Home Menu

Menu

Old January 9th, 2019, 06:22 PM #1581
> ranger_scout
Power Ranger

ranger_scout
Power Ranger

Here is the second video of footage from Power Morpicon 2018 that mostly focuses on Roger Velasco's time there.

ranger_scout is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2019, 01:39 PM #1582
> PopCultureLover06
Power Ranger

PopCultureLover06
Power Ranger

ranger_scout wrote: View Post

Here is the second video of footage from Power Morpicon 2018 that mostly focuses on Roger Velasco's time there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U54v-nkgjZQ
yup, at the Turbo panel, thats when the PR fandom finally found out as to why Patricia Ja Lee doesn't attend shows, conventions, although that wasn't always the case, because she was at Anime Expo in 2009 but nothing since then.

Its because unfortuneately, she had an incident with a fan that really stuck with her really hard, to be more specific, she had a stalker, of course i'm completely aware that she doesn't owe us fans any appearences anywhere, it's her life and she can do what she wants, but at the same time, it's upsetting that there are assholes, douchebags out there that have to ruin it for the rest of the fans, i'm referring to the guy that made her uncomfortable or stalked her.
PopCultureLover06 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2019, 03:53 PM #1583
> mike909
Dragon Ranger 4 Life

mike909
Dragon Ranger 4 Life

Roger did mention on the first parter that she will be coming back sooner then anybody thinks
So maybe he's convinced her to attend a future morphicon or com in general
mike909 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2019, 04:30 PM #1584
> PopCultureLover06
Power Ranger

PopCultureLover06
Power Ranger

mike909 wrote: View Post

Roger did mention on the first parter that she will be coming back sooner then anybody thinks
So maybe he's convinced her to attend a future morphicon or com in general
in the part 1 documentary? what minute mark?
Old February 3rd, 2019, 08:09 PM #1585
> onemancosplay
Power Ranger

eBay
onemancosplay
Power Ranger

eBay

random question if anyone attending this year con would someone be able pick me up some autographs as i cant get over there
onemancosplay is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2019, 08:18 PM #1586
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
A Dino,a Wiz & a Wardrobe

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
A Dino,a Wiz & a Wardrobe

onemancosplay wrote: View Post

random question if anyone attending this year con would someone be able pick me up some autographs as i cant get over there
You're talking about the Express event in Texas? Because the standard southern California convention isn't until summer 2020.

And either way, we don't even have a tentative guest list yet. How would you know which autographs you want?
AkaPrimoKanyeWest is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2019, 05:59 PM #1587
> Ranger Liz
Ranger Week In Review

eBay
Ranger Liz
Ranger Week In Review

eBay

AkaGreenPrimo wrote: View Post

You're talking about the Express event in Texas? Because the standard southern California convention isn't until summer 2020.

And either way, we don't even have a tentative guest list yet. How would you know which autographs you want?

If it's for Texas, there are 8 guests announced so far.
https://powermorphiconexpress.com/guests/

I'm not going, so I can't help you, but there *is* a guest list.
Ranger Liz is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2019, 08:24 PM #1588
> GoldAnyRanger
One Ranger, Many Forms

eBay
GoldAnyRanger
One Ranger, Many Forms

eBay

Ranger Liz wrote: View Post

Iím waiting for them to announce more stops. Otherwise just call it PMC Texas, not PMC Express.
GoldAnyRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2019, 06:22 AM #1589
> ⚡OmegaRangerRed

32 eBay
OmegaRangerRed

32 eBay

Ranger Liz wrote: View Post

If you go by the facebook page, that count is actually closer to 18, presuming everyone advertised in yesterday's image will be there.

GoldAnyRanger wrote: View Post

Iím waiting for them to announce more stops. Otherwise just call it PMC Texas, not PMC Express.
Unless they are going to do away with the biennial event in California, I honestly don't see another one of these happening before PMC 2020. Given the average scheduling of how PMC runs, tickets will go on sale in August this year, and factoring in how long it took just to set up one PMC express, which is still almost 2 months away, I just don't see enough time to do another one before PMC 2020.
OmegaRangerRed is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2019, 12:52 PM #1590
> TheTerrorToad87
Mmm...Power Rangers....

eBay
TheTerrorToad87
Mmm...Power Rangers....

eBay

And considering how poorly run the last PMC was, they really should be focusing all their attention on the 2020 one so that it's not as big of a train wreck next time.
TheTerrorToad87 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2019, 06:23 AM #1591
> ⚡OmegaRangerRed

32 eBay
OmegaRangerRed

32 eBay

You'd think, but something tells me registration lines will be just as long, if not longer, than last time.

At this point, I honestly have little to no intent to go in 2020, and if I do, i may literally only do a 1 day pass.
Old February 12th, 2019, 01:45 PM #1592
> RitoRevolto
Bumbling henchposter

RitoRevolto
Bumbling henchposter

OmegaRangerRed wrote: View Post

You'd think, but something tells me registration lines will be just as long, if not longer, than last time.

At this point, I honestly have little to no intent to go in 2020, and if I do, i may literally only do a 1 day pass.
All of that is on Scott. I have my issues with how this past PMC was run, boy do I ever, but the man has eyes and ears. Long as he also has a functioning calculator, I see a lot of the issues that plagued the con last year being fixed next year.
RitoRevolto is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2019, 04:50 AM #1593
> PopCultureLover06
Power Ranger

PopCultureLover06
Power Ranger

I believe approximately 10,000 people attended PMC last year, it's only expected to get more crowded every new time it's held, in this case, bi-annually
Old February 14th, 2019, 05:50 AM #1594
> ⚡OmegaRangerRed

32 eBay
OmegaRangerRed

32 eBay

RitoRevolto wrote: View Post

All of that is on Scott. I have my issues with how this past PMC was run, boy do I ever, but the man has eyes and ears. Long as he also has a functioning calculator, I see a lot of the issues that plagued the con last year being fixed next year.
Maybe they will, but viewing from my own past experiences and opinions, I'll have to see it to believe it. Each year he pushes to make the convention bigger, a feat that has nothing fundamentally wrong is striving for. However, issues from the past do not get factored in, it seems, into the larger goals.

Take registration for example. I've been to PMC 2, 3, 4, and 6 (missed 5...that's a story for a different day). At 2, it was a small con, and registration took a couple hours still for the people there. PMC 3, I'll admit, I honestly don't know how the early registration was, because I was one of the many attendees filling in as stand-in bodies for the short lived "No Nerds Here" mocumentary, but by the time that was done filming Friday morning, long before the doors actually opened Friday afternoon, I was able to walk right out, over to the registration line, and get my pass. Whatever they did this year worked, but seems to have been lost. At PMC 4, lines were unorganized and horrendously long, with people standing in line for 2-3 hours (or more). Now, again, I wasn't at PMC 5, but we all saw last August how the registration was like at PMC 6. Weren't people reporting on Twitter they'd been in line for over 5 hours?

Now, if they ever start mailing out the passes, that will quickly alleviate these lines. Charge an extra 5 bucks on the ticket price for shipping, and that cost is handled. These passes go on sale in August. I personally feel any pass purchased by June 1st should be capable of being mailed out to the attendee so that they don't need to stand in line opening day to pick their passes up, which instantly reduces the number of people waiting and the overall waiting time.
Old February 16th, 2019, 11:49 AM #1595
> RitoRevolto
Bumbling henchposter

RitoRevolto
Bumbling henchposter

OmegaRangerRed wrote: View Post

Maybe they will, but viewing from my own past experiences and opinions, I'll have to see it to believe it. Each year he pushes to make the convention bigger, a feat that has nothing fundamentally wrong is striving for. However, issues from the past do not get factored in, it seems, into the larger goals.

Take registration for example. I've been to PMC 2, 3, 4, and 6 (missed 5...that's a story for a different day). At 2, it was a small con, and registration took a couple hours still for the people there. PMC 3, I'll admit, I honestly don't know how the early registration was, because I was one of the many attendees filling in as stand-in bodies for the short lived "No Nerds Here" mocumentary, but by the time that was done filming Friday morning, long before the doors actually opened Friday afternoon, I was able to walk right out, over to the registration line, and get my pass. Whatever they did this year worked, but seems to have been lost. At PMC 4, lines were unorganized and horrendously long, with people standing in line for 2-3 hours (or more). Now, again, I wasn't at PMC 5, but we all saw last August how the registration was like at PMC 6. Weren't people reporting on Twitter they'd been in line for over 5 hours?

Now, if they ever start mailing out the passes, that will quickly alleviate these lines. Charge an extra 5 bucks on the ticket price for shipping, and that cost is handled. These passes go on sale in August. I personally feel any pass purchased by June 1st should be capable of being mailed out to the attendee so that they don't need to stand in line opening day to pick their passes up, which instantly reduces the number of people waiting and the overall waiting time.
More and more anime cons do badge mailing, but I don't think that solves all the problems, since everybody tacks on figures and T-shirts and whatever that either part of a package or not. So people are still going to have to wait in line for something. It's just a matter of making the whole process run more efficiently.
RitoRevolto is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2019, 07:52 AM #1596
> ⚡OmegaRangerRed

32 eBay
OmegaRangerRed

32 eBay

More and more anime cons do badge mailing, but I don't think that solves all the problems, since everybody tacks on figures and T-shirts and whatever that either part of a package or not. So people are still going to have to wait in line for something. It's just a matter of making the whole process run more efficiently.
I get that there will always be some kind of line. Honestly, I have no problem with the separate "swag" line like how they did it last year. I got up early on Saturday and jumped in line to grab my items then. Only waited about an hour, tops, and had everything to take back to my room real fast. The only true issue I had when I was standing in line was the number of non-gold and platinum members who were also in line and had been able to sneak in before they should have, but once again, that is an issue I've seen at almost every convention.

In retrospect, had I of waited until Sunday, I could have walked right up and grabbed the swag anyway, as lines were almost non-existent by then.
Old February 17th, 2019, 12:49 PM #1597
> TheTerrorToad87
Mmm...Power Rangers....

eBay
TheTerrorToad87
Mmm...Power Rangers....

eBay

Yeah PMC4 had insane reg lines, so for PMC5 I made sure to get there early to have time to get my badge and then there was no line at all. So for PMC6 I thought it would be the same and strolled up to the longest line in history. So who knows maybe next time there will be no line again but at this point I don't see any reason to go again. I have met all the actors I have wanted to meet except for AJJ and she'll probably never attend.

Yeah it's fine to have to wait in line for merch, because you can do that at any point during the weekend. But to have to wait hours just to get in at all? That is what really sucks.
Old February 17th, 2019, 07:21 PM #1598
> PopCultureLover06
Power Ranger

PopCultureLover06
Power Ranger

TheTerrorToad87 wrote: View Post

Yeah PMC4 had insane reg lines, so for PMC5 I made sure to get there early to have time to get my badge and then there was no line at all. So for PMC6 I thought it would be the same and strolled up to the longest line in history. So who knows maybe next time there will be no line again but at this point I don't see any reason to go again. I have met all the actors I have wanted to meet except for AJJ and she'll probably never attend.

Yeah it's fine to have to wait in line for merch, because you can do that at any point during the weekend. But to have to wait hours just to get in at all? That is what really sucks.
Ya I don't see Amy Jo ever attending PMC, since she has avoided it this whole time so far, but if you really want to meet her, I recommend traveling or commuting long distance just to finally meeting her, attend an out of state convention, of course to each their own, depends on the person but people tend to have a different mindset when it comes to traveling or commuting long distance just to meet someone at a show, convention. As in, they feel it's a waste of money to travel to meet one person but not if its to meet multiple people.

My guess is, you are just gonna wait until she attends a local convention, show within your region, area, not gonna travel in order to meet her? thats what i did to finally meet her in 2017.

If Amy doesn't want to attend conventions or shows in which the focus is solely on PR, or just revolves around PR, thats fine, okay, but i wonder if there is a reason as to why she avoids all of California and the West Coast, especially since she has never done any convention in California or the West Coast before, ever since she started to attend shows, conventions, because obviously there are plenty of shows on the West Coast that don't revolve around PR. Because she does still to this day, have yet to do California, the West Coast for a show, convention, ever since she started attending them.
Old February 18th, 2019, 12:44 PM #1599
> TheTerrorToad87
Mmm...Power Rangers....

eBay
TheTerrorToad87
Mmm...Power Rangers....

eBay

PMC is already a long distance travel for me. It would make since for her to attend an all power rangers convention considering that is what she is primarily known for. I do not have enough desire to meet her to justify traveling to some random east coast convention. So if she doesn't ever attend PMC, oh well.
Old February 18th, 2019, 04:24 PM #1600
> PopCultureLover06
Power Ranger

PopCultureLover06
Power Ranger

TheTerrorToad87 wrote: View Post

PMC is already a long distance travel for me. It would make since for her to attend an all power rangers convention considering that is what she is primarily known for. I do not have enough desire to meet her to justify traveling to some random east coast convention. So if she doesn't ever attend PMC, oh well.
oh well, to each their own, it sounds like you share the mindset and i assume its common for others as well, one guy told me he would meet Amy Jo under 2 conditions, if she was to attend a local show, convention, within his city, town, region, or state, or if she attended PMC, PMC is the only show, convention he is willing to travel or commute long distance to.

But ya i wonder if Amy Jo has something against the West Coast, since there are plenty of conventions, shows that don't revolve around Power Rangers on the West Coast and yet she still hasn't done an Con appearence on the West Coast yet. I didn't fly to the East Coast to meet her, i flew from California to Texas to meet her, while Texas is a Western region state, it's obviously not the West Coast.

Tags
bring deodorant, morphicon 6, wear deodorant