Home Menu

Menu

Old March 9th, 2016, 12:16 PM #41
> Garrek45
Power Ranger

Garrek45
Power Ranger

Stuntastik30 wrote: View Post

I see what happened, the other sticker was applied to the other side of the handle for some odd reason....guess it was an assembly mishap. At least he got the sticker and can fix it.

http://i867.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps6th5bfef.png
Wow, how does that even happen? Well, I know how it happened, but still. How?

Kalel wrote: View Post

Nah, I don't like the brushed metal plates either. I prefer the V1 plates over all the others. They weren't full chromed, but they weren't brushed either. I also just bought another Legacy Morpher to replace my original one as it has the old electronics. I may keep the old one and just get some labels for that to be a buckler. Would be very cool if I could find someone to make custom electronics to actualize my expectations for the buckler and put them in place of the old ones.
When I say brushed metal I am referring to the standard Core 5 legacy morpher.
I guess sand blasted might be more accurate?

the point being, people buy Starlight Gold Plates, replace the originals, stick the originals in a box somewhere.
I'm sure someone would be more then happy to sell their plates to you and then a label from BD15 and you have a nonchrome Artisan Dino Buckler.

I don't know much about electronics, maybe Stunt could point you in a direction.
Garrek45 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2016, 12:42 PM #42
> Stuntastik30
VIP Rider

Stuntastik30
VIP Rider

Garrek45 wrote: View Post

I don't know much about electronics, maybe Stunt could point you in a direction.
Unfortunately I won't be of much help. Can't really do real sound mods yet.

This is as far as I got in terms of making Zyuranger electronics.

VIDEO EXAMPLE

I was able to nail the coin insert sound and the changing sound was similar to the show but ultimately scraped the project.
Stuntastik30 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2016, 12:56 PM #43
> Garrek45
Power Ranger

Garrek45
Power Ranger

VIDEO EXAMPLE

I was able to nail the coin insert sound and the changing sound was similar to the show but ultimately scraped the project.
Might be easier to mod a buckler, it already has all the sounds, would just have to mod the long hold henshin with the theme.

Though I don't know if that is even possible.
I honestly haven't a clue how any of this works.
Old March 9th, 2016, 12:57 PM #44
> RedRanger87
Somewhere on KO-35

RedRanger87
Somewhere on KO-35

Wow, how does that even happen? Well, I know how it happened, but still. How?
Same way how I got a Kyoryu Red key without the chest being painted. Lack of or mistake on QC. Granted there were tons of them produced so it's bound to happen....
RedRanger87 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2016, 12:58 PM #45
> ⚡Taichi
Hero or Zero....

32 eBay
Taichi
Hero or Zero....

32 eBay

VIDEO EXAMPLE

Can't do real mods... pfft... lol!!!

So, does anyone want me to compile the images in here like I did for the Legacy Thread? That way we know what's been released or upcoming? I'm so far out of the loop on this that I'll really need a good strong list of what's been released so far.

Not only that, but because this thread wasn't started by a Mod... there might be some issues with updating this thread... unless we make specifically a Artisan Discussion Thread that incorporates it all, then merge them.

Actually, Morgan, what do you think about it? I know you and I both do the Photoshop thing... didn't know if you had already started something for this or not?
Taichi is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2016, 01:07 PM #46
> Garrek45
Power Ranger

Garrek45
Power Ranger

RedRanger87 wrote: View Post

Same way how I got a Kyoryu Red key without the chest being painted. Lack of or mistake on QC. Granted there were tons of them produced so it's bound to happen....
The Dino Buckler is a premium item with "only" 5000 made.
You would think they would give them a once over at the end.
It might cost them a bit more money...but frankly if bandai can make a profit off of $50 here then there should certainly be some slack at $140ish without a retailer taking a cut.
Old March 9th, 2016, 01:36 PM #47
> RedRanger87
Somewhere on KO-35

RedRanger87
Somewhere on KO-35

Taichi wrote: View Post

Can't do real mods... pfft... lol!!!

So, does anyone want me to compile the images in here like I did for the Legacy Thread? That way we know what's been released or upcoming? I'm so far out of the loop on this that I'll really need a good strong list of what's been released so far.

Not only that, but because this thread wasn't started by a Mod... there might be some issues with updating this thread... unless we make specifically a Artisan Discussion Thread that incorporates it all, then merge them.

Actually, Morgan, what do you think about it? I know you and I both do the Photoshop thing... didn't know if you had already started something for this or not?
Yeah, images would be great! Here's a list to get you started on what's been released so far.

Zyuranger

Dino Buckler
Guardian Beast Medal Set

Shinkenger
Shinken-Oh

Toqger
Cryner Robo
Chogokin Toq-Oh
Light Rail Tracks

Ninninger
Shinobimaru
Rodeomaru

Garrek45 wrote:
The Dino Buckler is a premium item with "only" 5000 made.
You would think they would give them a once over at the end.
It might cost them a bit more money...but frankly if bandai can make a profit off of $50 here then there should certainly be some slack at $140ish without a retailer taking a cut.
Agreed. I had to buy a chest sticker for my Kyoryu Red key. Sticks out like a sore thumb amongst the rest of the keys. I would have returned the key, buy the middle man said I had to return the whole set if I wanted a replacement. Opted not to do that.
RedRanger87 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2016, 01:40 PM #48
> Xephon0930
Power Ranger

eBay
Xephon0930
Power Ranger

eBay

Really, with the videos of the Artisan Dino Buckler, it only further solidifies the mentality that Sentai is the lesser sibling of Kamen Rider. That in it of itself would not bother me so much if the products made for Sentai were not as half-asset compared to the Kamen Rider counterparts.

Compare the Dino Buckler with an average CS/CSM Rider Belt and one can clearly see the difference in quality next to the said price. Even with SH Figuarts Sentai gets the shaft in their selections where some sets need customs made by fans to get a full team for some seasons.
Xephon0930 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2016, 01:52 PM #49
> Garrek45
Power Ranger

Garrek45
Power Ranger

Agreed. I had to buy a chest sticker for my Kyoryu Red key. Sticks out like a sore thumb amongst the rest of the keys. I would have returned the key, buy the middle man said I had to return the whole set if I wanted a replacement. Opted not to do that.
That is prolly because bandai didn't have any spares for replacement so they had to return the set for a refund and send you another.
Xephon0930 wrote: View Post

Really, with the videos of the Artisan Dino Buckler, it only further solidifies the mentality that Sentai is the lesser sibling of Kamen Rider. That in it of itself would not bother me so much if the products made for Sentai were not as half-asset compared to the Kamen Rider counterparts.

Compare the Dino Buckler with an average CS/CSM Rider Belt and one can clearly see the difference in quality next to the said price. Even with SH Figuarts Sentai gets the shaft in their selections where some sets need customs made by fans to get a full team for some seasons.
From what little I know Sentai just doesn't sell as well as Rider.
It might just come down to Rider being aimed more at an older audience with more spare money.
Old March 9th, 2016, 02:05 PM #50
> ⚡Taichi
Hero or Zero....

32 eBay
Taichi
Hero or Zero....

32 eBay

Yeah, images would be great! Here's a list to get you started on what's been released so far.

Zyuranger

Dino Buckler
Guardian Beast Medal Set

Shinkenger
Shinken-Oh

Toqger
Cryner Robo
Chogokin Toq-Oh
Light Rail Tracks

Ninninger
Shinobimaru
Rodeomaru
Sweet, thanks! It'll take some time... I need to chat with Zedd or Morgan about what they want to do as far as the thread goes and what design they may want to go with.
Taichi is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2016, 02:26 PM #51
> Zapdos560
Gokai Change, ZAPDOS!

Zapdos560
Gokai Change, ZAPDOS!

Minor note, depending on how we want to file these. The Medal Sets, despite being compatible with the Artisan Buckler, isn't technically an Artisan product. I don't see reference to the Artisan name anywhere in the product name, description, etc. The navigation links at the bottom of the P-Bandai page says its part of the Gashapon line.
Zapdos560 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2016, 02:32 PM #52
> Xephon0930
Power Ranger

eBay
Xephon0930
Power Ranger

eBay

That is prolly because bandai didn't have any spares for replacement so they had to return the set for a refund and send you another.

From what little I know Sentai just doesn't sell as well as Rider.
It might just come down to Rider being aimed more at an older audience with more spare money.
It isn't any more apparent than now.

Kinda missed the days when Sentai was at a point of being as dark as say Maskman or Liveman.

The modern Sentai makes things look very kiddy.
Xephon0930 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2016, 03:03 PM #53
> Stuntastik30
VIP Rider

Stuntastik30
VIP Rider

This page appears to have links and images to all of the Artisan line except Zyuranger

http://www.b-boys.jp/shokunin/

Here's premium bandai page for the Zyuranger releases.

The Coin set
http://p-bandai.jp/item/item-1000100...-1000100500%2F

The Buckler.
http://p-bandai.jp/item/item-1000100...-1000100456%2F

Zapdos560 wrote: View Post

Minor note, depending on how we want to file these. The Medal Sets, despite being compatible with the Artisan Buckler, isn't technically an Artisan product. I don't see reference to the Artisan name anywhere in the product name, description, etc. The navigation links at the bottom of the P-Bandai page says its part of the Gashapon line.
Maybe that's one of the reasons why the medal set looks to have different sculpts. im not sure what the premium bandai site says about the Zyuranger logo but could it be only these coins will have that logo on the back or maybe just the tribal?

Last edited by Stuntastik30; March 9th, 2016 at 03:03 PM.
Old March 9th, 2016, 03:33 PM #54
> ⚡Morgan Lamia
---[DekaModerator]---

Morgan Lamia
---[DekaModerator]---

I can throw something up sometime over the next day or two. Thankfully with the line so small, it's a pretty simple task.
Morgan Lamia is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2016, 03:38 PM #55
> Shirubaa
Mr. Silver

32 eBay
Shirubaa
Mr. Silver

32 eBay

Morgan Lamia wrote: View Post

I can throw something up sometime over the next day or two. Thankfully with the line so small, it's a pretty simple task.
Ew. Do it in the toilet. Not here.
Shirubaa is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2016, 03:47 PM #56
> ⚡Morgan Lamia
---[DekaModerator]---

Morgan Lamia
---[DekaModerator]---

Shirubaa wrote: View Post

Ew. Do it in the toilet. Not here.

Maybe that's one of the reasons why the medal set looks to have different sculpts. im not sure what the premium bandai site says about the Zyuranger logo but could it be only these coins will have that logo on the back or maybe just the tribal?
I just translated both the text in the images and the description. It doesn't really mention any reasoning. Only about the medals being diecast, compatible with the SSA Buckler and featuring the design on the back that wasn't on the original (1992 DX) toys. *Shrugs*
Morgan Lamia is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2016, 04:10 PM #57
> Stuntastik30
VIP Rider

Stuntastik30
VIP Rider

Morgan Lamia wrote: View Post

I just translated both the text in the images and the description. It doesn't really mention any reasoning. Only about the medals being diecast, compatible with the SSA Buckler and featuring the design on the back that wasn't on the original (1992 DX) toys. *Shrugs*

Well, at least we know "some design" is going to be the back of each one. Heh heh. The images throw me off cause they pair the Zyuranger logo with the tribal coin in one image. Hopefully with this being a solo set they did that extra something to each coin.
Old March 9th, 2016, 04:17 PM #58
> Dragon Ranger
is a sentai separatist

Dragon Ranger
is a sentai separatist

I passed on this except for the coin set. I'm glad I did. The package is the only thing I like. Funny when I made a custom box out of an legacy morpher box, the side on mine are kind of the same on theirs.
Dragon Ranger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2016, 10:56 PM #59
> King Ranger
NOT the TV-N guy

eBay
King Ranger
NOT the TV-N guy

eBay

Dino_Ranger_White wrote: View Post

What "design flaw" are you referring to? The only thing I can think
of is the red button on the side, so I guess that is the only OTHER thing
I don't care for with this release, lol.
I would say the design flaw is that ugly ass holster. Such a glaring departure from the original and it looks ghastly. The holster is probably the biggest reason I passed/will pass on both the US and JP versions of the Legacy morpher/buckler.
King Ranger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2016, 11:44 PM #60
> Stuntastik30
VIP Rider

Stuntastik30
VIP Rider

King Ranger wrote: View Post

I would say the design flaw is that ugly ass holster. Such a glaring departure from the original and it looks ghastly. The holster is probably the biggest reason I passed/will pass on both the US and JP versions of the Legacy morpher/buckler.

I think they were going for the design of how it looked after they morphed. If you look at it that way, they got a pretty accurate representation. Of course you can't help the bulk though.