Home Menu

Menu

Old March 23rd, 2019, 01:13 PM #1461
> FerrousMaelstrom
Power Ranger

FerrousMaelstrom
Power Ranger

From a completionist angle, you want a full team but from a 'I don't have that much money' angle, may limit it to just favourite Rangers.
FerrousMaelstrom is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:28 AM #1462
> OutlawRockman
Power Ranger

OutlawRockman
Power Ranger

LazerwolfX wrote: View Post

I’m definitely an odd-man out in this group, but I exclusively intend to build a small cluster of individual Rangers from various teams. it’s extremely likely that I will never have any complete teams. I care far more about individual characters than entire teams.
You’re not alone, I’m not a big fan of full teams either. I might actually focus on the villains more since this is the first time we’d be getting such detail on them. I think Bones or King Sphinx would look amazing in Lightning Collection based on what I’ve seen in Marvel Legends. You know, if we ever make it that far enough into the toy line to start doing monsters of the week.
OutlawRockman is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old Yesterday, 06:02 AM #1463
> Utomowatch
Power Ranger

Utomowatch
Power Ranger

I just love the spine art, so i gonna take my sweat and blood to collect em all, after all my wishlist is nearing the end, if BOJ released Super Minipla dairangers and OOO Figuarts renewal all form were released. So i think i knew my limits.

Last edited by Utomowatch; Yesterday at 06:22 AM.
Utomowatch is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old Today, 08:34 AM #1464
> Pixelboy
Paleo Fan

Pixelboy
Paleo Fan

Man, completionists have no-one to blame but themselves for their empty wallets and cluttered-looking displays. I mean, theoretically, some people do have the cash to burn and the space to populate, but I am decidedly not among them.

Putting together a wishlist of ideal characters, I end up with only one or two representatives of the same show–my favorite characters and/or favorite costume designs.
Pixelboy is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old Today, 08:45 AM #1465
> mmprfan09
One In A Million

mmprfan09
One In A Million

Pixelboy wrote: View Post

Man, completionists have no-one to blame but themselves for their empty wallets and cluttered-looking displays. I mean, theoretically, some people do have the cash to burn and the space to populate, but I am decidedly not among them.

Putting together a wishlist of ideal characters, I end up with only one or two representatives of the same show–my favorite characters and/or favorite costume designs.
If you buy a six ranger team at retail, you’re spending about $120 before tax.

There’s far more expensive hobbies than that.
mmprfan09 is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old Today, 08:59 AM #1466
> LazerwolfX
Fight of Hammer

LazerwolfX
Fight of Hammer

FerrousMaelstrom wrote: View Post

From a completionist angle, you want a full team but from a 'I don't have that much money' angle, may limit it to just favourite Rangers.
This ain’t even an issue of money, I simply don’t desire any one entire team.

OutlawRockman wrote: View Post

You’re not alone, I’m not a big fan of full teams either. I might actually focus on the villains more since this is the first time we’d be getting such detail on them. I think Bones or King Sphinx would look amazing in Lightning Collection based on what I’ve seen in Marvel Legends. You know, if we ever make it that far enough into the toy line to start doing monsters of the week.
Ooh! Getting some iconic monsters would be great! I’m biased (since it was one of only 2 PR VHS I owned growing up), but I would absolutely grab a Pudgy Pig, if one got produced.

Pixelboy wrote: View Post

Exactly this, since nearly every character has 2 adaptations, whatever figures I do get will be viewed (by me, at least) as a blend of rangers PR and SS and even then, I’m only gonna get the rangers that I absolutely adore from either incarnation.
LazerwolfX is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old Today, 09:13 AM #1467
> ⚡Taichi
Hero or Zero....

32 eBay
Taichi
Hero or Zero....

32 eBay

That's what I had to do with Transformers... both Siege and Studio Series. I just started having to pick wisely which ones to get because even though there's a slew of really great figures, I can't possibly have them all... room and money wise.

I'm probably going to focus on Red's and 6th... plus whatever "special" Ranger there is that I like. Like Dino Charge... Red, Gold and Silver... I don't really need anyone else. Villains I'm not super worried about, but I still want them made. Ecliptor is a definite buy.
Taichi is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old Today, 09:40 AM #1468
> cleanuphtr15
Power Ranger

cleanuphtr15
Power Ranger

mmprfan09 wrote: View Post

If you buy a six ranger team at retail, you’re spending about $120 before tax.

There’s far more expensive hobbies than that.
For me, this issue arises when I start buying multiple teams.

MMPR is always a must.
Zeo? Loved that season too. What's another $120?
Loved Space. Done.
Movie? Why the hell not?
Dino thunder was cool so I guess I'll get them too

Suddenly I find that I've spent half a thousand dollars for a bunch of mediocre figures that I don't even have room for on my shelves.

And trust me, I know that this is a me problem but frankly I'm kind of happy that they're doing it in the anthology style. This gives me the ability to sort of assess what is released in each line, figure out what I have shelf space for and determine what I really want to buy. From the first two waves I know I'm getting White, Pink, MD, Zedd, Goldar. BM Red/Gold are a maybe at this point. I know I'll end up completing MMPR, but beyond that I'm going to pick and choose and I think in the end it will be a bit more friendly on my wallet.
cleanuphtr15 is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old Today, 09:49 AM #1469
> Pixelboy
Paleo Fan

Pixelboy
Paleo Fan

Yeah, that $120 per team adds up if you really liked multiple shows. If I had the cash, and the space, would I want full teams? Maybe, but even then I don't know. In concept it makes sense, but on display, even if you have the room to space 'em out nicely, I feel like the potential is there for just having ... a bunch of colours in humanoid shapes, if that makes sense. For me, I like the idea of my collection having some kind of visual appeal even to folks who don't watch any PR or toku stuff, and a diverse assortment of suit designs and colours lends itself to that pretty well in my opinion.

Also–yes, Ecliptor, please.
Pixelboy is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old Today, 09:51 AM #1470
> Zeo Cereal
Reality Gangster

Zeo Cereal
Reality Gangster

cleanuphtr15 wrote: View Post

Suddenly I find that I've spent half a thousand dollars for a bunch of mediocre figures that I don't even have room for on my shelves.
This made me laugh harder than it should've.

This gives me the ability to sort of assess what is released in each line, figure out what I have shelf space for and determine what I really want to buy. From the first two waves I know I'm getting White, Pink, MD, Zedd, Goldar.
This kind of distribution also helps with impulse purchases. Picking up Dino Charge Red isn't opening the door to more DC, it's effectively a one-off. So I shall tell myself

While some people are driven to get all six Rangers, I have a feeling others will justify 'just one more'.

BM Red/Gold are a maybe at this point.
Maybe you'll buy them once? Or maybe you'll buy them twice with more paint?
Zeo Cereal is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old Today, 10:02 AM #1471
> cleanuphtr15
Power Ranger

cleanuphtr15
Power Ranger

Zeo Cereal wrote: View Post

Maybe you'll buy them once? Or maybe you'll buy them twice with more paint?
Maybe once. I'm enjoying BM so far so I'm leaning towards yes (on Red at least) but I'm not 100% sold yet.

This made me laugh harder than it should've.
I'm sort of 50/50 on laughing at myself and just having a general level of frustration with my spending habits
cleanuphtr15 is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote