Home Menu

Menu

Old August 18th, 2018, 08:08 PM #41
> Dark storm
Power Ranger

Dark storm
Power Ranger

TyrannoAdam wrote: View Post

Looking forward to the line myself but a real head ache starts in what to do with the legacy stuff. Mulling over hanging on to it with some sealed as the bandai stuff does tend to go for more later. I've doubles of the rangers that I plan on opening and getting the rest signed and keeping misb. Thinking of doing the same with the lightning line now too which means a lot of rangers hanging around in boxes.

The articulation looks good and the suit looks good. I'm surprised they started with MMPR white but I'm not complaining as I hope to meet JDF next year. I do hope hasbro doesn't have any QC problems with this line but I'm really happy to see photo real tech. I'm curious to see what they'll do in the cases of mmpr Trini (R.I.P.) and wild force Cole.

Here's hoping this line gives us all the rangers and villains. I can see new rangers being pumped out through the comic books too.
This was posted in the legacy thread, but wanted to quote just cuz a lot of us I know will be or are in the same boat. Despite the paint jobs, I was really warming up to the legacy line. Finally started getting the zeo rangers, and love the Dino Thunder figures. Even got the Psychos preordered, and there's no way I'm going back on those now. Apart from con exclusives, I've gotten every fig since wave one from MMPR, Space, and Ninja Storm.

That being said, this white ranger looks spectacular. Almost figuart quality and at the right price. I'm very eager to see what Hasbro has in store from here on out. But a couple of things do come to mind. First is, I see white ranger, think MMPR, then think, "Here we go again." This is the 3rd (correction, 4th in some cases, maybe more) time we've done this in 5 years. First with the action hero MMPR rangers, then with the MMPR Legacy rangers (both called Legacy), then the metallic rangers if you got them for the power weapons or correctly painted belts (which I did not. Don't regret that). Then it looks like we'll be doing this again. It looks like they may get a chance to do much more than Bandai was able to, and even the body fold looks better than our legacy figures did (and no abs ). But that doesn't mean I wanna immediately turn around and sell all these or anything. It's tough for us fans.

The other thing is, why do we need a head sculpt? That's a neat thing to do if you're into that kinda thing, I know some collectors like that. But as has been discussed so many times in the legacy threads, everyone would much rather have the appropriate weapons. Plus, people don't usually like how the ranger's human heads turn out.
True story, I got my black dino thunder ranger in today and was admiring how it looks. He was the first ranger figure I got when dino thunder came out, and I loved it. Even the all gold brachio staff I thought was neat. And I was remembering how when I got the red ranger and eventually the white ranger later on, I would make them fight each other. And that was possible because not only did red have a blaster, he also had the mould of the sword mode. These were, what, 5.5" $6 dollar figures in 2003? Different times then, but they were great. Didn't have signature weapons, but just that extra sword was enough.

wizard wrote: View Post

I honestly do not believe that Bandai launched the Legacy line without the intention to create and release every single Ranger. Their intentions were in the right place. But, the things that happened afterwards, and the people that ultimately made the decisions, got in the way.

That said, I am super stoked about the Lightning Collection. I am a little bummed to not see a Build-A-Figure aspect to the line, but, maybe that might be introduced later on in the line. But, I cannot complain with the weapons, accessories, and alternate heads they are boasting. And none of the crazy female body shapes.
That is possible. They may just be seeing what works now. But I too hope to see more zord figures. As bad as some of the parts designs were like the legs, these were still some of the most detailed and IMO coolest megazord figures we've had. I personally love Dino and Astro Megazords. The body and arms always look the best, and Zeo's upper section looks good. Don't know about DT yet, but I was surprised to see how thick the megazord's leg was. Tight ball joints, too. Storm Megazord's are always loose. Also, I'm hoping they don't have BoA's hesitation about female rangers. Surprisingly, since Zeo they seems to be selling well. Either that or there really just weren't enough.
Dark storm is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2018, 08:13 PM #42
> Xenotome
🐈#1 Cats Stan Account🐈

Xenotome
🐈#1 Cats Stan Account🐈

Dark storm wrote: View Post

The other thing is, why do we need a head sculpt? That's a neat thing to do if you're into that kinda thing, I know some collectors like that. But as has been discussed so many times in the legacy threads, everyone would much rather have the appropriate weapons. Plus, people don't usually like how the ranger's human heads turn out.
That's the thing. Jason made it a point to say in terms of body sculpt, paint, accessories, weapons, & civilian heads you are not getting SOME of these you are getting ALL of these.
Xenotome is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old August 18th, 2018, 08:19 PM #43
> Dark storm
Power Ranger

Dark storm
Power Ranger

Xenotome wrote: View Post

That's the thing. Jason made it a point to say in terms of body sculpt, paint, accessories, weapons, & civilian heads you are not getting SOME of these you are getting ALL of these.
Well, I totally missed that somewhere in the script. Thanks for clearing that up. Neato
Dark storm is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2018, 08:35 PM #44
> DesignIncase
Power Ranger

DesignIncase
Power Ranger

Now RangerBoard doesn't represent the whole fanbase.
Head Sculpts are a way to further connect with a show. It's not just the ranger suit but the character in the suit. What's notice about the Hasbro heads is now the ranger can hold the helmet in their hands. I have a Black Panther figure and honestly that little feature is nifty.
Unlike Bandai though, we are getting the weapons.
It would be nice if they could combine but let me tell you. The Sentai CHEATS so much. Parts get shortened or rotate in ways they simply can't do. Some parts just magically appear.
DesignIncase is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2018, 08:40 PM #45
> Xenotome
🐈#1 Cats Stan Account🐈

Xenotome
🐈#1 Cats Stan Account🐈

DesignIncase wrote: View Post

It would be nice if they could combine but let me tell you. The Sentai CHEATS so much. Parts get shortened or rotate in ways they simply can't do. Some parts just magically appear.

And that's the truth. Push for having a combined version, but the wish for having weapons that combine is just a pipe dream not even the show can pull off.
Old August 18th, 2018, 08:53 PM #46
> andr0s81
100% Grade "A" Final Boss

4 eBay
andr0s81
100% Grade "A" Final Boss

4 eBay

Heck, even the weapons that don't change form when holstered get shrunk in the show. That's why I've never liked the Legacy Dragon Dagger (the one with the figure) because it's sized to accommodate the sheathed look, not the action look.

So I'll be the first to admit I owe Hasbro an apology, I was pretty wary of their collector oriented figures at first, but I love what I've seen. My only complaint is that he doesn't have a hinged up and down wrist. Either go with ball joints, or swap out the hinge because sword weilding character benefit from it so, so much. It took them forever to catch on to this in the Star Wars Black Series, but once they did the figures looked even better, and were more fun.
andr0s81 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2018, 09:08 PM #47
> TheDub
The One and Only

TheDub
The One and Only

its funny because a lot of legends figures have the up/down swivel that dont really need it but a sword weilding ranger would indeed benefit from it. Having said that they probably couldnt pull parts from other lines so starting from scratch thats to be expected. plus h does have swappable hands and this is clearly a prototype anyway.

Last edited by TheDub; July 21st, 2019 at 04:38 PM.
TheDub is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2018, 10:14 PM #48
> PanamaRanger
Twitter: @PanamaRanger

eBay
PanamaRanger
Twitter: @PanamaRanger

eBay

Man. How can I justify buying 19 figures AGAIN?! SO. PAINFUL.
PanamaRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2018, 10:19 PM #49
> LegandaryYin
Let The Mind Games Begin

LegandaryYin
Let The Mind Games Begin

wizard wrote: View Post

I am a little bummed to not see a Build-A-Figure aspect to the line, but, maybe that might be introduced later on in the line. But, I cannot complain with the weapons, accessories, and alternate heads they are boasting. And none of the crazy female body shapes.
Tbh I kinda hope there is no BAF because Id rather them put the money into the figure then to have to cut back on paint,details and accessories/hands/heads because they needed to put the money into making a BAF.
LegandaryYin is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old August 18th, 2018, 10:22 PM #50
> Zeo Cereal
slurp

Zeo Cereal
slurp

PanamaRanger wrote: View Post

Man. How can I justify buying 19 figures AGAIN?! SO. PAINFUL.
Only one of the upcoming figures is a confirmed retread of a Legacy releases.

It's an "anthology" series. For all we know, the first year will cover Beyond the Grid's team + Beast Morphers.

LegandaryYin wrote: View Post

Tbh I kinda hope there is no BAF because Id rather them put the money into the figure then to have to cut back on paint,details and accessories/hands/heads because they needed to put the money into making a BAF.
Some characters have few weapons. Most villains only have a single weapon. Omega Ranger has no weapon, and wouldn't be a hard sell without the civilian head. FX parts, which were listed as 'optional', would be his only accessories. That could present an opportunity to release smaller characters like R.I.C. or Mora, even if they don't do BAFs.

Then again, seeing how much was packed into Black Series R2, right out of the gate, makes me think R.I.C. would be better without compromise.

Last edited by Zeo Cereal; August 18th, 2018 at 10:32 PM.
Zeo Cereal is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2018, 10:30 PM #51
> kibapower
Unce! Unce! Unce!

kibapower
Unce! Unce! Unce!

LegandaryYin wrote: View Post

If they dip into Megazord figures, I'd rather leave them on their own line so they can get proper coverage. The Retrofire line would have sufficed if they allowed more paint and articulation (Jungle Pride Retrofire the shining example. Glad I own one.)
kibapower is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2018, 10:51 PM #52
> Gold Samurai
Power Ranger

Gold Samurai
Power Ranger

I feel sorry for the people that bought the 7 inch Legacy figures. They truly will be "Legacy" figures because once they're done that's it.

We didn't know how well Hasbro would handle the line. Looks like they've got enough resources and man power to pull off better stuff than Bandai could ever dream of.

It's a new and exciting time.

Ooh imagine a future megazord with elbow articulation and wrist articulation!
Gold Samurai is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2018, 10:52 PM #53
> Xenotome
🐈#1 Cats Stan Account🐈

Xenotome
🐈#1 Cats Stan Account🐈

Zeo Cereal wrote: View Post

Some characters have few weapons. Most villains only have a single weapon. Omega Ranger has no weapon, and wouldn't be a hard sell without the civilian head. FX parts, which were listed as 'optional', would be his only accessories. That could present an opportunity to release smaller characters like R.I.C. or Mora, even if they don't do BAFs.
I think when they said "optional" they were referring to them being removable. Not "We may do them or we may not."
Old August 18th, 2018, 10:55 PM #54
> Zeo Cereal
slurp

Zeo Cereal
slurp

Xenotome wrote: View Post

I think when they said "optional" they were referring to them being removable. Not "We may do them or we may not."
I assumed they were talking about limited runs, exclusives, etc. The weapons are also optional, in the sense you describe.

Not everyone is going to want a 'Time Strike' effects part, so they limit production. That's what I figured.
Zeo Cereal is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2018, 11:18 PM #55
> DesignIncase
Power Ranger

DesignIncase
Power Ranger

Gold Samurai wrote: View Post

I feel sorry for the people that bought the 7 inch Legacy figures. They truly will be "Legacy" figures because once they're done that's it.

!

You take this risk with any ongoing toy series. Also sans Ninjastorm, all the teams they have released so far will be completed. It wont be the last time a better version of a figure/character will be released.
DesignIncase is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2018, 11:27 PM #56
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

I said it over in Discussions, but oh man that looks SO good. Like...didn't expect something this good. What got me was the wrinkles in the suit. That kinda detail...wow. I can't wait to see what other figures look like, but this is incredibly promising. And I love having the civilian head as an option, it's a real nice touch.

Now, while these look good I'm still curious what their regular line will look like for the BM figures. Hopefully they're good while still matching a reasonable price point for that level of figure. But yeah...just looks so good!
Alitain is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2018, 12:15 AM #57
> GOUKI
Power Ranger

GOUKI
Power Ranger

Seems like this is gonna be the Power Rangers version of Marvel Legends, and Im looking forward to it after seeing this.

Head does not look that much like Tommy/JDF. Which makes me wonder if they are gonna try the same digital face printing(or whatever the correct term is) as they do for the movie Marvel Legends. Hasbro seems to have gotten that down packed now! Just look at the recent Infinity War waves movie figs: Black Widow, Thor, Dr Strange, Thanos(10 years version)Wasp, Capt America(10 years version). Actor likeness is near SPOT ON!!

Now I just wanna see Jason Red Ranger(a body sculpt without armor), Tommy Green! Those better be in the first wave!
And if they sell good and quick, Hasbro will probably be pumping out PR waves with the same quickness they do with Marvel Legends. Which could mean we may have a few complete teams within a year if they do it that way...
GOUKI is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2018, 12:49 AM #58
> a squad
Gettin Supercharged Up

a squad
Gettin Supercharged Up

I think a good first wave could be

Jason MM Red
Tommy MM White
TJ IS Blue
Jen TF Pink
Putty Patroller
Lord Zedd

Ya know start out with some of the most popular rangers and throw in an iconic foot soldier and villain to round the wave out.
a squad is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2018, 12:55 AM #59
> Judge Joker
Goodbye, bro!

Judge Joker
Goodbye, bro!

I only bought three legacy figures. Donít get me wrong, I really do love them for what they are, but I am very excited by this Lightning line. If Hasbro can actually oull this off and reach the far-flung aspects of this fandom beyond MMPR, Iíll rejoice. That said, I am going to do my best to keep my hopes in check.

*Gets all excited for RPM Gold and Silver, Samurai, Megaforce, Super Megaforce, Movie Rangers, Movie Rita, Movie Rita Ranger...*
Judge Joker is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2018, 01:07 AM #60
> AkaCornSnackEtc
Give Praise Unto Me

AkaCornSnackEtc
Give Praise Unto Me

I know they were just done by Bandai, but I need Dino Thunder.
AkaCornSnackEtc is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Tags
super epic legacy legends