RangerBoard

Go Back   RangerBoard > Forums > Merchandise
Register Rules/FAQ VIP Membership Calendar Search Mark Forums Read

Old February 25th, 2015, 05:35 PM   #81
raden238
Power Ranger

CrimsonEcho wrote: View Post

WHY DOES IT HAVE SOUNDS FOR GAIM AND SHIT?

What could this mean? Will they release cards for them??????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OHtz-gdRBY
Looks like The Next Decade is here. Spoilers for Decade's sequel series.
raden238 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2015, 05:59 PM   #82
FE21
PR Geek

There's Gaim sounds? I would have gotten this...
FE21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2015, 12:42 AM   #83
CrimsonEcho
Power Ranger

The video also shows that it has sounds for Riders like Drive and Fourze.
CrimsonEcho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2015, 01:01 AM   #84
bushwacka666
We all like a bit of bush

Taichi wrote: View Post

Nice!

Just wondering, Taichi: do you know exactly what day that was dispatched out to you? I'm curious as to how long these things take to get to you guys compared to how long they take to get to me.
bushwacka666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2015, 08:18 AM   #85
⚡Taichi
Little Drummer Boy...

32 eBay
Thanks! There's more at the bottom!

To answer your question, it was dispatched on 02/23/15 in Japan and arrived to me yesterday... not bad.

This is only my second CSM... but damn, while I love Kabuto, this thing is pure gold! And to have freaking BGM while using it... that made me giddy!
Taichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2015, 08:57 AM   #86
RiderFan18
Power Ranger

The cool thing about the BGM button is, if you hold it down for more than one second, it will begin to play the first sound, but then switch to the second sound automatically after putting a card in.
RiderFan18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2015, 08:59 AM   #87
⚡Taichi
Little Drummer Boy...

32 eBay
OMG... I didn't know that! Trying that tonight!
Old February 26th, 2015, 05:41 PM   #88
Sprocket
Power Ranger

I'd have to pay $200-$250 to get this now, wouldn't I.
Sprocket is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2015, 04:10 AM   #89
bushwacka666

Taichi wrote: View Post

To answer your question, it was dispatched on 02/23/15 in Japan and arrived to me yesterday... not bad.
WOW, so like 2 days? That's insanely fast! I once posted a letter that was going to somewhere literally a 20-minute walk away and it took over a week to get there! lol

Well it seems about a week is average for my Japanese EMS purchases. My CSM Decade parcel arrived yesterday afternoon. When I got home from work, it was the perfect start to my weekend!

(NOTE: I may start rambling in a few places here, so I apologise in advance for that. )

Suffice to say, I LOVE these things! Straight away you can see the extra effort that went into this thing compared to the DX belt: the more "metal looking" silver paint, the engraved "DECADE" on the top, the Rider symbols around the buckle are more finely printed and more detailed (the Kabuto symbol actually says "ZECT" now, whereas the DX just had a solid black block.) I love the improved belt strap too - sadly my stomach is too big to allow for a flawless effect, as I still get some of the black inner strap stretching out beyond the silver outer strap, but it's okay.

I love that BGM too. It's a little quiet and I find the phrases/standby sounds can sometimes drown it out a little, but I love that both do play at the same time and really helps sell the overall effect. Why can't all Rider belts have BGM in them?

Talking of sound, I was doing some comparing between the CSM belt and the DX one and I do think the CSM one has overall improved sound quality and volume. Another nice addition is that the "Kamen Ride" phrases for the Showa Riders are now accompanied with an individual transformation sound for each Rider just like the Heisei ones, as opposed to just the same generic sound that the DX belt had. A personal plus for me is that the CSM belt does still have the generic sound variation of the phrases as well, so even if there are a few cards that aren't covered in the belt, (like "Attack Ride: Rekka Daizantou" or "Final Attack Ride: W" as I've mentioned before), I can at least still use homemade cards to trigger the generic sound and just announce the name myself - imitating the Decadriver voice is always fun!

So many good points with these releases! There are a couple of minor drawbacks though, along with some other things I've noticed or thoughts I've had:

- As I feared, the majority of the phrases in the CSM belt just don't sound like they did in the show; they aren't spoken the same way. If you're picky about that sort of accuracy (as I admit I can sometimes be) then you could find that to be an issue. I do have to wonder why they couldn't have just re-used the original recordings, or at least why Mr Okita couldn't have tried to imitate the original recordings more closely. Though I guess it's a small complaint to make when you consider that we're still lucky to get all these individual phrases here in the first place.

- The CSM cards are indeed exactly the same size as the DX ones, so yes they will fit just fine in the DX Ride Booker. I've discovered though that the new plastic-like cards tend to attract each other; when you pull one card out of the Ride Booker, others always get pulled along with it and stick out of the holder. These could touch against the button inside and set off the sound many more times than you wanted, and pushing the cards back down every time could get tedious. The original DX cards don't have this issue.

- Yes the DX K-Touch still attaches to the CSM belt, and the CSM buckle still works when attached to that little round adapter that came with the K-Touch. Unfortunately the new thicker belt strap means that the adapter no longer slots over neatly like it does on the DX strap. You can just about get the adapter on but the stiff clip means it won't go down all the way; it'll stick up quite a bit compared to its intended position.

- So with the belt, card set and pre-order bonus cards, there are a total of 110 cards. The two binders can actually hold a total of 128 cards, so there are 18 empty slots left over. Last night I was beginning to wonder why this was. The binders are made up of plastic sheets with eight slots each, stacked on top of each other to form the pages with four slots to a page. They could've left out a sheet from each binder (i.e. 16 slots) and still been able to fit in every card with two slots left over. Is there a specific reason they added in more empty slots than was necessary?

I have a long-winded theory about this now. Bear with me...

The two Kaijin Ride cards in the pre-order bonus, although looking cool, are pretty pointless right now. They both just trigger the error beep in the CSM Decadriver, and to be fair, why not? In the show they were never even used with that belt, instead they were used with the Diend Driver. When these cards were first announced I didn't understand why they were there, included as part of a release for a belt that doesn't use them.

However, from the little leaflet that was included with the belt, we now know that a CSM Diend Driver is probably on the way. At this point I'm feeling pretty confident that the Diend Driver is going to have a barcode scanner as well (WOO-HOO!) Those "faded" Kamen Ride cards all trigger the error beep in the belt too, and they all share the exact same barcode. On the other hand, the Kaijin Ride cards each have a different barcode; why do that unless the intention was to have them trigger individual phrases? My guess is that these two cards will function with the Diend Driver when that gets released.

So here's where my theory with the spare binder slots comes in: Bandai know how to milk the customers for more money, and I think this is another clever tactic by them. They're releasing cards now that will only have a purpose with the forthcoming Diend Driver, so that would encourage more people to buy that so they can put those cards to use.

We know the CSM Decadriver also has sounds for the post-Decade Riders as well (I'm aware of at least Double, Gaim and Drive. I haven't heard whether OOO, Fourze and Wizard are there too but it's a pretty safe bet.) So you'd think there must be cards to trigger these sounds as well, right? I wonder if Bandai would repeat the same tactic again: the CSM Diend Driver, another card set and another pre-order bonus of cards that could be intended to function with the Decadriver, which could then fill up some of those empty slots in the binders and also encourage more people to buy the Decade stuff.

That's all just random guess work. I'm not saying that it would definitely happen but I could see them trying it. The one thing I am certain of is that Bandai must be holding something back for future compatibility between the Decadriver and Diend Driver releases.

Overall, my first ever CSM purchase certainly does not disappoint. A couple of minor issues, maybe. But there's no question that this improves on the DX in leaps and bounds. I'm glad I bought these and I sincerely hope everybody else who did is as happy with them as I am.
Old March 3rd, 2015, 04:30 PM   #90
Rego001
Power Ranger

NIPPON YASAN seems to be waiting until the end of this month to ship thier orders out

EDIT: speak of the devil. Payment request, shipping out on the 17th

Last edited by Rego001; March 4th, 2015 at 11:54 AM.
Rego001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2015, 06:31 AM   #91
bushwacka666

The moment when you realise there's a slight fault with one of the sounds in your CSM Decadriver and you can't send it back for a replacement because you already threw out the packaging.

FML.
Old March 9th, 2015, 06:52 AM   #92
Zapdos560
Gokai Change, ZAPDOS!

If anyone could, I'd like to see some of the cards displayed in the binders or some scans of the booklet that comes with it.
Zapdos560 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2015, 08:21 PM   #93
Sprocket
Power Ranger

bushwacka666 wrote: View Post

The moment when you realise there's a slight fault with one of the sounds in your CSM Decadriver and you can't send it back for a replacement because you already threw out the packaging.

FML.
Welcome to why I never throw out the boxes to Japanese collectibles! Well, that and if I ever want to sell them.

What's the problem with it, if you don't mind me asking?

Last edited by Sprocket; March 12th, 2015 at 08:25 PM.
Sprocket is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2015, 11:27 PM   #94
Gokaioh621
Insert witty comment here

Edit: Nevermind. I'm dumb
Gokaioh621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2015, 11:51 PM   #95
Zapdos560
Gokai Change, ZAPDOS!

http://p-bandai.jp/b-boys-shop/item-1000096898/

17,280 yen.
Preorders April 24-July 6
Releases in October.
Zapdos560 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2015, 12:56 AM   #96
bushwacka666

YES! You get the belt! YOU GET THE BELT!!!

I'm surprised to see this already, I've been looking back through dates concerning the previous CSM releases to try and spot patterns and I honestly wasn't expecting them to announce this already. October is right what I figured for the release date though.

39 cards come with it apparently. I'm pleased the belt is in there too; I'd been brainstorming some ideas in my head on how to modify a Decadriver into Diend's belt if it came down to it, so this saves me the trouble now.

EDIT: Just spotted with those cards, it looks like there are two Kamen Ride: Diend cards pictured for some reason, not sure what that's about. It looks like you do get his Gekijouban card though, which leads me to the natural question and my only concern at this point... Will that front plate on the belt come off? Got to be able to attach a K-Touch to it, you know?

Last edited by bushwacka666; March 24th, 2015 at 01:08 AM.
Old March 24th, 2015, 06:14 AM   #97
RiderFan18
Power Ranger

I think the second Diend card may make a unique henshin sound for the evil gedoshu Diend from the Shinkenger special, since we did get the kaijin ride cards with the preorder bonus.
RiderFan18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2015, 06:24 AM   #98
bushwacka666

Good call, RiderFan, you may be right. Taking a closer look at those pics it looks like one has got a different logo in the bottom-right circle; I can't make out what it is but there certainly is a difference between the two.

I've been thinking more about this (surprise surprise! ) and I don't see them doing another card set now. I believe the ones with the belt already cover pretty much every card Diend was shown to use so there isn't really anything left (there are plenty of unused secondary Riders but none we ever saw cards for; I doubt Bandai would make ones here that we didn't see.)

There could still be the possibility of a pre-order bonus though, maybe covering the primary Riders from W-Drive seeing as how the Decadriver has those sounds. But I'd say that's probably all we'd get.

Also 39 cards is too many for the spare slots from the Decade binders so I'm not sure where you'd keep them, unless the belt's card holder is able to store all of them at once.
Old March 24th, 2015, 06:35 AM   #99
⚡Taichi
Little Drummer Boy...

32 eBay
Well, well, well... like any of us were in denial about what was next, but to get the belt too??!! Awesome!

Just glad the preorders open later in April... gives me a good chance of selling more stuff and getting ready for it.
Old March 24th, 2015, 07:54 PM   #100
Rego001
Power Ranger

Anyone who still wants a deca driver and missed out on the preorders, nippon yasan has them in stock right now.

Act fast.
Rego001 is offline   Reply With Quote