RangerBoard

Go Back   RangerBoard > Forums > Merchandise
Register Rules/FAQ VIP Membership Calendar Search Mark Forums Read

Old August 6th, 2017, 07:48 PM   #201
graysonsyd
Drinking Coffee

eBay
Did something else happen within the last few hours? He's now updated the Facebook page with a new post and has changed the page up to say permanently closed. It looks like everything (posts, photos, etc) on his page has been deleted as well.

I would also like to point out that we should be mindful of public shaming. I think the word is already out in most groups warning potential customers away from Legacy Concepts, whether he's still taking offers or not. We need to remember that he's just one guy that bit off way more than he could chew and let things get out of control. Despite our frustrations, dragging his name through the mud will not yield a result. It doesn't need to get personal or hurtful.

The cleaner the resolution for all of us still waiting for helmets, the better.

EDIT: Ah okay. Just saw the previous posts pop up answering my first question! Move along!
graysonsyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2017, 07:50 PM   #202
Kaigan
Banned

graysonsyd wrote: View Post

Did something else happen within the last few hours? He's now updated the Facebook page with a new post and has changed the page up to say permanently closed. It looks like everything (posts, photos, etc) on his page has been deleted as well.

I would also like to point out that we should be mindful of public shaming. I think the word is already out in most groups warning potential customers away from Legacy Concepts, whether he's still taking offers or not. We need to remember that he's just one guy that bit off way more than he could chew and let things get out of control. Despite our frustrations, dragging his name through the mud will not yield a result. It doesn't need to get personal or hurtful.

The cleaner the resolution for all of us still waiting for helmets, the better.
This has nothing to do with biting off more than he can chew. I messaged him today and he was taking more orders on top of the ones he said he still needed to finish. He is scamming people, there is no doubt about that in my mind. He is doing this on purpose.
Kaigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2017, 08:00 PM   #203
graysonsyd
Drinking Coffee

eBay
Ankh Prime wrote: View Post

This has nothing to do with biting off more than he can chew. I messaged him today and he was taking more orders on top of the ones he said he still needed to finish. He is scamming people, there is no doubt about that in my mind. He is doing this on purpose.
I think it's where it started though. None of us really know his real situation so we can't legitimately comment on his motivations, but if it has to do with any form of financial constraints, I wouldn't be surprised if the temptation to continue taking orders was there in an attempt to dig himself out of the hole he's currently in.

Do you think he was still taking orders with zero intentions of fulfilling them? That's the part that I'm struggling to understand.
Old August 6th, 2017, 08:03 PM   #204
Kaigan
Banned

I think it's where it started though. None of us really know his real situation so we can't legitimately comment on his motivations, but if it has to do with any form of financial constraints, I wouldn't be surprised if the temptation to continue taking orders was there in an attempt to dig himself out of the hole he's currently in.

Do you think he was still taking orders with zero intentions of fulfilling them? That's the part that I'm struggling to understand.
Then he needs to start looking for other sources of income. If he's having personal difficulties that sucks, but if the entire reason he had to stop services was to fulfill orders, which he still hasn't filled, then there is no reason he should have started taking orders again. Now to be fair he did tell me it would take a while because he was backed up and maybe I should just go to someone else, but that's still two people today that he took inquiries from. His first response should have been "I'm backed up and cannot currently take anymore orders."

I'm messaging him right now to apologize for being so straightforward and rude, but that doesn't excuse what he's doing. Well, I attempted to apologize. Except he blocked me, as he has been known to do to people who call him out.
Old August 6th, 2017, 08:57 PM   #205
GoldLightning
Break the Limit,Go-onGold

Ankh Prime wrote: View Post

Then he needs to start looking for other sources of income. If he's having personal difficulties that sucks, but if the entire reason he had to stop services was to fulfill orders, which he still hasn't filled, then there is no reason he should have started taking orders again. Now to be fair he did tell me it would take a while because he was backed up and maybe I should just go to someone else, but that's still two people today that he took inquiries from. His first response should have been "I'm backed up and cannot currently take anymore orders."

I'm messaging him right now to apologize for being so straightforward and rude, but that doesn't excuse what he's doing. Well, I attempted to apologize. Except he blocked me, as he has been known to do to people who call him out.

He blocked me as well. I was the other guy messaging him on facebook earlier. I have had 3 friends order from him. 1 a couple of years ago, got his helmet no problem and spoke very highly of him.
One who ordered a helmet well over a year ago and has not yet received it.
And one who ordered the exact same helmet as the friend above, after that friend mind you, and got it in a timely manner.
He's been saying to my friend for months that he'll ship their helmet next week, or next month. Or he'll post a list of all the orders he's backed up on, etc etc.
Told him that no matter what kind of crap he's had going on, which I don't know what it is and I don’t care to know, it's no excuse to keep lying about shipping dates, or to keep taking orders when he's already so backed up. Told him he doesn't want to end up like Sushiya or Roush and be labeled as a scammer, but that he's well on his way to that.
GoldLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2017, 09:04 PM   #206
Kaigan
Banned

He thought we were all conspiring against him.

The comments on my conversation with him were amazing.
Old August 6th, 2017, 09:16 PM   #207
GoldLightning
Break the Limit,Go-onGold

Told me I have no idea how much he works his ass off for this stuff.
If that were true then he wouldn't have so many backed up orders, and still keep taking more on.

I missed the post with your conversation with him, and to my knowledge he didn’t post our conversation.
GoldLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2017, 09:17 PM   #208
Kaigan
Banned

GoldLightning wrote: View Post

Told me I have no idea how much he works his ass off for this stuff.
If that were true then he wouldn't have so many backed up orders, and still keep taking more on.

I missed the post with your conversation with him, and to my knowledge he didn’t post our conversation.
I'll PM it to you in a minute.
Old August 6th, 2017, 09:33 PM   #209
Joseph09
Power Ranger

I love the people saying it'll be top quality and worth the wait. I never once rushed him and I was patient and understanding every time a delay happened. I never once lost my temper with him. And I was promised my helmet would be flawless. I even told him I'm fine with waiting as long as my helmet was perfect and was told more than once it would be. And it wasn't. That's what upsets me about my whole ordeal with this. Not the waiting, but the being told my helmet would be perfect and instead I got a mess.
Joseph09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2017, 02:08 AM   #210
EvilGreenRanger-F5
Also known as PRMAYHEM

Let's see how long it will remain "closed" this time.
EvilGreenRanger-F5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2017, 07:49 AM   #211
manson26
Flung Out of Space

At this point I'm struggling to understand that as well.

Just about a month later and this "I'll post a list of orders to so people can see where they are" is no where to be seen. I honestly thought I was going to have mine by now. I'm feeling I should give up and call that money a loss.
manson26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2017, 03:49 PM   #212
graysonsyd
Drinking Coffee

eBay
It's now been another month. Has anybody heard anything?
Old September 26th, 2017, 06:37 PM   #213
manson26
Flung Out of Space

It's now been another month. Has anybody heard anything?
LOL, no.

But last week I did meet someone on a PR Facebook group that was told his helmet was shipping last week, in time for a cosplay at NYCC, and nothing showed up. Then his post was deleted, by an admin I'm guessing. Hard to believe these things keep disappearing.
Old September 26th, 2017, 07:58 PM   #214
Bob Rosland
Bob Rosland Industries

32 eBay
manson26 wrote: View Post

LOL, no.

But last week I did meet someone on a PR Facebook group that was told his helmet was shipping last week, in time for a cosplay at NYCC, and nothing showed up. Then his post was deleted, by an admin I'm guessing. Hard to believe these things keep disappearing.
For whatever reason, a lot of groups don't like when you call people out on the crap they pull. They say they want to avoid the whole witch hunt thing, but when a ton of people are screwed out of a ton of money, it absolutely should turn into a witch hunt. It keeps getting swept under the rug because no one wants to be the "bad guy" and call out a beloved member of the community for their shady crap. Point fingers and name names when it keeps other members of the community from getting screwed over.
Bob Rosland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2017, 11:32 PM   #215
manson26
Flung Out of Space

Bob Rosland wrote: View Post

For whatever reason, a lot of groups don't like when you call people out on the crap they pull. They say they want to avoid the whole witch hunt thing, but when a ton of people are screwed out of a ton of money, it absolutely should turn into a witch hunt. It keeps getting swept under the rug because no one wants to be the "bad guy" and call out a beloved member of the community for their shady crap. Point fingers and name names when it keeps other members of the community from getting screwed over.
Completely agree. I can understand wanting to keep that to a minimum, but this is obviously a very big problem. I've not seen a helmet scam this big since Roush.
Old November 20th, 2017, 12:52 AM   #216
graysonsyd
Drinking Coffee

eBay
Approaching another two months. Still... nothing. I think there's some activity happening over on the Instagram, but it's private now and locked me out.
Old November 20th, 2017, 09:26 AM   #217
manson26
Flung Out of Space

Approaching another two months. Still... nothing. I think there's some activity happening over on the Instagram, but it's private now and locked me out.
Interesting, I just went to Instagram myself and saw comments are disabled. I was told for sure to be getting my order back in June after the move to a new workshop... nothing.
Old Yesterday, 01:42 PM   #218
graysonsyd
Drinking Coffee

eBay
Have you followed up since? I'm all for giving him space to do his thing and get it sorted, but this is ridiculous now. At this point, I feel more inclined to want a refund then the actual helmet.
Old Yesterday, 01:56 PM   #219
manson26
Flung Out of Space

Have you followed up since? I'm all for giving him space to do his thing and get it sorted, but this is ridiculous now. At this point, I feel more inclined to want a refund then the actual helmet.
I haven't actually. When people were messaging him to test if he was still taking orders, I'm certain he thought I was behind it. Because one of the people that did it is a mutual friend of mine on Facebook. And now I'm just scared to message him because of it. I'm stuck and don't know what to do.