Menu

Old September 5th, 2018, 11:56 AM #1461
> trekkieb47
The one and only Berry.

32 eBay
trekkieb47
The one and only Berry.

32 eBay

The Ranger Command Power Morphicon coverage is up!

Episode #124 - ďRanger Command at Power Morphicon 6Ē

Itís time to Ranger Up with @trekkieb47 @secretrangerfan & @ZachLaVoy as they talk all things Power Rangers on the Four Eyed Radio Network with RANGER COMMAND POWER HOUR!

http://rangercommand.com/ranger-comm...r-episode-124/
http://foureyedradio.com/rcph124/

On this episode, host Eric and Zach are joined by Joshua Aaron Moore (@KentuckyJAM) and Kenn Glenn (@TheKennGlenn) to discuss Power Morphicon 6. We talk about all the news that came out of the convention from Hasbro, nWay, Boom Studios and Renegade Games Studios. Which panels did we like? What were the Day 0 adventures?

Then, we review the convention: the things we liked, improvements that should be made, and RoboGoat. Yeah, you heard right. Finally, Eric talks with his wife Theresa (@thetg17) about her first time at Power Morphicon and their shared experience.

Throughout the episode are listener submitted clips talking about Power Morphicon and Power Rangers' 25th Anniversary. We really appreciate Power Morphicon for letting us cover the show, we thank the listeners that we met there, and we thank YOU for listening to this episode.

Beware the ROBOGOAT!!
trekkieb47 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old September 5th, 2018, 07:00 PM #1462
> Larry Koopa
Olive Ranger

Larry Koopa
Olive Ranger

I donít know why Robogoat is funny, but I *did* finally acquire the action figure at my local comic shop this past Sunday. I canít wait to listen and be even more happy I own him!
Larry Koopa is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old September 5th, 2018, 07:13 PM #1463
> bearytrek
Power Ranger

bearytrek
Power Ranger

so people are getting emails that Morphicon had a problem with their Drakkon supply and won't be able to fulfill all the non-attendees' orders as-is...

they're offering substitutions or refunds in lieu of any Drakkons in excess of one, which is what they say they can fulfill, for each order

This is not something that Hasbro is going to like, as they went though the financial implosion that was the Offical Transformers Collectors Club/Convention...

and there's going to be more mini morphicons too now?
bearytrek is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2018, 07:40 PM #1464
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Deneb Candy Striper

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Deneb Candy Striper

bearytrek wrote: View Post

mini morphicons
Haha, I like that name.
AkaPrimoKanyeWest is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2018, 08:04 PM #1465
> TheTerrorToad87
Mmm...Power Rangers....

eBay
TheTerrorToad87
Mmm...Power Rangers....

eBay

It's called Power Morphicon Express which in itself is a funny name considering that nothing about PMC is "express."
TheTerrorToad87 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2018, 08:06 PM #1466
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Deneb Candy Striper

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Deneb Candy Striper

TheTerrorToad87 wrote: View Post

It's called Power Morphicon Express which in itself is a funny name considering that nothing about PMC is "express."
Well, we express our dismay...
AkaPrimoKanyeWest is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2018, 02:47 AM #1467
> MarzGurl
大獣神

eBay
MarzGurl
大獣神

eBay

Some people spent $300 for the chance to get multiple Lord Drakkon figures as a non-attendee. They're willing to refund for the Lord Drakkon figures that they can't provide, but they have said NOTHING about refunding those people who bought Gold and Platinum badges, spending that extra money just for the CHANCE to get those figures. That's $300 for a CHANCE to get multiple figures, and then they didn't provide it. You know what they did do, though? They didn't cap how many figures you could buy if you were a physical attendee. I see people reporting that they know others who bought literally dozens of Lord Drakkon figures at the con. While their Facebook post says that this was a system glitch, all signs point to the fact that they did not allocate figures to the non-attendees appropriately, and oversold figures both on site at the con and to Entertainment Earth. This was a huge fumble and mismanagement on PMC's part.

Additionally, PMC says, "Don't E-mail us swearing at us, or we won't respond to you, 'cause we're just volunteers." So, one, you're threatening not to service the people who paid for these products, and two, you're trying to say that there is NOBODY who has to take financial responsibility? I know the name of at least ONE GUY who must take financial responsibility for this, and he never talks to anybody and is too hard to get a hold of, unless you're in his inner circle and on his good side. PMC DEFINITELY needs to be held responsible for their mismanagement.
MarzGurl is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2018, 07:25 AM #1468
> ⚡OmegaRangerRed

32 eBay
OmegaRangerRed

32 eBay

This whole situation with Drakkon is just the icing on the cake for how disorganized this convention was run this year. Let's take a stroll through purchased perks that fell hard on what was promised:

Day 0 Field Trip
This was advertised to be a day long experience to multiple filming locations, ending up back at the convention area where our registration would be waiting.

Instead, issues with the bus company result in it starting 3 hours late, only going to a single filming location, and instead of having our registration ready to hand over, we are given a black convention coin so that we can get in a "special line" on Friday, which still resulted in over an hour wait. At least we got to keep the coin. Yay?

Registration
I don't think any more needs said on this. People have reported 5+ hours waiting, so I guess my hour wasn't as bad. Seriously though, these memberships were being purchased over a year before this convention, if we had to stand in a separate line anyway for the "swag", why weren't these mailed out back in late June?

Gold and Platinum 'Perks'
These two passes were supposed to have early registration pickup, yet instead people with red and silver passes were walking around with their before many gold and platinum had theirs. Also, what happened to the "early entry'? A failed set-up plan lead to the convention hall not being ready until 4 PM on Friday, so there goes that day's perk, then on Saturday when we were let in at 9 (regular doors opened at 10), what do I see? Red and Silver pass holders wandering around already. I haven't bought gold and platinum in the past for the extra shirts, prints, and coins. I do it for the kind of perks listed here. Perks that were not provided.

Drakkon
Ah, the icing on the cake. For months, this figure has been advertised as "only available for PMC, so unless you had a friend who'd get an extra one on their membership for you, you had to pay a "non-attending" membership fee to purchase one, or more, just to end up with a lot of "swag" you likely didn't want anyway, just so you could purchase this figure, the "PMC exclusive", only to now find out it is going to be sold later on by Entertainment Earth it seems. If that wasn't bad enough, PMC messed up and sold too many at the convention and now only have enough to provide one to the non-attending members, despite how many they had purchased and paid for MONTHS AGO. Why so few? Well, a "system error in the registration system" gave them an incorrect count of how many would be needed for non-attendees, so all those extras were sold off at the convention, literally by the caseload, despite any previously stated limitations of how many attendees were allowed to purchase based on what badge they had.

I've already seen people filing charge backs to their credit cards, and I don't blame them. Especially for the non-attendees, they deserve a full refund. They were lied to. Even if PMC had the stock to fulfill all orders, they were lied to. This was supposed to be a convention exclusive, sold only at PMC. The fact that Entertainment Earth now has a stockpile for a future sale goes against everything that was said about this figure.
OmegaRangerRed is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2018, 08:35 AM #1469
> RitoRevolto
Bumbling henchposter

RitoRevolto
Bumbling henchposter

Scott's actually going around now trying to buy back Drakkons from vendors.
RitoRevolto is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2018, 09:15 AM #1470
> MarzGurl
大獣神

eBay
MarzGurl
大獣神

eBay

RitoRevolto wrote: View Post

Oh, my God. Not just from Entertainment Earth, but from other people selling them in the after market?
MarzGurl is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2018, 09:16 AM #1471
> Zeltrax541
Power Ranger

Zeltrax541
Power Ranger

Well, gotta give Scott that. He's making the effort to fix the blunder. That deserves a golf clap from me.
Zeltrax541 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2018, 09:19 AM #1472
> Char350
DAT GAI

Char350
DAT GAI

While not the most ideal solution, hopefully that's one of many ways they can alleviate the situation. So I'll give them (to an extent) some credit for trying to get more figures vs getting aggressively defensive on social media (there's already plenty of that coming from people not affiliated with PMC; they're making PMC and the issue look worse if anything)

Disclaimer: I'm not saying that his attempt at doing this would invalidate all concerns and dissatisfaction from non-attendees have over the situation, nor am I giving PMC a free pass just for trying to re-purchase the figures from the vendors

Last edited by Char350; September 6th, 2018 at 09:34 AM.
Char350 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2018, 11:05 AM #1473
> manson26
Flung Out of Space

manson26
Flung Out of Space

It just seemed odd how behind everything was. I went to set up my booth on Thursday night because I was told via email I could. I wanted Friday free to get my Silver Ranger Badge swag (I had vendor and regular attendee badges). Yet, I got there and my rentals weren't ready. Plastic and cardboard taped all over the floor carpet making it weird to walk around it. A few volunteers still prepping con swag. Seemed like nothing was done! The night before a con and you'd think all the big booths and displays would be ready so volunteers could focus on badge pick-up.

I couldn't even wait in line to get registered on Friday because I needed to finish setting up and the badge pick-up line never moved an inch.
manson26 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2018, 01:20 PM #1474
> GoldAnyRanger
One Ranger, Many Forms

eBay
GoldAnyRanger
One Ranger, Many Forms

eBay

Got my tracking number today. And since I didn't order any Drakkons, I have nothing to worry about.
GoldAnyRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2018, 05:40 PM #1475
> TheTerrorToad87
Mmm...Power Rangers....

eBay
TheTerrorToad87
Mmm...Power Rangers....

eBay

Yeah I knew it seemed odd that before the con they were enforcing super tight limits on the number of figures you could buy, but then by Sunday people were walking around with full cases of them. I figured they just had a ton of extras left over and wanted to get rid of them, but apparently they were just double selling all the non attendings. Those should have all been set aside far away from the con.
Old September 6th, 2018, 08:23 PM #1476
> mateo360
Morphin back into action

eBay
mateo360
Morphin back into action

eBay

, but apparently they were just double selling all the non attendings. Those should have all been set aside far away from the con.
Okay, let's clear one thing up. They were not selling the non-attending Drakkons. Not on purpose anyway.

They had set aside what they thought they needed for the non-attending but the Reg site gave them the wrong number. Example: Reg said they need 500 Drakkons when in reality they needed 700 for those who ordered more then one. so they had 500 set aside but then figured out later they were 200 short.

does this make it any better? No; but let us not spread misinformation about what happened.
mateo360 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2018, 08:27 PM #1477
> TheTerrorToad87
Mmm...Power Rangers....

eBay
TheTerrorToad87
Mmm...Power Rangers....

eBay

mateo360 wrote: View Post

Okay, let's clear one thing up. They were not selling the non-attending Drakkons.

They had set aside what they thought they needed for the non-attending but the Reg site gave them the wrong number. Example: Reg said they need 500 Drakkons when in reality they needed 700 for those who ordered more then one. so they had 500 set aside but then figured out later they were 200 short.

does this make it any better? No; but let us not spread misinformation about what happened.
No, since they do not have enough left now for non attendees that preordered them, then yes, yes they were selling them. Not intentionally perhaps, but they did sell them.
Old September 6th, 2018, 08:29 PM #1478
> mateo360
Morphin back into action

eBay
mateo360
Morphin back into action

eBay

No, since they do not have enough left now for non attendees that preordered them, then yes, yes they were selling them. Not intentionally perhaps, but they did sell them.
They have enough to give every non-attending ONE. The extras people ordered are what got lost from the reg site.

edit: from the message:
Official Power Morphicon wrote:
Please note this only affects your if your ordered more than one Drakkon figure. If you only ordered one or no Drakkons or just a Megazord POP, this doesnít affect your membership at all. Henshin Vault Coins are still delayed in China and once they arrive they will be sent out separately than your membership packets.
mateo360 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2018, 08:44 PM #1479
> Jus1995
Power Ranger

Jus1995
Power Ranger

I just hope 2020 is more organised and smoother. I enjoyed my time at PMC and it had its' highlights (Shattered Grid Reading, the meet-and-greet, meeting old friends, the cosplayers), but in terms of organisation? Kinda weak. I mean, people were still trying to get tickets as late as 7:00pm.
Jus1995 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2018, 03:52 PM #1480
> NUMBERONEJD
Power Ranger

NUMBERONEJD
Power Ranger

I guess they're really busy. I got an email on Aug 12th saying my stuff will be shipped out in 2 weeks. It's about to be 4 weeks and I haven't received any emails besides the drakon situation.
NUMBERONEJD is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Tags
bring deodorant, morphicon 6, wear deodorant