RangerBoard

Go Back   RangerBoard > Forums > Discussions

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 9th, 2016, 01:02 PM   #41
GokaiGold
Phantom Thief
 
GokaiGold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 4,680
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenotome View Post
No we're really not. Heckyl is not is anyway similar to Enter apart from the fact they have goggles.
At this point, people are going to believe that until its outright stated to not be the case.
GokaiGold is offline  
Old January 9th, 2016, 01:03 PM   #42
Citrus James Gaylyn
Please reheat.
 
Citrus James Gaylyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 5,986
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheckeredRanger View Post
Which begs the question...what do we call it in abbreviated form?
PRNS 2.0?
PRNSv2?
PRNS Mk II?
Why not just go with "PRNSt"?
Citrus James Gaylyn is offline  
Old January 9th, 2016, 01:03 PM   #43
wammyguide
Power Ranger
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 122
Just curious, why would it be dale Ninja Steel? Why did steel have to do with Ninninger?
wammyguide is online now  
Old January 9th, 2016, 01:04 PM   #44
HowlingSnail
Power Ranger
 
HowlingSnail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 5,326
Quote:
Originally Posted by wammyguide View Post
Just curious, why would it be dale Ninja Steel? Why did steel have to do with Ninninger?
Steel as in a common term for a blade.
HowlingSnail is online now  
Old January 9th, 2016, 01:04 PM   #45
Citrus James Gaylyn
Please reheat.
 
Citrus James Gaylyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 5,986
Swords are made of steel.

Ninja Stole'd.
Citrus James Gaylyn is offline  
Old January 9th, 2016, 01:04 PM   #46
Faiz
BIG♛BANG
 
Faiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 1,965
Actually really thinking about it I am kinda excited how they'll do StarNinger given his very obvious cowboy theme. I remember seeing someone mention saying changing his cheeseburger morpher to just being his guitar/gun/sword because it fit better with the rest of the Ninnin weapons.
Faiz is offline  
Old January 9th, 2016, 01:04 PM   #47
Ryoutarou
Dot
 
Ryoutarou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 10,711
Quote:
Originally Posted by wammyguide View Post
Just curious, why would it be dale Ninja Steel? Why did steel have to do with Ninninger?
Their main weapons are swords, swords are made of steel. Shurikens are also made of steel. Probably nothing too deep.
Ryoutarou is offline  
Old January 9th, 2016, 01:04 PM   #48
Internutt
Scottish Sentai
 
Internutt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5,863
The steel weapons? Sword morphers and ninja stars.
Internutt is offline  
Old January 9th, 2016, 01:07 PM   #49
maslego
Idea Ranger
 
maslego's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,794
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheckeredRanger View Post
Which begs the question...what do we call it in abbreviated form?
PRNS 2.0?
PRNSv2?
PRNS Mk II?
Or PRNSl (SteeL)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citrus James Gaylyn View Post
Why not just go with "PRNSt"?
Ninja STorm
maslego is online now  
Old January 9th, 2016, 01:08 PM   #50
HowlingSnail
Power Ranger
 
HowlingSnail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 5,326
"Unfortunately the 7:30 train from Japan to America has been cancelled. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause."
HowlingSnail is online now  
Old January 9th, 2016, 01:11 PM   #51
SanityOrMadness
TwinkleTwinkleLittleStar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 1,378
...I was betting on Ninja (Super)Stars...

As for the series - if it was going to be something approaching a straight Sentai translation, like Time Force or Samurai, then ToQGer all the way. As it stands, if Lynn strips it down to the bare fight footage and writes plots & characters as different as footage allows - as he's kinda done with Dino Charge - then I would actually say it's better to adapt a *bad* series than a good one, provided the action scenes themselves are up to scratch. It isn't as if TQG goes away because it hasn't been Power Traingered, and few will mourn Ninninger being overshadowed in the west by a Judd Lynn series.v
SanityOrMadness is offline  
Old January 9th, 2016, 01:11 PM   #52
thekareemofwheat
Power Ranger
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faiz View Post
Actually really thinking about it I am kinda excited how they'll do StarNinger given his very obvious cowboy theme. I remember seeing someone mention saying changing his cheeseburger morpher to just being his guitar/gun/sword because it fit better with the rest of the Ninnin weapons.
I'm calling it now: they gonna name him the Lone Star Ranger.
thekareemofwheat is offline  
Old January 9th, 2016, 01:11 PM   #53
Xenotome
♥Naga Rei♥
 
Xenotome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 22,520
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowlingSnail View Post
"Unfortunately the 7:30 train from Japan to America has been cancelled. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause."
That train was just never going to make it regardless with that ocean between us and all.
Xenotome is online now  
Old January 9th, 2016, 01:13 PM   #54
maslego
Idea Ranger
 
maslego's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,794
And cue the various people asking how all the crossover/cameos are going to be adapted...
maslego is online now  
Old January 9th, 2016, 01:14 PM   #55
Digifiend
RangerWiki sysop
 
Digifiend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 12,358
Quote:
Originally Posted by JNTA1234 View Post
Oh my God! If they don't use that to they're advantage.
How? Koda would morph, not run away. And it would be stupid for Yoshi to play anyone but Koda - so that fight will have to cut him out I reckon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNTA1234 View Post
Just use the Super to differentiate I guess.

PRSNS or PRNSS depending on where they put it.
That won't help us in the first half.
Digifiend is offline  
Old January 9th, 2016, 01:16 PM   #56
SonicBlueRanger
Power Ranger
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faiz View Post
Actually really thinking about it I am kinda excited how they'll do StarNinger given his very obvious cowboy theme. I remember seeing someone mention saying changing his cheeseburger morpher to just being his guitar/gun/sword because it fit better with the rest of the Ninnin weapons.
Oh, they better not get rid of his Cheeseburger. That is the most amazing thing in Toku history.

Actually I've been wondering what they're going to do with let's just say "Super Steel" since it should be the 25th season. I hope we don't get another Mega/Super Mega thing here.
SonicBlueRanger is offline  
Old January 9th, 2016, 01:17 PM   #57
RitoRevolto
Bumbling henchposter
 
RitoRevolto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 11,797
Saban Trademarks "Power Rangers Ninja Steel"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arectaris Returned View Post
They skip the best seasons

Like Go-busters and Go-busters.

But anyway, even if the name may or may not be final, at least we know what show they'll be adapting.
RitoRevolto is offline  
Old January 9th, 2016, 01:18 PM   #58
Digifiend
RangerWiki sysop
 
Digifiend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 12,358
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citrus James Gaylyn View Post
Why not just go with "PRNSt"?
Because like Maslego pointed out, it can mean both Ninja Steel and Ninja Storm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maslego View Post
Or PRNSl (SteeL)
That's what I'm going with, if this name proves to be final. The wiki has page headers named ArticlePRXX, XX being the season initials. Dino Super Charge's is ArticlePRDSC. Ninja Storm's is ArticlePRNS. Ninja Steel's would be ArticlePRNSL.
Digifiend is offline  
Old January 9th, 2016, 01:22 PM   #59
Lee Noire
I think. Therefore I am.
 
Lee Noire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,873
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicBlueRanger View Post
Oh, they better not get rid of his Cheeseburger. That is the most amazing thing in Toku history.

Actually I've been wondering what they're going to do with let's just say "Super Steel" since it should be the 25th season. I hope we don't get another Mega/Super Mega thing here.
The American adaptation can't get rid of the most American thing in the show. They just can't.


They probably will. *sigh*
Lee Noire is offline  
Old January 9th, 2016, 01:23 PM   #60
Citrus James Gaylyn
Please reheat.
 
Citrus James Gaylyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 5,986
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
Because like Maslego pointed out, it can mean both Ninja Steel and Ninja Storm.
Except, PRNS is established to mean "Ninja Storm". PRNSt is not.

The same people who use "PRMF" for Megaforce will use the wrong one here, too. But adding the 'l' is gaudy, to say the least.

But hey, what you say goes.
Citrus James Gaylyn is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
#daddyissues, buddyroidmaru, halfdead fandom, i guess its okay, i love lothor: the series, manlyrangertears, more missing family, nananana ninja, peter + yoshi = onions, plsnewtheme, prns2, prnst, real world in space, sarah mcfly, show me what you got!, wheres waldo except dads

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.