Home Menu

Menu

Old May 29th, 2014, 12:16 PM #61
> Kalel
The Last Son

Kalel
The Last Son

Zander Yurami wrote: View Post

The seller on ebay sent me the wrong gunpla and doesnt offer refunds or exchanges. So I am thinking of selling what they sent me.
You know, just because they don't do refunds or exchanges doesn't mean they won't try to correct their mistake. Sometimes they'll even send you the item you were supposed to receive originally and let you keep the other one too. Even if on the off chance they put up a fuss about "no returns or exchanges", you can file "item not as described" with ebay for a refund.
Kalel is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2014, 01:25 PM #62
> Zander Yurami
Nerdy NotionZ

32 eBay
Zander Yurami
Nerdy NotionZ

32 eBay

I already filed a claim with ebay

Seems like this site is stealing my work, and didnt even bother to credit me
http://geargundams.blogspot.com/2014...e-gp-base.html

Here is the original
http://zanderyurami.deviantart.com/a...tyle-418701613

Last edited by Zander Yurami; May 29th, 2014 at 01:25 PM.
Zander Yurami is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2014, 06:51 PM #63
> Crow T. Robot
Wisecracker

Crow T. Robot
Wisecracker

CardKaptor wrote: View Post

Thanks for all the info guys and/or gals! I'll probably bight the bullet and make an order when I get paid tomorrow (and maybe wait on painting). One last quick question: what colors of gundam markers should I be making sure I get? Does the following set cover what I need, or is it missing important staples: http://www.gundamstoreandmore.com/gm...l#.U4dupCimWFc

Again, thank you for all of your help. I like the idea of a hobby that isn't too amazingly expensive and also takes up a lot of time (as opposed to say my figuarts collecting, which doesn't require a lot of time but is still expensive).
Actually I just ordered that set as part of my latest order from them. (mostly as a filler along with my Gold level membership in their Gundam Club so I don't have to wait for my next order to get all my "freebies") What you need to remember is that those are "Ultra fine tipped", so they're only really going to be good for panel lining or very small details. The kinds of full sized markers for you are going to depend on what you end up building the most. (For example, there are Zeon-specific kits, Seed-specific kits, Seed Destiny-specific kits, etc.) Also, if you went with that kit, I'd also recommend separately getting a grey fine-tipped Gundam Marker or two for lining on white plastic. It's less severe in tone so it works better. The black would be better used for darker colored pieces.

This seems like a better start for full sized tips, though you'd have to find it elsewhere. Personally, it's been a while since I've used the larger tipped ones, and I still never really used them for large scale paint applications, so I'm not sure how well they work in such situations, but I've read that as long as you do one application vertically and then another horizontally after the first dries, they work.

I normally just buy whatever I need at the time. My local hobby store sells them all. (Hobby Town USA)
You will need a panel lining pen as well.
A lot of my stuff came from a Hobby Town as well, though the one I go to when visiting my in-laws seems to be chronically short on most Gundam Markers.

On a sidenote; The seller on ebay sent me the wrong gunpla and doesnt offer refunds or exchanges. So I am thinking of selling what they sent me.
If it wasn't for the fact that I just put in an order for GSAM's Gundam Club (Gold level) along with the Markers that CardKaptor linked to, I'd consider taking that off your hands. I've been watching that for a while, and I think it would be great for a custom I was considering. (A special paint job based off Jaime Lannister from Game of Thrones)
Crow T. Robot is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2014, 07:45 PM #64
> Zander Yurami
Nerdy NotionZ

32 eBay
Zander Yurami
Nerdy NotionZ

32 eBay

I sold my roommate the Exia.

I did just receive an email from the people that sent it. They told me to keep it and they would send me the Crossbone
Old May 31st, 2014, 10:48 PM #65
> Crow T. Robot
Wisecracker

Crow T. Robot
Wisecracker

So here is my work space...

Yes, it's quite cramped but it's the best I've got right now. Sometimes I move my laptop out of the way, and other times I just pile up runners on the keyboard. The blue box is a cheap, temporary tool storage system until I find something more organizationally ideal.

Also, the mostly finished RX-78-2 MG Ver. 3.0...

Honestly, while I think it does look really nice once it's properly posed, I've gradually found myself less and less impressed with the build quality. The hands have a lot of potential for movement in the individual fingers, but that's hindered by the often stiff movement of the joints and the tendency for the fingers to pop out with surprisingly little force. Also, I have yet to figure out a way to get it to hold the shield in a stable manner. There is a system built into the hands and into the weapons that works to keep things tight there, but the shield lacks that system for some reason, and given that I had to take an X-acto knife to get the tabs for the system to fold out of the hands, it's not always practical. The details are pretty nice, but I feel like it sacrifices too much stability in exchange for things like panels shifting when different limbs are moved.

I still have to do some decal work and some panel lining, (which will be done in a couple of weeks, once I return from my honeymoon and have my new set of ultra-fine tipped Gundam Markers in hand) but it ranks quite a bit more annoying than the MG Gouf I once built, for which I had to bead all the hoses and the Heat Rod by hand with very small plastic rings, which for a while was my standard for annoying kits...
Old June 3rd, 2014, 01:47 PM #66
> Zander Yurami
Nerdy NotionZ

32 eBay
Zander Yurami
Nerdy NotionZ

32 eBay

Well, they sent the right one this time. Only took a week to come in.
Old June 3rd, 2014, 03:53 PM #67
> RiderFan18
Power Ranger

RiderFan18
Power Ranger

Nice! Really looking forward to the release of the Gouf R35 this weekend to see what the new mold is like.
RiderFan18 is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2014, 03:56 PM #68
> Araxiel
Power Ranger

Araxiel
Power Ranger

I already filed a claim with ebay

Seems like this site is stealing my work, and didnt even bother to credit me

Here is the original
http://zanderyurami.deviantart.com/a...tyle-418701613
Man, the version on their site's got horrible jpeg artifacts all over it. :s
If I wanted to use your template, what font's the closest match/looks best?
Araxiel is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2014, 08:07 PM #69
> Blackkat13
Horror Movie Lover

Blackkat13
Horror Movie Lover

New to this Gunplay thing. I seen a Gundam Zero Custom Endless Waltz edition HG model at my hobby shop. I remember Zero from the show in the 90's and loved the way it looked. So I bought it and began work on it. I did up all the detail and fine lines on it so it would look like the show/movie. I used a few stickers eyes, green head piece, 2 arm ones, & the chest orb. I painted the green for the scope on bought guns, and did up a metal look on the guns and silver pieces. I ran into a problem on the arm joints I used to much model glue and it melted gummed up the joints. I had to cut them off but I fixed them with paint brush handles from the same make and model brushes and they worked fine.
Shoulder fixed with paint brushes.

All lines were painted by hand using acrlic paint then clear coated.

I painted all the blue a dark color but under the flash it looks light but here's the real color.

I didn't buy gundam markers till I was almost done and I just used them on the lines on the wings.

I love the guns by they are are to heavy for Zero to hold so at the moment I have him displayed flying.

Not to bad for a beginner???????

BTW Next model I'm working on.......... Crossbone Gundam-x Full Cloth MG
Blackkat13 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2014, 03:58 PM #70
> Crow T. Robot
Wisecracker

Crow T. Robot
Wisecracker

Got a lovely box from Gundam Store and More while I was gone on my honeymoon, with all my Gundam Club Gold goodies in it. Now I've suddenly got a HG Guntank, HG Tallgeese III, MG Char's Zaku II, and an SD Shin Kogai Gouf to work on, with my "Ultra-fine" Gundam Marker set. I am a bit disappointed in the marker set, though, as the tips are all quite large. I was expecting something even finer tipped than the fine-tipped ones I've been using, but they really aren't.
Old June 14th, 2014, 10:10 AM #71
> Heroblob
Banned

Heroblob
Banned

That's a great selection of stuff! Glad to hear the Gold club is worth it.
Heroblob is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2014, 11:12 AM #72
> Crow T. Robot
Wisecracker

Crow T. Robot
Wisecracker

Yeah, it really does seem to be. Sure, you have no control over the loot you come away with at first, but that makes it a bit exciting. And there's the promise of future sales, special coupons, and access to half price models with damaged boxes.
Old June 16th, 2014, 01:27 AM #73
> Blackkat13
Horror Movie Lover

Blackkat13
Horror Movie Lover

How hard is it to make the jump to a RG model? I've already done a HG, and a MG and that was fun. I'm just wondering. My hobby store carries HG and MG. I haven't seen a RG model up there. Alot of the MG are 60 or more money.

Oh do most MG models have spare parts in them? Mine for the Crossbone does.
Old June 16th, 2014, 09:46 AM #74
> Heroblob
Banned

Heroblob
Banned

I don't think RG models are too much harder than recent MG models; they're just smaller, and there are obvious considerations due to that.

Having said that, it depends on which RG you're going for, too. I built the original Gundam RG (Gundam docks in Hong Kong version) and it was easy as pie, but I've paused in construction of the Zaku IIs, because of all the little ring-shaped things that you make his piping out of. There are so many it's frustrating! But I will return to it. I promise.
Heroblob is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2014, 06:04 AM #75
> Zander Yurami
Nerdy NotionZ

32 eBay
Zander Yurami
Nerdy NotionZ

32 eBay

Since the guys at Gundam Gears are so persistent with ripped my stuff off and not even crediting me, I went ahead and updated my files for DA.

GP Base KIT style now with .psd for easier editing: http://zanderyurami.deviantart.com/a...e-V2-461694073

GP Base ANIME style now with .psd for easier editing
http://zanderyurami.deviantart.com/a...E-v2-461693476

And I would really like it if you dropped a "nice" comment on the guy's page that is currently ripping my stuff off.
Link can be found here.
Old June 18th, 2014, 08:17 AM #76
> Blackkat13
Horror Movie Lover

Blackkat13
Horror Movie Lover

Since the guys at Gundam Gears are so persistent with ripped my stuff off and not even crediting me, I went ahead and updated my files for DA.

And I would really like it if you dropped a "nice" comment on the guy's page that is currently ripping my stuff off.
Link can be found here.
He removed your comment. What did you say?
Old June 18th, 2014, 08:53 AM #77
> Zander Yurami
Nerdy NotionZ

32 eBay
Zander Yurami
Nerdy NotionZ

32 eBay

Blackkat13 wrote: View Post

He removed your comment. What did you say?
"Please credit me for the image. Link can be found here. http://zanderyurami.deviantart.com/art/GP-Base-Anime-Style-418701613"
Old June 18th, 2014, 03:35 PM #78
> Crow T. Robot
Wisecracker

Crow T. Robot
Wisecracker

Blackkat13 wrote: View Post

How hard is it to make the jump to a RG model? I've already done a HG, and a MG and that was fun. I'm just wondering. My hobby store carries HG and MG. I haven't seen a RG model up there. Alot of the MG are 60 or more money.

Oh do most MG models have spare parts in them? Mine for the Crossbone does.
On the subject of RGs, they seem to have intense amounts of physical details compared to HGs, like shifting panels and multiple pieces per body part to allow for multiple colors and tones to armor, plus internal skeletons. From what I've seen for the RX-78-2 RG and the RX-78-2 MG Ver. 3.0, they are very similar except the size difference, and the MG was a pain in the ass for me, for what I believe to be an inferior product. As a jump up, though, you'd probably be more prepared than if you were to go for a PG at this point.

On the subject of the cost of MG kits, buying in stores can be crazy expensive. I generally rely on gundamstoreandmore.com lately, and they have MG kits from like $27.50 and up.

And some MGs do have spare parts. In some cases, it's apparently because the parts trees came from earlier versions of the same kit, and the parts needed have changed. If you look in the instruction sheets at the list of part trees, the diagrams should indicate pieces not needed for construction.

Heroblob wrote: View Post

I don't think RG models are too much harder than recent MG models; they're just smaller, and there are obvious considerations due to that.

Having said that, it depends on which RG you're going for, too. I built the original Gundam RG (Gundam docks in Hong Kong version) and it was easy as pie, but I've paused in construction of the Zaku IIs, because of all the little ring-shaped things that you make his piping out of. There are so many it's frustrating! But I will return to it. I promise.
If you ever want to try MG kits for the Zaku II or related Zeon suits, like the Gouf, prepare for more of those rings. I built a MG Gouf almost a decade ago, and the piping was all like that, and the "Heat Rod" whip was even worse, because I had to tie the end of a small, thin cord tight enough to create a knot big enough to keep the pieces from slipping off, and I failed so many times and had to snip the cord so much that the final product was almost half as long as it should've been.
Old June 18th, 2014, 04:16 PM #79
> Gold Samurai
Power Ranger

Gold Samurai
Power Ranger

So I got this gundam SD figure along time ago. I can't remember it's name any help would be great

Gold Samurai is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2014, 05:01 PM #80
> Crow T. Robot
Wisecracker

Crow T. Robot
Wisecracker

Just from the shield, it looks like the GP-01 "Zephyranthes" from Gundam 0083.