RangerBoard

Go Back   RangerBoard > Forums > Merchandise
Register Rules/FAQ VIP Membership Calendar Search Mark Forums Read

Old August 5th, 2016, 10:48 PM   #61
GentaMystechRanger
Roger Roger!

Frankly aside from the head I don't mind it. I don't think it's great but the flat head is the only big turn off to me.

Love the figures though.
GentaMystechRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2016, 11:08 PM   #62
andr0s81
100% Grade "A" Final Boss

4 eBay
It looks like the legs bend on Red's zord, there's joint lines at the appropriate places.

My main hope is that they do legacy versions of the team sooner rather than later.
andr0s81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2016, 11:18 PM   #63
Xenotome
★Morgan McMichaels★

andr0s81 wrote: View Post

It looks like the legs bend on Red's zord, there's joint lines at the appropriate places.
It has to given that you can see the fist in his legs as well.
Xenotome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2016, 01:02 AM   #64
StealthFury
Power Ranger

I am definitely going to be picking up the figures when they are released.

I wonder what Bandai America has up its sleeves as far as zords seeing as the Ninja Steel Megazord has all of those zord builder ports all over it?
StealthFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2016, 02:42 AM   #65
WhiteHeraldRanger
Legendary Herald of Light

How does the Megazord look like crap? It looks pretty decent. The Series itself was kinda crap to me, but that's my opinion. Let's see what happens when the actual toys hit the shelves this holiday season.
WhiteHeraldRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2016, 04:46 AM   #66
grnrngr
www.grnrngr.com

eBay
andr0s81 wrote: View Post

I really don't get the complaining about the Megazord. It's not like the Ninninger mecha look different design wise. The only difference I see is just missing paint and the wings not separating. Otherwise it's the same thing that debuted 2 years ago.
Xenotome wrote: View Post

Yeah, the hate for the Megazord is honestly kind of perplexing. It's literally Shurikenjin with a little less gold...
It's a combination of the complainers-who-love-to-complain and the fact that they aren't very familiar with the Shurikenjin design.

It's a very ODD mech. The whole series is, really. It takes some getting used to.
grnrngr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2016, 06:26 AM   #67
Dark storm
Power Ranger

^Actually, for the most part it's most of us who own Shurikenjin. I am getting a bit more used to it now, but it still looks pretty bad. Using the pic without the red zord in the megazord was a bad move, because that just makes it look worse than it really is.

Also, I thought the sword looked shorter and didn't have as much blade. Now I can see that it's all just blue. But after Dino Charge, it still bothers me when they mess with the sword and any other weapons unnecessarily. So, I can officially cut down my list of problems to lack of paint (because in this case, it really did make the zord), outward shoulder zb port, and tacky shuriken head. Looks like Mcdonalds toy. I'm also not sure I'm fond of the stretching of the dragon. Tho I still feel they could have put more posability in the arms of the otomo-nin

Also, just noticed with the dragon, looks like the legs won't rotate up and down for transformation. Damn, BOA really loves taking out the fun in toys (i.e. Samurai Megazord).
Dark storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2016, 06:40 AM   #68
Lord-Zero
Chameliac was trolled...

eBay
Dark storm wrote: View Post

Also, I thought the sword looked shorter and didn't have as much blade. Now I can see that it's all just blue. But after Dino Charge, it still bothers me when they mess with the sword and any other weapons unnecessarily. So, I can officially cut down my list of problems to lack of paint (because in this case, it really did make the zord), outward shoulder zb port, and tacky shuriken head. Looks like Mcdonalds toy. I'm also not sure I'm fond of the stretching of the dragon. Tho I still feel they could have put more posability in the arms of the otomo-nin.
The "unnecessary" changes are basically there to save on costs. BoJ's Shurikenjin was basically twice the price and it shows in its sculpt and details. Expecting the same with the cheaper BoA versions is setting yourself up for disappointment.

Shoulder ZB ports have been a thing since Legendary Megazord if the design allows while the smaller shuriken head is understandable since it lacks electronics. If anything, it'll make the combination with Bison King look somewhat closer to the concept art. I guess all sounds will come from the sword.

Also, just noticed with the dragon, looks like the legs won't rotate up and down for transformation. Damn, BOA really loves taking out the fun in toys (i.e. Samurai Megazord).
It only takes the "fun" if you know of the Japanese toy. This is a cheaper alternative for kids and parents.
Lord-Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2016, 06:51 AM   #69
tavionjackson
Power Ranger

ShurikenJin and the Auxilary otomomin have always been mecha that only look good on paper and in the show, I've never been to fond of the toy versions. I keep telling myself that I'm not going to get the ninja steel figures but I might give in when they hit shelves. But if I do then I'm going to want to collect Hurricanger figures as well as the ninja Rangers and alien Rangers.
tavionjackson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2016, 06:54 AM   #70
Ranger4612
Power Ranger

StealthFury wrote: View Post

I am definitely going to be picking up the figures when they are released.

I wonder what Bandai America has up its sleeves as far as zords seeing as the Ninja Steel Megazord has all of those zord builder ports all over it?
I wonder if maybe the green and gray things that were shown are going to be like a type of armor or power-up for the Megazord, and that's why there are additional ports.
Ranger4612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2016, 07:02 AM   #71
grnrngr
www.grnrngr.com

eBay

Damn, BOA really loves taking out the fun in toys (i.e. Samurai Megazord).
So you're complaining about the quality of an item that you aren't going to buy because you already have the Japanese version thereby proving that you are clearly not the target market for it in the first place?

Do you have children? Do you buy toys for those children? Would you drop $60-80-100 on a Megazord for those children?

99.9% of parents wouldn't.
grnrngr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2016, 01:28 PM   #72
Zapdos560
Gokai Change, ZAPDOS!

Interesting to note that the Shurikens on the boys' belts are painted, but not on the girls. Maybe the initial wave of Boy figures will be literal overstock from Bandai Japan?
Zapdos560 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2016, 02:12 PM   #73
TheSentaiGuy
making idiocy an art form

Zapdos560 wrote: View Post

Interesting to note that the Shurikens on the boys' belts are painted, but not on the girls. Maybe the initial wave of Boy figures will be literal overstock from Bandai Japan?
Well, those pictures of the three guys are literally of the Japanese figures, they still have the metal rivets.
TheSentaiGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2016, 02:54 PM   #74
⚡Taichi
Little Drummer Boy...

32 eBay
Yeah, exactly, those are just the Japanese figures with the American version of the Ichibantou.
Taichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2016, 07:27 PM   #75
NrinVakil
1700's Clone Tommy

I just think it's hilarious that Japanese collectors will be importing the BoA female rangers to complete THEIR collections
NrinVakil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2016, 08:18 PM   #76
TheultimateRanger21
hero from the bay area

^ I was thinking the same thing. I also thought that if the american figures came exactly with the same accesories I would only need to get the girls. I'm happy there are only six rangers again for this team because that's alll I care about for each PR line is the main 5 inch figures though having ten rangers was pretty cool.
TheultimateRanger21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2016, 09:08 PM   #77
Ranger4612
Power Ranger

TheultimateRanger21 wrote: View Post

^ I was thinking the same thing. I also thought that if the american figures came exactly with the same accesories I would only need to get the girls. I'm happy there are only six rangers again for this team because that's alll I care about for each PR line is the main 5 inch figures though having ten rangers was pretty cool.
It will be a welcome change for me, as much as I love the 10 Ranger team from DC, having to decide if I want to get all of the variations of the Rangers in the 5" line is a daily struggle for me. With there being 4 variations of the core 5, and 3 of the other 5, I really can't justify buying 35 figures for 10 characters, even when the figures look pretty cool. Only having to get the core 6, and whatever power up they get, if they even get one, will be a lot easier on my wallet.
Ranger4612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2016, 09:48 PM   #78
Lord-Zero
Chameliac was trolled...

eBay
TheSentaiGuy wrote: View Post

Well, those pictures of the three guys are literally of the Japanese figures, they still have the metal rivets.
We'll know pretty soon. If anything, I hope they get the longer swords like in the picture.
Lord-Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2016, 09:49 PM   #79
marukosu_es
Power Ranger

eBay
I really like the figures. I'm happy because they followed the same figures like the japanese toys. And yes, I'll buy the ninnin guys first, to buy the PRNSt girls later.
The sword looks fine, better than the Ninninger's. I always thought the PR version would release yellow swords, because of the second colour of the originals, but black is good, I guess.
About the megazord, It's just the same. Looks great, but when you start to see the details, of course you will choose the japanese version. Personally, is not one of my favourite megazords, but looks fine.
marukosu_es is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2016, 07:01 AM   #80
Dark storm
Power Ranger

grnrngr wrote: View Post

So you're complaining about the quality of an item that you aren't going to buy because you already have the Japanese version thereby proving that you are clearly not the target market for it in the first place?

Do you have children? Do you buy toys for those children? Would you drop $60-80-100 on a Megazord for those children?

99.9% of parents wouldn't.
Unlike the past seasons of BOJ mech, I would recommend this line over the BOA zords. Especially while they are available at an affordable cost(Still roughly $40 on amazon). At least until the line runs out (which it may around the time the show begins, if not by the end of this year). It's worth it to spend the extra $10 for something better quality, where as before, it wasn't. Sure, the Japanese sounds make no sense for kids, but it's still really fun being able to do even the most minor things with these you can't do on the others.
Dark storm is offline   Reply With Quote