Go Back   RangerBoard > Forums > Discussions
Register Rules/FAQ VIP Membership Calendar Search Mark Forums Read

Old December 28th, 2016, 01:01 PM   #81
Ranger Valor
Power Ranger

eBay
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcceLOWorst View Post
Awh, it's cool to hear how your relationship with Power Rangers has evolved through your life. Welcome; I hope you enjoy the boards!
Thanks! I am really excited to be a part of this forum. Everyone seems really nice so far.
Ranger Valor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2016, 09:03 PM   #82
brancuad
Power Ranger

Hi, I just created an account here! I'm not very sure where to start.

In short, I've watched Power Rangers from MMPR - Mystic Force and eventually caught back up with it during Megaforce and have been watching ever since.

Glad to be here!
brancuad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2016, 01:46 AM   #83
PrimoMystechRanger
All dogs go to Heaven

eBay
Wow, longtime viewer, we don't get many of those around here anymore. Please have fun.
PrimoMystechRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2016, 06:36 AM   #84
TealMystechRanger
Terror adhaerens

Welcome, brancuad! Glad to have you.
TealMystechRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2016, 01:23 PM   #85
UnsungBlueKing
Power Ranger

eBay
My Intro

Hi guys! I go by UnsungBlueKing and I've been a power ranger fan since it's first debut in 93 which has also lead to me becoming a Blue Ranger cosplayer. I'll be sure to post pictures of a photoshoot I did. Also, as you can tell by my U.N., I'm a huge fan of the original Blue Ranger, Billy Cranston. I honestly don't think he gets enough credit and feel he is the most unsung Ranger of the originals. David Yost, who played him also gave me a shoutout when I tagged him in my cosplay photos which really made my entire life. Also, I'm starting to get versed into Super Sentai since of course, we wouldn't even have or beloved Power Rangers if it wasn't for SS.
UnsungBlueKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2016, 02:06 PM   #86
TealMystechRanger
Terror adhaerens

I don't know, I've seen Billy get fair praise on here. Maybe that just means you've found a great place to stay? Welcome! I'm sure you'll learn a lot about Super Sentai here, too.
Old December 30th, 2016, 03:36 PM   #87
UnsungBlueKing
Power Ranger

eBay
Quote:
I don't know, I've seen Billy get fair praise on here. Maybe that just means you've found a great place to stay? Welcome! I'm sure you'll learn a lot about Super Sentai here, too.
Thanks dude! And I'm glad to hear that. In terms of fan following and overall legacy I think he's definitely unsung. For example, check out the number of Likes his fb page has versus JDF. 63,002/872,800 is a HUGE difference. I think his should be JDF numbers tbh. JDF is a great person, but I think his overall Ranger contribution was overrated But that's JMO.
UnsungBlueKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2016, 03:40 PM   #88
TealMystechRanger
Terror adhaerens

You're welcome!

I think the JDF deal is largely because of how Tommy was played out. He went from being the big bad Green Ranger with his whole introductory story, to the team leader, one of the longest-lasting Rangers with a big impact. Billy is definitely less notorious compared to him - and don't forget, a lot of people only really know MMPR, especially the first year or two, so they'll only remember Billy as the nerdy tech guy and not remember (or even know) how he grew over his time in the show.

JDF also likes to, to put it in less-than-glowing terms, whore himself out for his part in Power Rangers history. That might play into the number of likes he has.
Old December 30th, 2016, 03:50 PM   #89
ϟDecade
FINAL KAMEN ATTACK FORM RIDE: OWNER

Please don't derail this thread, is it not for PR discussions.
Decade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2016, 03:53 PM   #90
TealMystechRanger
Terror adhaerens

My apologies. ^_^; You get out there and enjoy the board, UnsungBlueKing!
Old December 30th, 2016, 05:20 PM   #91
brancuad
Power Ranger

Quote:
Welcome, brancuad! Glad to have you.
Thank you! I look forward to it.
brancuad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2017, 10:00 AM   #92
Artanis
Power Ranger

Hi everyone. I joined many years ago to get info for cosplaying the dragon ranger. Still haven't bought any pieces and now the prop makers are all on break.

Hoping to get a Wild Ranger 5 helm soon
Artanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2017, 10:18 AM   #93
IwakuraKaitou
Power Ranger

Hey there, everyone! Thanks for having me.

I was a fan of MMPR as a kid, but I drifted away from it around the time that Turbo started and never really kept up beyond that. Now it seems like some of the seasons considered by most fans to be "the best" are the ones I never watched!

Back a few years ago when ToQger was just starting up in JP, I started watching that - and it lead me back to Power Rangers. Since then I've caught up on all the post-Disney seasons like Samurai and Megaforce, along with their respective "super" seasons - and I've decided that before I start Dino Charge I'm going to go all the way back to MMPR and watch everything I missed out on. So, long story short - I've got a lot of watching ahead of me.

I'm mostly a collector of Transformers toys, but I've still got my hands on some PR Megazords from my childhood like my Thunder and Shogun Megazords - and I've been trying to keep up with the Legacy toyline, although I foolishly missed out on the White Tiger and Falcon releases which I'm now kicking myself over. Hey, at least I got my hands on the White/Green morpher before they disappeared, right?

I also picked up ToQ-Oh, Kyoryuzin, and Plezu-Oh when I was getting (back) into Rangers and Sentai - but I never picked up any of the other mecha from those series. Around the same time I picked up the BoA/PR releases of Gosei Great and Ground + Legendary Megazord, but I find BoA's quality a little bit disappointing and Zord Builder ports are SUPER wobbly. Not a fan.

Most recently, I went a little crazy after xmas and purchased the entire Zyuohger toyline in one go, and I am absolutely loving it so far. I don't have Cube Whale quite yet, it's arriving on monday - but everything up to that point has been a total blast to play around with. It's made me decide to go back and pick up Diesel-oh and Build Dai-oh from ToQger so so I can form me some Cho Cho insanity.

Wasn't much into the look or feel of the Ninninger mecha, and the show REALLY annoys me for some reason, so if I ever end up getting them it will likely be the cheaper, smaller Ninja Steel versions.

Anyway, that's the long and short of me. Transformers Collector, starting to get back into collecting Sentai and Ranger robots for fun, trying to catch up on all the Rangers and Sentai shows I haven't seen yet, and having a ton of fun while doing it! Looking forward to chatting with you all!
IwakuraKaitou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2017, 10:42 AM   #94
TealMystechRanger
Terror adhaerens

Quote:
Originally Posted by brancuad View Post
Thank you! I look forward to it.
You're welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
Hi everyone. I joined many years ago to get info for cosplaying the dragon ranger. Still haven't bought any pieces and now the prop makers are all on break.

Hoping to get a Wild Ranger 5 helm soon
Sorry to hear that you're a bit lost in waiting for the prop makers to return to their trades (I'm sure they're absent for good reason). Do enjoy the rest of the board in the mean-time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IwakuraKaitou View Post
Hey there, everyone! Thanks for having me.
Transformers fan who got drawn back to Power Rangers by Sentai and whose first purchases as a newly-recovered fan were Kyoryuger mecha? We already have some things in common!

Welcome to the boards! We've got plenty to discuss with PR and Sentai (I'm sure you'll have plenty to say while you make your way through the annals of PR history), and we could always do with more fans in the Transformers thread.
Old January 9th, 2017, 03:55 PM   #95
Shogun86
Power Ranger

Hey everyone! New memeber here, my names Dustin from Michigan. Been a off again-on again fan of Power Rangers since I was about 8. I stopped watching the show around Lightspeed Rescue. No real reason I stopped watching, I guess I just grew out of it.

However when I found out about the legacy toy line and the new movie I started getting into rangers again. Zords have always been my favorite part of power rangers. Shogun being my favorite. As if you couldn't tell. Lol

I'm also a huge fan of Star Wars and all things superheros. Looking forward to chatting and getting to know you all.
Shogun86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2017, 04:04 PM   #96
TealMystechRanger
Terror adhaerens

I've always been big on the Zords, too. I'm looking forward to seeing what Legacy may bring us Shogun-wise. It's one of the Megazords I really wanted as a kid (being a little too young to have been into MMPR in its day, getting the Megazords from those years was tough). Here's hoping we see something, good, eh? Welcome to the boards! Don't be shy to dive in!
Old January 9th, 2017, 10:53 PM   #97
foreveranxman
Power Ranger

eBay
Hey guys! New to RangerBoard - was a huge fan of MMPR growing up as a kid. The dvd box set of MMPR and the launch of the new movie and BOOM! comic series seem to have reignited my passion. (Also that KICKASS fan rendition with James Van Der Beek and Katie Sackhoff.) Had the opportunity to play a few of the Rangers at theme parks and had a BLAST doing it! Nice to see there are so many people out there that are massive fans of this franchise!
foreveranxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2017, 08:13 AM   #98
TealMystechRanger
Terror adhaerens

You're going to find yourself to be in a tiny minority with your approval of the Power/Rangers fan-film. Playing Rangers at theme parks is awesome! I still remember meeting "the" Red and Pink Space Rangers at Toys'R'Us once as a kid, and it's great to see fans getting in on that action and giving kids that experience.

Welcome, and enjoy your stay!
Old January 11th, 2017, 07:11 PM   #99
MrNerdDad
Mr. Nerd Dad

eBay
New to the boards here. I've gotten deep into collecting Power Rangers in the last 3-4 years. I think my trigger point was the Legacy Dragonzord. It was the one figure I couldn't ever find/buy as a kid and I bought it as soon as I saw it in stores. I now have a fairly large Legacy Megazord collection (still looking for a Titanus) and I got my 2 year old daughter into the Imaginext Power Ranger figures. Nothing like reliving your childhood with your kids!
MrNerdDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2017, 09:09 AM   #100
Sh4un
Shinkenger

Hey folks!

I've been a big fan of power rangers since I was kid, with Mighty Morphin. But only recently started collecting the toys which started with the Legacy 6" line. Which now has lead into collecting zords and the 5" figures from the newer series.

As of recently I've discovered Super Sentai and have been hooked on Shinkenger.
I look forward to delving into the 40+ series I've missed!

I do A LOT of toy hunting on my weekends so I'm looking forward to being a part of the merchandise threads.

I look forward to chatting with you all!
Sh4un is offline   Reply With Quote