Old February 8th, 2009, 11:32 PM #61
> JP
The Genius

32 eBay
JP
The Genius

32 eBay

Anubis-Reborn wrote: View Post

i do so love this guy...i swear to god the amount of bullshit he used to tell me as why he hadnt bothered sending my package out, and that "his littlw brother decided he wanted my megazord" and he would send me a money order for the money he owed me. im sure as hell not seeing any money from that SSI
i got those same bs excuses too. "My little brother decided to play with your transformers and he lost some pieces".
Old February 8th, 2009, 11:41 PM #62
> robweb26
Power Ranger

robweb26
Power Ranger

TOK-715 wrote: View Post

http://www.RangerBoard.com/member.php?u=28018

If the user name change helps...
NICE - lol, but what can stop him from making a new username with a different email? I know its been said on the board before but is there some way of blocking someones IP address?
Old February 8th, 2009, 11:41 PM #63
> shakivan88
PR collector

shakivan88
PR collector

lots of bs i even offered to pay the cost of shipping for the items i wanted for trades.
Old February 8th, 2009, 11:43 PM #64
> ϟDecade
FINAL KAMEN ATTACK FORM RIDE: OWNER

Decade

robweb26 wrote: View Post

NICE - lol, but what can stop him from making a new username with a different email? I know its been said on the board before but is there some way of blocking someones IP address?
Not really, even if he was using a static ip address he can go to the point where he can purchase a new IP address from the Internet Service Provider.

But I did start a new thread posting his shipping address.
That should help since it'll warn users NOT to ship things there.
So if he does go under a new name, he will definitely have to find a new address too which makes things harder.

I also advise you all to NOT ship to P.O Box addresses.
Old February 9th, 2009, 12:00 AM #65
> dekablue25
db25 from ranger review

dekablue25
db25 from ranger review

but what if he/she tells em to ship to a family members place or a friends house though.then what? i find it odd so many more scammers now here than b4.
Old February 9th, 2009, 12:02 AM #66
> ϟDecade

Decade

That's their own workaround.

There is no perfect Anti-Scamming method for any site like this.
eBay requires Credit Card registrations, but then what if they're using a fake credit card?

Again, there's no perfect solution. But at least we have something happening rather than nothing at all.
Old February 9th, 2009, 12:03 AM #67
> dekablue25
db25 from ranger review

dekablue25
db25 from ranger review

true that better than nothing i guess.i still remember the guy with that xbox lol.
Old February 9th, 2009, 12:06 AM #68
> Darkliptor01
Stealing X-mas...

Darkliptor01
Stealing X-mas...

Pochama wrote: View Post

but what if he/she tells em to ship to a family members place or a friends house though.then what?
No method will ever be perfect but TOK's is pretty effective and long overdue,in my honest opinion.

i find it odd so many more scammers now here than b4.
As the board continues to grow so will the number of deadbeat scammers.
Old February 9th, 2009, 01:04 AM #69
> Siraaj
Strap up.....

Siraaj
Strap up.....

Thanks for the heads up, I came to of his sale threads and saw what he was selling. Sent him PM and never heard from him ever.
Old February 9th, 2009, 01:08 AM #70
> Henners
Formerly KoffeeKid

Henners
Formerly KoffeeKid

man this sucks. This is why i don't do trades. Maybe some known member here would be a moderator? Both members send him the package and then they get sent out through him maybe? You'd pay double shipping but...hey...just an idea
Old February 9th, 2009, 01:24 AM #71
> DekaBlue41
Where's the old RB folk?

DekaBlue41
Where's the old RB folk?

i lost a Voltron stealth yellow lion to him. It's been over a month and I've got nothing. Something's wrong with this guy.
Old February 9th, 2009, 01:24 AM #72
> inferno19
I need megazord power now

inferno19
I need megazord power now

XxHennersXx wrote: View Post

man this sucks. This is why i don't do trades. Maybe some known member here would be a moderator? Both members send him the package and then they get sent out through him maybe? You'd pay double shipping but...hey...just an idea
double shipping and could take twice as long to receive. As long as its fine with the three parties involved then its all good, but I don't think I'll be going this route anytime in the near future.
Old February 9th, 2009, 02:45 AM #73
> TeknoRed
Power Ranger

TeknoRed
Power Ranger

does anyone live near this guy in ohio.
Old February 9th, 2009, 03:01 AM #74
> cyrax037
Shadow Ninja Ranger

cyrax037
Shadow Ninja Ranger

Not really, even if he was using a static ip address he can go to the point where he can purchase a new IP address from the Internet Service Provider.

But I did start a new thread posting his shipping address.
That should help since it'll warn users NOT to ship things there.
So if he does go under a new name, he will definitely have to find a new address too which makes things harder.

I also advise you all to NOT ship to P.O Box addresses.
And, there is always proxies.

Wait, don't tell people not to ship to P.O. Boxes. I have a P.O. box. No choice, my town does NOT do home deliveries. Every person in town if they want mail they HAVE to have a P.O. Box, no other option other then UPS,DHL, ect. It sux, but tis the case.(Luckily, in this case its free for a standard size but I've heard of some towns that don't do home deliveries, AND charge you for a PO box) Thats one of the reasons, when I give out my address, I use both the P.O. Box and the physical address.(Usually I'll put the physical first, and the box # as line 2, which usually bypasses things that wont accept PO boxes.)

It seems to be a growing trend too. Smaller towns either just stop home delivery, or really never have for as long as anyone can remember. So one has to be careful with a no P.O. box policy. More and more places, thats all you have to receive. If your weary, ask for a physical addy aswell.
Old February 9th, 2009, 04:12 AM #75
> clint999
Banned

clint999
Banned

If this person resides in the same country as those he's ripped off, and you guys still have the PM's in your inbox/outbox, I don't see it unreasonable to sue him if it's been under a year since the rip off.
Old February 9th, 2009, 04:18 AM #76
> ϟDecade

Decade

cyrax037 wrote: View Post

Wait, don't tell people not to ship to P.O. Boxes. I have a P.O. box. No choice, my town does NOT do home deliveries. Every person in town if they want mail they HAVE to have a P.O. Box, no other option other then UPS,DHL, ect. It sux, but tis the case.(Luckily, in this case its free for a standard size but I've heard of some towns that don't do home deliveries, AND charge you for a PO box) Thats one of the reasons, when I give out my address, I use both the P.O. Box and the physical address.(Usually I'll put the physical first, and the box # as line 2, which usually bypasses things that wont accept PO boxes.)

It seems to be a growing trend too. Smaller towns either just stop home delivery, or really never have for as long as anyone can remember. So one has to be careful with a no P.O. box policy. More and more places, thats all you have to receive. If your weary, ask for a physical addy aswell.
Alright, I modified the "Scammer Alerts" thread.
Old February 9th, 2009, 06:02 AM #77
> HD_Geek

HD_Geek

An honest trader with low/no feedback should have no issue sending their item first to an honest trader with an established reputation via the feeback thread (# of transactions + time on board*).

Keep in mind that there are way more successful, honest transactions on RB than scams. Check the feedback thread before making a deal. Use the feedback thread when you have a good or bad experience.

Be skeptical. You have to be wary of people who:
- won't give you a straight answer
- are really bad about returning PMs (if they can't be bothered to return a PM are you sure they will take the time to pack and send your stuff?)
- take their threads on and off with prices changing all the time or items being added or subtracted constantly

none of these, of course, are definite signs of a scammer or are leading indications of a bad deal but that just takes me back to the feedback thread. Use it.

*I say time on board because like myself, some people have a low (post count) to (time on board) ratio
Old February 9th, 2009, 07:15 AM #78
> Blue Dolphin
Power Ranger

Blue Dolphin
Power Ranger

http://www.RangerBoard.com/member.php?u=28018

If the user name change helps...
LMAO. That's what should be done to all scammers, and the new sticky was a great idea to start up too!
Old February 9th, 2009, 07:21 AM #79
> Blue Dolphin
Power Ranger

Blue Dolphin
Power Ranger

cyrax037 wrote: View Post

Same here!! Our town has prob. less than 500 people and the people who live along slide the main highway can't have mailboxes since it's "too dangerous", so I know where you're coming from!
Old February 9th, 2009, 08:10 AM #80
> The_Emperor
「皇帝様」

The_Emperor
「皇帝様」

There was another scammer who was here a while back making all kinds of deals with members including me, but I backed out when s/he offered my item (when we already sort of struck a deal) to another member which was the first sign of suspicion.

S/he also says they were located in the US but the item was in Italy.

GekiFire... anyone?

http://www.RangerBoard.com/member.php?u=28548

Though s/he seems to be gone now... either they really left or still here but started a new account.
Closed