RangerBoard

Go Back   RangerBoard > Forums > Merchandise
Register Rules/FAQ VIP Membership Calendar Search Mark Forums Read

Old September 24th, 2014, 02:26 AM   #1
Yamato
Fire in the hole!

Complete Selection Modification

Details of the Complete Modification DecaDriver are now out! The belt will be released through Premium Bandai in February 2015 with a price of ¥12,960. It looks like it only comes with 4 cards. Decade's Henshin card, Blast card, Kuuga Final Form Ride and Decade Final Attack Ride.

Fear not, there is a card pack being released at the same time, for the price of ¥7,560.

If this image is anything to go by, it looks like we'll get Showa Rider cards, I spot Skull so maybe secondary Riders too? As well as Final Attack Ride cards.

Credit to JEFusion for pics.

I understand a few members recently got the CSM Kabuto Zecter. What are your thoughts on the DecaDriver? Will your wallet cry when it see's this?
Yamato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2014, 04:06 AM   #2
RiderFan18
Power Ranger

Sweet!

You can see the Final Kamen Ride cards, the Show Riders, the Attack Rides, Form Rides, and even the blank Kamen Ride cards like from episode 1. You can also see Amazon's Final Attack Ride, hopefully this means they will include the ones for the other Showa Riders as well.

And yes, my wallet is crying like a fountain.
RiderFan18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2014, 04:17 AM   #3
evilgreenranger1993
Power Ranger

Having since watched the clusterfuck of a show called Kamen Rider Decade I can say I do want this but not for the price their asking for.

Just not gonna happen.
evilgreenranger1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2014, 04:32 AM   #4
dracoknight92
くろきし

eBay
At least with CSM Kabuto Zecter you're getting the complete package, this is a bit too much for my wallet..
dracoknight92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2014, 04:41 AM   #5
Yamato
Fire in the hole!

My wallet doesn't really have a say in this. It's gonna be a case of "Shut up and take my money". I'll have to make sure I actually save for it though, planning another trip to Japan in March...
Old September 24th, 2014, 05:23 AM   #6
SUNGEL
Say The Star

Damn, just when I finished my own cards...

It serves me right...
SUNGEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2014, 06:47 AM   #7
⚡Taichi
Little Drummer Boy...

32 eBay
Well, look at the bright side SUNGEL, if you hadn't made them, then we wouldn't be getting this... is that a good thing? I dunno... it's like waiting to wash your car... it'll be hot and sunny all week... even on the day you want to wash it... however, once you do, it rains like hell. Yep... serves you right...

Really though... 4 cards?! I mean really? So not only do I have to spend to get the Driver, but a card pack too? Ugh... I'll probably do it as I don't have a DecaDriver, but it seems the Super Best might actually be the best. For this price you're essentially paying for the "Complete Selection" name only and the Adult Belt... the SB DecaDriver came with 20 cards and is around $70 to $80... I... just might skip this one. That's might.
Taichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2014, 07:15 AM   #8
SUNGEL
Say The Star

Anyway... I hope this one actually reads properly the cards this time.
SUNGEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2014, 07:35 AM   #9
⚡Taichi
Little Drummer Boy...

32 eBay
^ Gah... you had to post that!
Old September 24th, 2014, 11:36 AM   #10
cyberv
CYBER OP, ENERGIZE!

...I wonder if it will be able to read cards for W through Gaim... (glances left, then right) What? He DID need W cards for his finale, at the very least.
cyberv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2014, 12:11 PM   #11
bushwacka666
We all like a bit of bush

SUNGEL wrote: View Post

Damn, just when I finished my own cards...

It serves me right...
Hah, I know how you feel! I'd made mine quite a while ago now but it still sucks to think I put all that time in when ultimately I didn't have to. Frankly though my cards are a bit of a hash job, so I'd gladly take these.

Taichi wrote: View Post

Really though... 4 cards?! I mean really? So not only do I have to spend to get the Driver, but a card pack too? Ugh... I'll probably do it as I don't have a DecaDriver, but it seems the Super Best might actually be the best. For this price you're essentially paying for the "Complete Selection" name only and the Adult Belt... the SB DecaDriver came with 20 cards and is around $70 to $80... I... just might skip this one. That's might.
I'd always hoped a show-accurate card set would be released someday, after seeing them for both Ryuki and Blade, so I'm all for that. I am surprised that only four cards seem to be coming with the belt though. Like I said in the CSM Kabuto Zecter thread, I did a very quick rough count of how many cards were shown and it was around 160 (approx. 91 of those for Decade himself, the rest if you add Diend into the mix.) I don't know how many cards the Ryuki and Blade sets had by comparison, but damn it sounds like the Decade one would be pretty big if it really was a complete set. Seems like that would've been more of a reason to include more cards with the belt itself.

cyberv wrote: View Post

...I wonder if it will be able to read cards for W through Gaim... (glances left, then right) What? He DID need W cards for his finale, at the very least.
I wouldn't worry about your glances there, cyberv: I'm wondering the exact same thing myself... well at least in respect of the W cards we actually saw in Movie Wars! From the original pic that RiderFan18 posted in the CSM Kabuto thread, there is a "All Riders" Final Attack Ride shown which I believe never had a sound in the DX belt, so it does imply that the CSM release might have at least some new sounds added in. Let's keep our fingers crossed!

Just examined the card set advert pic that Yamato posted: new cards pictured there but they've just used the same default barcode on all of them, so no clues there! For some reason I do have a nagging feeling that unique sounds for all the Attack Ride cards might be expecting a little too much, I could possibly see them doing the Form Ride names though.

I've always been happy with my DX DecaDriver and if it the CSM belt had been left unaltered I'd probably just go for the card set in order to get higher quality scans for my homemade ones. However, if there are a fair amount of new sounds being added in... yeah I'll most likely pick up the CSM belt, price be damned!
bushwacka666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2014, 12:44 PM   #12
Mr Tuesday II
I Lie, I Cheat, I Steal!

Oh, my aching wallet. I still want it, though.
Mr Tuesday II is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2014, 01:10 PM   #13
DoubleFace
VIP Rider... BLACK!

Nothing to excite about really. CSM line is kind of losing it's point now. I mean, we get only 4 cards with belt, even less that came with DX toy, what kind of "completeness" is this when he have to buy "DLCs", in this case pack of cards separately? And all that for over 1200 yen. This better have more sounds otherwise price is not justified.

There was a certain appeal to CSM Kabuto Zecter because toy hasn't been out for 8 years. Decade Driver not only had Korean and HK version, but most important, Super Best one.
DoubleFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2014, 01:26 PM   #14
⚡Taichi
Little Drummer Boy...

32 eBay
^ Yeah that and the Kabuto Zecter had the sectioned belt pieces... that alone makes it worthwhile and the Clock-up pad.

This thing isn't all that much more than the original DX and the SB Versions... even the added sounds won't do much for me honestly. Now that I see what this comes with... think I'll just snag the Super Best and call it a day.
Old September 24th, 2014, 04:51 PM   #15
Onua
Power Ranger

eBay
I need more details to make up my mind. I love my Super Best version, but if this thing comes packed with more sounds, I might just go for it. On the other hand, if it doesn't have enough new sounds but the already released cards are compatible with the Super Best, I'll totally buy just the card pack.

Buuut I won't hold my breath for either option.
Onua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2014, 08:47 PM   #16
Saito Satoru
Power Ranger

I see this.
Then I see a seller selling his SB DecaDriver with no box for $25
With shipping
Okay?
Saito Satoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2014, 02:28 AM   #17
christopherjohn
VIP Rider

So for belt and cards its 20,520 yen cause why would you buy one without the other? So its a 190 dollars before shipping usd. I don't know if its worth it honestly. I'd like to get it but damn 200 dollars before shipping? Yeah no sorry I'm waiting for Complete Selection Kiva. I'd probably be broke as a joke preordering 2 of them.
christopherjohn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2014, 04:13 AM   #18
DoubleFace
VIP Rider... BLACK!

Let's do the math:

SB Double Driver was for 6500

CSM for 10500

So we basically paid 4000 extra for leather belt, added details and more collector-oriented box. Price is well justified.

SB Decade Driver -4500 JPY if I am correct

CSM Decade Driver - almost 13000 JPY and what we are getting? Less cards, belt that has quite simplistic design compared to Double Driver aaaand that's all. Still, they can reveal some interesting info in the future but honestly I don't care.
DoubleFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2014, 08:14 AM   #19
Yamato
Fire in the hole!

I own the SB DecaDriver, as well as the original release belt. I'm happy with the SB version but I'd love more cards. I had a PDF years ago that I printed and cut out cards (just words on them, no artwork...but they worked!) If I could find custom made cards anywhere, I'm sure I could skip this CSM release.
Old September 25th, 2014, 08:20 AM   #20
SpideyWing
Still not MagiKing

I actually kind of like the idea of splitting the cards away from the belt; I own the Super Best DecaDriver, and I don't really feel the total need to own the CSM. (Though it is very pretty...) However, having the cards sold separately is a fantastic idea; because it means that people (like me) that already own the basic DX / SB can get all the cards without having to buy what is (most likely) the exact same electronics with a fancy new covering.
SpideyWing is offline   Reply With Quote