Old January 24th, 2018, 07:31 AM #1
> ⚡Taichi
Hero or Zero....

32 eBay
Taichi
Hero or Zero....

32 eBay

Legacy Toy Line Pt. V

Welcome to the Official Legacy Toy Line Discussion Thread Pt. V!

Previous Discussion Threads:
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4

Since there has been a lot of questions in the past about the Legacy zords, please be sure to check out this handy review made by member Zander Yurami! Very detailed and helpful thread!
Legacy Thunder Megazord Replacement Parts:
If you would like to replace the leg parts to rectify the Legacy Thunder Megazord's foward-leaning problem, you can kindly request free replacement parts from Bandai!
Contact Bandai America here: 714-816-9560
Contact Bandai UK here: https://www.bandai.co.uk/contact-us/

5" figures with muscular, heroic, & detailed design. 13 points of articulation. Includes 2 battle gear items.

Series 1: MMPR Red, MMPR Green, NS Red, NS Blue and NS Yellow
High-detailed figures! In the wake of Marvel Legends, comes an all new Legacy style era! Each core Ranger comes with an accessory and a Build-A-Megazord piece for that series!! The extra (6th Rangers) come with an addition accessory, no Build-A-Megazord piece.

Series 2: In Space Red, In Space Yellow, MMPR Black, MMPR Blue and MMPR Pink
High-detailed figures! In the wake of Marvel Legends, comes an all new Legacy style era! Each core Ranger comes with an accessory and a Build-A-Megazord piece for that series!! The extra (6th Rangers) come with an addition accessory, no Build-A-Megazord piece.

Series 3: MMPR White, MMPR Yellow, In Pink, In Space Blue, and In Space Black

2017 Movie Series (TRU Exclusive): Movie Red, Blue, Black, Pink Yellow and Alpha
High-detailed figures! In the wake of Marvel Legends, comes an all new Legacy style era! All Figures come with a Build-A-Megazord piece for the Movie Megazord!!

Metallic Series: Metallic Red, Blue, Black, Yellow and Pink
High-detailed figures! Instead of the Build-A-Megazord piece, each Ranger is metallic with their signature weapon!!

Series 4: PRZ Gold, PRZ Green, *PRZ Yellow*, PRDT Red, PRDT Blue
High-detailed figures! In the wake of Marvel Legends, comes an all new Legacy style era! Each core Ranger comes with an accessory and a Build-A-Megazord piece for that series!!
*Zeo Yellow has yet to be seen. Series arrangements right now are either not having her or replacing her with Zeo V Red*

Series 5: PRZ Red, PRZ Blue, *PRZ Pink*, PRDT Yellow, PRDT Black
High-detailed figures! In the wake of Marvel Legends, comes an all new Legacy style era! Each core Ranger comes with an accessory and a Build-A-Megazord piece for that series!!
*Zeo Pink has yet to be seen. This Series has been partially released in other countries NOT the USA*

Power up as the Red Ranger with this authentic Legacy Red Ranger helmet!! Fully painted and detailed like the show, this helmet is wearable for cosplay or any of the sort!!

On the heels of the movie comes the Legacy Movie Red Ranger Helmet!! Much like the original Red Ranger Helmet release, this is plastic and will fit a wide variety of sizes.

Power up as the Green Ranger with this authentic Legacy Green Ranger helmet!! Fully painted and detailed like the show, this helmet is wearable for cosplay or any of the sort!

Power up like the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers with the Legacy Communicator! This first-ever release of the original communicator includes die-cast metal parts and metallic paint. This highly detailed communicator features lights and sounds from the original Mighty Morphin Power Rangers series, as well as interchangeable colored bands.

Now you can be like Tommy with this Legacy Communicator - Tommy Oliver Edition! This first-ever release of the 6th Ranger's communicator includes die-cast metal parts and metallic paint. This highly detailed communicator features lights and sounds from the original Mighty Morphin Power Rangers series, as well as interchangeable colored bands.

This update of the classic Mighty Morphin Morpher features light, updated sound effects - including the original Mighty Morphin theme song, and five die cast power coins for the ultimate retro Power ranger experience.

The Legacy Power Morpher in a Green Ranger / White Ranger Edition features all of the detail from the original Mighty Morphin series, this Morpher features a die-cast housing, includes two die-cast power coins, show accurate lights, and sound effects , including the original Mighty Morphin theme song

The Legacy White Movie Power Morpher features all of the detail from the original Mighty Morphin movie as well as die-cast housing, includes two die-cast power coins, movie accurate lights, and sound effects.

It's Morphin' Time! When Ivan Ooze is accidentally released by some construction workers, the teenagers with attitude use their trusty Morphers to become the famous superheroes! This Mighty Morphin Power Rangers The Movie Legacy Edition Morpher Set features the Blue, Red, and Pink Ranger's Morphers, beautifully made of die-cast metal and plastic. Each morpher comes with two Power Coins.

Finally moving on to Zeo, coming soon is the Zeonizer!! Morpher of the Zeo Rangers and powered from the mighty Zeo Crystal, this device has lights and sounds and a dial to allow LED color changing!! Includes diecast and a matte finish paint.
*Available Soon*

Now in a unique display set, the Dino Coins in solid gold!! These fit the Legacy Morpher, but allow another treat. Instead of the weathered version like what came with the morphers, these are solid gold!

Fans wanted them, Bandai is going to finally deliver!!! These Ninja Coins are weathered like the Dino ones that came with the Morphers!!! Will come in a set like the Dino Coins!

Along with other movie releases, the movie coins feature fossilized versions of the coins, a special case and light-up function!!!

Green Ranger's Dragon Dagger from the Mighty Morphin Series, partial die-cast, lights and sounds from the original series.

This highly detailed die-cast replica features the signature tiger hilt that speaks show-accurate phrases, as well as other lights and sounds!

Take down the bad guys with the Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers Legacy Blade Blaster. This highly detailed replica features die-cast parts and sounds from the original TV series and morphs into three different modes.

Be prepared to take on the bad guys with this Legacy Red Ranger Power Sword!! With die-cast parts and sounds from the show nothing else quite compares!

Prepare for a Gold Rush! Wait... wrong series.... but still. Power up with the Zeo Gold Ranger's Golden Power Staff!! Featuring lights and sounds, with opening face and authentic closed and open positions!! Unfortunately the staff will not allow you to transfer the power nor split you into triplets.
*Available Soon*

The Legacy Power Morpher in a Green Ranger / White Ranger Edition features all of the detail from the original Mighty Morphin series, this Morpher features a die-cast housing, includes two die-cast power coins, show accurate lights, and sound effects , including the original Mighty Morphin theme song. Chrome 24K version sold only at SDCC 2013

Green Ranger's Dragon Dagger from the Mighty Morphin Series, partial die-cast, lights and sounds from the original series. Comes with holster. Sold only at SDCC 2014!

This highly detailed die cast replica features the signature tiger hilt that speaks show-accurate phrases, as well as other lights and sounds! Offered in a sleek Black & Gold scheme. Sold only at SDCC 2015!

Take down the bad guys with the Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers Legacy Blade Blaster. This highly detailed replica features die-cast parts and sounds from the original TV series and morphs into three different modes. Coated in a Black and Gold finish, this items was only sold at SDCC 2016!

This Legacy Red Ranger is just like the normal, but with a twist! With a translucent plastic for the body, two extra accessories in the shape of the Power Sword and Megazord's Power Sword, and collector packaging, this could only be found at SDCC 2016!

Available only from Entertainment Earth, this version of the Legacy Communicator offered collector packaging, die-cast parts and interchangeable bands! Plays clips and sounds from the show! Only available at SDCC 2016!

Available from SDCC 2017 only comes the Gold Ranger Communicator. With die-cast parts, collector packaging and lights and sounds, you can now feel the power of the Gold Ranger!!

Only available at NYCC 2016!!! This unique Movie Version Red Ranger offers a slight translucent plastic, Power Coin and Exclusive Packaging!!!

Available only at Power Morphincon 2016, this Build-A-Megazord received special treatment! Clad in Black and Gold and with it's own collector packaging, this is a must have for any Mighty Morphin fan!

Only available at Bandai's SDCC 2017 booth!! A special set for Tommy and his "Fighting Spirit" episode from Dino Thunder includes packaging featuring his Black Dino Thunder form, with figures in metallic/translucent plastic of Green Ranger (Silver Stripe), White Ranger and Red Zeo V!!!

This new version of the Megazord retains all of the details of the original and improves it by including diecast metal pieces within each individual Dino Zord.

Green Ranger's Dragonzord from the Mighty Morphin series. Partial die-cast, can combine with Legacy Mighty Morphin 1st Megazord to create show accurate combination.

This new version of Titanus retains all of the details of the original and improves it by including die cast metal parts, metallic paint, and enhanced articulation.

The classic Mighty Morphin Power Rangers White TigerZord can finally be part of your collection! As part of the Legacy Megazord line, this White TigerZord features some die-cast parts, metallic paint, and enhanced articulation.

This new version of the Megazord retains all of the details of the original and improves it by including diecast metal pieces within each individual Dino Zord but is offered in a beautiful Black & Gold coloring.

This new version of Green Ranger's Dragonzord from the Mighty Morphin features partial die-cast pieces and can combine with Legacy Mighty Morphin 1st Megazord to create show accurate combination. Offered in a beautiful Black & Gold Coloring.

Defeat evil with the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Legacy Thunder Megazord! By harnessing the "power of thunder", Zordon and Alpha 5 transformed the Power Rangers' original Dinozords into more powerful Thunderzords. This Legacy edition of the Thunder Megazord can be separated into the give individual Zords, or combine together to form the colossal Thunder Megazord!

Bring back the thrill of the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers with the Legacy Falconzord! First released in 1995 as a part of the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers toy line, this new version of the Falconzord retains all of the details of the original and improves it by including die-cast metal pieces and metallic paint details.

It's time to call forth the power of the ninja! The Legacy Ninja Megazord takes the original and amps it up! High detail with new molds, paint and die-cast, the Ninja Megazord separates into it's 5 zords and can combine with the Legacy Falconzord to create the Ninja MegaFalconzord!!

To go with the other Black and Gold Zords, Titanus comes rolling along!! Finished in Black and Gold, this one is set to make your collection complete by combining with Black and Gold Megazord and Dragonzord to make the Ultrazord!!!

These incredible detailed Ranger masks have been created in commemoration of the momentous 20th Anniversary of the Power Rangers. Straight from the original Mighty Morphin Power Rangers series these six masks are exact replicas of the ones worn by those original Ranger. The set features the masks of the Red, Black, Blue, Yellow, Pink and Green Rangers on a reduced scale. The masks come on a unique display stand.

In the new line-up of Legacy comes 1:4 helmets based on MMPR! White Ranger and Red Ranger are first and feature incredible detail!
*Other releases have been reported*

Starting a new line of Zords, Bandai has taken cues from Imaginext and are making Legacy Zords! These do not combine, but are more articulated versions that come with a small Ranger figure!!
*Mastodon has been shown. Astro Megaship has been rumored*

Relive your youth by purchasing the Legacy Auto Morphin figures! These are re-releases of the original figures down to the package card! Presented in Legacy Collection packaging to protect the item add these to your collection today!!
*Black, Yellow and Blue have been reported for release at a later date*

Last edited by Taichi; January 25th, 2018 at 08:06 AM.
Taichi is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2018, 07:32 AM #2
> ⚡Taichi
Hero or Zero....

32 eBay
Taichi
Hero or Zero....

32 eBay

Well, lets start this off with a bang... list of TRU stores closing in 2018.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...st/1060761001/
Old January 24th, 2018, 07:58 AM #3
> TheTerrorToad87
Mmm...Power Rangers....

eBay
TheTerrorToad87
Mmm...Power Rangers....

eBay

We knew this was coming, just wish the ones that aren't closing would get some new inventory.
TheTerrorToad87 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2018, 08:00 AM #4
> CryloBenAffleck
The Two-In-One Rider

eBay
CryloBenAffleck
The Two-In-One Rider

eBay

As much as I've been tearing into this line, found the Dino Thunder boys today for under $8 each so I bought em with a gift card I had found 2 weeks ago.
CryloBenAffleck is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2018, 08:16 AM #5
> HezMania
Power Ranger

HezMania
Power Ranger

This really sucks for me -- I'd be OK with one closing, but BOTH are closing here in Iowa. ugh...
HezMania is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2018, 08:31 AM #6
> cleanuphtr15
Power Ranger

cleanuphtr15
Power Ranger

Worth noted that one of the ones listed in my general area is a BRU, not a TRU. The list appears to be both.
cleanuphtr15 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2018, 08:52 AM #7
> bearytrek
Power Ranger

bearytrek
Power Ranger

zeo red ranger at Walgreens...third time I've seen him...

Green Zeo on the other hand has been pretty scarce, though I did see him a couple times, once at Target...
bearytrek is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2018, 08:53 AM #8
> ⚡Taichi
Hero or Zero....

32 eBay
Taichi
Hero or Zero....

32 eBay

cleanuphtr15 wrote: View Post

Worth noted that one of the ones listed in my general area is a BRU, not a TRU. The list appears to be both.
Good to know! My store here in Joplin is both... and safe... which is good cause it's one of the largest in the area. Bigger than KC and Springfield. Glad the one in Springfield isn't closing as I go there from time to time to check things out as well.

Updating the photos and all that jazz... still have a few things to go, but I'm making headway.
Old January 24th, 2018, 08:58 AM #9
> BigMDtheSequel
Power Ranger

BigMDtheSequel
Power Ranger

First thing I saw when I woke up this morning was a text from my mom that the TRU near me was closing. I was bummed, but then checked a list of the stores closing. The address was listed on the other cross street from the one the store uses as its address (it's at the corner of Bluemound and Moorland in Brookfield, WI. Its address is listed on Moorland Rd). Then I remembered there's a standalone Babies R Us about half a mile up Bluemound road. That's the one that's closing. I was relieved. It never really made sense to me why there was a standalone BRU so close to the TRU, which is a combination TRU/BRU (it even has a BRU logo on the front of the store next to the TRU one), as many TRU locations seem to be these days.

But, whatever, my closest TRU locations are staying open. So that's cool.
BigMDtheSequel is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2018, 08:58 AM #10
> Dino_Ranger_White
White Ranger_Dino Power!

Dino_Ranger_White
White Ranger_Dino Power!

Wow, losing three stores I have regularly hunted at, one of which is
only 10 minutes from my house

Stupid TRU.
Dino_Ranger_White is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2018, 08:59 AM #11
> TheDub
The One and Only

TheDub
The One and Only

Nooooooooo!!! Theyre vlosing the 1 store i dont have to drive an hour to get to!!!!! I guess it could be worse though....at least i still have the 1 an hour away.
TheDub is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2018, 09:16 AM #12
> TheSentaiGuy
making idiocy an art form

TheSentaiGuy
making idiocy an art form

Taichi wrote: View Post

Well, lets start this off with a bang... list of TRU stores closing in 2018.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...st/1060761001/
Nooooooooooooo mine is on the list! But they just put up that whole high end Figuarts and other collectables section, so I thought mine was safe. Man, I've been going to that TRU since I was 5, this is actually kind of sad. Oh well, but it just got a lot harder for me to get Legacy stuff...oh shit and waaaaay harder to get Dragon Ball Super figures, perfect.
TheSentaiGuy is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2018, 09:19 AM #13
> Kylash327
PlasticGeek

Kylash327
PlasticGeek

Before anyone feels too sorry for TRU, a reminder that their CEO's had to be given a 14million bonus to have motivation to save the company.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...out/925447001/

"the insolvent retailer can pay its 17 top executives $14 million in incentive bonuses.....to make $5 million of the bonus payout contingent on the company creating a business plan that allows it to emerge from bankruptcy."

You'd think going out of business would be incentive enough to try to fix things, but instead they're cutting stores and giving themselves checks.
Kylash327 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2018, 09:41 AM #14
> TheDub
The One and Only

TheDub
The One and Only

Wow. Tru has has always been super shady, but this is a new low.
TheDub is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2018, 09:50 AM #15
> Falcon6
Its time to d-d-d-d-dduel

eBay
Falcon6
Its time to d-d-d-d-dduel

eBay

Mines closing too, and its OUR ONLY ONE. Its the 2nd largest city in the state, so youd think it would be safe. Fucking hell, thanks Fort Smith. Gsegfhstrjhergsfdggfgsvbhrs;jlh
Falcon6 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2018, 10:14 AM #16
> rocky505
Writer of PRLW

rocky505
Writer of PRLW

I'm relieved that one of the nearest ones to me will stay open, but I'm pissed that they chose the nicer of the two to shut down...
rocky505 is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2018, 10:14 AM #17
> Gold Ranger
aka TokuChris

Gold Ranger
aka TokuChris

Regarding the TRU closures announcement.

Remember, the announcement of a Toys'R'Us Chapter 11 bankruptcy was leaked before the company officially filed. The reason it was going to file was to stop creditors from coming after the company and putting holds on their accounts. If that had happened before the filing, Mattel, Hasbro, Jakks Pacific, and even Bandai would have been able to freeze their assets until payment for product had been received. When the report leaked, the current Toys'R'Us CEO stated that creditors scrambled to try and get payment before a filing could happen. The reason that is, is because Chapter 11 stops creditors from being able to do just that. Because of that, Toys'R'Us had to file earlier than they had expected and blame that early filing (and the leak itself) on the fact it had pretty bad holiday season returns at its stores.

These store closures are partly due to leases with the land the stores are on. Unfavorable leases (ie: any coming up on renewal/termination) as well as under-performing or negative cash flow stores (ie: low to no profit stores) were put on the chopping block. However, last week Toys'R'Us had to file an extension of the Chapter 11 (they get 3 months after filing to determine whether or not they will liquidate any assets) because they wanted to focus on the holiday season and assess the numbers. They were granted that extension through April 16th. So these stores will begin liquidation on February 1st and to close no later than April 16th.

There is a good possibility that the lack of a Legacy Shogun Megazord reveal is due to the fact that no retailer wants it. It is likely a $200+ item and Toys'R'Us does not have the cash flow to be able to spend that type of money on the item at this time, nor would Bandai accept anything but payment up front for such an item or risk having taking a major loss on it. I mean, would YOU want to get a piece of paper from a company currently in bankruptcy that has already stopped paying you for your product that they promise they will pay you later for something?

"Hey guys - so we want to carry your item. And we want to pay you. And we promise that we will. And if we can't, we'll file for bankruptcy Chapter 7 and then you're just kind of screwed because you won't get any money from us period".

That's just speculation - but seeing as how no other retailer wants the Legacy Megazord items there may be a sliver of truth to it.
Gold Ranger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2018, 10:36 AM #18
> Kylash327
PlasticGeek

Kylash327
PlasticGeek

Barnes N Noble seems to want them, ive seen Dragonzord, Thunderzord and Ninja Megazord there.
Kylash327 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2018, 10:43 AM #19
> RedRanger87
Somewhere on KO-35

RedRanger87
Somewhere on KO-35

Kylash327 wrote: View Post

Barnes N Noble seems to want them, ive seen Dragonzord, Thunderzord and Ninja Megazord there.
I know they've clearanced Ninja Megazord. Can't find anything about Dragonzord or Thunder Megazord being clearanced. B&N is more of a last resort than anything. I can't imagine them wanting to sink the money for Shogun Megazord if they're clearancing previous releases.
RedRanger87 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2018, 10:43 AM #20
> cleanuphtr15
Power Ranger

cleanuphtr15
Power Ranger

Gold Ranger wrote: View Post

Regarding the TRU closures announcement.

Remember, the announcement of a Toys'R'Us Chapter 11 bankruptcy was leaked before the company officially filed. The reason it was going to file was to stop creditors from coming after the company and putting holds on their accounts. If that had happened before the filing, Mattel, Hasbro, Jakks Pacific, and even Bandai would have been able to freeze their assets until payment for product had been received. When the report leaked, the current Toys'R'Us CEO stated that creditors scrambled to try and get payment before a filing could happen. The reason that is, is because Chapter 11 stops creditors from being able to do just that. Because of that, Toys'R'Us had to file earlier than they had expected and blame that early filing (and the leak itself) on the fact it had pretty bad holiday season returns at its stores.

These store closures are partly due to leases with the land the stores are on. Unfavorable leases (ie: any coming up on renewal/termination) as well as under-performing or negative cash flow stores (ie: low to no profit stores) were put on the chopping block. However, last week Toys'R'Us had to file an extension of the Chapter 11 (they get 3 months after filing to determine whether or not they will liquidate any assets) because they wanted to focus on the holiday season and assess the numbers. They were granted that extension through April 16th. So these stores will begin liquidation on February 1st and to close no later than April 16th.

There is a good possibility that the lack of a Legacy Shogun Megazord reveal is due to the fact that no retailer wants it. It is likely a $200+ item and Toys'R'Us does not have the cash flow to be able to spend that type of money on the item at this time, nor would Bandai accept anything but payment up front for such an item or risk having taking a major loss on it. I mean, would YOU want to get a piece of paper from a company currently in bankruptcy that has already stopped paying you for your product that they promise they will pay you later for something?

"Hey guys - so we want to carry your item. And we want to pay you. And we promise that we will. And if we can't, we'll file for bankruptcy Chapter 7 and then you're just kind of screwed because you won't get any money from us period".

That's just speculation - but seeing as how no other retailer wants the Legacy Megazord items there may be a sliver of truth to it.
They've announced the Zeo morpher and Golden Power Staff. I don't think this is the reason we haven't seen Shogun.
cleanuphtr15 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote