RangerBoard

Go Back   RangerBoard > Forums > Conventions
Register Rules/FAQ VIP Membership Calendar Search Mark Forums Read

Old August 31st, 2017, 03:37 PM   #281
RitoRevolto
Bumbling henchposter

Larry Koopa wrote: View Post

Drastic topic change- do the actors who are there charge for autographs like at horror conventions, or are they free for anyone who waits in line like comic conventions? If they charge, what sort of price range should I expect?
They all do, expect $20-30.
RitoRevolto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2017, 05:40 PM   #282
TheTerrorToad87
Mmm...Power Rangers....

eBay
It seemed like the guests who basically just go to cons for a living had higher prices than the ones who do not.
TheTerrorToad87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2017, 11:41 PM   #283
⚡Zeddykins
FACEPALM

TheTerrorToad87 wrote: View Post

Ms. Appleby signed my trading card of her for free last year.
There are a select group of actors that will sign for free. Royce Herron is one of them. Christopher Cho and Dave Mallow both signed my items for free. Neil Kaplan has also been known to accept "donations" if you bring your own item.

Some actors I expect to have high prices, but I get to their table and I'm pleasantly surprised to see they have reasonable prices.
Zeddykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2017, 05:57 AM   #284
hilojakes
Power Ranger

Please excuse my laziness for not reading prior pages but any word on hotels as of yet? I know they were supposed to be announced a while back as stated in that live stream with mmpr toys. Now I'm in the convention running business so I understand the unfortunate setbacks contacts are. I'm just worried that the hotels in Anaheim think we are a crowd like vidcon and would want to charge us an arm and a leg.
hilojakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2017, 07:33 AM   #285
manson26
Flung Out of Space

hilojakes wrote: View Post

Please excuse my laziness for not reading prior pages but any word on hotels as of yet? I know they were supposed to be announced a while back as stated in that live stream with mmpr toys. Now I'm in the convention running business so I understand the unfortunate setbacks contacts are. I'm just worried that the hotels in Anaheim think we are a crowd like vidcon and would want to charge us an arm and a leg.
Nothing yet. I've been waiting for the announcement as well.
manson26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2017, 01:50 PM   #286
Larry Koopa
Olive Ranger

I could go for a hotel announcement, myself. If it goes like the figure reveal, we could be booking a "mystery" hotel.
Larry Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2017, 03:54 PM   #287
the_future_zordon
Power Ranger

ITs werid seeing guests charge for autographs, as the anime cons here in wisconsin dont charge for any, and weve had people like Steve Blum
the_future_zordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2017, 09:14 PM   #288
TheTerrorToad87
Mmm...Power Rangers....

eBay
Good lord the lines for some of the guests are already long enough, could you imagine how long they would be if they signed autographs for free??

Larry Koopa wrote: View Post

I could go for a hotel announcement, myself. If it goes like the figure reveal, we could be booking a "mystery" hotel.
I think that's called booking on Hotwire.com
Old September 2nd, 2017, 08:37 AM   #289
RitoRevolto
Bumbling henchposter

the_future_zordon wrote: View Post

ITs werid seeing guests charge for autographs, as the anime cons here in wisconsin dont charge for any, and weve had people like Steve Blum
The business model is more like a sci fi con. Scott might put them up, but the guests buy dinner (and then some) on your money.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...entions-933062

"Here's how it works: Actors typically ask for a price guarantee — often paid up front — to show up, sign autographs, pose for photos and sometimes take part in a panel discussion or two. Most conventions charge an entry fee, collect $5 for every autograph and $10 per photo (with a photographer taking another $10). The stars — who receive luxury travel and accommodations — pocket the rest. Anything over the guarantee is icing on the cake."
RitoRevolto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2017, 10:45 AM   #290
hilojakes
Power Ranger

As a person who works for amke in Milwaukee I've have paid for a ton of autographs at the hometown con but I digress I would assume the autograph prices are to supplement any income possibly missed by attending the con that weekend plus covering any fees their team may have for booking them and if memory serves me their prices weren't that bad ranging from free to 25 bucks then there were the outrageous prices that I was like "nah don't tell me "
hilojakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2017, 02:51 PM   #291
⚡Dukemon

Zeddykins wrote: View Post

Two free autograph tickets? I remember last time it was one for an autograph and one more for a picture at their table. And even then, only certain actors will agree to accept them. I know I wished Michael Copon had accepted the autograph ticket, I paid $50 for him to sign my own picture.
I definitely used my two for autographs....but I could be misremembering; it was my first time going last year and I was a little overwhelmed by all the stuff.

But yes, only certain actors will accept these, based on their pricing and such.
Dukemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2017, 03:10 PM   #292
the_future_zordon
Power Ranger

Well This will be the first giant con I've been to, so Im a little nervous and excited.
the_future_zordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2017, 06:53 PM   #293
PopCultureLover06
Power Ranger

when I was at Long Beach Comic-Con over a week ago, I spoke to this MMPR Red Ranger cosplayer, he told me he heard that Amy Jo is finally going to attend Morphicon next year, he said he saw it on the guest list section on the Morphicon site, and on her FB page events schedule, but when I checked, there was nothing listed there, he must have been bluffing, but oh well, like I said before, it's not a big deal to me if she declines Morphicon again since I finally got to meet her earlier this year, but still it would be nice if she did in honor of the 25th anniversary next year, and for many fans in California who haven't met her yet.
PopCultureLover06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2017, 10:37 AM   #294
gothamninja394
Power Ranger

Hey!

Well This will be the first giant con I've been to, so Im a little nervous and excited.
Same here, if I can go. I just dont know anyone who's into power rangers around here who'd be willing to take me, noone who lives near me that is. But that Lord Drakkon figure, I must add it to my collection!
gothamninja394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2017, 03:45 PM   #295
TheTerrorToad87
Mmm...Power Rangers....

eBay

It's honestly not as big as you'd think. Wizard World cons are bigger.
Old September 14th, 2017, 05:37 PM   #296
Finlaena
Tonight, Tonight, Tonight

hilojakes wrote: View Post

tbbh, I'd just reserve a room at one of the hotels closest to the con now and wait to see what the rate is. If you play your cards right, you can sometimes -though not always- get a far cheaper "normal" rate than you would with the official con rate.

Case in point: I went to Heroes & Villains Fan Fest Atlanta (phew!) last November. It took them forever to announce the official hotel of the con, so I figured I'd just book a room at the Omni CNN Center regardless. After signing up for Omni's loyalty program, I got a rate of about $163/night. A day later, the con posted the room blocks and they were about $204/night.

I'm not saying this will be the case for PMC, but it's definitely something to keep in mind. I'm reserving a room anyways, because I'm still on the fence about going, but I don't want to be caught at the last minute trying to find a hotel within a reasonable distance (and I sure as shit don't trust Airbnb, but that's a whole other kettle of fish).
Finlaena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2017, 07:32 PM   #297
TheTerrorToad87
Mmm...Power Rangers....

eBay
I wouldn't have been able to go at all last time if it wasn't for airbnb. I got an amazing private bedroom and bathroom basically right behind the convention center. And my four night stay cost less than one night at the Westin or Sheraton.
Old September 16th, 2017, 02:26 PM   #298
AngieYaz
Power Ranger

I hope Barbara, Richard, Robert, Oliver and Wendee will be there!
AngieYaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2017, 10:45 PM   #299
kwantrini
VIP Rider

eBay
i'm new to this whole convention thing so i apologize if i'm asking something really stupid, but how does the whole non-attending thing work?
kwantrini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2017, 11:42 PM   #300
Ankh Primo
R.I.P: Resides In Playboy

kwantrini wrote: View Post

i'm new to this whole convention thing so i apologize if i'm asking something really stupid, but how does the whole non-attending thing work?
You're just buying all of the swag you would have gotten for free had you purchased a ticket to be there.
Ankh Primo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bring deodorant, morphicon 6