RangerBoard

Go Back   RangerBoard > Forums > Discussions

Closed Thread

Old January 9th, 2017, 06:26 PM   #4381
Gold Samurai
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyuparanger View Post
Has anyone seen this Brazilian article talking about how Bandai of America gave Bandai of America pointers on how to market the toys. Also they said that they used Marcel as inspiration for the change in design, tone, and concepts for Kyuranger.
https://www.reddit.com/r/supersentai...conception_of/
This all makes sense I knew I saw a lot of Star Wars, Guardians of the Galaxy, and Thor in Kyuranger.
No that's not what they were saying.

Bandai of America was looking at marvel because they wanted to see how to expand brand recognition but keep things recognizablely power rangers

http://awwman.com/nps/main/2016/12/e...andai-america/

Quote:
- Old Marvel vs Marvel Movies as an idea in how to protect backstory but evolve the brand visually
- Kids should always know a Power Ranger when they see one but be able to realize the differences
So there's no guardians of the galaxy or thor influence

The new power rangers movie is a good example. It still looks like a power ranger but evolves the look for the future
Old January 9th, 2017, 06:53 PM   #4382
kyuparanger
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcceLOWorst View Post
"Marvel" in this context most likely means Marvel Studios. Star Wars isn't part of that. Sure, Marvel Comics prints Star Wars comics now, and they're both part of Disney, but it's not literally plain "Marvel".

That said, it doesn't surprise me that a western-influenced space story has Star Wars elements in it.
Actually Disney own both Lucasfilm and Marvel so in context yes and no. Both Marvel and LucasFilm share actors and staff so it's safe to say they're both adjacent to each other.
Old January 9th, 2017, 06:57 PM   #4383
AcceLOWorst
ʟᴏᴠᴇ•ᴍᴇ•ᴅᴏ

I did say they're both part of Disney. But as I said, Star Wars isn't part of Marvel Studios. Sharing cast and crew doesn't change that fact. Besides which, as Gold Samurai noted above, the Marvel reference is more about reflecting how the Marvel Studios films adapt the source material and modernise it. Kyuranger is to the core concepts of Sentai what the MCU is to the 616.
Old January 9th, 2017, 07:15 PM   #4384
Xenotome
♥Naga Rei♥

Quote:
Actually Disney own both Lucasfilm and Marvel so in context yes and no. Both Marvel and LucasFilm share actors and staff so it's safe to say they're both adjacent to each other.
They don't share staff or actors like it's just a pool you pull from. They're two individual companies with their own hierarchies that are owned by Disney.
Old January 9th, 2017, 07:21 PM   #4385
Quantum Wolf
Confusion & Delay!

Yeah, it's a massively common misconception that just because Disney owns everything means they can combine or pool together without any rhyme or reason.

Best way to see it is as a sort of Pantheon with Disney being Olympus and all the various companies/studios as gods with their own domains, or Disney as a country with the various companies/studios in their own fiefdoms.
Old January 9th, 2017, 07:53 PM   #4386
AngieYaz
Power Ranger

I hope the monsters look cute and/or cool this season!
Old January 9th, 2017, 08:15 PM   #4387
RedRobin
Schmuck

Saw that they took the usual promo photos on that rooftop. It's a classic.
Old January 10th, 2017, 04:32 AM   #4388
kyuparanger
Power Ranger

I never said that Both Marvel and Lucasfilm are exactly the same. I was referring to the fact that BoA obviously wanted to pull from Movie Franchises that have been successful in recent years.
Old January 11th, 2017, 01:04 PM   #4389
kyuparanger
Power Ranger

Sasori Orange with Shishi Red, Chameleon Green and from what it looks like TOQ 4gou
For some reason I feel like TOQ 4gou would do a good job voicing or acting as one of the villains.
Actually it might be a old photo who knows

Last edited by kyuparanger; January 11th, 2017 at 02:38 PM.
Old January 11th, 2017, 01:39 PM   #4390
Cosmo773
Power Ranger

Uchusen 155 Kyuranger coverage. Source: My friend Marq at https://twitter.com/TokuTokuScans

Old January 11th, 2017, 02:21 PM   #4391
kyuparanger
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmo773 View Post
Uchusen 155 Kyuranger coverage. Source: My friend Marq at https://twitter.com/TokuTokuScans

http://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l...psaohplxc0.jpg
Can someone translate that has A,B,C,D in front of it.
Unfortunately the more I look at blue the more his suit looks an eyesore compared to the others. That velveteen/plush material doesnt photograph well at all.

Last edited by kyuparanger; January 11th, 2017 at 02:27 PM.
Old January 11th, 2017, 02:52 PM   #4392
⚡Dukemon

Quote:
Can someone translate that has A,B,C,D in front of it.
Unfortunately the more I look at blue the more his suit looks an eyesore compared to the others. That velveteen/plush material doesnt photograph well at all.
Those are the prizes for the campaign, which is the only way to get Aquarius that we know of right now:

A Prize- not sure, could be to appear in something with Kyuranger though, like a guest spot. This goes to 9 people.

B Prize- Appears to be an original SeizaBlaster that will have your name programmed into it, 90 people get this

C Prize- Campaign Original KyuTama (we know this is Aquarius), 900 people get this

D Prize- Campaign Original Handkerchief, 9,000 people get this.

In total you get 9,999 winners.
Old January 11th, 2017, 02:52 PM   #4393
dark ranger 86
Libra Ranger!

I just had a random thought. If this gets adapted after Ninja Steel, would this be Neo Saban's Zeo? I'm purely basing this on the pattern of Dinosaurs and Ninjas.
Old January 11th, 2017, 02:53 PM   #4394
FlameDragon
VIP Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark ranger 86 View Post
I just had a random thought. If this gets adapted after Ninja Steel, would this be Neo Saban's Zeo? I'm purely basing this on the pattern of Dinosaurs and Ninjas.
maybe more like In Space
Old January 11th, 2017, 02:57 PM   #4395
dark ranger 86
Libra Ranger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameDragon View Post
maybe more like In Space
I was thinking that too but the helmets remind me so much of Zeo.
Old January 12th, 2017, 04:29 AM   #4396
monkeyjb1988
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otokusastu Zetto View Post
When you think about it in this week episode we saw all Red Warrior so far Zyuoheagle during the story Akaninger in the movie trailer as well as the other Red Warriors. Finally Shishi Red in the Kyuranger teaser.

Neat ^^
Yeah, not a bad way to end Sentai's anniversary series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold Samurai View Post
Bandai of America was looking at marvel because they wanted to see how to expand brand recognition but keep things recognizablely power rangers

http://awwman.com/nps/main/2016/12/e...andai-america/

So there's no guardians of the galaxy or thor influence

The new power rangers movie is a good example. It still looks like a power ranger but evolves the look for the future
A little disheartening to look to Marvel just to help market. I don't need Iron Man and Rocket Raccoon in my Sentai, but they know how to mix serious with silly that Sentai could use just as much as good marketing. Just my thoughts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRobin View Post
Saw that they took the usual promo photos on that rooftop. It's a classic.
I don't think they'd be considered a real Sentai UNLESS they went to that rooftop I'm willing to bet that roof is on one of the buildings at Toei Studios, or at least a building outside that they own.

Tangent: Can you imagine going to work, like an administrative job or something, and bumping into Ex-Aid or Shishi Red? Granted, it'd probably eventually lose it's wow factor, but it'd still be a little cool at least.
Old January 12th, 2017, 04:29 AM   #4397
Sevenlima
Power Ranger

Kyuranger is somekind of a reboot ?
Old January 12th, 2017, 05:09 AM   #4398
OXanium
Power Ranger

While we wait for new teaser,press conference

Let me update something about Kyuranger from twitter

SasoriOrange,ChameleonGreen and ShishiRed

From KajikiYellow actor twitter

He's giving a voice to the character and seem like the girl next to him is the narrator for WashiPink? [or ChameleonGreen but from behind she doesn't look the same to ChameleonGreen]

And from the hashtag #キュウレンジャー  In twitter I found this picture from @onaridayo

There's KajikiYellow and ChameleonGreen and the Neon green ,white blue costume maybe it's a grunt

Old January 12th, 2017, 05:22 AM   #4399
Merlin
Woodland Warrior

We've know about the coloured jacket people for a while now. My opinion is that since there is a large starting group of Rangers, I think Jark Matter is made up of many sections or departments like Gaiarc or Gorma. Everyone uses the same grunt, but each section's grunts wear a different colour jacket and may have a unique power.
Old January 12th, 2017, 08:14 AM   #4400
Gold Samurai
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyjb1988 View Post

A little disheartening to look to Marvel just to help market. I don't need Iron Man and Rocket Raccoon in my Sentai, but they know how to mix serious with silly that Sentai could use just as much as good marketing. Just my thoughts.
This is what happens when people misinterpret things. Once again it's been mentioned that bandai just looked at marvel to see how to expand their brand.

Nowhere did they say they want to add marvel characters into Sentai

Companies look to other successful companies all the time for ideas. It's not disheartening

The original observation was "old marvel VS New marvel"

How do we update the look of our main brand but stay true to the original roots

In this case. How do we update the power rangers? Kids should know when they see something it's a power ranger

The new movie is a good example. Updating the look but still looking like power rangers.
Closed Thread

Tags
better than firefly, chouseishin comeback, gamouformentor, gremale!!, it's space time, just fuck my team up fam, kenobiformentor, kirkformentor, not chack-up, picardformentor, siskoformentor, spaceball-1, too many hehes, uchuu... kitaaaaa!, walletstakingoff.., yallhatejanewayhuh, yeahidontblameya