return of the toa mocs by The MegazordMan, on Flickr

return of the toa mocs by The MegazordMan, on Flickr
megazordman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2014, 10:49 AM   #42
TealMystechRanger
One For All

That snake one is awesome!

Sir Koji wrote: View Post

I just built some really fast thrown together Inika-style 2015 Toa, a spider, and the Master of Skull Spiders (the latter two being better builds). When I start writing a 2015 reboot story, I can put those on BZP so they can't slam me for using leaked images.
Would be cool to see them, are they emulating the leaked images or just your own designs?
TealMystechRanger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2014, 06:51 PM   #43
Sir Koji
Knight of Ice

I tried to emulate the leaks.

I haven't taken pictures yet, and can't until tomorrow. I DO have pictures of a spider/Lord of Skull Spiders though:

Sir Koji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2014, 07:31 PM   #44
TealMystechRanger
One For All

I can only make out a large black spider on the Lord of the Skull Spiders packaging, so I assume he/it is said Lord. Still, your Lord looks really cool (loving the use of the Mantax claws as talons, and the hulking shoulders thanks to the Takadox heads), and the spider has an interesting build. Nice work, and I look forward to seeing the Toa, too.

Edit: Didn't notice until now, this was my 1000th post! Glad to have made it in a thread dedicated to the past and future at once.

Last edited by TealMystechRanger; July 31st, 2014 at 06:29 AM.
Old July 31st, 2014, 01:15 PM   #45
MerCurryMeme
Figuring Life Out

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/Meson...niclecolor.jpg

Here's the newish set reference; in COLOR.

Not in 3D sadly. That's Ghost's job.
MerCurryMeme is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2014, 01:16 PM   #46
Sir Koji
Knight of Ice

Yeah, but I didn't want the big bad to be just a bigger spider ruling over smaller spiders. I wanted an actual Lord figure. I'm going to try to make the Lord the new Makuta, or something, I don't know yet.
Old July 31st, 2014, 02:38 PM   #47
TealMystechRanger
One For All

MerCurry wrote: View Post

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/Meson...niclecolor.jpg

Here's the newish set reference; in COLOR.

Not in 3D sadly. That's Ghost's job.
Linked in first post, but it's always nice to see the picture again and to spread the news! And remind me, is Ghost the animation team for The Legend Reborn and the Hero Factory animations?

Yeah, but I didn't want the big bad to be just a bigger spider ruling over smaller spiders. I wanted an actual Lord figure. I'm going to try to make the Lord the new Makuta, or something, I don't know yet.
Understandable. I imagine we'll get some villains in the second half of the year, possibly including one or more humanoid ones (or at the very least, if it's a reboot, Teridax will also be involved, even if we don't get a set for a while like way back in the day). Anyway, I'm sure you'll figure out what works best for the direction you're taking it in.
Old July 31st, 2014, 02:46 PM   #48
Sir Koji
Knight of Ice

I half expect, if there is an actual Lord (and not just another, bigger spider), he'd be a servant of Teridax (I'm assuming he exists in some form, due to what appears to be his mask in the leaked image), or just Teridax himself, but without a proper title/name, and the Matoran (or whatever) are just calling him what they see him as; a lord of the Skull Spiders.
Old July 31st, 2014, 02:53 PM   #49
MerCurryMeme
Figuring Life Out

AcceLOWorst wrote: View Post

Linked in first post, but it's always nice to see the picture again and to spread the news! And remind me, is Ghost the animation team for The Legend Reborn and the Hero Factory animations?
That was mostly Tinseltown, actually. The only thing Ghost did for HF was the Beasts from Below special.

http://biosector01.com/wiki/index.ph...and_Animations

Ghost did the commercials, I think.
MerCurryMeme is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2014, 03:08 PM   #50
TealMystechRanger
One For All

I half expect, if there is an actual Lord (and not just another, bigger spider), he'd be a servant of Teridax (I'm assuming he exists in some form, due to what appears to be his mask in the leaked image), or just Teridax himself, but without a proper title/name, and the Matoran (or whatever) are just calling him what they see him as; a lord of the Skull Spiders.
Would be interesting. It's also worth noting that the set list that included 'Lord of the Skull Spiders' also used translated terms for Toa, and it was noted that 'Defender' was a translation used for the original Turaga too (though I'm not sure if they ARE Turaga, as they all seem to have the same mask), so perhaps 'Lord' also becomes a more BIONICLE-like name and 'Skull Spiders' works into something else too.

MerCurry wrote: View Post

That was mostly Tinseltown, actually. The only thing Ghost did for HF was the Beasts from Below special.

http://biosector01.com/wiki/index.ph...and_Animations

Ghost did the commercials, I think.
Ah, I can't really remember the studios. Hell, I only know a few anime studios despite the growing number of series I've watched, haha. In any case, it'd be quite cool to get a yearly BIONICLE series, even if only 12/13 episodes a season (I know Hero Factory had just a few episodes all in all).

Also, love that trilogy box-set cover. I want a great big BIONICLE image with Tahu Mata, Tahu Nuva, Takanuva, Vakama Metru, Vakama Hordika, Jaller Inika, Jaller Mahri, Tahu Nuva (with Adaptive Armour), Mata Nui and... I guess Tahu Mata with the Golden Armour. Probably a bit too much red and gold though, let's throw in Matoro for 2006 and 2007 instead. And yeah, perhaps with team/battle scenes in the foreground. If I could draw well enough, I'd attempt it, but the incredible artwork I'm imagining is way beyond my skill.
Old July 31st, 2014, 04:41 PM   #51
Sir Koji
Knight of Ice

I've been assuming (prior to the leaked image) that the "Defenders" are Turaga, but I'm jumping on the idea they're automatons or something.

I plan on using them as elemental entities that the Toa need to defeat, kind of like Mystic Knights of Tir Na Nog sort of thing.
Old July 31st, 2014, 05:14 PM   #52
TealMystechRanger
One For All

Or what the Element Lords were going to be for 2010. I can't really remember much of Tir Na Nog, anyway.

But yeah, it did seem likely that they'd be Turaga, but it seems a little unlikely now. They share one mask and it's rather... unfriendly. The odd thing is, this is a large number of sets for half a year. If we assume none of these are exclusives, it's 13 - compare to Hero Factory having ten in early 2011 and early 2012 and eight in early 2014 and early 2014. It's a huge jump. It's actually closer to how BIONICLE would do it - like 2008, with the six Phantoka, six Matoran and Toa Ignika. Was it ever addressed why Hero Factory went for a lower number of sets on the whole? I would've imagined it was for cost purposes, but the fact that they're going right up to 13 with BIONICLE makes that suspect... even the idea of it being for the first wave is odd, since Hero Factory's first wave only had 11 mass-release items, one more than most of their later waves. And that was four years ago; things change, as is evidenced by the lowering number of sets per year for Hero Factory.
Old July 31st, 2014, 05:38 PM   #53
Sir Koji
Knight of Ice

I'm also on the robot assumption because they all use launchers of some sort. You can see a bullet/missile/whatever in the pictures.

Tir Na Nog thing I'm referring to are these guys.

It's been so long I might be wrong on their function though.
Old July 31st, 2014, 05:50 PM   #54
TealMystechRanger
One For All

Oh yeah...

Back to BIONICLE, back to launchers.

I can't say I recognise those monsters at all, but then I recall very little of the show anyway. Still, yeah, it's possible that they're the first opponents of the Toa, but then you have to wonder how Lord of the Skull Spiders fits into it all... New info can't come soon enough.
Old July 31st, 2014, 07:44 PM   #55
Sir Koji
Knight of Ice

It still really annoys me that BZPower never got the old servers running again, even though their members want them to. I had a...roughly 140 chapter Bara Magna storyline on there and would love to at least have the first 75 chapters (year 1/2009) on hand again to read over. Primarily because it's been so long since I've written Bionicle, and that was pretty much my magnum opus for BZP.
Old August 1st, 2014, 05:22 AM   #56
TealMystechRanger
One For All

Did you write them in the reply box, then? Or did you write them on Word or whatever and just lost the files since? I always write in Word and save, so I have most of the stuff I've written. It sucks that you've lost a huge chunk of your story. Would be great if there were a way to access it yourself.
Old August 1st, 2014, 07:33 AM   #57
Sir Koji
Knight of Ice

I deleted them as I went. This was years ago.

And the internet archive doesn't have the stuff I wrote, so that's not an option.

I primarily want it because it's been so long since I've written anything Bionicle (aside from a one-shot Bara Magna story where the Glatorian are actually slaves fighting for the amusement of the Agori).
Old August 1st, 2014, 07:43 AM   #58
TealMystechRanger
One For All

I can't even delete stuff I don't want to see/read. They're just tucked away in unused folders on my computer.

So do you want it for reference, or just to look back over it now that BIONICLE's back in your life, so to speak?

I was just looking through some old photos (it's my 21st birthday tomorrow, and I'm working on a big picture thing). A few of them had some BIONICLE sets, including a couple of cool ones with the Toa Mata, minus Pohatu, stood on my parent's bedroom windowsill and back-lit by the outside. Not sure why Pohatu wasn't there, I definitely got Lewa and Kopaka last... and I'm sure I'd seen a photo with all six before, but the only ones that included them also had other sets. Still, it was cool to see - having it back, as it was at the start, is going to be such a great feeling.
Old August 1st, 2014, 10:38 AM   #59
Sir Koji
Knight of Ice

I was going to read over things to get back into the mindset I used to have when writing Bionicle. I've been writing so much Power Ranger/Power Rider stuff recently my mindset is completely different.

Guess I'll go re-read the novels and try to use those.
Old August 1st, 2014, 02:04 PM   #60
TealMystechRanger
One For All

Fair enough. Which of the novels do you have?

Also, this is fascinating. More info here, too. The evidence is piling up!