RangerBoard

Go Back   RangerBoard > Forums > Merchandise
Register Rules/FAQ VIP Membership Calendar Search Mark Forums Read

Old October 21st, 2017, 12:37 PM   #1721
RedRanger87
Somewhere on KO-35

GoldBlade6 wrote: View Post

I agree. I just hope it doesn't take too long for that assortment to hit somewhere.

Target is ripe for getting something in - anything. It seems like forever since they've gotten in anything new. They are so behind - it's becoming a real shame. The only thing I can really count on them for is their exclusives - mostly because those don't have even the opportunity of hitting anywhere else first...
I agree that Target is due for a new assortment. Hopefully itís the assortment with Madame Odious and the rest of the TM figures.

I just drove out to two other Walmarts. One had the assortment I talked about previously (Skullgator was gone already) and the other had all 5 Ninja Master Mode figures. Itís the only time Iíve seen NMM Pink, so I grabbed her and White.

Considering grabbing two more regular Reds to customize them into the other two AkaNinngers.
RedRanger87 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2017, 01:49 PM   #1722
LastLine
Welcome to the X-Men...

Can someone help me figure this out?

I've just bought my son his first Morpher today (Awwwww, they grow up so fast)

He's got the Ninja Steel Morpher, but the box says 50 sound effects, now I appreciate these are going to be tied to the stars, but I can't figure out what exactly triggers each sound effect. Can anyone provide a list?
LastLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2017, 10:52 PM   #1723
MysteryRanger
Power Ranger

Saw this on www.overstock.com a 2018 Power Rangers Ninja Steel Calendar:

https://www.overstock.com/Office-Sup...el&refinement=
MysteryRanger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2017, 01:18 PM   #1724
andr0s81
100% Grade "A" Final Boss

4 eBay
LastLine wrote: View Post

Can someone help me figure this out?

I've just bought my son his first Morpher today (Awwwww, they grow up so fast)

He's got the Ninja Steel Morpher, but the box says 50 sound effects, now I appreciate these are going to be tied to the stars, but I can't figure out what exactly triggers each sound effect. Can anyone provide a list?
I don't have the morpher so I don't know if this is comprehensive, but spinning the different stars should trigger most of the sounds. there's a button press I believe that has more sounds, but the majority should be from the stars.
andr0s81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2017, 06:43 PM   #1725
⚡Taichi
Little Drummer Boy...

32 eBay
Came across this tonight.

Taichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2017, 07:32 PM   #1726
Falcon6
Its time to d-d-d-d-dduel

eBay
Saw this in the catalog, but not in store. Im sure its cheaper than buying individually, but maybe by a few bucks.

Also found at big lots today for $10. [IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by Falcon6; October 27th, 2017 at 07:32 PM.
Falcon6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2017, 07:55 PM   #1727
Spacehawk
Power Ranger

Found me a Skullgator. His sword is wonderfully bent by the packaging. Can anyone else who has found a Skullgator comment as to whether this is the norm or not? Not sure I'll see a second anyway but I'd be curious to know if there could be unbent examples out there.
Spacehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2017, 08:17 PM   #1728
Ranger4612
Power Ranger

Taichi wrote: View Post

It's a cool set for sure, and it would be undeniably cooler if it included the main 5 in one set, but I struggle to see the justification for the price tag. The sword is regularly on sale for about $25, and the power packs are only $8, which makes this set at most about $50, and I hardly see either SKU moving frequently at any local store. Buying individually, you'd also get either another star, or one of those weird launcher things too, so you're actually getting a little less with this set.
Ranger4612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2017, 08:28 PM   #1729
⚡Taichi
Little Drummer Boy...

32 eBay
Yeah, not buying it... lol... the price seemed high. Iím not collecting Ninja Steel, and especially when this set still has those awful shuriken that are smooth and not grooved like they should be.
Taichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2017, 08:32 PM   #1730
Ranger4612
Power Ranger

Yeah, not buying it... lol... the price seemed high. Iím not collecting Ninja Steel, and especially when this set still has those awful shuriken that are smooth and not grooved like they should be.
Jeez, for real? I didn't notice that before, but I just zoomed in and saw it, that makes it that much more frustrating and less worth it for me. I have saved a lot of money this year not collecting the gimmick. There are a few packs that have looked cool for me, but they just don't interest me like the dino charger sets did. They just seem disposable given their cheap construction.
Ranger4612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2017, 09:14 PM   #1731
GreenMystechRanger
JusticeForK

...I'm not even sure that's worth half the price they're selling it for.
GreenMystechRanger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2017, 10:58 PM   #1732
GentaMystechRanger
I love you Nanny :)

Spacehawk wrote: View Post

Found me a Skullgator. His sword is wonderfully bent by the packaging. Can anyone else who has found a Skullgator comment as to whether this is the norm or not? Not sure I'll see a second anyway but I'd be curious to know if there could be unbent examples out there.
My SkullIgator has a straight sword.

Also, I'm amazed TRU's still have Ranger Keys.
GentaMystechRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2017, 11:08 PM   #1733
Xenotome
💎✨Queen Syuusuke✨💎

So... I remember when they said that the Stars not having the patterns pressed into the blades were a production error... a year ago... what's the excuse NOW?
Xenotome is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2017, 11:15 PM   #1734
MegaBlue
That @iNicoNation Guy

Christmas cash-in multi-pack + leftovers that were in the warehouse = that set, plain and simple

I just checked the Calvin star set that I have, and they have the patterns pressed into them.
MegaBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2017, 11:27 PM   #1735
Xenotome
💎✨Queen Syuusuke✨💎

MegaBlue wrote: View Post

Christmas cash-in multi-pack + leftovers that were in the warehouse = that set, plain and simple

I just checked the Calvin star set that I have, and they have the patterns pressed into them.
I'd buy that if the newly released Ninja Master Blade didn't also come with unpressed blades...

There is no excuse for that shit, this problem was found out a year ago and they weren't even in stores for an additional 9 months. There is no reason why they weren't taken from the warehouse to be pressed especially for something you are charging $35. Or you can get one how it's supposed to look by spending more money on a damn Star pack. Quality Assurance is a fucking joke to BoA.
Xenotome is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2017, 12:28 AM   #1736
MegaBlue
That @iNicoNation Guy

Considering it took BoA an astonishing FIVE releases to finally nail the color scheme for the printing on the Dino Chargers, this doesn't surprise me. I don't collect the gimmicks that much - the Dino Chargers were "hey, it's Christmas, and I found several new sets at Walmart, so I'm going to buy them, and, hey, Rumble & Roar Rexy is on sale now for $20, and he plays sounds with them - albeit random sounds for each one, but still - so they're worth something" - and Calvin has one star that exists, which I already have the set for.

Now, am I obsessed enough to buy the Astro Steel Megazord to keep in the box because Calvin's piloting it on the package? No.

...Well, not yet, anyway.
MegaBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2017, 03:47 AM   #1737
dwphoenix
Power Ranger

Not to piss people off anymore. However, the unpressed stars must just be a US issue, as all of my sons Stars are pressed. In fact all the stars I've seen have been pressed too.

dwphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2017, 05:07 AM   #1738
grnrngr
www.grnrngr.com

eBay
Ranger4612 wrote: View Post

It's a cool set for sure, and it would be undeniably cooler if it included the main 5 in one set, but I struggle to see the justification for the price tag.
SRP = $60

DX Ninja Star Blade = $30 SRP
3x Ninja Star Power Packs @ $8 SRP = $24
Total = $54

There is no justification. This is either an accounting error (maybe they think the packs are $10) or stupidity (maybe they wish the packs are $10).
grnrngr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2017, 07:21 AM   #1739
RedRanger87
Somewhere on KO-35

grnrngr wrote: View Post

SRP = $60

DX Ninja Star Blade = $30 SRP
3x Ninja Star Power Packs @ $8 SRP = $24
Total = $54

There is no justification. This is either an accounting error (maybe they think the packs are $10) or stupidity (maybe they wish the packs are $10).
This is just showing up now and itís in the Toys R Us Holiday Book for $40 on sale. This will give the appearance to a person who doesnít know any better that theyíre getting a deal (they are when the sale price is compared to the MSRP). They might get a few $60 sales out of it before the holiday pricing kicks in.

Iím not surprised or upset by this move. Why? Whether the stars have pressed images or not, I was never going to buy it in the first place (such as a majority of people posting here). Iíll save my outrage for something more worthwhile.
RedRanger87 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2017, 08:59 AM   #1740
grnrngr
www.grnrngr.com

eBay
Bandai doesn't usually operate this way though. This one is an oddity.
grnrngr is offline   Reply With Quote