RangerBoard

Go Back   RangerBoard > Forums > Merchandise
Register Rules/FAQ VIP Membership Calendar Search Mark Forums Read

Old July 28th, 2014, 11:43 AM   #21
TealMystechRanger
One For All

Guardian Legend wrote: View Post

Just that if you are getting back into it like us
Hey, I still remember it relatively well. Then again, I've got a freakish memory for things I like. I can't name you every Kanohi or whatever, but I remember huge swathes of the story elements.

And the MOCs sound neat, are they based on the Inika build or a little more original?

Blue-Tricera wrote: View Post

=O bearly seeing this thread, HUGE Bionicle fan! I felt like crying just looking at that new picture right now lol

BZP is still running? Hope I can get into my old account.

So how long has this been a rumor?
Yup, it's gonna be good! BZP's still up, it's just a more general LEGO site now.

As for this, I only found out about the initial leak (a black and white image of a slightly different display stand) a couple of weeks ago, but I think it cropped up a month ago. That new coloured picture appeared on Saturday. Other evidence in its favour include someone asking Greg Farshtey about the possibility of BIONICLE returning at some point, with Greg's response specifically mentioning 2015 lines; and LEGO apparently taking down their thread on their own forum about BIONICLE not coming back. The leaks - or at least the black and white one - also come from a reliable source for these types of images. LEGO haven't said anything official yet, but it's all but confirmed at this stage.

The original image, for reference:

TealMystechRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2014, 11:52 AM   #22
Guardian Legend
Power Ranger

Inika, but I incorporated their original armor and weapons, masks everything. I'm not saying they are perfect, but these were the only MOCs that I really put a lot of time and effort into, and am truly happy with. I guess Brickshelf is a good place to upload pics?

I also cleaned up my room and put a lot of my extra stuff and parts in the attic. I kept a bunch of my favorites down, such as the Toa Nuva, Mahri, turaga and a few others, like Brutaka and the Glatorian, but dang, I'm going to have to go up there and find my stuff if I ever need to replace a part etc.
Guardian Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2014, 12:18 PM   #23
Sir Koji
Knight of Ice

So, some of my builds from recently:

I was experimenting with a new torso design (not using like the Inika body), and wanted to do a shoulder paldron thing like an Energy Rider: Front, Back

I also did a Mata rebuild:

Team
Gali
Kopaka
Pohatu
Lewa
Tahu
Onua

I upgraded their base bodies to Nuva as well:

Team
Takanuva
Pohatu
Onua
Lewa
Tahu
Gali
Kopaka

And of course, Phantoka/Mistika:

Again, this is just using the Nuva base with flight parts and the new weapons/masks.

Lewa
Kopaka
Pohatu
Onua
Tahu
Gali (hooks were meant to be like a grappling thing)

I'm also working on a new body system for a titan build, primarily a new joint system for knees/elbows.

Sir Koji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2014, 12:26 PM   #24
TealMystechRanger
One For All

Guardian Legend - Inika works. I didn't mean 'more original' as if Inika build is a poor choice. If Brickshelf is anything like it used to be, you'll have to wait a little for the images to be cleared, but it should work fine.

Sir Koji - neat! I like the Mata rebuild especially. A few of the Adaptive Armour ones seem a little off, though, mainly in terms of colour combinations. I suppose in the case of Pohatu, at the least, it can't be helped. The paldron-wearing hero is very cool, a clever torso build and the head shows off how cool the Noble Akaku is.
Old July 28th, 2014, 03:09 PM   #25
Sir Koji
Knight of Ice

Thanks. I stuck with the Mata colors as close as possible for the Mata/Nuva, but the Adaptive Armor is obviously different for a few of them, so I had to figure out the color shades there. I hate my AA builds, but I figured I'd might as well.
Old July 28th, 2014, 03:20 PM   #26
RedLegacyRanger
Red Legacy Ranger

We should all do a hero factory team c:
RedLegacyRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2014, 03:49 PM   #27
TealMystechRanger
One For All

What d'you mean by 'do' a Hero Factory team? Build our own sets, come up with characters? I hope you're not expecting us to be robosexuals.

Sir Koji wrote: View Post

Thanks. I stuck with the Mata colors as close as possible for the Mata/Nuva, but the Adaptive Armor is obviously different for a few of them, so I had to figure out the color shades there. I hate my AA builds, but I figured I'd might as well.
They're mostly pretty good build-wise, except for Gali. She has a very long body. Still, that's the beauty of MOCs - you can rework them as much as you want.
Old July 28th, 2014, 06:59 PM   #28
Guardian Legend
Power Ranger

Okay, cleaned some of my sets that I still had down in my room, essentially the Toa Nuva and Turage MOCs, my Toa Mahri and Gresh. The other Glatorian have to wait until tomorrow. Also, tomorrow, I have to go find my box of spare pieces. I was looking at Kopaka and I think I can make a slight tweak in his design. Man, Lego really pulls you back in, but ah well. I'm having fun.
Old July 29th, 2014, 10:28 AM   #29
TealMystechRanger
One For All

Thought to do this as a Slizer/Throwbots discussion came up in the LEGO thread...

An Evolution of Ice! Starring the Slizer/Throwbots build, the Mata build, the Metru build, the Inika build, and the Hero Factory build!

Went with ice as Ice Slizer is my only whole Slizer. Had to fetch Nuju from the garage, too (got my 2004-2005 canisters out there in a box... my room barely has room for what's in it already, let alone everything I own XD). And yeah, Ice Slizer is missing his visor... don't know where it is, but he's pretty much complete otherwise.
Old July 29th, 2014, 11:26 AM   #30
Sir Koji
Knight of Ice

Man, I still regret not buying Gelu (well, most of the Bara Magna line...), I love those ice parts.

Fortunately my friend is giving me his Gelu swords and they'll be here soon.
Old July 29th, 2014, 11:53 AM   #31
TealMystechRanger
One For All

They are pretty awesome. They're the best thing about Gelu - his basic use of the Inika build, probably coupled with his lack of fictional appearances, make him quite an average set. But the ice details are definitely the feather in his cap, and they make him look great. Plus what personality we got from him was fun. Nice score on getting the blades either way!

I mainly decided to use Gelu because I have all of the Glatorian and Agori out at the moment, I didn't want to double up on Kopaka, Matoro Mahri and Strakk both alter the Inika base design (plus I didn't want to change Matoro's pose) and I couldn't be bothered to get Matoro Inika out.

If you want a few photos of the 2009 sets, I'll be happy to oblige. I have all 12 canister sets, the six Agori, Tuma, Fero and Skirmix and the titan Toa Mata Nui.
Old July 29th, 2014, 12:07 PM   #32
megazordman1
Power Ranger

Just made a new matoren body type last night here are four matoren I used it on for my fanfic on bzpower

Ry the Po-Matoren

Return of the Toa mocs by The MegazordMan, on Flickr

Asa The Ga-Matoren

Tor The Ta-Matoren ( his name is only slightly based off of tor the shuttle zord )

Idure the soon to be makuta and Ko-Matoren

If you are interesting in the story that these characters take place in here is the link .

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/1...rn-of-the-toa/
megazordman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2014, 12:48 PM   #33
TealMystechRanger
One For All

That's a neat little design, and I like the variety with Rahkshi heads and Metru torso armour pieces. But how can a Matoran become a Makuta?
Old July 29th, 2014, 01:04 PM   #34
megazordman1
Power Ranger

AcceLOWorst wrote: View Post

That's a neat little design, and I like the variety with Rahkshi heads and Metru torso armour pieces. But how can a Matoran become a Makuta?

Thank you I designed it to be very interchangeable with as many parts as you would like . But to answer your question on how he becomes a makuta you would have to read the story it is explained there.
Old July 29th, 2014, 01:16 PM   #35
TealMystechRanger
One For All

Well I'll have to give it a read some time. Almost requested a link but I just saw it in your post. XD
Old July 29th, 2014, 01:41 PM   #36
megazordman1
Power Ranger

AcceLOWorst wrote: View Post

Well I'll have to give it a read some time. Almost requested a link but I just saw it in your post. XD
Alright then check back every now and then because for right now I am trying to continue the story daily but it may be every few days . so just keep a eye out and it should get a update .
Old July 29th, 2014, 02:01 PM   #37
TealMystechRanger
One For All

Shall do!

I remember I wrote a murder mystery story with the Barraki and an OC Matoran in early 2007, and posted it on BZP... it was an odd idea, I suppose quite interesting in a way if not really suited to BIONICLE, but probably poorly written. I dread to look back on it now, haha.
Old July 29th, 2014, 02:07 PM   #38
Guardian Legend
Power Ranger

I looked at my profile info and banner on BZPower when I first got back into my account and dang, I was weird at 14. >.<
Old July 29th, 2014, 02:35 PM   #39
TealMystechRanger
One For All

Come on, you can't just leave it like that. Tell us.
Old July 29th, 2014, 07:08 PM   #40
Sir Koji
Knight of Ice

I just built some really fast thrown together Inika-style 2015 Toa, a spider, and the Master of Skull Spiders (the latter two being better builds). When I start writing a 2015 reboot story, I can put those on BZP so they can't slam me for using leaked images.