Home Menu

Menu

Old June 27th, 2019, 10:43 AM #2341
> ⚡Morgan Lamia
---[DekaModerator]---

Morgan Lamia
---[DekaModerator]---

Here's the official press release from Hasbro in full!
You can click the image below to view it in high resolution.

POWER RANGERS LIGHTNING COLLECTION
6Ē MIGHTY MORPHIN DRAGON SHIELD BLACK RANGER FIGURE

(Ages 4 years & up/Approx. Retail Price: $19.99/Available: Fall 2019)

Itís Morphin Time! Introducing a new era of POWER RANGERS collectibles with Hasbroís all-new POWER RANGERS LIGHTNING COLLECTION 6Ē Figures! The LIGHTNING COLLECTION features over two decades of iconic characters from this storied franchise, and Hasbro is excited to bring its own take to this premium line. The LIGHTNING COLLECTIONís highly-articulated, 6-inch figures will have best-in-class detailing and design, and will feature Photo Real technology for realistic actor likenesses.

In the MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS series, the Green Ranger loans the power of the Dragon Shield to the Black Ranger to help defeat one of Ritaís monsters.
The MIGHTY MORPHIN DRAGON SHIELD BLACK RANGER Figure has over 20 points of articulation and includes two different heads that can be swapped - one of the Ranger in his helmet, and another without as Zack Taylor from the original MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS series.
The figure also comes a dragon dagger, power axe, power blaster, and an extra pair of hands for more ways to play or display. Look for other collectible figures in this series.
Each sold separately. Available exclusively at Walgreens.

Last edited by Morgan Lamia; June 27th, 2019 at 11:38 AM.
Morgan Lamia is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2019, 10:56 AM #2342
> aquawaldo
Power Ranger

aquawaldo
Power Ranger

This surprising looks better than the red ranger. Maybe black is just slimming and hides flaws...but even the belt morpher looks better. Itís still not as good as the legacy belt morpher, but seems to have more dimension then what the SDCC images showed.

I wonder if the bottom part of the ax slides up and down or if we just have to wait for the regular figure to get an ax in standard form with the bottom piece attached to the top.
aquawaldo is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2019, 10:59 AM #2343
> Kylash327
PlasticGeek

Kylash327
PlasticGeek

Looks great
Kylash327 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2019, 11:02 AM #2344
> DesignIncase
Power Ranger

DesignIncase
Power Ranger

I'm not too surprised by this. It's a way to get Legacy buyers to feel better about buying this before getting the later LC figure.
It's also revealing the grand plan. Certain stores get exclusives alongside the main wave.
Also they could market the non shield as Adam.

Now will that Power Cannon be able to combine? I can't tell of the pump slides to allow the bow to connect.

Helmet wise it looks better than. I felt Legacy Black and Blue both had great head molds. Not really surprised by the MMPR stuff because they can reuse the bodies.
DesignIncase is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2019, 11:04 AM #2345
> AkaBunnyUnicorn
Crazy Alien Bunny Thing

AkaBunnyUnicorn
Crazy Alien Bunny Thing

I hope I'll be able to even find it. The local Walgreens (as in all of them I can get to on any semi-regular basis, not just the one in town) rarely ever get the exclusives.
AkaBunnyUnicorn is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2019, 11:13 AM #2346
> Ranger_Man_9009
BBT Maniac

Ranger_Man_9009
BBT Maniac

DesignIncase wrote: View Post

Helmet wise it looks better than.
Helmet wise, it looks better that what?
Ranger_Man_9009 is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2019, 11:37 AM #2347
> mmprfan09
One In A Million

mmprfan09
One In A Million

Ok, Since they put out armored red and black I REALLY hope now Rocky and Adam will get their own mmpr release with the non shield versions.
mmprfan09 is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2019, 11:41 AM #2348
> Activator
Power Ranger

Activator
Power Ranger

I'm not too surprised by this. It's a way to get Legacy buyers to feel better about buying this before getting the later LC figure.
It's also revealing the grand plan. Certain stores get exclusives alongside the main wave.
Also they could market the non shield as Adam.

Now will that Power Cannon be able to combine? I can't tell of the pump slides to allow the bow to connect.

Helmet wise it looks better than. I felt Legacy Black and Blue both had great head molds. Not really surprised by the MMPR stuff because they can reuse the bodies.
I doubt the cannon will be able to combine.

I still don't like how the shield fits on this body with the straps, but...it looks better than red (mostly due to color and helmet sculpt)
Activator is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2019, 11:50 AM #2349
> ⚡Morgan Lamia
---[DekaModerator]---

Morgan Lamia
---[DekaModerator]---

Activator wrote: View Post

I've uploaded a high resolution version of the image in my last post at the top of this page, provided to us by Hasbro.
The Power Axe appears to be molded as one solid piece - sliding pump locked at the front. Comparing it with the high-res photos of the Axe included with the Jason 2-pack, it appears to be identical - also with the pump at the front.

Last edited by Morgan Lamia; June 27th, 2019 at 11:57 AM.
Morgan Lamia is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2019, 11:55 AM #2350
> Zeo Cereal
Retired Gangster

Zeo Cereal
Retired Gangster

Thanks for the better image. I'm even more confused by his thumb now.
Zeo Cereal is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old June 27th, 2019, 12:22 PM #2351
> Nendoramachine
Now on Facebook!

Nendoramachine
Now on Facebook!

Hyped for this figure! Was even more hyped when I read "Comes with two different heads" which I initially took to mean Zack AND Adam!

...then I read further: "Helmeted head and one without"

Well, still hyped anyway! Wonder which Zack head we'll get! Regular? Dreads? Be cool if we got the one with dreads!

Looks like it's another shot taken at Bandai, whom had molds to do this fig but was too cheap to churn it out!
Nendoramachine is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2019, 12:26 PM #2352
> mmprfan09
One In A Million

mmprfan09
One In A Million

Nendoramachine wrote: View Post

Hyped for this figure! Was even more hyped when I read "Comes with two different heads" which I initially took to mean Zack AND Adam!

...then I read further: "Helmeted head and one without"

Well, still hyped anyway! Wonder which Zack head we'll get! Regular? Dreads? Be cool if we got the one with dreads!

Looks like it's another shot taken at Bandai, whom had molds to do this fig but was too cheap to churn it out!
Zack had braids, not dreads.
mmprfan09 is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2019, 12:28 PM #2353
> MegaZeo
Shattered Plot

MegaZeo
Shattered Plot

Can we get a two pack of Armored Zack and Oysterizer?
MegaZeo is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2019, 12:43 PM #2354
> FE21
PR Geek

FE21
PR Geek

I think they're still overdoing the MMPR:
- MMPR White
- Zedd
- Goldar (Gamestop exclusive)
- MMPR Red Armour (SDCC exclusive)
- MMPR Black Armour (Walgreens exclusive)

versus:
- SPD Shadow
- DC Red
- Zeo Gold (SDCC exclusive)

We know wave 2 of Lightning collection will be MMPR Pink, 2 Beast Morphers (current team) and Magna Defender. I don't want them to exhaust MMPR too quickly either. Gives the line greater longevity.
FE21 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2019, 12:53 PM #2355
> Zeo Cereal
Retired Gangster

Zeo Cereal
Retired Gangster

You're not wrong, but it's fair to stress how Hasbro has trickled MMPR. This is the only time we've gotten news of just MMPR, apart from the reveal, but that came with the promise of a new approach.

Just like Goldar, retailers are more likely to buy an exclusive from the best selling series.

This is the first and only time series fans don't have something, and it's just a press release. We don't know how this will line up with the other figures we've yet to see.
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old June 27th, 2019, 01:15 PM #2356
> BigMDtheSequel
Power Ranger

BigMDtheSequel
Power Ranger

aquawaldo wrote: View Post

This surprising looks better than the red ranger. Maybe black is just slimming and hides flaws...but even the belt morpher looks better. Itís still not as good as the legacy belt morpher, but seems to have more dimension then what the SDCC images showed.
It looks the same to me.

The flattop would be the most accurate way to go, since that was his look in the episode where he wore the shield, but it might make more sense (if Bandai wanted to do both looks) to do the braids as the store exclusive head and the flattop as the general release, since that was his more standard look. But that's if they care to do both looks. They might just give both MMPR Black releases the same head. I have doubts they'd do Zack as a store exclusive and then do Adam for the general release.

I don't think Bandai was too cheap to make Armored Black so much as they ran out of time. I'm sure if they'd continued with the Power Ranger license, they'd have had no problem with getting another use out of those molds.

FE21 wrote: View Post

I think they're still overdoing the MMPR:
- MMPR White
- Zedd
- Goldar (Gamestop exclusive)
- MMPR Red Armour (SDCC exclusive)
- MMPR Black Armour (Walgreens exclusive)

versus:
- SPD Shadow
- DC Red
- Zeo Gold (SDCC exclusive)

We know wave 2 of Lightning collection will be MMPR Pink, 2 Beast Morphers (current team) and Magna Defender. I don't want them to exhaust MMPR too quickly either. Gives the line greater longevity.
At least two of those are variations of Rangers that they'll no doubt be selling the normal versions of later on. MMPR Red and Black aren't off the table for future release just because they're doing the armored versions as con/store exclusives now.
BigMDtheSequel is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2019, 01:39 PM #2357
> Zeo Cereal
Retired Gangster

Zeo Cereal
Retired Gangster

BigMDtheSequel wrote: View Post

I don't think Bandai was too cheap to make Armored Black so much as they ran out of time. I'm sure if they'd continued with the Power Ranger license, they'd have had no problem with getting another use out of those molds.
This.

It has everything to do with Bandai's long game. It should go without saying, Bandai would have continued to release MMPR figures beyond 2018.

Armored Red Ranger was the last retail figure from Bandai. Was it part of the '25 for 25' campaign? If not, they probably rushed it out to make some safe money. Oyster Stew Zack isn't as safe, they can make more money just selling more Reds than having two SKUs with different sellthrough.
Old June 27th, 2019, 01:50 PM #2358
> GoldBlade6
Power Ranger

GoldBlade6
Power Ranger

What is with these ugly goggle heads? I don't know if just the angles or shots are unflattering or if these heads really look that inaccurate. Either way, I wish I could be more excited, but I'm just not. I'm also tired of seeing tons of things we just got from Bandai relatively recently - and that are basically still rotting on shelves.
GoldBlade6 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2019, 02:01 PM #2359
> DesignIncase
Power Ranger

DesignIncase
Power Ranger

Activator wrote: View Post

I still don't like how the shield fits on this body with the straps, but...it looks better than red (mostly due to color and helmet sculpt)
My mistake. I don't know why I thought the pump could move. So on the blaster for Armored Red, the bow sits in that open area. Now with this new image we can see that there is a joint.

The Pink Rangers bow is likely full of holes for pegs from the Black/Blue/Yellow figures.......why does that sound so wrong?

So I think Hasbro will at least have the LC MMPR weapons actually combine.

The straps seem to be the same. If my assumption is correct though, it's going to depend on the figure. It's not attached to the body which means it can distort like Shadow/white
DesignIncase is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2019, 02:01 PM #2360
> bearytrek
Unicron Backer #1

bearytrek
Unicron Backer #1

aquawaldo wrote: View Post

i wonder if the normal non-armored release of MMPR black will have Adam's head...

I'm assuming a normal retail release of Zeo Gold will have Trey's...

not to say Hasbro couldn't/wouldn't eventually release a MMPR black Zack and Zeo Gold Jason eventually but they could generate more interest if people are buying one to customize another at least initially, then when Trey/Adam supply is depleted they can go back to the well and release the Jason/Zack variants at some future point...
bearytrek is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Tags
super epic legacy legends