to use that as it's tone is not doing it.

Zords don't feel like zords to me, instead they feel like Zoids, and it only makes me want a zoids movie right now.

Toys should really not be the first glimpse of a characters' design...2014 TMNT were costumes, and those sucked (the design overall did suck, but I digress.)

New Rita reminds me of Scorpina in design, which isn't a bad thing as adaptations have combining characters isn't a bad thing.

They are still calling a Mammoth a Mastodon.

the combined megazord feels way to human (more like classic mecha anime and not suits)

I need to see the suits in motion before I can judge

I want the movie to be good, but I fear that the movie will take away aspects that makes Power Rangers unique from other superhero shows and almost make it feel too much of a generic hero show (I'm not saying that Power Rangers should only attack from the right side, but still)

I am but a simple man to please, I'm very easy - It's just when I do love something, I am picky as hell about it (Looking at you Ramona Badwolf)
Old December 22nd, 2016, 04:39 PM   #9
RiffRanger
Hold the line

Quote:
Originally Posted by RitoRevolto View Post
Thanks for giving us a clean thread on the movie named after the long-running franchise.
I went back and looked at the very first thread. You were one of the first people to post and said nothing more than "this is going to suck". We knew literally nothing about the movie. You have said nothing more of note since. So please reiterate how you are doing anything more than simply trolling. Repeating the same opinion you originally formed based on no information doesn't give much credibility to your posts.
Old December 22nd, 2016, 06:50 PM   #10
Digifiend
RangerWiki sysop

It's "may the power protect you"...
Old December 22nd, 2016, 07:08 PM   #11
GentaMystechRanger
THANK YOU TOEI!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
It's "may the power protect you"...
I'm almost positive it's a pun based on "May the Force be with you".
Old December 22nd, 2016, 07:10 PM   #12
powerleo
Power Ranger

I can't wait for this movie!
Old December 22nd, 2016, 07:14 PM   #13
Red Rock
Power Ranger

Three months to go Ahhhh
Old December 22nd, 2016, 07:42 PM   #14
TealMystechRanger
Terror adhaerens

Quote:
Originally Posted by genta gai View Post
I'm almost positive it's a pun based on "May the Force be with you".
Yeah. We need more of these.

"Welcome... to Angel Grove!"
"Who ya gonna call? POWER RANGERS!"
"Here's looking at you, Kim."
Old December 22nd, 2016, 07:42 PM   #15
Tsukasa
Power Ranger

So, I'm curious, now that we are in a new thread, does the thread ban carry over?
Old December 22nd, 2016, 07:43 PM   #16
Primal Slayer
Power Ranger

Seriously 3 months....yikes.
Old December 22nd, 2016, 07:43 PM   #17
Tsukasa
Power Ranger

Where's the trailer and posters?
Shouldn't they be on the first page?
That way everything is easily accessable?
Old December 22nd, 2016, 07:46 PM   #18
Miraculous Bikkun
SINKINGU POOSU DA

Oh, damn it, no. We are not starting this thread straight into panic mode. It's TIRED at this point.
Old December 22nd, 2016, 07:50 PM   #19
GoldAnyRanger
One Ranger, Many Forms

eBay
Saban and Lionsgate have announced a VR tie-in.

http://www.cinemablend.com/news/1603...rience?ref=yfp

We are VR!
Old December 22nd, 2016, 07:51 PM   #20
Tsukasa
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraculous Bikkun View Post
Oh, damn it, no. We are not starting this thread straight into panic mode. It's TIRED at this point.
If you are reffering to me, let me clarify...
I am not asking for a new trailer.
I'm saying that all available info, images, trailers and everything except merch, should be in the first post
Closed Thread

Tags
2017, power rangers movie, use spoiler tags.