Menu

Old April 6th, 2019, 02:32 PM #161
> ShinySephiroth
The Power Ranger Archives

eBay
ShinySephiroth

eBay

JB looked down. In the midst of the rubble lay what looked to be a massive... pod.

"In that thing... is that a...?" JB asked, not knowing how to finish the sentence.

Derek nodded. "Yeah. I 'zoomed in' with my bionics and that silhouette is definitely a body."

JB furrowed his brow, taking off his helmet. "So... Nek was hiding it here or something? Okay... I'm going to call SPD and have them take this in. This is getting weird...

"Jezebel? Gabe? Blake? Looks like things have gotten a little more complicated..."

"Yeah. Too complicated for you lot. We'll take it from here." Charlie's voice was heard saying as she appeared with her A-Squad team.

"But I didn't--" JB started

"Call us yet? Yeah, we've been monitoring the situation. We appreciate your help in this find, but Commander Cruger has asked us to take it from here. You're all dismissed. The commander is waiting for you back at HQ. And Patriot? Please vacate the premises. This is an active crime scene. Wouldn't want you to get implicated and imprisoned... again."

Derek snarled before turning around and walking away in silence.

Chambers looked down in concern from up in The Patriot. Having overheard Charlie via the the suits' comms that were being shared for the mission, she was upset with Charlie to say the least.

"Who does this girl think she is? Just because she is some high ranking SPD officer doesn't give her the right to--"

"Yes, it does," Jenkins interrupted. "At least in her mind it does. Nothing we can do about it. In SPD's bubble, she is a queen and, unfortunately, we're getting sucked into their false vacuum... making it a real one for us the more we stay in it."

"Hunh... sounds like you have some experience with stuff like this?" Chambers asked, cocking an eyebrow.

Jenkins smiled. "You could say that... I trained under Nek, remember? He was an expert at getting people to think they were some high ranking person, but it was all an illusion to fit his needs. He did the same thing to Sampson, and Lux, and you. We all know how it is to be in Charlie's shoes, really."

Chambers didn't say anything. Flashes of who she was, and her place in the grand drama Nek had weaved, unfolded before her. Sighing, she turned in silence, trying to have empathy for Charlie.

Easier said than done... She thought bitterly as she watched Patriot Ranger walk away from afar.

"Mentioning Charlie's team..." Sampson said, looking to Lacey. "I guess the show's over, huh, guys? And you've been quiet for a bit, Luz. You okay?"
ShinySephiroth is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2019, 04:48 PM #162
> MichelleTheEditor
"Creator Corps Yellow!"

MichelleTheEditor
"Creator Corps Yellow!"

Jezebel lowered her gun, still keeping a hand on the trigger guard, and approached JB, Derek and the pit. Gabe was a little more reluctant to walk into the smoking ruins, so when A-Squad appeared he was right beside them. He started.

"Geez, give a guy a warning next time!"

At Charlie's words Jezebel's head snapped up and back, fixing the other Red Ranger with an intent look. She took a step back from the scene, giving the SPD arrivals room to investigate. It seemed like a drastic escalation to threaten Derek with imprisonment for essentially having good vision, but she decided to stay quiet for now. Best not to start off her new career butting heads with another senior Ranger--this was something that could be brought up with Commander Cruger or others in the chain of command without challenging Charlie on the field, making her instantly defensive.

Gabe was less tactical. Demorphing, he walked towards the group. "What's your problem with Derek? He didn't even do anything."

"Green Ranger, not the time or place," Jezebel said.

"Why not? She seems to think it's a great time to pick on him."

"Green, go check on the Patriot Ranger. If you want to chat then do it with him." There was a warning edge in Jezebel's voice. Gabe looked around at the group of still suited-up Rangers, shook his head, and went after Derek, muttering about politics.

"They won't interfere with your crime scene," Jezebel said to A-Squad. She dismissed her weapon.

Luz was tapping her index finger on her lips. At the question she twitched and looked over at Jenkins. "Huh? No, yeah, I was just trying to remember if there's anyone we've met who's missing and Nek might have shut up in a pod. I mean, it's not exactly his modus operandi but he's been experimenting lately."

Lacey blew out a breath and muttered, "Man, that Charlie is being kind of a B-I-T-C-H."
MichelleTheEditor is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2019, 12:51 PM #163
> ShinySephiroth

eBay
ShinySephiroth

eBay

Charlie nodded slightly. "Good going, Cyber Red. Your team may work out well for our satellite projects after all. A-Squad? Begin extraction of the pod."

As the team went to work, JB turned and shook his head.

"I'm sorry, Jezebel. I've been butting heads with her for a while now. I was hoping it wouldn't continue with--"

Before JB could finish, a massive hissing sound was heard behind them. Spinning around, JB was shocked to see the pod opening.

"I... I don't know what--" A Squad Blue began saying.

"Quiet, Blue!" Charlie barked, causing her blaster to appear. "Get in formation!"

Sprinting past an approaching Gabe, Derek made his way back speedily to the scene.

"So, the A Squad dummies were surely the right people for this job, right?" Patriot Ranger scoffed.

Putting his helmet back on, JB tried to still his beating heart. He silently instamorphed back to his Triassic Mode, muscles coiled and ready for whatever Nek was hiding in the pod.

Movement was seen from within the pod.

"Come out slowly!" Charlie barked. "Any wrong moves and we'll open fire!"
Old April 7th, 2019, 03:11 PM #164
> ShinySephiroth

eBay
ShinySephiroth

eBay

((Grimnir3rd, our newest RP member, is waiting for account approval and has asked me to post while we wait))

The room was quiet as all trained their eyes on the pod. The silence unnerving, red eyes suddenly sprung to life as they all peered into the inside of the pod. The door to the pod burst open all the way as a loud roar filled the air.

A hair covered monster, reminiscent of a werewolf, leaped out of the pod. It began jumping around, lunging at the many armed people.
Old April 7th, 2019, 05:28 PM #165
> MichelleTheEditor
"Creator Corps Yellow!"

MichelleTheEditor
"Creator Corps Yellow!"

Jezebel had her rifle up and aimed at the pod before it had even finished opening. Gabe turned around halfway to Patriot, watching him zip past.

"Or go right back in, I guess." He followed, though he wasn't as quick to the draw as the others. Just as he was about to suggest this person might not be a threat, boom, there was Gmork fresh out of the Neverending Story (and quite a few childhood nightmares of Gabe's). He yelped and raised his shield again.

"I can't get a clear shot!" He yelled.

Jezebel seemed to agree. She switched her weapon back into poleaxe mode and swung, aiming low to sweep the monster's legs.
Old April 11th, 2019, 08:33 AM #166
> ShinySephiroth

eBay
ShinySephiroth

eBay

((Grimnir3rd))
The werewolf like creature let out a loud growl as he stalked forward slowly... his red eyes stalking the armed people before lunging forward.

((ShinySephiroth))
Charlie watched as the beast began to move. She groaned slightly, wanting to unleash her firepower on him. She had issued her warning, and he violated it. However, she knew SPD protocol.

"I said 'freeze'!" Charlie demanded. "We will open fire!"

Derek lowered his head slightly in an attack stance. "I don't know if it can understand you. That look in its eyes... I don't know of it's sentient!"
Old April 12th, 2019, 05:13 AM #167
> MichelleTheEditor
"Creator Corps Yellow!"

MichelleTheEditor
"Creator Corps Yellow!"

Gabe realized that maybe his weapons would be better used for their original purpose. He came forward to flank the other Rangers, raising his shield.

Jezebel wasn't so careful. The moment the beast lunged she recoiled and fired a shot at him.
Old April 17th, 2019, 11:51 AM #168
> RedLegacyRanger
Red Legacy Ranger

RedLegacyRanger
Red Legacy Ranger

(( My notifcations havent been working, I'm back))

Blake jumped back at the sight of the werewolf- like creature that came out of the pod. He gripped his sword, preparing to lunge if need be.
RedLegacyRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2019, 06:03 AM #169
> ShinySephiroth

eBay
ShinySephiroth

eBay

((Sorry Grim - I didn't see your reply on Discord))

((Grimnir3rd))
Taking the shot head on, the beast was thrown back recoiling from the damage done. Centering itís body it restarted its lunge and began its mad dance clawing and slashing at its foes. Taking the incoming attacks head on with no sense of personal safety.

((ShinySephiroth))

Charlie gritted her teeth, pointing her badge at the beast for containment. She was only half-surprised at the "not guilty" she heard.

"Of course not..." she muttered as she pulled out her blaster again to fire at the beast.

Triassic Zenith, meanwhile, leapt forward to wrestle with the foe. He grabbed the beast by the shoulders.

"Easy there, puppy!" He jokingly said.
Old May 14th, 2019, 07:59 AM #170
> MichelleTheEditor
"Creator Corps Yellow!"

MichelleTheEditor
"Creator Corps Yellow!"

"Are you going melee?" Gabe called towards Triassic Zenith. "Because I really can't get a shot if you are!"
Old May 14th, 2019, 08:07 AM #171
> ShinySephiroth

eBay
ShinySephiroth

eBay

Good point... JB thought. Pushing off slightly, Zenith Ranger used the momentum to do a backflip away from his foe.

"All clear!" He yelled as he landed.
Old May 14th, 2019, 08:14 AM #172
> Grimnir3rd
Power Ranger

Grimnir3rd
Power Ranger

Watching itís new prey jump away the werewolf began preparing its lunge to intercept the colorful warrior snarling as it prepared for its hunt
Grimnir3rd is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2019, 08:18 AM #173
> MichelleTheEditor
"Creator Corps Yellow!"

MichelleTheEditor
"Creator Corps Yellow!"

Both Gabe and Jezebel fired on the monster, Gabe sending out three glowing green energy rings, Jezebel a double-barreled shot of red. For the moment, capturing was a secondary objective. First they had to render it docile, however they could manage that.

"Can anyone get an energy read on that thing?" Lux asked, watching the ongoing fight in bewilderment. "I know Nek's been diversifying lately but this is getting ridiculous!"
Old May 14th, 2019, 08:20 AM #174
> ShinySephiroth

eBay
ShinySephiroth

eBay

Derek watched as the blasts seemed to hardly scratch the beast. He noted how the beast's eyes seemed to be locked onto Gabe and JB.

We have no idea what an attack from this guy would do... he seems very powerful... especially against Gabe's untested powers... not worth the risk!

Grunting, Patriot Ranger jumped and locked onto the beast the same way JB had and, with all the strength he could muster, tossed the beast out of the area to the other side of the street.

"... hunh... I thought I could toss him further than that... guy is tough..." Derek mused, breathing hard.
Old May 14th, 2019, 08:24 AM #175
> Grimnir3rd
Power Ranger

Grimnir3rd
Power Ranger

Slamming into a wall the werewolf slowly rose before shaking its head. It slightly dropped to its knees due to the injuries suffered from the fight. It looked forward readjusting itís view as it noted that it was out numbered. Letting out a loud roar it jumped away from the warehouse.
Grimnir3rd is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2019, 08:28 AM #176
> ShinySephiroth

eBay
ShinySephiroth

eBay

JB furrowed his brow. The beast suddenly looked hurt. I wonder if it has some sort of defense mechanism that allows it to keep fighting by having its pain receptors are temporarily numbed. If that is true, we could have almost destroyed it, which would be terrible if Charlie's badge was right about the "not guilty" verdict... hmm...
Old May 14th, 2019, 08:37 AM #177
> MichelleTheEditor
"Creator Corps Yellow!"

MichelleTheEditor
"Creator Corps Yellow!"

"Hey! Get back here!" Gabe yelled, lowering his shield. He looked to the others. "Are we following it or what?"

Even though Jezebel's first impulse was to follow, she paused and looked to A-Squad for orders. "Ma'am, this is basically a wild animal loose in the city. We need to neutralize it before it can hurt anyone."
Old May 14th, 2019, 08:43 AM #178
> ShinySephiroth

eBay
ShinySephiroth

eBay

Charlie was attempting to control herself. She already knew her next secret anger management session back at HQ was going to be unpleasant after her therapist discovers how she'd reacted earlier in the fight. She didn't want another incident to report.

With that, she appreciated Jezebel's attitude.

"Red Ranger, you have a briefing with Commander Cruger. Take your rangers there. A Squad will handle this." Charlie stated.

"Really?" Muttered one of the A Squad Rangers.

"Problem?" Charlie asked menacingly.

"No, ma'am."

"A Squad? Roll out. Let's track this thing down. And Patriot? I want you nowhere near us if you know what's good for you."

As they rolled out, Derek laughed as he bowed. "She is such a delight."

JB sighed and looked to Cyber Unit. "So... uh... before we go... thoughts on how this first mission went?"

As they wali
Old May 14th, 2019, 09:09 AM #179
> MichelleTheEditor
"Creator Corps Yellow!"

MichelleTheEditor
"Creator Corps Yellow!"

"I trust SPD a great deal, but that Red Ranger does puzzle me," Lux admitted. "Maybe she was a good Ranger before and being promoted to Red made her paranoid?"

"Pretty good. Nobody's dead," Gabe said to JB, moving over to join him. "That wolf thing was weird, though. It didn't seem like it was actually part of Nek's forces, just a coincidence that it happened to be buried underneath the parking lot of his warehouse."

"We could have been more coordinated but we accomplished our mission," Jezebel said. "Hopefully A-Squad can manage theirs."

Tags
crisis crunch, here we go again, nek is back, new beginnings, rpg