Menu

Old January 25th, 2018, 11:08 AM #81
> bustedbeatbox
Power Ranger

eBay
bustedbeatbox
Power Ranger

eBay

For Legacy Zeo Green - I found this on eBay. The title says Ninja Stars but the photo and UPC match Legacy Zeo Green so I ordered one just in case. Mostly because itís actually cheaper than retail. I figured if I got some random Ninja Stars set I could complain about false advertising and get my money back.

Might be worth a shot if anyone else is looking for it. I checked their feedback and others who have bought it from them have given positive feedback which leads me to believe it is most likely legit. They also have the DT Blue/Red and Gold available for the same price of $17.45.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F253348631977
bustedbeatbox is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2018, 11:21 AM #82
> aquawaldo
Power Ranger

aquawaldo
Power Ranger

i try really hard to stay positive because none of us are in the toy business and actually know for fact what is happening at bandai... but not attending NY toy fair is definitely making a statement. i do actually feel nervous about the future of power ranger toys now.
aquawaldo is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2018, 11:39 AM #83
> Andros
Burajira

Andros
Burajira

I agree to an extent but I also see it as a temper tantrum. We have been hitting back with disapproval over Cheddar Cheese Zeo Gold, incomplete toy lines like the ranger keys and other things that have been a problem and they arent happy about it. But its about time that Bandai starts listening to us instead of pulling that crap and expecting us to get over it. I wish there could be a fan concerns panel at PMC with Saban Brands and Bandai reps present and attentive, but that would turn into a flame war and bash contest really fast because some people dont know how to control themselves.
Andros is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2018, 11:43 AM #84
> ⚡Taichi
Hen... SHIN?!

32 eBay
Taichi
Hen... SHIN?!

32 eBay

Well, they DEFINITELY can be taking the time off to really get things under control and make a better presentation at a later time.

IF they keep missing ones and dropping out, then I'd be worried.
Taichi is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2018, 12:04 PM #85
> RedRanger87
Somewhere on KO-35

RedRanger87
Somewhere on KO-35

Andros wrote: View Post

I agree to an extent but I also see it as a temper tantrum. We have been hitting back with disapproval over Cheddar Cheese Zeo Gold, incomplete toy lines like the ranger keys and other things that have been a problem and they arent happy about it.
Toy Fair is for industry insiders though. Retailers, brand partners, etc. It's not for fans. They could care less about our disapproval for something like Toy Fair. They need to impress their partners who will be there, not us. I don't think it's them having a temper tantrum or hiding from hardcore fans. It's more likely that they are in some serious trouble, whether financially, staffing, etc. and this smaller showing is the result of that.

But its about time that Bandai starts listening to us instead of pulling that crap and expecting us to get over it. I wish there could be a fan concerns panel at PMC with Saban Brands and Bandai reps present and attentive, but that would turn into a flame war and bash contest really fast because some people dont know how to control themselves.
It's funny that you should mention this. I tweeted at PMC a few months ago about this same exact idea....and Bandai liked it. The problem is that I can't be the only one to request something like this. PMC has to see that there is demand. More people need to ask for it as I am small potatoes.

RedRanger87 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2018, 12:07 PM #86
> Dino_Ranger_White
White Ranger_Dino Power!

Dino_Ranger_White
White Ranger_Dino Power!

Good lord, Bandai America just keeps kicking themselves in the ass.
Guess the next real chance to get any actual news from Bandai
will be SDCC 2018. Way to promote 25 Years of PR, guys!!

Gonna be a long rest of Winter and Spring, with a "wait and see what shows
up on store shelves" approach to the line now.

I'm going to call it nowÖ NO 2018 SDCC EXCLUSIVES for Power Rangers.
Would not shock me at this point, really.
Dino_Ranger_White is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2018, 12:23 PM #87
> Andros
Burajira

Andros
Burajira

RedRanger87 wrote: View Post

It's funny that you should mention this. I tweeted at PMC a few months ago about this same exact idea....and Bandai liked it. The problem is that I can't be the only one to request something like this. PMC has to see that there is demand. More people need to ask for it as I am small potatoes.

https://image.ibb.co/eC99Bw/Pic.png
Well, then lets start a RangerBoard Poll and send the link to Bandai and PMC later on after a few months of polling have passed.

I am starting to wish Bandai Japan would take over. I would pay the import price for better quality stuff.
Old January 25th, 2018, 12:33 PM #88
> GoldBlade6
Power Ranger

GoldBlade6
Power Ranger

We have been hitting back with disapproval over Cheddar Cheese Zeo Gold, incomplete toy lines like the ranger keys and other things that have been a problem and they arent happy about it.
How are we "hitting" back? We're just posting things here and there, and nobody - not even Bandai of America (BoA) - seems to care. If fans wanted to hit back, they'd hit BoA where it counts: in the wallet, and we'd hit hard. But most fans just drool over whatever plastic garbage BoA churns out.

And how is BoA not happy about it? It seems like BoA is just ignoring the criticisms and doing whatever it wants to do, continuing on its merry way, because it doesn't matter to BoA what we say if it doesn't help the company swim around in a sea of dollars.

This is not to say BoA has not been catering certain offerings to adult fans (e.g. Legacy) but the bottom line is Profit, and as soon as the great "adult fan" experiment plays out, BoA is back to doing as little as possible for maximum gain.
GoldBlade6 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2018, 12:42 PM #89
> aquawaldo
Power Ranger

aquawaldo
Power Ranger

I agree that toy fair isnít them hiding from the fans but a sign of business trouble which isnít good news for us. I also agree that there needs to be an important talk between the consumers and the company. I fear if they donít address these issues soon then morphicon will be a blood bath like it or not. They will be attacked at the panels and on the floor. So it would be in their best interest to info the crowds even if itís bad news.

And I think Saban is in the same boat. Out of the last 4 series only 1 has been acceptable and the ratings support that. I think it would be wise to also have a talk with them as well. And maybe both of these panels are not audience q&a but submitted questions beforehand that are voted on by the fans so the most popular and important questions are asked. At this point I could care less about what new things are we getting and I want this and that... I care about answers about quality and brand reliability.
aquawaldo is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2018, 12:43 PM #90
> Dino_Ranger_White
White Ranger_Dino Power!

Dino_Ranger_White
White Ranger_Dino Power!

The whole thing has just killed any enthusiasm I had over the Legacy Line as a whole.
It was re-branded (when it absolutely had no reason to be), and replaced with
re-hashes and more MMPR garbage releases. The 6.5" Legacy has failed, in more
ways than one, and the ACTUAL Legacy Zord line has come to a screeching halt.

So yeah, all-in-allÖ I am just happy to have the MMPR Figuarts I have and the
SOC Mecha, plus the Sentai Artisan Line. BoA is pretty much dead to me.
Dino_Ranger_White is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2018, 12:43 PM #91
> TheTerrorToad87
Mmm...Power Rangers....

eBay
TheTerrorToad87
Mmm...Power Rangers....

eBay

These Psycho rangers are going to be the true test of how many niche fans there really are. If they bomb I doubt Bandai will ever step outside of MMPR again.
TheTerrorToad87 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2018, 12:53 PM #92
> Mr. Yellow
Twitter - @MisturYellow

Mr. Yellow
Twitter - @MisturYellow

mmprfan09 wrote: View Post

Still no announcement on yellow zeo, or the silver space ranger to complete the space set. Not even the ninja storm team is complete.

This is exactly why bandai needs to just release 6 pack teams. This is getting out of hand.
At least Navy and Crimson Ninja Storm are finally coming

https://twitter.com/johnpgreen/statu...54750788067328
Mr. Yellow is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2018, 12:54 PM #93
> Andros
Burajira

Andros
Burajira

Agreed with the quoted portion of the above reply!
Old January 25th, 2018, 12:57 PM #94
> RedRanger87
Somewhere on KO-35

RedRanger87
Somewhere on KO-35

Well, then lets start a RangerBoard Poll and send the link to Bandai and PMC later on after a few months of polling have passed.

I am starting to wish Bandai Japan would take over. I would pay the import price for better quality stuff.
A poll here isn't going to do anything unfortunately. It's easier to ignore a link. In the short term, it needs to be a show of unity on social media. Don't be afraid to tag or mention Bandai, Power Rangers, and PMC in your tweets/posts. They see those notifications every time they're tagged. The more people they see doing this, the better the chances are for something like that panel at PMC. It's the main thing we can do as a united fandom if we're all so unhappy with the direction things are going.

aquawaldo wrote: View Post

I agree that toy fair isnít them hiding from the fans but a sign of business trouble which isnít good news for us. I also agree that there needs to be an important talk between the consumers and the company. I fear if they donít address these issues soon then morphicon will be a blood bath like it or not. They will be attacked at the panels and on the floor. So it would be in their best interest to info the crowds even if itís bad news.

And I think Saban is in the same boat. Out of the last 4 series only 1 has been acceptable and the ratings support that. I think it would be wise to also have a talk with them as well. And maybe both of these panels are not audience q&a but submitted questions beforehand that are voted on by the fans so the most popular and important questions are asked. At this point I could care less about what new things are we getting and I want this and that... I care about answers about quality and brand reliability.
I'm in agreement. The only setback I could see about voting on questions is that fans will vote for some silly question about a theoretical future release rather than the questions that actually matter.

TheTerrorToad87 wrote: View Post

These Psycho rangers are going to be the true test of how many niche fans there really are. If they bomb I doubt Bandai will ever step outside of MMPR again.
Don't think this is true. The other seasons they've released as Legacy figures haven't completely bombed yet. They're still putting them out. Until we hear otherwise, it's ok for now.
Old January 25th, 2018, 12:59 PM #95
> TheDub
The One and Only

TheDub
The One and Only

Well the crimson and navy rangers are good news, if its true.
TheDub is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2018, 01:02 PM #96
> Andros
Burajira

Andros
Burajira

Well, is there a specific fandom personality that we could call upon to ask the needed questions and filter the ones that are irrelevant or theoretical?
Old January 25th, 2018, 01:23 PM #97
> HezMania
Power Ranger

HezMania
Power Ranger

bustedbeatbox wrote: View Post

For Legacy Zeo Green - I found this on eBay. The title says Ninja Stars but the photo and UPC match Legacy Zeo Green so I ordered one just in case. Mostly because itís actually cheaper than retail. I figured if I got some random Ninja Stars set I could complain about false advertising and get my money back.

Might be worth a shot if anyone else is looking for it. I checked their feedback and others who have bought it from them have given positive feedback which leads me to believe it is most likely legit. They also have the DT Blue/Red and Gold available for the same price of $17.45.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F253348631977
Gold is there as well. Bought both Zeo Green and Gold. Hoping for the best. Price is cheaper than in the wild.

EDIT: didn't see you also mentioned gold.
HezMania is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2018, 01:27 PM #98
> TheDub
The One and Only

TheDub
The One and Only

Well, is there a specific fandom personality that we could call upon to ask the needed questions and filter the ones that are irrelevant or theoretical?
There is a guy named bruno on youtube (i think thats his name). He sometimes gets figures early to review them for people and interviews the people who are involved with making the figures.
Old January 25th, 2018, 01:28 PM #99
> RedRanger87
Somewhere on KO-35

RedRanger87
Somewhere on KO-35

There could be, but I think that is asking too much of that one person.

TheDub wrote: View Post

There is a guy named bruno on youtube (i think thats his name). He sometimes gets figures early to review them for people and interviews the people who are involved with making the figures.
The only issue is that it seems even he is being shut out recently.
Old January 25th, 2018, 01:34 PM #100
> TheDub
The One and Only

TheDub
The One and Only

I can only imagine. Hes probably upset with the video he made of, "oh look how awesome bandai is doing all these figures are amazing" and then bandai giving us something very different. And bandai is probably tired of fans wondering why they are putting out sub par pai ted figs.

Granted, ive been enjoying the line and have every main release fig but even im contemplating buying some paints at this point. Ive watched a ton of how to videos and customizing.