Home Menu

Menu

Old February 17th, 2019, 08:35 PM #21
> PR Master
Power Ranger

PR Master
Power Ranger

These look great! Hope they do one of Symmetra.
PR Master is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2019, 10:24 PM #22
> CryloBenAffleck
The Two-In-One Rider

eBay
CryloBenAffleck
The Two-In-One Rider

eBay

Cuchulainn wrote: View Post

Yeah, Sombra is a day-one purchase. Might even consider pre-ordering her. I'm glad alt-costumes are confirmed right out the gate, too. My guess is subsequent waves will be padded out by previously-released characters with new skins so they don't have to make entirely new sculpts every wave. Crossing my fingers for a Wight Reaper figure down the line.
I'm preordering her tomorrow. Forgot today.

As for skins?
Demon Hunter Sombra
Basically all Sombra skins..

I hope Brig comes out soon... I'd also want her Shieldmaiden skin.

Ashe & BOB need to be a two pack.

OH AND STRIKE COMMANDER MORRISON. NEED.

Activator wrote: View Post

Good to see all the Sombra fans in here lol. I can't wait to get her Cyberspace or Talon skin. *fire emoji*. The fact that Reinhardt comes with a shield is cool. Gives me hope that Orisa and others will come with parts for their ultimates amongst other things. Maybe we'll even get a golden Orisa for her stabilizing ability.
Those are other good skins for her.

Lord Buttus wrote: View Post

I could see golden Orisa being a variant or exclusive of some kind. Maybe it comes with a little Efi.

Honestly I'm just eagerly anticipating McCree, Hanzo, Doomfist, and Ashe figures. They got some of my favorite designs in the game. Though the latter two probably won't be out for a good while given they're newer characters.
I mean, Doomfist isn't THAT new. He was after Sombra wasnt he?

I really want a Brig.

I need at least everyone in their base, vanilla skin.

Yeah, Gamestop/Walgreens/Target/Walmart are going to have a field-day with the sheer number of variants these toys can get, even excluding simple color-swaps. I imagine we'll be seeing a lot of store-exclusive variants.
Target Exclusive, Target variant Tracer. Her chrono-accelerator is done up to look like the Target logo.
CryloBenAffleck is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2019, 10:37 PM #23
> Activator
Power Ranger

Activator
Power Ranger

Hm, I can also see a Sombra that's half translucent and then a full translucent one as well. Then golden weapon versions. Geez. This was a smart property for Hasbro to get.

Also, it was Ana>Sombra>Orisa>Moira>Doomfist...I think. In terms of release.
Activator is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old February 17th, 2019, 10:56 PM #24
> CryloBenAffleck
The Two-In-One Rider

eBay
CryloBenAffleck
The Two-In-One Rider

eBay

Hm, I can also see a Sombra that's half translucent and then a full translucent one as well. Then golden weapon versions. Geez. This was a smart property for Hasbro to get.

Also, it was Ana>Sombra>Orisa>Moira>Doomfist...I think. In terms of release.
That sounds about right.

Then Brig, Hammond, Ashe
Old February 18th, 2019, 08:52 AM #25
> Activator
Power Ranger

Activator
Power Ranger

When should we expect these in stores?
Old February 18th, 2019, 10:02 AM #26
> ⚡Lord Buttus
Mod of Destruction

eBay
Lord Buttus
Mod of Destruction

eBay

When should we expect these in stores?
Release date was listed in April. So not too far out.
Lord Buttus is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2019, 09:11 PM #27
> BigMDtheSequel
Power Ranger

BigMDtheSequel
Power Ranger

I'm really on the fence about these. I don't play the game (or many video games, really), and the comics I've read are less than helpful in clarifying or establishing any details about the universe.

I really like the designs, though, so much that I've bought some of the Figmas and had plans to buy more. These look pretty nice for the price, but I'm wondering if I won't regret switching over from the Figmas down the road (I don't really have any desire to buy the same characters in two styles). The biggest advantage Hasbro is offering is more breadth of characters being released on a faster schedule.
BigMDtheSequel is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2019, 10:30 PM #28
> CryloBenAffleck
The Two-In-One Rider

eBay
CryloBenAffleck
The Two-In-One Rider

eBay

BigMDtheSequel wrote: View Post

I'm really on the fence about these. I don't play the game (or many video games, really), and the comics I've read are less than helpful in clarifying or establishing any details about the universe.

I really like the designs, though, so much that I've bought some of the Figmas and had plans to buy more. These look pretty nice for the price, but I'm wondering if I won't regret switching over from the Figmas down the road (I don't really have any desire to buy the same characters in two styles). The biggest advantage Hasbro is offering is more breadth of characters being released on a faster schedule.
And that 1 Figma = 4 or 5 of these as far as price... lmao.
Old February 19th, 2019, 12:17 AM #29
> BigMDtheSequel
Power Ranger

BigMDtheSequel
Power Ranger

CryloBen wrote: View Post

And that 1 Figma = 4 or 5 of these as far as price... lmao.
Yes, and the Figmas are also of much better quality. That's the trade off. And that's why I'm on the fence between having a few figures of very high quality or having a bunch of figures of okay quality. The very best $20 Hasbro figure is nowhere near as nice as the average Figma. Not even close.
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old February 19th, 2019, 09:13 AM #30
> Activator
Power Ranger

Activator
Power Ranger

Go Hasbro for:

Alt skins. Figma will likely never make these--and if they do, definitely not for anyone that isn't Tracer or Genji.
Bigger characters. Figma has passed on big characters many times in the past (Gamagori from Kill La Kill for example), so I doubt we'll see them make any tanks.
Extended cast. Considering Hasbro is doing the alt skins, I wonder if they'd be willing to do characters like the extra MEKA drivers from the D.VA map, etc.

Go Figma for:

The 150-250HP characters, as they will probably, at this rate, make them all. But since price is an issue, I say go Figma for your fave and Hasbro for the rest. If price is no issue, Figma for the small guys for sure.

Hasbro looks like they are going all out with this though, so the fact that they are figures with alternate hands AND effects, I'd say its a fair choice either way. Just, yes, Figma costs a lot, but it's not like they're offering the same quality of toy you'll find on a US shelf.
Old February 19th, 2019, 09:15 AM #31
> Cuchulainn
century color

Cuchulainn
century color

It occurred to me that doing D.va in this series might be an issue. It's harder to pack in a D.va figure and her Meka and keep it at the same price-point as Reinhardt is. Maybe the Meka is sold individually and comes with a non-posable D.va pilot figure and the posable, painted one is in a two-pack with another character.
Cuchulainn is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2019, 11:48 AM #32
> CryloBenAffleck
The Two-In-One Rider

eBay
CryloBenAffleck
The Two-In-One Rider

eBay

Yes, and the Figmas are also of much better quality. That's the trade off. And that's why I'm on the fence between having a few figures of very high quality or having a bunch of figures of okay quality. The very best $20 Hasbro figure is nowhere near as nice as the average Figma. Not even close.
I had Genji.
Don't think he was worth $100.
The joints in the shoulders alone made me feel like it was a revoltech, they were so ugly.
Old February 19th, 2019, 12:05 PM #33
> BigMDtheSequel
Power Ranger

BigMDtheSequel
Power Ranger

I had Genji.
The joints in the shoulders alone made me feel like it was a revoltech, they were so ugly.
I don't have Genji, but their Tracer is among my favorite figures. And I only paid around $50 for it.

It occurred to me that doing D.va in this series might be an issue. It's harder to pack in a D.va figure and her Meka and keep it at the same price-point as Reinhardt is. Maybe the Meka is sold individually and comes with a non-posable D.va pilot figure and the posable, painted one is in a two-pack with another character.
They could (and should) do it at a completely separate price point. Hasbro's done things like that before with Star Wars Black Series.
Old February 19th, 2019, 02:55 PM #34
> Activator
Power Ranger

Activator
Power Ranger

I had Genji.
Where and when did you get Genji from? None of the OW Figmas have been 100$ so far and I order them new/have them imported.

I don't have Genji, but their Tracer is among my favorite figures. And I only paid around $50 for it.

They could (and should) do it at a completely separate price point. Hasbro's done things like that before with Star Wars Black Series.
Yeah, with the way the Black Series is run, or even with what Legends has been doing with certain other things (movie props and the legendary riders), they can probably make it work. Or, D. Va MEKA build-a-figure? Somehow they'll get it out without paying too much for sure. I imagine a figure like D. Va's meka will come as a result of all the money saved from the eventual simple repaints we'll be getting
Old February 19th, 2019, 03:19 PM #35
> BigMDtheSequel
Power Ranger

BigMDtheSequel
Power Ranger

Somehow they'll get it out without paying too much for sure.
I imagine we'll be paying for it. Remember the $175 TIE Fighter, or Rey's $60 speeder bike?
Old February 19th, 2019, 04:28 PM #36
> CryloBenAffleck
The Two-In-One Rider

eBay
CryloBenAffleck
The Two-In-One Rider

eBay

Where and when did you get Genji from? None of the OW Figmas have been 100$ so far and I order them new/have them imported.
Gamestop
Old February 20th, 2019, 01:26 PM #37
> Activator
Power Ranger

Activator
Power Ranger

I imagine we'll be paying for it. Remember the $175 TIE Fighter, or Rey's $60 speeder bike?
Well yes. While Rey's bike was definitely overpriced--the fact that the company even tried making it or a 6'' scale tie-fighter can only be credited to money being saved through the other cost cutting methods they were probably using during the line (which I admit is harder to pinpoint in the Black Series as there doesn't seem to be a lot of reuse?)

And if they are charging us 59.99 for Rein, D. Va will probably be just around that in either direction

Gamestop

Well, that was the first mistake--even at Target, he was like 80, but if you imported, it was even cheaper. But wow, I didn't even know Gamestop carried Figmas...

The shoulders were definitely ugly on him for basic poses, but he's gotta be treated like a Revoltech, where he'll pull off poses most lines can't because of the weird joint structure

Most Spider-Man figs can't even do that

Last edited by Activator; February 20th, 2019 at 01:32 PM.
Old April 16th, 2019, 07:33 PM #38
> CryloBenAffleck
The Two-In-One Rider

eBay
CryloBenAffleck
The Two-In-One Rider

eBay

Figures are showing up in Canada and US Walmarts from what I've heard.
Old April 17th, 2019, 06:54 AM #39
> ⚡Lord Buttus
Mod of Destruction

eBay
Lord Buttus
Mod of Destruction

eBay

Yep. They're popping up on eBay as well. Happy hunting, folks. I know what I'll be doing.
https://news.toyark.com/2019/04/17/h...-342393#images
Lord Buttus is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2019, 07:05 AM #40
> Cuchulainn
century color

Cuchulainn
century color

That Reyes Reaper has the saddest face I've ever seen. He looks like if that cat with big beady wet eyes was a war-weary human. Probably gonna check my Walmart later and see if it's hit our shelves yet.
Cuchulainn is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote