RangerBoard

Go Back   RangerBoard > Forums > Merchandise
Register Rules/FAQ VIP Membership Calendar Search Mark Forums Read

Old August 1st, 2014, 06:15 PM   #61
MerCurryMeme
Figuring Life Out

And when you type in Bionicle.com; you're redirected to the Lego site. It never did that in the past.

And to add the icing, the "Coming Soon" image is now gone.

This is so official before it's official.
MerCurryMeme is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2014, 09:38 PM   #62
megazordman1
Power Ranger

Another member of the cast for my fanfic on bzpower this time its a Le-Matoran named Otana

return of the toa mocs by The MegazordMan, on Flickr
megazordman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2014, 05:51 AM   #63
TealMystechRanger
One For All

The wings really make the design pop, and the Rahkshi feet for the arms look neat.

MerCurry wrote: View Post

And when you type in Bionicle.com; you're redirected to the Lego site. It never did that in the past.

And to add the icing, the "Coming Soon" image is now gone.

This is so official before it's official.
Yup, it's going to be awesome! I just hope we get an official reveal soon. Perhaps NYCC in a couple of months?
TealMystechRanger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2014, 04:45 PM   #64
Sir Koji
Knight of Ice

I have the entirety of the Legends novel line, although I'd love to get the full Adventures line.
Sir Koji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2014, 04:49 PM   #65
TealMystechRanger
One For All

Sounds pretty cool. I only have Legends #8, #10 and #11 myself. They're fun reads though... maybe I should give them a re-read in anticipation for the franchise's return.
Old August 3rd, 2014, 07:53 PM   #66
Sir Koji
Knight of Ice

Ok, so here's my 2015 Mata rebuilds based on the leaks.

I just threw together Inika frames because I was in a hurry.

Team

Tahu (yellow mask instead of red because I didn't want to use the light red)

Tahu with board/shield on back

Lava board

Shield

Lewa

Gali

Onua

A little chest detail to show that it is thicker

Kopaka (the Gelu blades are a shield, I figure that's what the leak is going for)

Pohatu (in story, those are boomerangs that can be used for physical strikes, not claws or blades) Pohatu was a pain because of his color scheme and the lack of brown.
Old August 4th, 2014, 06:34 AM   #67
TealMystechRanger
One For All

They look good! Nice job at emulating the leaked images - obviously the final sets might look completely different, but these do well matching up to the blurry images. I'd say Onua doesn't quite match up as well, but all-in-all they work well. And good job matching existing Kanohi up to how the masks look in the display, even though one would hope/imagine that they'll all be as close to the originals as Tahu's Hau.

Also, I'm not sure if Tahu will use the board as a shield since he seems to have two swords. He can probably hold them in one hand like Tahu Nuva, though. Oh, and Pohatu not being brown is only a little worse than Tahu, Lewa and Gali being the Metru colours rather than the Mata ones, but I understand why you used what you did.
Old August 4th, 2014, 09:14 AM   #68
Sir Koji
Knight of Ice

Well, the leaked Tahu has two swords and a board. I just decided to go single sword (he's likely to have two when I write, but I only had one piece) and carry the board on his back. I just chose to display it as a sword/shield thing in case I want to go that route.

I did try to match Mata colors when I did Mata rebuilds a few weeks ago (before the leaks came out and all this started happening), but yeah, it's hard to do the original Mata color scheme.
Old August 4th, 2014, 10:40 AM   #69
TealMystechRanger
One For All

Makes sense. And yeah, you obviously went with what you could and it works well anyway. It's a bit of a shame that the new sets won't provide us Inika-build parts in Mata colours, especially Mata blue and Mata green (since Ackar at least gave us some great red parts). Still, it's cool enough that we're having Mata green back as the main colour of a (BIONICLE/Hero Factory) set - Lehrahk was the last back in 2003, right? Though if we're counting wider constraction stuff, I really can't remember what Ben 10 did and have no knowledge of Chima. And looks like Green Latern's constraction figure had Mata green... Still, in terms of BIONICLE and Hero Factory, it's been over a decade.
Old August 4th, 2014, 11:12 AM   #70
Sir Koji
Knight of Ice

Lehrak was the last one, yeah.

I think Green Lantern does indeed have Mata Green according to BZPower.
Old August 4th, 2014, 11:33 AM   #71
TealMystechRanger
One For All

I have a few photos saved of the DC/Marvel constraction sets so I had a quick look when I made that last post. Still, it's only a few basic parts, hardly a wide variety. A quick Google search brings up a good photo:

Feet, shin armour, shoulder armour and part of the chest. An MOCer would have to use some other colours to fill in the gaps. And hm, I just thought, do the bone parts of the current build system only come in black? I only have hero sets so I don't know if they also come in grey (I feel they might though?) or in other colours.
Old August 4th, 2014, 01:07 PM   #72
Sir Koji
Knight of Ice

I wouldn't know about the bone parts. I never got any Hero Factory and stuff, so I never got any of those parts.
Old August 4th, 2014, 05:40 PM   #73
TealMystechRanger
One For All

Fair enough. I'll throw that out to any other members who might post here (it seems to have become just us recently, haha). So the new BIONICLE sets will be your first experience with the Hero Factory build system? Assuming of course that they use it, though they do seem to have the same torso parts if nothing else.
Old August 4th, 2014, 05:41 PM   #74
lifeforce416
Power Ranger

Toa Nuva restyle

Not going to lie, I am beyond excited that they are bringing back this line. i think I still have every comic from it. In honor of the "POTENTIAL" relaunch,here are my updated Toa Nuva in the Ignika style that I made back in the day. I have a Gali Nuva too, but I can't find the mask I used for her so I decided to not take a picture of her.

Toa Nuva Team
Tahu Nuva
Kopaka Nuva
Takanuva
Onua Nuva
Pohatu Nuva
Lewa Nuva

And also one of the many customs i made back then. I don't even remember what this one was called.

Custom Toa
lifeforce416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2014, 05:59 PM   #75
Sir Koji
Knight of Ice

AcceLOWorst wrote: View Post

So the new BIONICLE sets will be your first experience with the Hero Factory build system?
Yes. I did try to track down some first wave HF sets, but failed to do so recently.

And those are beautiful Nuva designs. I especially love the double shield on Kopaka, that's an interesting idea.

A Vorox would be fantastic to have for my Pohatu rebuild I did a while ago...
Old August 4th, 2014, 06:15 PM   #76
TealMystechRanger
One For All

I have the hero sets from 2010-2013. Not bothering with this year's, a combination of not really thinking much of the mech designs (not to mention that, with heroes being used multiple times, I'd have to decide which sets to get through arbitrary methods) and having other things to get.

And agreed, those are some great MOCs! Especially liking Pohatu, can't quite place what in particular I like so much and I feel it may just be the whole shebang. Lewa also looks pretty awesome. And Takanuva. Awh, they all do. But Pohatu Nuva especially. XD

Also, I think we're beyond "potential" and into "all-but-confirmed" now, what with various leaked things, Greg F's 2015 mention, LEGO taking down their "BIONICLE isn't coming back" thread, the brief "these items haven't been released yet" page when BIONICLE was searched on the LEGO site, and anything else I'm forgetting. If it's not happening, it's one extremely well-done hoax (I read earlier that one of the parts in the leaked images was unknown until an upcoming Star Wars set was unveiled - would have been nigh-impossible to have put an at-the-time-unknown piece in a forged image) and a whole tonne of coincidences. I'm still being a touch cautious just so I won't be too disappointed in the possibility of it not happening, but at this point it seems almost definite.
Old August 4th, 2014, 07:39 PM   #77
Sir Koji
Knight of Ice

The only things that we have as evidence that don't entirely fit yet are the set numbers.

I think the most damning piece of evidence is the Star Wars piece (Wookie Gunship I think BZPower said) being in the leaked images, where it would be impossible unless legit.
Old August 5th, 2014, 05:58 AM   #78
TealMystechRanger
One For All

I saw a video yesterday saying that there's a large swathe of unused set numbers that include these new BIONICLE ones, as proven on Brickset (I think it was Brickset). But that's not really evidence, a hoaxer could look at that same gap and throw a few of the numbers onto their list.

Is that what you're talking about with the set numbers, or is there something else that I'm unaware of?
Old August 5th, 2014, 07:02 AM   #79
Sir Koji
Knight of Ice

Yeah, that's it. There's also large sets of unused numbers all over the place.
Old August 5th, 2014, 07:56 AM   #80
TealMystechRanger
One For All

I understand the five-digit system was only recently implemented, though I'm sure I recall a few promotional and exclusive items from BIONICLE having five-digit numbers. Still, there's around 90,000 possible five-digit combinations (since you can't count anything below 10000, of course) so it's not surprising that there'll be a lot of gaps. It'll take decades for LEGO to fill all of those numbers.

Here's a discussion point - what was everyone's first BIONICLE set? I actually have two - Onua and Tahu. They were being sold as a two-pack at Argos (catalogue-based British store) and my dad bought them for me. I built Onua first, but I consider both of them my first sets. I even built the Stars in reverse order (by set numbers) so that Tahu would be my (joint)-first and my last set.

Well, until now. And since getting into building in set number order in 2009, I'd feel odd jumping to Tahu just to build him first. Well, maybe I'll make an exception for him, then follow the order for the others.