RangerBoard

Go Back   RangerBoard > Forums > Discussions
Register Rules/FAQ VIP Membership Calendar Search Mark Forums Read

Old October 2nd, 2016, 02:10 PM   #41
maritroniuity
GoGoV not GoGoKyoko

Hopefully EXCITE won't pull an Orange Lion and vanish.
maritroniuity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2016, 02:13 PM   #42
⚡GreenNinja
Ninja of the Blue Sky

It does take stamina to do these for a year, plus additional movies and specials.
GreenNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2016, 03:22 PM   #43
Evilspacewhale
Shark sharp sinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoosmell View Post
GENM is actually debuting next episode. The Bugvisor's belt functionality was kinda teased in the catalog as a second quarter thing, so if Graphite's belt actually means anything we probably won't be finding out for a while. But GENM will be around.
Ever since the first trailer came out, I pictured Graphite being the first user and Pallad being the second. The color motif on his outfit is too close to not reference him being Genm.

It also fulfills my ongoing wish of monsters becoming a ranger/rider
Evilspacewhale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2016, 03:22 PM   #44
powerpackers90
AngelGroveRadioPodcast

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenNinja View Post
It does take stamina to do these for a year, plus additional movies and specials.
Yeah you got to give both OT and TVN credit to be able to do this year in and year out. Just look at AESir even they didnt do the movies and crossovers for Gaim and left them for other groups.
powerpackers90 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2016, 03:23 PM   #45
JaimeZeo
Shuppatsu shinkou!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenotome View Post
I'd rather not wait until Thursday to watch these shows. Even longer for the first episode because they have to figure out their oh so important font flourishes...
I tend to watch both SHT shows at the end of the week with a group of friends, so the wait isn't a factor for me.

And if we're splitting hairs, then I think Ex-Aid of all series is one that can fully justify having a fancy font and effects. I mean... just look at it. Look at all of it.
JaimeZeo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2016, 03:27 PM   #46
Xenotome
♥Taiki♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaimeZeo View Post
I tend to watch both SHT shows at the end of the week with a group of friends, so the wait isn't a factor for me.

And if we're splitting hairs, then I think Ex-Aid of all series is one that can fully justify having a fancy font and effects. I mean... just look at it. Look at all of it.
I can see all of it and all it makes me think is that do I REALLY need subs & the show competing for flashiness?
Xenotome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2016, 03:29 PM   #47
JaimeZeo
Shuppatsu shinkou!

You do. By god, you do.
JaimeZeo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2016, 03:31 PM   #48
Xenotome
♥Taiki♥

I really don't feel I do.
Old October 2nd, 2016, 03:35 PM   #49
maritroniuity
GoGoV not GoGoKyoko

The show is flashy enough as it is, it doesn't need any more
maritroniuity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2016, 03:43 PM   #50
Gold Samurai
Power Ranger

The theme song is great. It reminds me a bit of "Awakening"

Gold Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2016, 03:58 PM   #51
Merlin
Blood and Gold

I'm not really disappointed O-T's not on this year. Their backlog includes Timeranger, and people have been wanting a complete articulate sub of that for years, with many false starts. Also their own versions of other subs. One year's not much to ask, and since Excite's doing it, they've got an out.

They've still got Zyuohger and Garo the current series, so they're not stalling for time.
Merlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2016, 04:01 PM   #52
Xenotome
♥Taiki♥

Does anyone know the people behind Excite? Have they worked in the realm before or are they just people who barely know Japanese trying to rack up a following?
Old October 2nd, 2016, 04:04 PM   #53
SpaceGalaxy
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenotome View Post
Does anyone know the people behind Excite? Have they worked in the realm before or are they just people who barely know Japanese trying to rack up a following?
No, they said they have some experience apparently. They also said it was their first time doing a long series.
SpaceGalaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2016, 04:24 PM   #54
Otokusastu Zetto
Let's go at full Henshin!

I don't know the full story, but it seems that a certain @HEAT from the O-T don't like Ex-Aid and use the oportunity that Excite do Ex-Aid to be out of subbing it this year.

But him by doing that, he and the rest of OT is having a small argument right now, I believe due to HEAT disliking Ex-Aid design and aesthetic.

As a simple user of O-T I can understand that he don't like Ex-Aid design but while he does have the opinion to not like it, if he's the main translator or most of his crew like it couldn't be unprofessional to handcuff them by doing so ?
Otokusastu Zetto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2016, 04:34 PM   #55
SpaceGalaxy
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otokusastu Zetto View Post
I don't know the full story, but it seems that a certain @HEAT from the O-T don't like Ex-Aid and use the oportunity that Excite do Ex-Aid to be out of subbing it this year.

But him by doing that, he and the rest of OT is having a small argument right now, I believe due to HEAT disliking Ex-Aid design and aesthetic.

As a simple user of O-T I can understand that he don't like Ex-Aid design but while he does have the opinion to not like it, if he's the main translator or most of his crew like it couldn't be unprofessional to handcuff them by doing so ?
If true, that's a pretty dumb reason not to do a series. And for all we know, Excite might not even finish it.
Old October 2nd, 2016, 04:44 PM   #56
Xenotome
♥Taiki♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otokusastu Zetto View Post

Can't they just get a new translator? I mean I'm sure it's not going to happen over night, but OT is a group by committee right? It's not just one person calling all the shots right?
Old October 2nd, 2016, 07:31 PM   #57
Mr. Underachiever
Thenubucanplaywithoutside

Playing that first battle alongside TJ Perkins' WWE theme fits perfectly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gO2xYKhGXZs
Mr. Underachiever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2016, 12:47 AM   #58
PrimoMystechRanger
All dogs go to Heaven

eBay
I actually didn't really enjoy it. It wasn't bad, just too predictable. Really nice guy tries to help out the kid, by ridiculous amount of happenstance runs into the person with the powers, kid gets in big trouble, really nice guy steels himself and transforms for the first time. And as someone who's never been a fan of Toei's low-grade CGI, to watch most of Level 1's antics be facilitated through it up against a giant made of it was pretty tedious.

What I did like were the action bubbles, except they should use numbers to add the consecutive hits rather than just spam "HIT" over and over until we reach "GREAT". One of the downplayed video game tropes they executed perfectly was tricking the long-armed baddie into hitting himself, it was like I was reliving the Flying Battery Zone from Sonic & Knuckles. And the theme song is already stuck in my head, that beat is so god damn catchy. @__@

Man, I didn't enjoy the premiere of a Digimon series or a Kamen Rider series in the same weekend. Am I dying?
PrimoMystechRanger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2016, 02:46 AM   #59
Random
The Lizard Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceGalaxy View Post
If true, that's a pretty dumb reason not to do a series. And for all we know, Excite might not even finish it.
I can't really blame them. A lot of people dislike the increasing gimmicky and toy centric themes and this looks to be dialing it up to 11. Even as a big fan of videogames, this is the first series that I've felt just looks obnoxious from the get go (and bear in mind that I loved things like Den-O and Fourze). The fact there's four Riders and still no main female one is a pretty big gripe too, it's not like she'd need her own belt or toys, etc.

Maybe it'll end up like Gaim, with the story making up for most of the problems, but if Over-Time dislike it from the outset, there's no point of getting stuck having to work on it for an entire year. Finishing up shows like Timeranger and Dekaranger is definitely a better use of their time.
Random is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2016, 03:19 AM   #60
SpaceGalaxy
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random View Post
I can't really blame them. A lot of people dislike the increasing gimmicky and toy centric themes and this looks to be dialing it up to 11. Even as a big fan of videogames, this is the first series that I've felt just looks obnoxious from the get go (and bear in mind that I loved things like Den-O and Fourze). The fact there's four Riders and still no main female one is a pretty big gripe too, it's not like she'd need her own belt or toys, etc.

Maybe it'll end up like Gaim, with the story making up for most of the problems, but if Over-Time dislike it from the outset, there's no point of getting stuck having to work on it for an entire year. Finishing up shows like Timeranger and Dekaranger is definitely a better use of their time.
I don't see how they could surpass Ghost in the toyetic department, that I felt was one big toy ad. Funny that I didn't find Ex-Aid's design bad, cause I thought it was unique and different, but I hated the Toqger suits for how plain they looked.

Tags
ᗧ•••ᗣ•••ᗣ••ᗣ, █ ▙ ▚ ▌▟, didtheyusecheatcodesyet, game on, pac-man eats ghost, player one start, usegamefaqs, winners don't use drugs