Home Menu

Menu

Closed

Old May 3rd, 2015, 02:28 PM #61
> ϟDecade
FINAL KAMEN ATTACK FORM RIDE: OWNER

Decade

I addressed those points a few times in this thread already; yes, scams can never be 100% prevented. What we're trying to do is provide a 100% safety net that helps users recover the loss in the event that something goes wrong. In the last few scams reported that were deals, users were able to successfully get their money back via PayPal disputes. Obviously that's either not possible through a direct trade or someone breaking the "No paying as Gift" rule.

I also don't believe this entirely roadblocks anyone from dealing - you don't have the cash up front? Then sell your items for the cash, and use that cash to buy the items you wanted to trade for. Is it inconveniencing? Yes. It causes a long process since you have to deal away your items as a sale for money, then use that same amount of money to shop for whatever you wanted in the first place.

But that's how the Marketplace Staff currently feels about all this.
Old July 7th, 2015, 10:28 PM #62
> Autobot032
VIP Rider

eBay
Autobot032
VIP Rider

eBay

I *really* like this idea. A lot. If only Facebook groups would implement such a system. I hate trading, honestly. It's bad enough to get ripped off of money, but trade fodder? That really hurts, especially those who can't afford anything but trading.

People might not like it, but this is the lesser of two evils. If it were me, I'd remove trading altogether. I think it's a horrible mess.
Old August 17th, 2015, 01:27 AM #63
> Solaris
It ain't nothing but love

Solaris

Wait, so if person A and B send their items off and both exchange $60. Couldn't person A take the money from B. Send it right back then when items arrive try and cancel your transaction and get the 60 back. I know it's iffy but it seems possible and means someone is getting double the trading value.

Sorry if it didn't make sense. DM me and I can try explain better if u don't understand.
Old August 17th, 2015, 01:48 AM #64
> ϟDecade

Decade

How would the transaction be cancelled? I've been buying & selling quite a bit, but never been able to cancel it. If the Paypal payment is pending for whatever reason (to clear payment from bank, credit card, etc), I'd talk to the other person about waiting for the payment to clear.

This is what I do for cheques, in the event that they're fake, and takes several days for the banks to discover and for the payments to bounce.

And this isn't trading anymore, it's simply buying each other's products with a value on it.

Do your due-diligence;
- Both people pay via Product & Services, add the notes to the payments on what it's for. Take your photos of the package, get tracking codes (if available) and shipping receipts. Take photos of the package with correct shipping labels.

Should any problems arise, all your evidence will support you in a Paypal claim.
Old August 17th, 2015, 05:14 AM #65
> ⚡OmegaRangerRed

32 eBay
OmegaRangerRed

32 eBay

People who are truly intent on scamming will always try to find some way to do so, and direct trading is one of the easiest ways to do it.
Old August 18th, 2015, 02:13 AM #66
> Solaris

Solaris

Ok thanks guys I understand. Guess I'll do what decade earlier suggested and sell to be able to buy stuff. Thanks.
Old January 21st, 2016, 12:50 PM #67
> eishiba
BouKen red

eishiba
BouKen red

I don't trade. I'm always buying and if it's going to make this a safer place to do business with others I'm for it. I would rather do business here than ebay or anywhere else.
Closed