RangerBoard

Go Back   RangerBoard > Administration > Announcements
Register Rules/FAQ VIP Membership Calendar Search Mark Forums Read

Old January 22nd, 2017, 06:52 PM   #1861
ϟDecade
FINAL KAMEN ATTACK FORM RIDE: OWNER

Did you really feel these were contributing posts?

http://www.RangerBoard.com/showthrea...21#post5332021
http://www.RangerBoard.com/showthrea...44#post5331944
http://www.RangerBoard.com/showthrea...91#post5331991

What constitutes as spamming is whether or not your post inspires further discussion. Those, were short posts just to get the count. It does not inspire further discussion.
Decade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2017, 08:02 PM   #1862
faderkid
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decade View Post
Did you really feel these were contributing posts?

http://www.RangerBoard.com/showthrea...21#post5332021
http://www.RangerBoard.com/showthrea...44#post5331944
http://www.RangerBoard.com/showthrea...91#post5331991

What constitutes as spamming is whether or not your post inspires further discussion. Those, were short posts just to get the count. It does not inspire further discussion.
I honestly do feel they contributed, just because it is short does not make it not inspire further conversation as some people have already responded directly to my comments, I've also seen a lot of other comments that are for more meaningless than some of the things I have posted. In any regard it is not my intention to stir anything up but just my honest frustration as I did stay up just to find posts that resonated with me to add my opinions to. quoting and agreeing with someone on a favorite ranger thread may not have been full of content but it introduces me into the community and those were my honest answers as someone else has already stated the reasons as to why those rangers were their favorites and they hit the nail on the head with their responses- at least to me. I read through many pages to see where I can add discussion. It may not seem like there is much content but it shows that I took the time to actually read many of these discussions to begin with. the "more ways than one" comment is a wormhole question as I could write an entire essay on how power rangers has changed my life as we would not be the people we are today without accounting for any influences that have affected our history lol, but I didn't want to get into some crazy meta physicality as that wasn't the intended purpose of the thread, but it served as how I wanted it to read, cryptic adding somewhat comedic value and it even provoked a response. I guess my frustration lies in that I honestly felt I took the time to follow policy and that there is just a simple misunderstanding on my end as what constitutes as spamming. I apologize and it won't happen again.
faderkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2017, 08:28 PM   #1863
ϟDecade

Can you please break up sentences in your post? It's hard to read when it's all cluttered together like that.

I don't agree with you, when I review posts, I review on what I can respond with. I felt they were spam.
Old January 24th, 2017, 08:56 AM   #1864
Sagiri

Quote:
Originally Posted by kainhighwind2 View Post
Having the Adblock issue with the DNS error. I've followed the instructions and told Adblock to allow ads from viglink.com and I'm still getting the error.

Would this be a good thread to ask for more help, or should I post this in the Tech Support thread?
If you're still having a problem, whitelist RangerBoard itself, not viglink. It should work.
Sagiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2017, 09:53 AM   #1865
ϟDecade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vhin View Post
If you're still having a problem, whitelist RangerBoard itself, not viglink. It should work.
Both should be white-listed.
Old January 24th, 2017, 03:11 PM   #1866
Kajikiret
VIP Rider

I'm sure the answer is very simple but how do I get my profile picture to show up? When I click my name to go on my actual profile it's clearly there but I don't see it beside any of my posts.
Kajikiret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2017, 03:18 PM   #1867
ϟDecade

That's profile picture, upload an Avatar here: http://www.RangerBoard.com/profile.php?do=editavatar
Old January 24th, 2017, 03:29 PM   #1868
Kajikiret
VIP Rider

Quote:
That's profile picture, upload an Avatar here: http://www.RangerBoard.com/profile.php?do=editavatar
Thank you haha! I didn't realize there was a difference I guess.
Kajikiret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2017, 04:35 PM   #1869
Sagiri

Quote:
Both should be white-listed.
I have RangerBoard whitelisted, and not viglink, and it works. If I un-whitelist RangerBoard, it stops working. I can't see any difference between having both and just whitelisting RangerBoard.

But, I suppose it doesn't really matter as long as it works.

Edit: For the record, whitelisting just viglink doesn't work for me.

Last edited by Sagiri; January 24th, 2017 at 05:18 PM.
Sagiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2017, 04:39 PM   #1870
ϟDecade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vhin View Post
I have RangerBoard whitelisted, and not viglink, and it works. If I un-whitelist RangerBoard, it stops working. I can't see any difference between having both and just whitelisting RangerBoard.

But, I suppose it doesn't really matter as long as it works.
That's odd, it's the other way around for me. I had both whitelisted, and when I removed VigLink from the whitelist, it stopped working.

That's how I was troubleshooting it.
Old February 8th, 2017, 11:42 PM   #1871
Digifiend
RangerWiki sysop

I think I found a long standing problem in the FAQ.
Quote:
No pirate copies of official DVDs for sale.
Source for full information: http://www.RangerBoard.com/showthread.php?t=127023
No permission to access the page that links to. Only reason I can think of for that is that the thread is in the VIP Lounge or a hidden staff only area (instead of Merchandise, where it was originally).

Shouldn't a thread linked to on the FAQ be accessible to everyone? I checked the Wayback Machine, and it looks like at some point between May 2010 and October 2012, the thread was moved, and the FAQ not updated.
Digifiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2017, 11:50 PM   #1872
ϟDecade

Resolved.
Old February 14th, 2017, 12:37 AM   #1873
A. Kira
Power Ranger

Hello there. I was wondering if anyone could elaborate on the meaning of spam posts? And if possible, some few examples of what qualify as spam? I tried to post a quick reply to a discussion board but then it got blocked for spamming. I don't know what I did wrong so I figured I could ask for help here.
A. Kira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2017, 12:41 AM   #1874
ϟDecade

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Kira View Post
Hello there. I was wondering if anyone could elaborate on the meaning of spam posts? And if possible, some few examples of what qualify as spam? I tried to post a quick reply to a discussion board but then it got blocked for spamming. I don't know what I did wrong so I figured I could ask for help here.
The filter is different, it blocks a lot of things that are commonly used by spam bots and abused by spammers.

So simple phrases like "I like that", may be triggering the spam blocker.

I advise on rephrasing your sentences. Such as "I really enjoyed this episode, because..." and etc.

Substance in your posts is also important so we don't manually flag your posts as spam.

As for what triggers the spam blocker, we won't rev that list. We can only advise you to review what you wrote, and to rephrase it.
Old February 14th, 2017, 12:47 AM   #1875
A. Kira
Power Ranger

Is it also possible that the filter is triggered because I tend to repeat some words in a sentence?
Old February 14th, 2017, 12:49 AM   #1876
ϟDecade

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Kira View Post
Is it also possible that the filter is triggered because I tend to repeat some words in a sentence?
Only if those are the same phrase that would trigger. The spam filter assigns points for each spam trigger.

"I like that", may receive 10 points, and when you reach let's say 50 points, it will block your post. So if you said it 5 times, then yes, that could have happened.

The amount of points is not accurate, I only used that as an example.
Old February 14th, 2017, 01:00 AM   #1877
A. Kira
Power Ranger

Okay, just posted my quick reply with your advice and it worked. Thanks a lot!
Old May 6th, 2017, 02:19 PM   #1878
Heroblob
schedelworld.com

I'm having trouble uploading my avatar. It's a gif, smaller than the maximum pixel and file size, but on the avatar preview it plays once and then does not repeat. When I see it on my posts, it looks still. What could I be doing wrong? I'm VIP-II
Heroblob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2017, 02:27 PM   #1879
ϟDecade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroblob View Post
I'm having trouble uploading my avatar. It's a gif, smaller than the maximum pixel and file size, but on the avatar preview it plays once and then does not repeat. When I see it on my posts, it looks still. What could I be doing wrong? I'm VIP-II
Can you PM me a link to it? I should be able to help you from there.
Old June 1st, 2017, 06:46 PM   #1880
J89890
VIP Rider

I don't know whether to ask this question here or in the VIP Forum but is the communicator feature no longer active or how do I find it? I found Power Tunes pretty easy but not that feature.
J89890 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
faq, questions, tags r 4 vips :)