Home Menu

Menu

Old February 3rd, 2015, 02:57 PM #21
> NikkiVuitton
Power Ranger

NikkiVuitton
Power Ranger

I havent bought any YETT but the only ones i want are #1 Rosealina #2 Magaman #3 Pacman......anyone see a extra roseie pick her up ill pay ya
NikkiVuitton is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2015, 03:00 PM #22
> WhiteMystechRanger
Lets get Mystechal

WhiteMystechRanger
Lets get Mystechal

I managed to find 2 Villagers. One in ARGOS and the other when the Nintendo online store had a restock of them. I also saw 2 WiiFit trainers in my local GAME the same day I got Rosalina, but they already mark up the prices to 15 instead of 10.99 so it didn't seem worth it to pick up one for a future trade.

Due to the mad rush during December I figured I should just get the second one from ARGOS just in case I could use it as leverage to get Little Mac or a future rare amiibo. Still haven't been lucky enough to find someone in the UK with an unopened Little Mac or something for trade. Hopefully soon though, I do want to 'collect them all' as such, but really at this point I would be perfectly content if Ness was the last one I ever managed to get my hands on.

I'm simply addicted to them, I love how Nintendo have embraced affordable figures of characters I love. Seriously, a Ness figure? Childhood made.
WhiteMystechRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2015, 03:41 PM #23
> Kaiyani
Morphinominal

Kaiyani
Morphinominal

Citrus wrote: View Post

Future Shop burnt me badly last night. Promises Rosalina 'shortly' after 12 am PST, only to not code the item properly and for it to not show up in searches. Best Buy's showed up but wouldn't link to the item's page.

I just want my space waifu.
You and me both. I was up until 630am refreshing and searching and got nothing. I was exhausted so I went to sleep only to wake up and find that Best Buy put her up at roughly 8am my time. Definitely not "shortly after 12am PST"
Kaiyani is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2015, 04:34 PM #24
> ⚡Lord Zedd
Blah

32 eBay
Lord Zedd
Blah

32 eBay

Internutt wrote: View Post

EDIT: If the first post is edited, could we get this turned into an amiibo general thread?
All done

Everyone, feel free to post collections and any sort of news!
Lord Zedd is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2015, 04:39 PM #25
> Cinci
VIP Rider

Cinci
VIP Rider

Midnight_Fox wrote: View Post

Quite the opposite, actually, at least in the US. Nintendo is aware of the popularity, but according to both major retail chain managers and smaller store owners, there's currently no plan to reprint the earlier waves or fix the shortpacking "issues". Most stores I've talked to can't order Wave 1 at all anymore.

In short, everything is working as intended.

Ouchies wouchies. I thought you were full of it to begin with then I did some research. So my chances of getting any of wave 2 and 3 (especially Rosalina) are pretty much if not 0% now Plus on top of that they are changing the format for the next batch to regular Mario Brothers, without the Smash Bros look and feel to them If I knew that I probably wouldn't have even gotten wave one Whelp, if things do go this gloom doom route then I might as well start a thread in the marketplace

I also may be the stupid weirdo here, but as a business major I can't see how that's working out as intended. Since I have 0% chance of getting the full set, especially since an entire set isn't that many, I will not further purchase the line. I would've thought that shortpacking certain ones in an early wave and releasing them later would keep the hunt going and then interest up. Oh wellerz, I'll go back to my skylanders

But, alas, I'm sticking to my theory of us seeing more of them even in the future, even Rosalina

Last edited by Cinci; February 3rd, 2015 at 04:47 PM.
Cinci is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2015, 04:52 PM #26
> Midnight_Fox
Power Ranger

eBay
Midnight_Fox
Power Ranger

eBay

Cinci wrote: View Post

Ouchies wouchies. I thought you were full of it to begin with then I did some research.
Yeah, it was hard for me to believe at first, too, but I heard it from stores I worked for and people I worked with that I trust, as well as from store owners that have helped me obtain hard to find items in the past. On top of that were the reports from places like Destructoid that were corroborating the info I was getting.

I too hope that Nintendo does another run of the rarer figures/characters even if they're new molds.
Midnight_Fox is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2015, 06:22 PM #27
> NeoTK
xoxo Gossip Girl

NeoTK
xoxo Gossip Girl

I have an extra Lucario and Rosalina. I was hoping to trade both towards a Shulk and Meta Knight if any RangerBoarders here could help me out. Both are the North American versions new in box :3
NeoTK is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2015, 04:05 AM #28
> Random
The Lizard Queen

Random
The Lizard Queen

Quite the opposite, actually, at least in the US. Nintendo is aware of the popularity, but according to both major retail chain managers and smaller store owners, there's currently no plan to reprint the earlier waves or fix the shortpacking "issues". Most stores I've talked to can't order Wave 1 at all anymore.

In short, everything is working as intended.
Of course they aren't reprinting earlier waves, how could they? They're currently releasing new sets of these things every 1-2 months WORLDWIDE. They aren't shortpacking or creating artificial demand, there's just no way for them to keep up if they keep releasing new waves.

We'll probably see them go back and release sets of the most popular characters once they've got through everything. I really wouldn't worry about it. The amount of people getting upset and raging on certain online communities is just ridiculous.
Random is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2015, 06:06 AM #29
> rquinain
トッキュ6号トッキュ6号。。。?

32 eBay
rquinain
トッキュ6号トッキュ6号。。。?

32 eBay

About time for an Amiibo thread!

Anyway, I'm all caught up with wave 1 and 2, EXCEPT for Little Mac. Should not have trusted Toys R Us with their silly pre-order system.

Wave 3... most of which I pre-ordered on Amazon. Shulk, I have a pre-order for at Gamestop, and I might check today to see if it came in yet.

Most of the US exclusives, I had to import from Japan. Honestly, if I can get those Amiibos for under $30, even if I have to import them, I'm happy. So for now, I have every wave accounted for in some form.
rquinain is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2015, 06:48 AM #30
> Midnight_Fox
Power Ranger

eBay
Midnight_Fox
Power Ranger

eBay

Random wrote: View Post

Of course they aren't reprinting earlier waves, how could they? They're currently releasing new sets of these things every 1-2 months WORLDWIDE. They aren't shortpacking or creating artificial demand, there's just no way for them to keep up if they keep releasing new waves.
Yet other manufacturers do it all the time and are working under the same release schedules. When this sort of thing happened to Hasbro last year, they actually delayed new waves to reprint a past wave. And the hungry masses thanked them for it.

Just because Nintendo doesn't do anything about it doesn't mean nothing can be done.
Midnight_Fox is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2015, 08:24 AM #31
> dBryYes!man
Yes! Yes! Yes!

dBryYes!man
Yes! Yes! Yes!

Nintendo didn't anticipate the demand. They were blown away because of how many sold. It's not a matter of if they can pump some of the harder ones to find out, it's that they need to. They can do it and Mattel/Hasbro are living proof of it. I still remember people trying to get $60 for Legends Black Widow. Now, you're luck to get $25. Same thing with some WWE wrestlers. Companies are slowly catching on to higher demands and resellers.
dBryYes!man is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2015, 12:54 PM #32
> ⚡Morgan Lamia
---[DekaModerator]---

Morgan Lamia
---[DekaModerator]---

Serves me right for being slow. I was going to make an Amiibo thread with images and everything XD

My Amiibo going is going ok I guess. I've been having trouble with finding some, just like everyone else. I'll snap a pic later but here's my current collection:

Wave 1: Peach, Donkey Kong, Link, Fox, Samus, Pikachu
Wave 2: Diddy Kong, Zelda, Captain Falcon
Wave 3: Bowser

Originally when Amiibos were first announced, I immediately decided that I was definitely going to buy every single one... Eventually I decided to only get ones I really want because man, that cost really adds up. Not to mention storage space issues too.
Out of the others that I still need, Wii Fit Trainer, Villager and Rosalina are the most elusive ones for me.

The quality of them has been pretty perfect for me luckily. The only real problem I've noticed on mine is a really sloppy paint app on one of Fox's gloves. I'm happy that it's been going so well other than that.
Morgan Lamia is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2015, 01:20 PM #33
> bluebaron
Power Ranger

bluebaron
Power Ranger

Whos ready for the gold and silver Mario amiibo...
bluebaron is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2015, 01:42 PM #34
> Random
The Lizard Queen

Random
The Lizard Queen

Yet other manufacturers do it all the time and are working under the same release schedules. When this sort of thing happened to Hasbro last year, they actually delayed new waves to reprint a past wave. And the hungry masses thanked them for it.

Just because Nintendo doesn't do anything about it doesn't mean nothing can be done.
Hasbro don't release things worldwide or at this pace, unless you're talking about something I haven't heard about. Their figures aren't even usually released in Europe until months after the US.

I definitely think they should slow down and do some re-releases before the next wave, but that doesn't mean they're intentionally making characters rare or that it'll be impossible to get certain figures in the future.
Random is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2015, 01:47 PM #35
> Zapdos560
Gokai Change, ZAPDOS!

Zapdos560
Gokai Change, ZAPDOS!

bluebaron wrote: View Post

Whos ready for the gold and silver Mario amiibo...
Oh god I saw those. Please nooooooo.
Zapdos560 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2015, 03:44 PM #36
> dBryYes!man
Yes! Yes! Yes!

dBryYes!man
Yes! Yes! Yes!

I just don't understand why they're releasing another Mario, Peach, Bowser, etc. again even though they are going to be a new sculpt. I hope Nintendo doesn't oversaturate the market because that's going to kill this for Skylanders and Infinity. It's one thing to see a new Spyro every year for each game that came out but having the same character within a few months is ridiculous. I can already see what's about to happen. I like these Amiibo too but it's only a matter of time.
Old February 4th, 2015, 04:28 PM #37
> dekablue25
db25 from ranger review

dekablue25
db25 from ranger review

Nintendo is making cash off these things they are very popular...the other issue is all the known ones are the harder to get ones like pit, captain falcon, little mac and the exclusives will be a pain in the ass
dekablue25 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2015, 04:54 PM #38
> WhiteMystechRanger
Lets get Mystechal

WhiteMystechRanger
Lets get Mystechal

https://cdn2.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/beU...amiibo.0.0.jpg

The variants in question.

The scalping is real.

Last edited by WhiteMystechRanger; February 4th, 2015 at 05:04 PM.
WhiteMystechRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2015, 05:16 PM #39
> ShadowThePika
Whatever...

ShadowThePika
Whatever...

dBryYes!man wrote: View Post

I just don't understand why they're releasing another Mario, Peach, Bowser, etc. again even though they are going to be a new sculpt. I hope Nintendo doesn't oversaturate the market because that's going to kill this for Skylanders and Infinity. It's one thing to see a new Spyro every year for each game that came out but having the same character within a few months is ridiculous. I can already see what's about to happen. I like these Amiibo too but it's only a matter of time.
ATLEAST Skylanders, each new one is one with a different power up, or a specific holiday variant. With these so far, they do nothing functionally different than the ones for Smash, besides look better than the Smash ones, being more in the mario style. I like these better, and if i were to buy Amiibo i'd probably get the MP variants instead, but i do admit it can be seen as oversaturation. Then again, there's huge supply/demand for Amiibo. imagine if they announced Rosalina in Mario Party 10, then everyone would be so much happier, or the scalping would go back up. They sell, bottom line.

Also, there's no way to get a toad amiibo, unless you want a one-off Amiibo that doesn't look like any other line. This way it opens them up to more amiibo from different franchises.
ShadowThePika is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2015, 07:53 PM #40
> dBryYes!man
Yes! Yes! Yes!

dBryYes!man
Yes! Yes! Yes!

I'm not saying they're not popular but why wouldn't they be? They have Nintendo characters and of course they are going to be hot sellers. But it's just a matter time before this turns into the Rock Band/Guitar Hero fiasco.

The one thing I can say that's good is Activision is learning from it's Guitar Hero mistakes. They have released 4 games in 4 years. They were pumping 2-3 Guitar Hero games every 6 months.