RangerBoard

Go Back   RangerBoard > Forums > Merchandise
Register Rules/FAQ VIP Membership Calendar Search Mark Forums Read

Old August 27th, 2016, 04:09 PM   #41
⚡Taichi
Little Drummer Boy...

32 eBay
EMS has shot through the roof since the near yen to dollar conversion. Badly. Mandarake is charging out the nose for it and they used to be the most comparable. I just bought the Karakuri Hengen... I got it for 1250 yen and they wanted near 4000 yen for EMS, I went SAL. It's gotten outrageous. I fear the Driver. It's not going to be cheap.

Unfortunately from here on out, Sentai and Rider are going to be henshin devices only. No more mecha or figures. The insane increase is just not worth it. SAL isn't that much better and who knows... they may not allow the Driver go SAL depending on the size.
Taichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2016, 04:31 PM   #42
AnAlpha
Power Ranger

32 eBay
Yeah the conversion has been pretty bad lately. I can o my hope it'll stabilize after the summer

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
AnAlpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2016, 05:36 PM   #43
⚡Taichi
Little Drummer Boy...

32 eBay
Geez, it must be difficult on sellers such as yourself. The amount of stock you buy must wreak havoc on shipping with the conversion.
Old August 30th, 2016, 10:42 AM   #44
TealMystechRanger
One For All

May have already been posted, but B-Boys' "New Rider" page has some images of Ex-Aid toys. I love these colours. XD
TealMystechRanger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2016, 05:32 PM   #45
TealMystechRanger
One For All

And hot off the tail of that, a whole host of new images!

DX Gamer Driver (with Mighty Action X Gashat)

DX Kimewaza Slot Holder and Bakusou Bike Gashat

DX Shakkariki Sports Gashat

LvUR01 Kamen Rider Ex-Aid Action Gamer

Rider Hero Series 01 Kamen Rider Ex-Aid Action Gamer Level 2

Rider Hero Series 02 Kamen Rider Ex-Aid Action Gamer Level 1

DX Kamen Rider Ex-Aid Eyecon

Plus, plenty more images have crept up from somewhere!

Old September 2nd, 2016, 05:47 PM   #46
DigitalBrave3
Mystech Movie Villain

I'm extremely excited for Ex-Aid now.
DigitalBrave3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2016, 03:00 PM   #47
Thetacigma
Power Ranger

Having seen some further pictures of this year's figure gimmick I'm guessing that it'll work something along the lines of the level 2 mode figure will somehow fold and clip into a shell like form of the level 1 mode, with the backpack of lvl2 becoming the head of lvl1
Thetacigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2016, 03:06 PM   #48
TealMystechRanger
One For All

Yup, that's pretty much what we're thinking. There's a generic Level 1 shell that comes with Ex-Aid; your chosen Level 2 Rider figure folds up, with his chest plate removed, and the Level 1 shell opens up at the back. You put the Rider in backwards, the big face on their back becomes the Level 1 head, and you plug the chest plate onto the front of the shell. Voila!

It does mean that if you want to display the various Riders in Level 1, you're going to have to purchase LvUR01 multiple times... and of course they're going to be low on articulation.
Old September 9th, 2016, 04:37 AM   #49
DigitalBrave3
Mystech Movie Villain

I found these at http://gameridernews.tumblr.com

Old September 9th, 2016, 05:26 AM   #50
TealMystechRanger
One For All

Crazy contortionism going on there...

Also posted on that Tumblr, some images of Taddle Quest and Bang Bang Shooting in the Driver... as well as being in the Level 3 slot...

The colours of the lights are looking different, which is great! Ugh, mustn't be drawn in...
Old September 9th, 2016, 05:51 AM   #51
DigitalBrave3
Mystech Movie Villain

AcceLOWorst wrote: View Post

Crazy contortionism going on there...

Also posted on that Tumblr, some images of Taddle Quest and Bang Bang Shooting in the Driver... as well as being in the Level 3 slot...

http://66.media.tumblr.com/1859ffb54...o4_r1_1280.jpg

http://67.media.tumblr.com/0c153781b...o3_r1_1280.jpg

http://66.media.tumblr.com/97253a815...o4_r1_1280.jpg

http://66.media.tumblr.com/3de057fc0...o3_r1_1280.jpg

The colours of the lights are looking different, which is great! Ugh, mustn't be drawn in...
I'm already drawn in....
Old September 9th, 2016, 06:28 AM   #52
TealMystechRanger
One For All

Best of luck with the haemorrhaging of money, then! I'm teetering, but I know from Ghost that this would cost a lot (worse with the new exchange rate) and I'd at least want to be absolutely certain that I want these and like the show enough before I invest. I need to see some reviews and get invested enough in the show. And then yeah, it'll probably be Gamer Driver and one or two Gashats for Christmas, and then slowly collecting afterwards.

Right now, I'm mostly leaning more towards Appmon. But same deal there; need to see the toys and watch the show to decide. The main draw with the Gamer Driver and Gashats right now is all the glorious colours!

(Speaking of... hmm, the use of both cyan and regular blue is giving me ideas... curse you, Bandai!)
Old September 9th, 2016, 05:51 PM   #53
Lord-Zero
Chameliac was trolled...

eBay
I'll probably just get the Brave and Snipe figures and stay away from the rest.
Lord-Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2016, 05:23 AM   #54
Yamato
Knight of Spear

I've cancelled my Ex-Aid pre-orders. I'm not doing another Ghost. Getting suckered into the toys from day 1, finding the show mediocre then only collecting the gimmick because "I'm this far in, may as well finish it".

At this point, I'd definitely buy a Brave figure as he's my favourite when it comes to looks. But the belt and Gashat's? Pass.
Yamato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2016, 06:26 AM   #55
⚡Taichi
Little Drummer Boy...

32 eBay
*sigh... I did as well.

I'm a little gun shy as well with how Ghost drew me in and then crapped all over the place.

That said, EMS is just too much anymore. I'm in the same boat. I need to pay the back half of the CSM Faiz Belt... and the shipping. I can only imagine what the EMS is going to be. Allocating funds to those things are more important.
Old September 12th, 2016, 06:34 AM   #56
Yamato
Knight of Spear

Taichi wrote: View Post

*sigh... I did as well.

I'm a little gun shy as well with how Ghost drew me in and then crapped all over the place.

That said, EMS is just too much anymore. I'm in the same boat. I need to pay the back half of the CSM Faiz Belt... and the shipping. I can only imagine what the EMS is going to be. Allocating funds to those things are more important.
I'm at a point now where other things are more important. I have the CSM Faiz Gear, Doron Changer, DodekaiOh, WWE 2K17 (NXT Edition) all within September/October. That's on top of about 5 Nendoroids I have pre-ordered that are coming out between now and end of December.

Fair enough, if I start watching Ex-Aid and really like it, I'll buy the merch later down the line but not now. Now is a bad time!
Yamato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2016, 06:41 AM   #57
⚡Taichi
Little Drummer Boy...

32 eBay
I completely agree man. I too have the Faiz, Doron, Appli Drive, and quite a few other things that I'm deadset on getting. Now's not the time to be wishy-washy... lol!
Old September 12th, 2016, 07:05 AM   #58
TealMystechRanger
One For All

Yamato wrote: View Post

Fair enough, if I start watching Ex-Aid and really like it, I'll buy the merch later down the line but not now. Now is a bad time!
My thinking too. Just that every new image of pretty much anything that I'm interested in makes me go "oooh, yeah, I wanna get it!" Like the Ninja Megazord packaging or the Soul of Chogokin Zords promo image over the weekend. XD

Both Ex-Aid and Appmon are getting trial periods (though it'll probably only be the first nine episodes to start with, as if I'm interested enough in one or the other, I'd like to get some stuff for Christmas). And they're the two things right now which will probably spawn full collections if I go with them - most everything else is a larger, one or two item purchase.

Watch the next Sentai interest me too...
Old September 12th, 2016, 07:32 AM   #59
⚡Taichi
Little Drummer Boy...

32 eBay
Digimon gets an automatic pass no matter what.

Rider has lost my interest in toy form since Drive. Gaim was cool and innovative... Drive threw too much at one time for one Rider, Ghost was novelty... but it had worn off. Ex-Aid has the potential of Gaim with multiple riders, but it's so hard to get back into something that has burned you already.
Old September 12th, 2016, 07:45 AM   #60
TealMystechRanger
One For All

This'll be my first time following a new Digimon series as an adult fan, so I'll have to wait and see Appmon is going to hook me enough to invest. I agree with the Rider thing, to an extent... Ghost was the first series I've collected DX items for, and, well, partially like you said with it being novel, and partially that the show just lost me a while back. With Ex-Aid, there's again the whole sense of newness (though I'll say that I got a LOT more excited over the first images than I did with Ghost), so maybe I won't even want the DX items by January or something, regardless of the show's quality. Once they're out there and they've been around for a while, I may largely lose interest... like with the Doubutsu Cubes.

I'll likely get Figuarts, though. I'm still going to get Necrom to complete my Ghost trio, even though I'm not hugely fond of the show. And when I'm rich, I'll get all the Gaim Figuarts too. Then I'll wake up.