RangerBoard

Go Back   RangerBoard > Forums > Merchandise
Register Rules/FAQ VIP Membership Calendar Search Mark Forums Read

Old April 11th, 2017, 10:54 AM   #61
Ranger_91
Power Ranger

Whitetiger187 wrote: View Post

I don't know, Not to be cynical but it has been my experience that law enforcement can be pretty ineffective on these cases as far as getting restitution.
Well, law enforcement won't be the individuals going after the restitution it's the judges that will make the determination that restitution is to be paid. Regardless, even if it's not paid John shouldn't be walking around continuing to steal from people without repercussions. The matter can also be dealt with civily in small claims court after a criminal proceeding to get your money back if need be.
Ranger_91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2017, 01:48 PM   #62
ccayton18
Power Ranger

Hey Everybody,

One of my admins over at The Ranger Store has been in contact with him. If you haven't already please message his business page on FB, I cannot promise anything but he is assuring us that he is working around the clock to fulfill all open orders. He has already been removed from our Trusted Sellers List and our group, but we would still like for this to be made right, and it seems he wants the same.

Like I said, I am not promising that he will come through, but I'd like to believe that he will.
ccayton18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2017, 02:02 PM   #63
Whitetiger187
Power Ranger

ccayton18 wrote: View Post

Hey Everybody,

One of my admins over at The Ranger Store has been in contact with him. If you haven't already please message his business page on FB, I cannot promise anything but he is assuring us that he is working around the clock to fulfill all open orders. He has already been removed from our Trusted Sellers List and our group, but we would still like for this to be made right, and it seems he wants the same.

Like I said, I am not promising that he will come through, but I'd like to believe that he will.
I talked to him as well on FB. He said that he will have mine by the end of the month or the beginning of next month. I am willing give him until then for my part.

Again, I'm in no hurry for it, as long DO get a helmet (or refund.) That's the thing. I am willing to bear with a guy if he is behind or having personal problems, IF I knew for sure that was the case. I'm not trying to be that guy cracking the whip going "now, now, now"

BUT I don't want to have the wool put over my eyes and be strung along by false promises neither. Money does not grow on trees.

Last edited by Whitetiger187; April 11th, 2017 at 02:14 PM.
Whitetiger187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2017, 02:27 PM   #64
manson26
Flung Out of Space

That's good to see... I hope I get mine eventually. :/
manson26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2017, 10:12 AM   #65
Ranger_91
Power Ranger

I have been told the beginning of next month or the month after like 6 times over the last 2 years. He told me both of my helmets were finished like 4 or 5 months ago. Since then he has still promised me two additional shipping dates and has not sent them. So at this point both of my helmets should literally be sitting on a shelf in his shop and he won't send them...lies lies lies from John. Anyone who actually thinks he's working around the clock or really trying to get these helmets done is giving him way too much credit.
Old April 12th, 2017, 10:58 AM   #66
ccayton18
Power Ranger

Ranger_91 wrote: View Post

I have been told the beginning of next month or the month after like 6 times over the last 2 years. He told me both of my helmets were finished like 4 or 5 months ago. Since then he has still promised me two additional shipping dates and has not sent them. So at this point both of my helmets should literally be sitting on a shelf in his shop and he won't send them...lies lies lies from John. Anyone who actually thinks he's working around the clock or really trying to get these helmets done is giving him way too much credit.
Oh, I never said I believe it, just said he is assuring us that he is. I would like to hope he will come through, but at the same time shooting him a message to possibly help the situation is better than doing nothing.
ccayton18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2017, 02:22 PM   #67
Ranger_91
Power Ranger

ccayton18 wrote: View Post

Oh, I never said I believe it, just said he is assuring us that he is. I would like to hope he will come through, but at the same time shooting him a message to possibly help the situation is better than doing nothing.
I appreciate the information. It's just that I've already sent John so many messages and he's given me so many promises and assurances that if I printed them off it would be thicker than a dictionary. I'm completing two complaints with the Better Business Bureau tonight and then I'm gonna see what happens from there.
Old April 12th, 2017, 09:48 PM   #68
brandonr117
Power Ranger

eBay
Just also a little reminder. PayPal gives you 180 days (I think?) to start a dispute. After that, you are in his hands.
Mine ends April 30th, and last week John assured me that my helmet would ship out this week.
I will be messaging him tomorrow and seeing what is up with my order.
I want to give him the benefit of the doubt, but their are too many people with the same story. Not only on here, but also on Facebook.
brandonr117 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2017, 01:18 AM   #69
Ranger_91
Power Ranger

brandonr117 wrote: View Post

Just also a little reminder. PayPal gives you 180 days (I think?) to start a dispute. After that, you are in his hands.
Mine ends April 30th, and last week John assured me that my helmet would ship out this week.
I will be messaging him tomorrow and seeing what is up with my order.
I want to give him the benefit of the doubt, but their are too many people with the same story. Not only on here, but also on Facebook.
I had contacted PayPal about the issue like 7 or 8 months ago and the lady talked to me like I was an idiot. She said if I was supposed to get the product within 3 months and it was well over a year it was essentially my own fault and began talking to me like I was a child. If you're gonna get your money back within that 180 day time frame (Which I highly suggest everyone does if they can) make sure you do it and not a single day later.
Old April 13th, 2017, 07:35 AM   #70
Whitetiger187
Power Ranger

Well I just missed the boat by a month on filing a complaint with Pay Pal :/ If anyone have any idea how we all can take legal action, we can see what we can do with that.

Like it was just said, I would give the guy the benefit of a doubt but given how everyone has been given the same story over the last few months, I'm starting to smell a scam

I just don't get it.....I saw this guy's work, and its pretty good work. I don't get why he would just start scamming people.
Whitetiger187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2017, 05:15 PM   #71
manson26
Flung Out of Space

So. Not sure what to think.... Legacy just posted another $250 sale on Instagram. Wonder what the turn around time is on this sale.
Old April 14th, 2017, 07:27 AM   #72
MMPhillyR
Power Ranger

manson26 wrote: View Post

So. Not sure what to think.... Legacy just posted another $250 sale on Instagram. Wonder what the turn around time is on this sale.
I saw that too. He must not be too bothered about all the negative feedback and all these back orders if he is still taking new orders...
MMPhillyR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2017, 06:01 PM   #73
Ranger_91
Power Ranger

manson26 wrote: View Post

See.... he doesn't care. As long as suckers keep sending him money he'll keep taking it from them.
Old April 17th, 2017, 06:51 PM   #74
Khandri
Tyranno Princess

eBay
So I messaged him as well per another request he made on Facebook today for people to do so. I was told my order would be going out the end of April, like what he's said to some of you here. I had to restrain myself from replying that I'm not actually counting on that happening, since he's said this sort of thing to me a few times before.

And apparently he knows about this thread too, but won't respond to it because he's not a member here and says we complainers should just message him. Except it's obvious from posts here that most of us have done so. I kinda feel like he's victim-blaming instead of owning up to his mistakes.
Khandri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2017, 07:51 PM   #75
manson26
Flung Out of Space

I just saw that post. I've met a few people on Facebook the past few days that have also been waiting on orders. Including one that ordered exactly when I did... June of 2015!!!!
Old April 17th, 2017, 09:39 PM   #76
brandonr117
Power Ranger

eBay
Just wanted to mention that my helmet was shipped earlier today. Legacy sent me a picture of the tracking and the helmet should arrive Wednesday.
I ordered November 2016, not as long as some of you.
I will be sure to provide a review on the helmet and see if it is rushed, which I hope not.
brandonr117 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2017, 03:42 AM   #77
evyltwyn
Power Ranger

Ok, guys while I feel you all on the issues I feel the need to educate some so you understand going forward with what you are getting into. Everything that's not licensed or mass produced is considered custom. Helmets replica coins ect. By the rules of paypal buyer protection is not available.....most makers have researched this and know they can use this if they wanted to never give you your money back. However most don't because well, its an asshole move. What you need to understand is with the recent acquisition of the license from EFX I would start expecting most ranger helmet makers to get c&d orders as EFX now owns the right to mass produce 1:1 style mmpr helmets and movie helmets. While most seasons other than MMPR and the new movie might be safe the legal merit alone can allow them to say they own the license for replica helmets and stop all others. Be aware when you order from now on, a lot of what you should do is find a helmet maker that does kits.. order the kits and prep it up to paint.. then send it to a body shop for paint. It may cost you but in the end it will come out very nice. Just know that a lot of what you do when its made by so and so prop maker is considered custom ... paypal protections don't cover custom.
evyltwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2017, 04:36 AM   #78
Ranger_91
Power Ranger

brandonr117 wrote: View Post

Just wanted to mention that my helmet was shipped earlier today. Legacy sent me a picture of the tracking and the helmet should arrive Wednesday.
I ordered November 2016, not as long as some of you.
I will be sure to provide a review on the helmet and see if it is rushed, which I hope not.
What helmet did you order November 2016? It's funny because he told me several months ago that I was first on his list of helmets to send out "as both are completely finished" according to him. More lies from the scammer....

evyltwyn wrote: View Post

Ok, guys while I feel you all on the issues I feel the need to educate some so you understand going forward with what you are getting into. Everything that's not licensed or mass produced is considered custom. Helmets replica coins ect. By the rules of paypal buyer protection is not available.....most makers have researched this and know they can use this if they wanted to never give you your money back. However most don't because well, its an asshole move. What you need to understand is with the recent acquisition of the license from EFX I would start expecting most ranger helmet makers to get c&d orders as EFX now owns the right to mass produce 1:1 style mmpr helmets and movie helmets. While most seasons other than MMPR and the new movie might be safe the legal merit alone can allow them to say they own the license for replica helmets and stop all others. Be aware when you order from now on, a lot of what you should do is find a helmet maker that does kits.. order the kits and prep it up to paint.. then send it to a body shop for paint. It may cost you but in the end it will come out very nice. Just know that a lot of what you do when its made by so and so prop maker is considered custom ... paypal protections don't cover custom.
I talked to the guy who had ordered 6 months prior to me and who had ordered his helmets in 2014. He Had just filed his claim with PayPal and they awarded it in his favor and returned his money. 2.5+ years or so later. This is very good news for all of us. If this is the case we all may stand a chance at getting our money back after all.
Old April 18th, 2017, 04:43 AM   #79
evyltwyn
Power Ranger

Ranger_91 wrote: View Post

What helmet did you order November 2016? It's funny because he told me several months ago that I was first on his list of helmets to send out "as both are completely finished" according to him. More lies from the scammer....

I talked to the guy who had ordered 6 months prior to me and who had ordered his helmets in 2014. He Had just filed his claim with PayPal and they awarded it in his favor and returned his money. 2.5+ years or so later. This is very good news for all of us. If this is the case we all may stand a chance at getting our money back after all.
Very true, you missed the point of my post though... most sellers of replicas ect wont fight that clause but I pointed it our for the buyers awareness.
evyltwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2017, 05:49 AM   #80
Ranger_91
Power Ranger

evyltwyn wrote: View Post

Very true, you missed the point of my post though... most sellers of replicas ect wont fight that clause but I pointed it our for the buyers awareness.
Good information. Thanks for the heads up.