RangerBoard

Go Back   RangerBoard > Forums > Merchandise
Register Rules/FAQ VIP Membership Calendar Search Mark Forums Read

Old September 12th, 2017, 12:00 PM   #21
Silver_Tiger
Power Ranger

"People here really need to brush up on what copyright means." I think that's the issue...and has been for awhile, you really can't define in these terms what copyright means, here's the deal. the Power Ranger strike on shapeways happened there were only a finite number of people selling Power Ranger products, like 3-5 ...those people are still on shapeways and so are some of the models, models that don't have Power Rangers in the name...IF they were concerned they would have taken all models down, hell the turbo navigator i have on that site is literally a piece that will function with the original 5 inch vehicle figures. I'm not sure copyright has anything to do with this strike other then Saban has hired out 3rd parties to create 3d sculpts for them .anyway until more information is brought forth any similarity to other situations not pertaining to 3d merch is just a coincidence

..like i said this isn't a big deal to me because I couldn't sell a power ranger model to save my life, so it's fine for me, but others may have a bigger problem
Silver_Tiger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2017, 06:23 PM   #22
Reaper33X
Power Ranger

Could they be listed as 'Sentai' replicas instead?
Saban has no rights over that
Reaper33X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2017, 06:38 PM   #23
Xenotome
★Morgan McMichaels★

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper33X View Post
Could they be listed as 'Sentai' replicas instead?
Saban has no rights over that
Spoiler Alert: Yes they do. They're using an automated service to pick up the word Power Rangers and that's why things without the name (or with the Sentai name) aren't getting flagged, but they also have all of the IP rights to all of the designs in every territory of the world outside of Asia. They have to otherwise they wouldn't be able to put out their own merchandise.
Xenotome is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2017, 10:29 PM   #24
MysteryRanger
Power Ranger

Heck just do what the 3rd Party companies do for Transformers just tweak the design enough to where it looks enough like the item you want to have made but not spot on to the item that exists and there ya go
MysteryRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2017, 04:58 PM   #25
Gerky
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteryRanger View Post
Heck just do what the 3rd Party companies do for Transformers just tweak the design enough to where it looks enough like the item you want to have made but not spot on to the item that exists and there ya go
So add a bunch of unnecessary overly busy detailing and make it crazy bulky is what you're saying?
Gerky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2017, 11:00 AM   #26
The Real Torhu
Smug Life yo!

Quote:
3rd Parties operate under the knowledge Hasbro could crack down on them at any time if they were so inclined.

When it comes to Shapeways though, Transformers items are listed under codenames and descriptions that interested fans would be able to recognize as the trademarked item.
The Real Torhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2017, 10:19 PM   #27
MysteryRanger
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Torhu View Post
3rd Parties operate under the knowledge Hasbro could crack down on them at any time if they were so inclined.

When it comes to Shapeways though, Transformers items are listed under codenames and descriptions that interested fans would be able to recognize as the trademarked item.
Then couldnt the same be done for Power Rangers stuff?

On another note couldnt someone create like 3D metallic stickers of the Power Coins (Dino Ninja Doron Changer ones) to put on the blank legacy coin that shapeways has?
MysteryRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2017, 11:39 PM   #28
Silver_Tiger
Power Ranger

Again, this was a "power rangers" strike. Power Rangers the name, other models are still up, the ones that don't carry the Power Ranger name.
Silver_Tiger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2017, 05:05 PM   #29
bellmore1987
Power Ranger

That wanderertj is on RB https://www.RangerBoard.com/showthread.php?t=180675
bellmore1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2017, 02:24 PM   #30
The Real Torhu
Smug Life yo!

Quote:
Then couldnt the same be done for Power Rangers stuff?
Presumably yes. Because as pointed out:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Tiger View Post
Again, this was a "power rangers" strike. Power Rangers the name, other models are still up, the ones that don't carry the Power Ranger name.
The Real Torhu is offline   Reply With Quote