Home Menu

Menu

Old May 15th, 2019, 06:38 AM #601
> Cestro
Host of The Onyx Tavern

Cestro
Host of The Onyx Tavern

Dukemon wrote: View Post

Correct. We're not really supposed to see this. Complaining that we don't have HD versions of them is silly, and childish at best.
All I'm trying to say is that after years and years of bad quality images, I would imagine that whomever is providing us with the leaks would have found a way to provide a better quality photo. I don't find that childish or silly, but rather a logical progression, particularly if it's the same person.

Again, if they are provided a digital copy of toys, then there really should be no quality issue. But since it's unlikely Bandai would provide a low quality catalog, it would seem to suggest that the catalogs are physical. And in that case, are those providing the leaks not able to take them home or sneak them out? Are they taking pics with their camera phones?

When I was working for the AAF, we were provided HQ images of all the team logos, work marks, and logo packs. Along with game photos etc. Now when I was hired, we were told not to share the images, that they were for internal use only and that the images on the website and those accessible to the public were not of the same quality. But since I had those images digitally, I had the ability to send them out, covertly, if I wanted. Further, I got to see out team's uniform months before the reveal. This included, not only the real thing, but a picture guide that gave great detail of what the uniform was like, something that was not released to the public either.

What I'm getting at is that, in some cases, those in the know have access to these kinds of things and getting them out to people can be done. And I'm only questioning why the quality of these leaks hasn't improved with continued improvements in technology and a steady stream of images being leaked.
Cestro is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2019, 07:33 AM #602
> Gold Samurai
Power Ranger

Gold Samurai
Power Ranger

Thereís no rhyme or reason for HQ or low quality pics every year. Sometimes we just get lucky depending on the person uploading them

If all we get are cut up segments of the catalog with blurred out prices then thatís all we get one year.

If an online store gets 2000 x2000 hq versions of scans weíll get those
Gold Samurai is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2019, 07:37 AM #603
> ⚡Dukemon

Dukemon

Cestro wrote: View Post

All I'm trying to say is that after years and years of bad quality images, I would imagine that whomever is providing us with the leaks would have found a way to provide a better quality photo. I don't find that childish or silly, but rather a logical progression, particularly if it's the same person.

Again, if they are provided a digital copy of toys, then there really should be no quality issue. But since it's unlikely Bandai would provide a low quality catalog, it would seem to suggest that the catalogs are physical. And in that case, are those providing the leaks not able to take them home or sneak them out? Are they taking pics with their camera phones?

When I was working for the AAF, we were provided HQ images of all the team logos, work marks, and logo packs. Along with game photos etc. Now when I was hired, we were told not to share the images, that they were for internal use only and that the images on the website and those accessible to the public were not of the same quality. But since I had those images digitally, I had the ability to send them out, covertly, if I wanted. Further, I got to see out team's uniform months before the reveal. This included, not only the real thing, but a picture guide that gave great detail of what the uniform was like, something that was not released to the public either.

What I'm getting at is that, in some cases, those in the know have access to these kinds of things and getting them out to people can be done. And I'm only questioning why the quality of these leaks hasn't improved with continued improvements in technology and a steady stream of images being leaked.
-It's not the same person providing us the scans every time. In fact, it's usually a different person/persons. They're not supposed to post these pictures, and every time someone does, they risk the ire of Bandai Japan.

-The current catalogs are not physical, they're only digital, since Zyuohger. Making them low-quality/hard to see is a workaround for posting them. It's not clear, or it's missing parts of a page, so it's TECHNICALLY not breaking any gag orders.

-Lastly, leaking images early to the public gets you fired. Or in the case of wholesalers- blacklisted. I've seen it happen to PLEX employees before who were dumb enough to do it, as well as third-party leakers. Of course they're not going to leak things in HD quality, and there's no reason to expect them to.
Dukemon is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old May 15th, 2019, 11:48 AM #604
> AnAlpha
Power Ranger

32 eBay
AnAlpha
Power Ranger

32 eBay

As someone who sometimes gets access to the catalogs, trust that people aren't uploading low quality because they want to or are limited by their hardware. Bandai is pretty tough on leaks, and sometimes employs trickery to figure out where/whom it came from. It's not in anyone's best interest (on the possession/leaking side) to just scan the whole thing to a PDF (unsure if they even still do that, all the ones I've seen have been digital), or copy the original PDF and upload right away.

We tend to get better quality over time as more catalogs in circulation tends to dilute the pool a bit. There's also the fact that Bandai often requires things remain mum until a certain date, so once that passes, we tend to see more leaks and in higher quality.
AnAlpha is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old May 15th, 2019, 03:23 PM #605
> tavionjackson
Power Ranger

tavionjackson
Power Ranger

Thatís actually pretty interesting. Especially considering the quality of the Q2 scans in February then we got even clearer pics in April,
tavionjackson is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2019, 07:21 AM #606
> Cosmo773
Power Ranger

Cosmo773
Power Ranger

So the new topic at B-Boys is DimeVolcano. The gold and translucent plastic really make him pop. As you can see in the photos (top view and pieces view) that side piece on DimeVolcano is Gigant KishiRyu-Ohs head, so no new Ryusoul for that part.

Cosmo773 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2019, 07:25 AM #607
> ⚡Dukemon

Dukemon

Yeah, he looks great. Can't wait to get him
Old May 18th, 2019, 05:13 AM #608
> Trey-El
Red Scorpion Ranger

Trey-El
Red Scorpion Ranger

So far, every mech has looked great

I think that extra piece on DimeVolcano's shoulder flips up like a RyuSoul
Trey-El is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2019, 05:07 AM #609
> The Real Torhu
Smug Life yo!

The Real Torhu
Smug Life yo!

Trey-El wrote: View Post

So far, every mech has looked great

I think that extra piece on DimeVolcano's shoulder flips up like a RyuSoul
Sure looks like the grey piece between the two flames flips down.
The Real Torhu is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2019, 04:04 PM #610
> Cosmo773
Power Ranger

Cosmo773
Power Ranger

As we stated before it's the head for Gigant, so instead of a ryusoul we get this piece for the head. Doubtful it will have the molding to make a sound in the changer or sword, as it has to accommodate the clips to attach to DimeVolcano.
We'll know in about 5 days.
Old May 20th, 2019, 08:40 PM #611
> The Real Torhu
Smug Life yo!

The Real Torhu
Smug Life yo!

No one is saying it'll make noise. It just has a grey "stalk" so it can either slide in to Tyramigo's neck hole or clips on to a head that does.
Old May 21st, 2019, 04:13 AM #612
> Cosmo773
Power Ranger

Cosmo773
Power Ranger

Neat 3D printed adapters for the Mini-Pla.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvwKQXbMQhQ
Old May 23rd, 2019, 01:46 AM #613
> Yamato
King of the Pirates

Yamato
King of the Pirates

Wotafa's DimeVolcano review:

Yamato is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2019, 02:42 AM #614
> Trey-El
Red Scorpion Ranger

Trey-El
Red Scorpion Ranger

You beat me to posting it

But now we know how the new head piece attaches. It just plugs onto the top of the chest piece/DimeVolcano's tail for GigantKishiRyuOh. Also, Looking over SpinoThunder again recently, I figured out how DimeVolcano combines there. Now we wait on the big guy...
Trey-El is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2019, 05:44 AM #615
> Jerry
Withering away

Jerry
Withering away

Man, the gold paint is so on point this year. I love it.
Jerry is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2019, 07:45 AM #616
> The Real Torhu
Smug Life yo!

The Real Torhu
Smug Life yo!

Okay, so it looks like the way the head works on Mosa/Tyramigo you just plug the chest armor on and the grey part connects to the top of that and just sorta sits in front of whichever Soul ends up forming the head.

EDIT: So wotafa has a proposed 6 Knights combo based on his 5 Knights mod.

I guess? My only complaint is putting Dime's main body on his shoulders like that only works as long as you don't move the arms. I could picture it in the show looking more like boosters coming off his *back* though.

Last edited by The Real Torhu; May 24th, 2019 at 07:51 AM.
Old May 24th, 2019, 11:57 AM #617
> alphawolf0001
Power Ranger

alphawolf0001
Power Ranger

I feel like he could've blended the pieces in better, I've been thinking about how to incorporate dime into my custom and the only part in having trouble with is dimes' head. So excited to get one in hand and mess around with it
alphawolf0001 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2019, 12:29 PM #618
> Spider-Phoenix
Setting things right

Spider-Phoenix
Setting things right

And Triken's nose sword keeps being a problem on those custom combinations. Bandai should have made the sword removable.
Spider-Phoenix is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2019, 01:58 AM #619
> alphawolf0001
Power Ranger

alphawolf0001
Power Ranger

I usually keep the front triken part on the forearm as a sword in my combos, it just makes more sense to me. If I could figure out how to post pictures I'd show it off
alphawolf0001 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2019, 02:39 PM #620
> ⚡Dukemon

Dukemon

Updated the RyuSoul List on the front page. We only have 3 remaining standard armors now without announced releases. I think we'll get them for sure. The special sounds after the Kyo RyuSouls...I'm not as certain about.