Home Menu

Menu

Old August 18th, 2018, 02:33 PM #1
> ⚡Morgan Lamia
---[DekaModerator]---

Morgan Lamia
---[DekaModerator]---

Hasbro's Lightning Collection Info & Discussion

Initially revealed during Hasbro's toy panel at Power Morphicon 2018, the new Lightning Collection is a line of 6-inch action figures focusing on high detail and high articulation!
The line was first revealed via the MMPR White Ranger, which was then immediately revealed on the show floor inside the previously blacked-out mystery box display! Hasbro treated fans in attendance with a special video along with the announcement, which featured a great look at the figure and some of the behind the scenes process of putting it together!

First releasing in the US in Spring 2019 for $19.99, the Lightning Collection line will cover Rangers and villains from all of Power Rangers history, released in mixed waves.
These figures focus on being as accurate as possible, feature over 20 points of articulation, includes accessories, weapons, special effects pieces and even swappable "Photo Real" actor likenesses!

It’s Morphin Time! Introducing a new era of POWER RANGERS collectibles with Hasbro’s all-new POWER RANGERS LIGHTNING COLLECTION 6” Figures! The LIGHTNING COLLECTION features over two decades of iconic characters from this storied franchise, and Hasbro is excited to bring its own take to this premium line. The LIGHTNING COLLECTION’s highly-articulated, 6-inch figures will have best-in-class detailing and design and will feature Photo Real technology for realistic actor likenesses. Look for the collectible figures in this series, including MIGHTY MORPHIN WHTE RANGER, DINO CHARGE RED RANGER, MIGHTY MORPHIN LORD ZEDD, and POWER RANGERS S.P.D. SHADOW RANGER.

WAVE 1 - SPRING 2019

LIGHTNING COLLECTION
MIGHTY MORPHIN WHITE RANGER

Releases: Spring 2019 / Retail Price: $19.99

The WHITE RANGER Figure features over 20 points of articulation for high poseability and includes two different heads that can be swapped, one of the Ranger in his mask, and another unmasked as Tommy Oliver, as seen in the original MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS Series; figures also include swappable hands and 2 accessories.

LIGHTNING COLLECTION
MIGHTY MORPHIN LORD ZEDD

The LORD ZEDD Figure features over 20 points of articulation for high poseability and includes his staff, plus a growth bomb accessory that kids can imagine LORD ZEDD uses to turn the monsters into giant-sized enemies. The Emperor of Evil, LORD ZEDD arrives on Earth to punish Rita Repulsa after her failure to stop the POWER RANGERS. Determined to conquer Earth, ZEDD challenges the Rangers himself. LORD ZEDD also includes a swappable head & hands.

LIGHTNING COLLECTION
S.P.D. SHADOW RANGER

The S.P.D. SHADOW RANGER Figure features over 20 points of articulation for high poseability and features two different heads that can be swapped, one with his mask and helmet, and the other as Anubis Cruger; figures also include swappable hands and 2 accessories. When the Space Patrol Delta A-Squad mysteriously disappears, it's up to the B-Squad to become S.P.D. Rangers and protect the Earth from its alien enemies!

LIGHTNING COLLECTION
DINO CHARGE RED RANGER

The DINO CHARGE RED RANGER Figure features over 20 points of articulation for high poseability and includes two different heads that can be swapped, one of the Ranger in his mask, and another unmasked as Tyler Navarro from DINO CHARGE; figures also include swappable hands and 2 accessories. Powered by Energem crystals that had been left with prehistoric dinosaurs for safekeeping, the Dino Charge Rangers defend the Earth from interstellar outlaws. On a mission to find his father, Tyler Navarro instead finds the red Energem and becomes the Red Ranger. Bonded with the T-Rex Zord, Tyler leads the DINO CHARGE RANGERS.

WAVE 2 - FALL 2019

LIGHTNING COLLECTION
BEAST MORPHERS RED RANGER

Releases: Fall 2019 / Retail Price: $19.99

In the BEAST MORPHERS TV series, the laid-back Devon Daniels prefers a life of video games and no responsibility, but steps up as leader of the BEAST MORPHERS as the Cheetah-powered Red Ranger. The BEAST MORPHERS RED RANGER Figure includes two different heads that can be swapped - one of the Ranger in his helmet, and another without as Devon Daniels from BEAST MORPHERS.

LIGHTNING COLLECTION
MIGHTY MORPHIN GOLDAR

*GAMESTOP EXCLUSIVE*

Releases: Fall 2019 / Retail Price: $19.99

GOLDAR, the iconic villain and nemesis of the MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS crashes into the LIGHTNING COLLECTION with this premium figure from Hasbro. Inspired by Rita Repulsa's legendary, golden-armored warrior, this GOLDAR figure is highly poseable and includes a sword accessory and battle FX accessories. Available exclusively at GameStop.

Last edited by Morgan Lamia; February 20th, 2019 at 12:15 AM.
Morgan Lamia is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old August 18th, 2018, 02:51 PM #2
> The Magic Pie
マジカル パイ

The Magic Pie
マジカル パイ

Long live Hasbro. Killer of the Legacy.

Do you think we'll actually get EVERY Ranger this time?
The Magic Pie is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2018, 02:57 PM #3
> Cuchulainn
century color

Cuchulainn
century color

Hasbro certainly has the budget to do more Ranger figures than BoA ever did. I have a feeling we'll be getting a lot.
Cuchulainn is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2018, 03:01 PM #4
> PowerDigiDragon
Public Enemy Number #1

PowerDigiDragon
Public Enemy Number #1

wonder if it will be similar to hasbro's star wars black series
PowerDigiDragon is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2018, 03:03 PM #5
> kibapower
Unce! Unce! Unce!

kibapower
Unce! Unce! Unce!

Impressed by the civilian head sculpt, happy for what seems to be a butterfly arm joint, but I'm worried that the shields will get in the way like they always have. Hopefully the shields are malleable to move around
kibapower is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2018, 03:05 PM #6
> CryloBenAffleck
The Two-In-One Rider

eBay
CryloBenAffleck
The Two-In-One Rider

eBay

PowerDigiDragon wrote: View Post

wonder if it will be similar to hasbro's star wars black series
More Marvel Legends in nature I'd suspect. Minus a BAF it seems. Fine by me.
CryloBenAffleck is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2018, 03:06 PM #7
> AkaCornSnackEtc
Give Praise Unto Me

AkaCornSnackEtc
Give Praise Unto Me

The Legacy line as you know it is gone forever, in it's place emerges a new and more advanced collectors line, this is the Lightning Collection.
AkaCornSnackEtc is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old August 18th, 2018, 03:10 PM #8
> TheDub
The One and Only

TheDub
The One and Only

Finally a thread im on the first page of!!! Hasbro will make every ranger ever and most allies and a good deal of monsters, provided we keep buying the figures. If sales dont drop every single wave there no question we will get what bandai promised, just from hasbro.
TheDub is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2018, 03:13 PM #9
> PowerDigiDragon
Public Enemy Number #1

PowerDigiDragon
Public Enemy Number #1

CryloBen wrote: View Post

More Marvel Legends in nature I'd suspect. Minus a BAF it seems. Fine by me.
Ah,that line not bad either. Better then any thing Bandai has put out. I will being buy them for sure. Since they will only be around 20 bucks. I hope they do a Quantum Ranger toy. Also love to get my hands on vilians like Lord Zedd and Astronema.
PowerDigiDragon is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2018, 03:14 PM #10
> Rycor
Power Ranger

Rycor
Power Ranger

So very psyched for this...even if it means starting again, properly this time! (I know we've said that the last few times, but, ehh...we got there with the Soul of Chogokin megazords at least.)

For rangers played by multiple teens, I doubt we'd get dual heads (Jason & Rocky; Trini & Aisha; Zack & Adam; Karone & Kendrix) but for the MMPR lot at least would accept metallic armor or movie versions to get those. I was going to say an Astronoma fig but she already has 2 distinct looks as a baddie.

Can you hear the sound of hundreds of people cancelling their White figuart pre-order with the Tommy head?
Rycor is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2018, 03:20 PM #11
> TealMystechRanger
or AcceLOWorst

TealMystechRanger
or AcceLOWorst

Echoing the above sentiments - very glad to see a line like this! After Bandai scuppered the Legacy line's potential (at least to my standards), this looks really appealing and crammed with even more stuff than I would ask for. Here's hoping it continues to impress!
TealMystechRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2018, 03:23 PM #12
> The Magic Pie
マジカル パイ

The Magic Pie
マジカル パイ

Rycor wrote: View Post

So very psyched for this...even if it means starting again, properly this time! (I know we've said that the last few times, but, ehh...we got there with the Soul of Chogokin megazords at least.)

For rangers played by multiple teens, I doubt we'd get dual heads (Jason & Rocky; Trini & Aisha; Zack & Adam; Karone & Kendrix) but for the MMPR lot at least would accept metallic armor or movie versions to get those. I was going to say an Astronoma fig but she already has 2 distinct looks as a baddie.

Can you hear the sound of hundreds of people cancelling their White figuart pre-order with the Tommy head?
I was disheartened when I learned that Green and Red were "Event Exclusives" and even further disappointed when I saw they planned on charging $20 extra for a civilian head. Thanks to these though, the disappointment is almost non-existent.

I already own a set of MMPR and Shinkenger figuarts but if they plan every Ranger I'll be getting MMPR, Movie suits (if it happens), Alien, Zeo, Turbo, Space, Lost Galaxy, Samurai, Super Megaforce/Gokaiger, and Dino Charge.
The Magic Pie is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2018, 03:27 PM #13
> livemrcraig
Power Ranger

livemrcraig
Power Ranger

Glad to see Hasbro is doing exactly what I thought 5hey would with this new line.
livemrcraig is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2018, 03:29 PM #14
> a squad
Gettin Supercharged Up

a squad
Gettin Supercharged Up

Now THESE are figures I’ll be happy to lose money to.
a squad is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2018, 03:38 PM #15
> Fredotl
Power Ranger

eBay
Fredotl
Power Ranger

eBay

Ive been blown away by Hasbro's recent Marvel Legends, (MCU, X-men, Venom wave, Deadpool wave. actually 4 waves 4 weeks) and I feel that the way this White Ranger looks is on oar with those figures. So I couldn't be more excited. I personally do not want to see any MMPR weapons or morphers since we already got excellent versions of them, so hopefully that won't be a focus and we can move on to other series props.
Fredotl is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2018, 03:39 PM #16
> TealMystechRanger
or AcceLOWorst

TealMystechRanger
or AcceLOWorst

Some more photos of MMPR White from various angles. The body does feel kind of long... hoping that some other poses will alleviate that.

Also, there was a gag in the Legacy thread about Saba lacking the gold coin detail...

Looks like that's only on one side!
TealMystechRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2018, 03:48 PM #17
> a squad
Gettin Supercharged Up

a squad
Gettin Supercharged Up

Man that WR looks awesome but the one thing I love the most are the creases in his suit. It really makes the figure for me.
Old August 18th, 2018, 03:59 PM #18
> Judge Joker
Repulsive

Judge Joker
Repulsive

DarthKamen wrote: View Post

The Legacy line as you know it is gone forever, in it's place emerges a new and more advanced collectors line, this is the Lightning Collection.
Shit, does that mean we're downgrading in about a years time?
Judge Joker is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2018, 04:16 PM #19
> a squad
Gettin Supercharged Up

a squad
Gettin Supercharged Up

Judge Joker wrote: View Post

Shit, does that mean we're downgrading in about a years time?
Yeah but then afterwards we’ll have MANY great years ahead.
Old August 18th, 2018, 04:22 PM #20
> ⚡Morgan Lamia
---[DekaModerator]---

Morgan Lamia
---[DekaModerator]---

There really are some great details in the sculpt. Take a look at those gloves and sleeves...

Here's a look at the shoulders beneath that shield, btw:

Oh, and metallic gold paint is planned. :p

Morgan Lamia is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote