Home Menu

Menu



Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 27th, 2019, 10:43 AM #2341
> ⚡Morgan Lamia
---[DekaModerator]---
 
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 11,477
Morgan Lamia
---[DekaModerator]---
 
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 11,477



Here's the official press release from Hasbro in full!
You can click the image below to view it in high resolution.

POWER RANGERS LIGHTNING COLLECTION
6Ē MIGHTY MORPHIN DRAGON SHIELD BLACK RANGER FIGURE

(Ages 4 years & up/Approx. Retail Price: $19.99/Available: Fall 2019)



Itís Morphin Time! Introducing a new era of POWER RANGERS collectibles with Hasbroís all-new POWER RANGERS LIGHTNING COLLECTION 6Ē Figures! The LIGHTNING COLLECTION features over two decades of iconic characters from this storied franchise, and Hasbro is excited to bring its own take to this premium line. The LIGHTNING COLLECTIONís highly-articulated, 6-inch figures will have best-in-class detailing and design, and will feature Photo Real technology for realistic actor likenesses.

In the MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS series, the Green Ranger loans the power of the Dragon Shield to the Black Ranger to help defeat one of Ritaís monsters.
The MIGHTY MORPHIN DRAGON SHIELD BLACK RANGER Figure has over 20 points of articulation and includes two different heads that can be swapped - one of the Ranger in his helmet, and another without as Zack Taylor from the original MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS series.
The figure also comes a dragon dagger, power axe, power blaster, and an extra pair of hands for more ways to play or display. Look for other collectible figures in this series.
Each sold separately. Available exclusively at Walgreens.

Last edited by Morgan Lamia; June 27th, 2019 at 11:38 AM.
Morgan Lamia is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2019, 10:56 AM #2342
aquawaldo's Avatar
> aquawaldo
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 385
aquawaldo
Power Ranger
aquawaldo's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 385



This surprising looks better than the red ranger. Maybe black is just slimming and hides flaws...but even the belt morpher looks better. Itís still not as good as the legacy belt morpher, but seems to have more dimension then what the SDCC images showed.

I wonder if the bottom part of the ax slides up and down or if we just have to wait for the regular figure to get an ax in standard form with the bottom piece attached to the top.
aquawaldo is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2019, 10:59 AM #2343
Kylash327's Avatar
> Kylash327
PlasticGeek
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 4,044
128
Kylash327
PlasticGeek
Kylash327's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 4,044
128



Looks great
Kylash327 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2019, 11:02 AM #2344
DesignIncase's Avatar
> DesignIncase
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Jun 2018
Posts: 338
DesignIncase
Power Ranger
DesignIncase's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2018
Posts: 338



I'm not too surprised by this. It's a way to get Legacy buyers to feel better about buying this before getting the later LC figure.
It's also revealing the grand plan. Certain stores get exclusives alongside the main wave.
Also they could market the non shield as Adam.

Now will that Power Cannon be able to combine? I can't tell of the pump slides to allow the bow to connect.

Helmet wise it looks better than. I felt Legacy Black and Blue both had great head molds. Not really surprised by the MMPR stuff because they can reuse the bodies.
DesignIncase is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2019, 11:04 AM #2345
> AkaBunnyUnicorn
Crazy Alien Bunny Thing
 
Joined: Jun 2018
Posts: 1,645
AkaBunnyUnicorn
Crazy Alien Bunny Thing
 
Joined: Jun 2018
Posts: 1,645



I hope I'll be able to even find it. The local Walgreens (as in all of them I can get to on any semi-regular basis, not just the one in town) rarely ever get the exclusives.
AkaBunnyUnicorn is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2019, 11:13 AM #2346
Ranger_Man_9009's Avatar
> Ranger_Man_9009
BBT Maniac
 
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 775
Ranger_Man_9009
BBT Maniac
Ranger_Man_9009's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 775



DesignIncase wrote: View Post

Helmet wise it looks better than.
Helmet wise, it looks better that what?
Ranger_Man_9009 is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2019, 11:37 AM #2347
mmprfan09's Avatar
> mmprfan09
One In A Million
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,478
mmprfan09
One In A Million
mmprfan09's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,478



Ok, Since they put out armored red and black I REALLY hope now Rocky and Adam will get their own mmpr release with the non shield versions.
mmprfan09 is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2019, 11:41 AM #2348
Activator's Avatar
> Activator
Power Ranger
 
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 1,531
Activator
Power Ranger
Activator's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 1,531



DesignIncase wrote: View Post

I'm not too surprised by this. It's a way to get Legacy buyers to feel better about buying this before getting the later LC figure.
It's also revealing the grand plan. Certain stores get exclusives alongside the main wave.
Also they could market the non shield as Adam.

Now will that Power Cannon be able to combine? I can't tell of the pump slides to allow the bow to connect.

Helmet wise it looks better than. I felt Legacy Black and Blue both had great head molds. Not really surprised by the MMPR stuff because they can reuse the bodies.
I doubt the cannon will be able to combine.

I still don't like how the shield fits on this body with the straps, but...it looks better than red (mostly due to color and helmet sculpt)
Activator is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2019, 11:50 AM #2349
> ⚡Morgan Lamia
---[DekaModerator]---
 
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 11,477
Morgan Lamia
---[DekaModerator]---
 
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 11,477



DesignIncase wrote: View Post

Now will that Power Cannon be able to combine? I can't tell of the pump slides to allow the bow to connect.
Activator wrote: View Post

I doubt the cannon will be able to combine.
I've uploaded a high resolution version of the image in my last post at the top of this page, provided to us by Hasbro.
The Power Axe appears to be molded as one solid piece - sliding pump locked at the front. Comparing it with the high-res photos of the Axe included with the Jason 2-pack, it appears to be identical - also with the pump at the front.

Last edited by Morgan Lamia; June 27th, 2019 at 11:57 AM.
Morgan Lamia is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2019, 11:55 AM #2350
Zeo Cereal's Avatar
> Zeo Cereal
Retired Gangster
 
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 7,944
Zeo Cereal
Retired Gangster
Zeo Cereal's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 7,944



Thanks for the better image. I'm even more confused by his thumb now.
Zeo Cereal is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
  Likes: (1)
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old June 27th, 2019, 12:22 PM #2351
Nendoramachine's Avatar
> Nendoramachine
Now on Facebook!
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 673
Nendoramachine
Now on Facebook!
Nendoramachine's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 673



Hyped for this figure! Was even more hyped when I read "Comes with two different heads" which I initially took to mean Zack AND Adam!

...then I read further: "Helmeted head and one without"

Well, still hyped anyway! Wonder which Zack head we'll get! Regular? Dreads? Be cool if we got the one with dreads!

Looks like it's another shot taken at Bandai, whom had molds to do this fig but was too cheap to churn it out!
Nendoramachine is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2019, 12:26 PM #2352
mmprfan09's Avatar
> mmprfan09
One In A Million
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,478
mmprfan09
One In A Million
mmprfan09's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,478



Nendoramachine wrote: View Post

Hyped for this figure! Was even more hyped when I read "Comes with two different heads" which I initially took to mean Zack AND Adam!

...then I read further: "Helmeted head and one without"

Well, still hyped anyway! Wonder which Zack head we'll get! Regular? Dreads? Be cool if we got the one with dreads!

Looks like it's another shot taken at Bandai, whom had molds to do this fig but was too cheap to churn it out!
Zack had braids, not dreads.
mmprfan09 is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2019, 12:28 PM #2353
MegaZeo's Avatar
> MegaZeo
Shattered Plot
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 7,131
MegaZeo
Shattered Plot
MegaZeo's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 7,131



Can we get a two pack of Armored Zack and Oysterizer?
MegaZeo is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2019, 12:43 PM #2354
FE21's Avatar
> FE21
PR Geek
 
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 937
FE21
PR Geek
FE21's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 937



I think they're still overdoing the MMPR:
- MMPR White
- Zedd
- Goldar (Gamestop exclusive)
- MMPR Red Armour (SDCC exclusive)
- MMPR Black Armour (Walgreens exclusive)

versus:
- SPD Shadow
- DC Red
- Zeo Gold (SDCC exclusive)

We know wave 2 of Lightning collection will be MMPR Pink, 2 Beast Morphers (current team) and Magna Defender. I don't want them to exhaust MMPR too quickly either. Gives the line greater longevity.
FE21 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2019, 12:53 PM #2355
Zeo Cereal's Avatar
> Zeo Cereal
Retired Gangster
 
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 7,944
Zeo Cereal
Retired Gangster
Zeo Cereal's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 7,944



You're not wrong, but it's fair to stress how Hasbro has trickled MMPR. This is the only time we've gotten news of just MMPR, apart from the reveal, but that came with the promise of a new approach.

Just like Goldar, retailers are more likely to buy an exclusive from the best selling series.

This is the first and only time series fans don't have something, and it's just a press release. We don't know how this will line up with the other figures we've yet to see.
Zeo Cereal is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
  Likes: (1)
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old June 27th, 2019, 01:15 PM #2356
BigMDtheSequel's Avatar
> BigMDtheSequel
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,867
BigMDtheSequel
Power Ranger
BigMDtheSequel's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,867



aquawaldo wrote: View Post

This surprising looks better than the red ranger. Maybe black is just slimming and hides flaws...but even the belt morpher looks better. Itís still not as good as the legacy belt morpher, but seems to have more dimension then what the SDCC images showed.
It looks the same to me.

Nendoramachine wrote: View Post

Well, still hyped anyway! Wonder which Zack head we'll get! Regular? Dreads? Be cool if we got the one with dreads!
The flattop would be the most accurate way to go, since that was his look in the episode where he wore the shield, but it might make more sense (if Bandai wanted to do both looks) to do the braids as the store exclusive head and the flattop as the general release, since that was his more standard look. But that's if they care to do both looks. They might just give both MMPR Black releases the same head. I have doubts they'd do Zack as a store exclusive and then do Adam for the general release.


Nendoramachine wrote: View Post

Looks like it's another shot taken at Bandai, whom had molds to do this fig but was too cheap to churn it out!
I don't think Bandai was too cheap to make Armored Black so much as they ran out of time. I'm sure if they'd continued with the Power Ranger license, they'd have had no problem with getting another use out of those molds.

FE21 wrote: View Post

I think they're still overdoing the MMPR:
- MMPR White
- Zedd
- Goldar (Gamestop exclusive)
- MMPR Red Armour (SDCC exclusive)
- MMPR Black Armour (Walgreens exclusive)

versus:
- SPD Shadow
- DC Red
- Zeo Gold (SDCC exclusive)

We know wave 2 of Lightning collection will be MMPR Pink, 2 Beast Morphers (current team) and Magna Defender. I don't want them to exhaust MMPR too quickly either. Gives the line greater longevity.
At least two of those are variations of Rangers that they'll no doubt be selling the normal versions of later on. MMPR Red and Black aren't off the table for future release just because they're doing the armored versions as con/store exclusives now.
BigMDtheSequel is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2019, 01:39 PM #2357
Zeo Cereal's Avatar
> Zeo Cereal
Retired Gangster
 
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 7,944
Zeo Cereal
Retired Gangster
Zeo Cereal's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 7,944



BigMDtheSequel wrote: View Post

I don't think Bandai was too cheap to make Armored Black so much as they ran out of time. I'm sure if they'd continued with the Power Ranger license, they'd have had no problem with getting another use out of those molds.
This.

It has everything to do with Bandai's long game. It should go without saying, Bandai would have continued to release MMPR figures beyond 2018.

Armored Red Ranger was the last retail figure from Bandai. Was it part of the '25 for 25' campaign? If not, they probably rushed it out to make some safe money. Oyster Stew Zack isn't as safe, they can make more money just selling more Reds than having two SKUs with different sellthrough.
Zeo Cereal is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2019, 01:50 PM #2358
GoldBlade6's Avatar
> GoldBlade6
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 322
GoldBlade6
Power Ranger
GoldBlade6's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 322



What is with these ugly goggle heads? I don't know if just the angles or shots are unflattering or if these heads really look that inaccurate. Either way, I wish I could be more excited, but I'm just not. I'm also tired of seeing tons of things we just got from Bandai relatively recently - and that are basically still rotting on shelves.
GoldBlade6 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
  Likes: (1)
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old June 27th, 2019, 02:01 PM #2359
DesignIncase's Avatar
> DesignIncase
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Jun 2018
Posts: 338
DesignIncase
Power Ranger
DesignIncase's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2018
Posts: 338



Activator wrote: View Post

I doubt the cannon will be able to combine.

I still don't like how the shield fits on this body with the straps, but...it looks better than red (mostly due to color and helmet sculpt)
My mistake. I don't know why I thought the pump could move. So on the blaster for Armored Red, the bow sits in that open area. Now with this new image we can see that there is a joint.

The Pink Rangers bow is likely full of holes for pegs from the Black/Blue/Yellow figures.......why does that sound so wrong?

So I think Hasbro will at least have the LC MMPR weapons actually combine.

The straps seem to be the same. If my assumption is correct though, it's going to depend on the figure. It's not attached to the body which means it can distort like Shadow/white
DesignIncase is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2019, 02:01 PM #2360
bearytrek's Avatar
> bearytrek
Unicron Backer #1
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,550
bearytrek
Unicron Backer #1
bearytrek's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,550



aquawaldo wrote: View Post

This surprising looks better than the red ranger. Maybe black is just slimming and hides flaws...but even the belt morpher looks better. Itís still not as good as the legacy belt morpher, but seems to have more dimension then what the SDCC images showed.
i wonder if the normal non-armored release of MMPR black will have Adam's head...

I'm assuming a normal retail release of Zeo Gold will have Trey's...

not to say Hasbro couldn't/wouldn't eventually release a MMPR black Zack and Zeo Gold Jason eventually but they could generate more interest if people are buying one to customize another at least initially, then when Trey/Adam supply is depleted they can go back to the well and release the Jason/Zack variants at some future point...
bearytrek is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Post Reply

Tags
super epic legacy legends

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

 

Connect







 

Design

    RangerBoard designs are exclusive to Members.
    Please login to access all available designs.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:29 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® / Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.