Home Menu

Menu

Old August 22nd, 2018, 10:06 PM #1381
> Storm Eagle
Sotumu Iguru

Storm Eagle
Sotumu Iguru

Titanium321 wrote: View Post

It sounds more like he wouldn't really want to do anything like a con at all and Paulie just wanted to give a happy non-answer as opposed to just telling fans "No, he doesn't want to do this kind of thing at all."
Why such a dark take on the whole thing?
Storm Eagle is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2018, 10:25 PM #1382
> ShyRanger
Morphinominal

eBay
ShyRanger
Morphinominal

eBay

Looks like Eddie Guzelian was another surprise appearance during the weekend, according to the twitter of the site that must not be named.
ShyRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2018, 10:35 PM #1383
> ⚡Titanium321

Titanium321

Storm Eagle wrote: View Post

Why such a dark take on the whole thing?
I don't think its dark, It's more pragmatic than anything. The guy has avoided getting into the con game for a reason, and sometimes fans have a hard time respecting that so often the actors have to try to find polite and softly worded ways of saying "No, I don't want this" when explaining the situation, especially when someone is speaking for someone else like this scenario. Especially live in person.
Titanium321 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2018, 10:42 PM #1384
> Storm Eagle
Sotumu Iguru

Storm Eagle
Sotumu Iguru

I don't think its dark, It's more pragmatic than anything. The guy has avoided getting into the con game for a reason, and sometimes fans have a hard time respecting that so often the actors have to try to find polite and softly worded ways of saying "No, I don't want this" when explaining the situation, especially when someone is speaking for someone else like this scenario. Especially live in person.
That makes sense, although it sounded like there was still a bit of hope, from how Shy Ranger described it.
Old August 22nd, 2018, 11:06 PM #1385
> ⚡Titanium321

Titanium321

That makes sense, although it sounded like there was still a bit of hope, from how Shy Ranger described it.
Until you get a firm no, there's always hope. I just meant to point out if he's not trying now, he's probably not that interested in the first place and we should respect that decision.
Titanium321 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2018, 11:41 PM #1386
> PopCultureLover06
Power Ranger

PopCultureLover06
Power Ranger

It sounds more like he wouldn't really want to do anything like a con at all and Paulie just wanted to give a happy non-answer as opposed to just telling fans "No, he doesn't want to do this kind of thing at all."
Yeah not everyone is interested in being involved in the convention circuit, I like to view it as their loss because they would make so much money and for some it's even more shocking because they have been offered crazy amount of money but yet still refuse. Speaking of someone who doesn't do conventions, Roger Velasco and Selwyn Ward did admit that Patricia Ja Lee, had a negative encounter with fans at Anime Expo 2009, or just dealt with a stalker and apparently that has made her reluctant to return to the convention scene, since she hasn't made any appearance like that since. So now we know, even though they both have tried to persuade her to return.
PopCultureLover06 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2018, 04:33 AM #1387
> SirStack
Visit Morphylogeny!

eBay
SirStack
Visit Morphylogeny!

eBay

RitoRevolto wrote: View Post

He was not Master Vile. Simon Prescott was.
Oddly enough, at PMC2, Richard Epcar was claiming he was the voice.
SirStack is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2018, 05:10 AM #1388
> GoldAnyRanger
One Ranger, Many Forms

eBay
GoldAnyRanger
One Ranger, Many Forms

eBay

HyperForce Panel

GoldAnyRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old August 23rd, 2018, 07:21 AM #1389
> Storm Eagle
Sotumu Iguru

Storm Eagle
Sotumu Iguru

Until you get a firm no, there's always hope. I just meant to point out if he's not trying now, he's probably not that interested in the first place and we should respect that decision.
I agree that we should respect his decision, and that's basically what I was saying earlier.

PopCultureLover06 wrote: View Post

Yeah not everyone is interested in being involved in the convention circuit, I like to view it as their loss because they would make so much money and for some it's even more shocking because they have been offered crazy amount of money but yet still refuse. Speaking of someone who doesn't do conventions, Roger Velasco and Selwyn Ward did admit that Patricia Ja Lee, had a negative encounter with fans at Anime Expo 2009, or just dealt with a stalker and apparently that has made her reluctant to return to the convention scene, since she hasn't made any appearance like that since. So now we know, even though they both have tried to persuade her to return.
I wouldn't say it's their loss. Just because something pays good money, it doesn't mean everyone should do it. If there's something about it that puts a person off to the point that they consider their safety, then it's better that they don't do it. Women are especially conscientious about their safety. So they'd be even harder to convince.
Old August 23rd, 2018, 08:00 AM #1390
> Andros
Burajira

Andros
Burajira

In an effort to draw the the safety concerned guests to attend, if I were the con manager, I would just assign personal security for those guests at no cost to them.
I know that is a hit to the cons pocketbook but once these guests realize they are relatively safe, the need for the security might stop in just a few years.
Personally, con security is something that needs addressed anyway.

Now, on the flip side of that coin. Look at what almost happened to JDF. I don't blame him for having leagues of what are basically secret service around him at all times.
And just hearing about it raises the concerns of those who are already hesitant anyway and doesn't help the matter at all.

At the end of the day, it is their choice to attend or not. And we all must respect those wishes.

I for one would pay to have Patty sign and send something to me.

Last edited by Andros; August 23rd, 2018 at 08:15 AM.
Andros is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2018, 09:02 AM #1391
> EmperorOmnimon
Power Ranger

EmperorOmnimon
Power Ranger

From what it sounds like, the con can't even fire domestic abusers from their own staff, what confidence would any actress have to keep them safe? What a terrible look.

ShyRanger wrote: View Post

Looks like Eddie Guzelian was another surprise appearance during the weekend, according to the twitter of the site that must not be named.
Surely one of you people managed to settle the score of whether that long-rumored 'Forever Black' ending was what he really intended for RPM.
EmperorOmnimon is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2018, 09:19 AM #1392
> PopCultureLover06
Power Ranger

PopCultureLover06
Power Ranger

I agree that we should respect his decision, and that's basically what I was saying earlier.

I wouldn't say it's their loss. Just because something pays good money, it doesn't mean everyone should do it. If there's something about it that puts a person off to the point that they consider their safety, then it's better that they don't do it. Women are especially conscientious about their safety. So they'd be even harder to convince.
Amy Jo dealt with stalkers as well and she has moved on from it, has started to do conventions, although not PMC yet, just bringing it up because if she can move on from it, so can Patricia Ja Lee, but ya, I wouldn't mind if she did autographs by mail.
Old August 23rd, 2018, 09:36 AM #1393
> RitoRevolto
Bumbling henchposter

RitoRevolto
Bumbling henchposter

SirStack wrote: View Post

Oddly enough, at PMC2, Richard Epcar was claiming he was the voice.
Well, Tom Wyner is often the guy linked with the voice, but he said specifically that it was Prescott, who voiced Loyax in LG.

QueenBee9 wrote: View Post

One of my life goals is to go to Power Morphicon and act like the actors are really the characters they play ... per example:

OMG You're Billy!

No I'm David.

No no you're Billy I remember you from the show!

No I was playing a role.

Yea right. Next thing you are gonna say the Power Rangers aren't real.

*Silence*
How about going to Power Morphicon and *not* doing that?

Last edited by RitoRevolto; August 23rd, 2018 at 09:36 AM.
RitoRevolto is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old August 23rd, 2018, 10:39 AM #1394
> Storm Eagle
Sotumu Iguru

Storm Eagle
Sotumu Iguru

EmperorOmnimon wrote: View Post

Surely one of you people managed to settle the score of whether that long-rumored 'Forever Black' ending was what he really intended for RPM.
It has been settled for the longest. It was proven to be false.

Amy Jo dealt with stalkers as well and she has moved on from it, has started to do conventions, although not PMC yet, just bringing it up because if she can move on from it, so can Patricia Ja Lee, but ya, I wouldn't mind if she did autographs by mail.
I'm glad that Amy Jo Johnson has gotten over it to some extent, and Patricia Ja Lee could recover from it too, but if she ever does, she'll have to do it at her own pace.

Last edited by Storm Eagle; August 23rd, 2018 at 11:14 AM.
Old August 23rd, 2018, 11:47 AM #1395
> ⚡OmegaRangerRed

32 eBay
OmegaRangerRed

32 eBay

She has no reason to "move on from it" if she does not wish to, want to, or even can. Just because Amy Jo has slowly rejoined the fandom doesn't mean anything for anyone else. She has no requirement to ever show up to a single convention, provide autographs, or do anything for the fandom is she doesn't wish to. She owes us nothing, and regardless of whatever money she could make from doing so, her decision not to, for whatever reason, is hers to make.
OmegaRangerRed is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2018, 12:12 PM #1396
> PopCultureLover06
Power Ranger

PopCultureLover06
Power Ranger

OmegaRangerRed wrote: View Post

She has no reason to "move on from it" if she does not wish to, want to, or even can. Just because Amy Jo has slowly rejoined the fandom doesn't mean anything for anyone else. She has no requirement to ever show up to a single convention, provide autographs, or do anything for the fandom is she doesn't wish to. She owes us nothing, and regardless of whatever money she could make from doing so, her decision not to, for whatever reason, is hers to make.
I was just using Amy Jo's story of inspiration and never did I say anywhere that Patricia is required to or she has to, of course it's her choice and she reserves the right to refuse to attend conventions or come out to meet the fans, it's 100% her choice, I'm just saying it would be epic and awesome if she could rejoin the fandom in a similar way that Amy Jo did, but at the end of the day it's her choice of course.
Old August 23rd, 2018, 12:50 PM #1397
> AkaGreenPrimo
Red Fed Redemption

AkaGreenPrimo
Red Fed Redemption

never did I say anywhere that Patricia is required to or she has to, of course it's her choice and she reserves the right to refuse to attend conventions or come out to meet the fans
But you did say it was shocking and a "loss" that anyone wouldn't, which implies expectation.

Be cognizant of the words you use, and just try to stay out of other people's affairs in general unless they invite you in.
AkaGreenPrimo is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2018, 01:35 PM #1398
> zjranger
#SavingTennis1BallAtATime

zjranger
#SavingTennis1BallAtATime

Watching the Dino Thunder/Ninja Storm videos now, and Katrina Browne (Kapri) actually was in Young Hercules, another Fox Kids show like Power Rangers. Who knew she was also in kid's television, even during the Post-Zordon Era.
zjranger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2018, 01:46 PM #1399
> AkaGreenPrimo
Red Fed Redemption

AkaGreenPrimo
Red Fed Redemption

zjranger wrote: View Post

Who knew she was also in kid's television, even during the Post-Zordon Era.
My second favorite Cyane.
AkaGreenPrimo is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2018, 08:17 PM #1400
> mateo360
Morphin back into action

eBay
mateo360
Morphin back into action

eBay

so unless anyone can think of any other use for it, I will close the discord we made for PMC on Sunday so grab friend requests while you can.
mateo360 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Tags
bring deodorant, morphicon 6, wear deodorant