Home Menu

Menu


Closed
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 13th, 2017, 11:40 AM #741
Ataruman's Avatar
> Ataruman
Heat/Trigger
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 8,399
Ataruman
Heat/Trigger
Ataruman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 8,399



With the rumors of this Rider being an actual scientist, I sort of wonder if my crazy "Foundation X Riderman" idea may come to fruition.
Ataruman is online now  
Old July 13th, 2017, 11:45 AM #742
Arkvoodle's Avatar
> Arkvoodle
HEED MY WILL!!!
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 3,708
eBay
Arkvoodle
HEED MY WILL!!!
Arkvoodle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 3,708
eBay



Just noticed the sketch doesn't seem to have the "gear" logo image we saw with the leaked silhouette & catalog teaser.

Maybe that was just the series logo & not actually part of the suit...
Arkvoodle is offline  
Old July 13th, 2017, 11:46 AM #743
> Merlin
White Wizard
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 25,322
Merlin
White Wizard
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 25,322



Ataruman wrote: View Post

With the rumors of this Rider being an actual scientist, I sort of wonder if my crazy "Foundation X Riderman" idea may come to fruition.
Let. This. Happen.
Merlin is online now  
Old July 13th, 2017, 11:46 AM #744
LazerwolfX's Avatar
> LazerwolfX
Fight of Hammer
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,340
LazerwolfX
Fight of Hammer
LazerwolfX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,340



Or you could not speak on people's behalf Merlin?

My argument is that even post-wizard the simple idea of including the numbering as a design element on the belt didn't stick, it keeps changing because like a conspiracy theory you guys are gonna find what you're looking for because it's a simple form that coincidentally occurs all the time. I mean hell, the gashats don't even resemble a 9 unless you flip them upside down and then face down, and even then they only barely look like a nine.

The whole thing just reeks of desperation to see a pattern that wouldn't mean anything even if it was confirmed.
LazerwolfX is offline  
Old July 13th, 2017, 11:52 AM #745
Gold Samurai's Avatar
> Gold Samurai
Power Ranger
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 28,217
Gold Samurai
Power Ranger
Gold Samurai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 28,217



Arkvoodle wrote: View Post

Just noticed the sketch doesn't seem to have the "gear" logo image we saw with the leaked silhouette & catalog teaser.

Maybe that was just the series logo & not actually part of the suit...
He's got something on his chest

Gold Samurai is online now  
Old July 13th, 2017, 11:56 AM #746
TealMystechRanger's Avatar
> TealMystechRanger
or AcceLOWorst
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 12,483
TealMystechRanger
or AcceLOWorst
TealMystechRanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 12,483



Arkvoodle wrote: View Post

Just noticed the sketch doesn't seem to have the "gear" logo image we saw with the leaked silhouette & catalog teaser.

Maybe that was just the series logo & not actually part of the suit...
The drawing has it under the "Birudo" of the logo, so yeah, it does look as though it'll be the series' own emblem.

Gold Samurai wrote: View Post

He's got something on his chest

http://imgur.com/bEuYl7I.jpg
A gear, and some text! (Sorry, couldn't help myself.)

That's overlaid on the silhouette; we don't know if it's actually part of his design, and the drawing suggests not.
TealMystechRanger is offline  
Old July 13th, 2017, 11:56 AM #747
maslego's Avatar
> maslego
Idea Ranger
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 3,728
maslego
Idea Ranger
maslego's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 3,728



Dukemon wrote: View Post

Well, they are base forms though- he has at least one Sparkling form, afterwards. (Rabbit Tank Sparkling)

Also, Kiryuu Sento seems to be a scientist.
Is there any special translation of his name or is it just a name?
maslego is online now  
Old July 13th, 2017, 12:00 PM #748
> Merlin
White Wizard
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 25,322
Merlin
White Wizard
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 25,322



LazerwolfX wrote: View Post

Or you could not speak on people's behalf Merlin?
You mean even though I only repeated what you've been saying all these years? You've been doing just the same to say this "reeks of desperation," dear.

Your argument is equally circled back on to you. You choose to not see something because it shifted, because its presentation changed. To be convinced, you had to see the same thing in the same spot, or presented the same way each time. It must be continuous, deliberate, literal, and not a coincidence. In that I'm not speaking on your behalf when you present exactly the same argument every time this subject comes up. And so you're not out in the cold, it's not just you, it's the same argument presented by all naysayers.
Merlin is online now  
Old July 13th, 2017, 12:11 PM #749
LazerwolfX's Avatar
> LazerwolfX
Fight of Hammer
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,340
LazerwolfX
Fight of Hammer
LazerwolfX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,340



Merlin wrote: View Post

You mean even though I only repeated what you've been saying all these years? You've been doing just the same to say this "reeks of desperation," dear.

Your argument is equally circled back on to you. You choose to not see something because it shifted, because its presentation changed. To be convinced, you had to see the same thing in the same spot, or presented the same way each time. It must be deliberate and not a coincidence. In that I'm not speaking on your behalf when you present exactly the same argument every time this subject comes up. And so you're not out in the cold, it's not just you, it's the same argument presented by all naysayers.
No. You clearly didn't take the time to understand my statement. One shift is fine, I agree that 5-10 gimmicks would be preposterous. However, when it has to shift multiple times it simply starts to feel like reaching.

It's not like I'm against the mere idea of a pattern, I'm a designer, recognizing patterns comes second nature to me and is literally a daily part of my job. I get in disputes with rider fans about suit details all the time.

I just don't see it here, and maybe I'm just off on this one. But either way the existence of this sequencing affects, means, and changes literally nothing. It means nothing and yet you argue for it as though we're debating the existence of a god.
LazerwolfX is offline  
Old July 13th, 2017, 12:16 PM #750
> ⚡TeraMan
Monster Rider Mod
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 13,769
TeraMan
Monster Rider Mod
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 13,769



LazerwolfX wrote: View Post

I just don't see it here, and maybe I'm just off on this one.
So...you admit to being "off"...and yet you keep trying to hammer your point as if you're right and everyone else is wrong?

Yeah. Sure. Ok then.
TeraMan is offline    
Old July 13th, 2017, 12:18 PM #751
DigitalBrave3's Avatar
> DigitalBrave3
Mystech Movie Villain
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 258
DigitalBrave3
Mystech Movie Villain
DigitalBrave3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 258



Merlin wrote: View Post

It's quite simple: naysayers believe in literal continuity. That was never a requirement; it was set by them as a requirement. Wizard's not like the previous four, so it must end there. That was never ever a fact, a rule, or a demand, but they insist that it is. You can't convince them otherwise with a bevy of reasons about creativity. They must see exactly the same thing every time, or it makes no sense to them. There is no room for expansion, breadth, liberty, or abstractions in their mind. They must be literal.
You just described the opposite of me. I love finding creative patterns and I am good at thinking outside the box. However, the evidence presented for the number theory is just too loose for me to believe it 100%. Am I saying it doesn't exist? No, because it very well could be intentional by the designers. If anybody from Bandai, Toei, or Plex confirms it to be 100% intended, then all doubts I have will be completely washed away.
DigitalBrave3 is offline  
Old July 13th, 2017, 12:18 PM #752
> Merlin
White Wizard
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 25,322
Merlin
White Wizard
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 25,322



It isn't supposed to change anything! Where did you get that idea? Arguing for a pattern's existence and arguing for its practicality are two different things! This is an aesthetic we're talking about.

You and I have danced this dance before. You believe multiple shifts is reaching, that's fine. I don't, yet there's absolutely nothing to say either of us is right in that regard. You admit maybe you're just off, but you're 100% right that nothing may come of its existence. I don't think anyone has ever stated that. It could mean absolutely nothing useful beyond a pretty design and not worked into a show's context at all.

But calling something useless doesn't discredit its existence. That seems to be the reason for your trying to falsify the idea, that something has to made of it. And that's not adequate. Tons of ideas about Japanese aesthetics have nothing to do with their functionality, but people embrace them anyway.
Merlin is online now  
Old July 13th, 2017, 12:19 PM #753
AnAlpha's Avatar
> AnAlpha
Power Ranger
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 3,362
32 eBay
AnAlpha
Power Ranger
AnAlpha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 3,362
32 eBay



10 forms, IMO, is indeed a stretch. I mean, had this been the 6th or 9th series, folks would have used the design as an indicator. Everything before ex-aid (the 9 points) made some sense to me (gaim's 6 lock seed, drive's shift car in a 7 position and the infinite symbol in ghost), but I feel the last 2 are... unlikely.
AnAlpha is offline  
Old July 13th, 2017, 12:20 PM #754
LazerwolfX's Avatar
> LazerwolfX
Fight of Hammer
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,340
LazerwolfX
Fight of Hammer
LazerwolfX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,340



Maybe. I said *maybe* I'm off. Those two statements are different.
LazerwolfX is offline  
Old July 13th, 2017, 12:25 PM #755
DigitalBrave3's Avatar
> DigitalBrave3
Mystech Movie Villain
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 258
DigitalBrave3
Mystech Movie Villain
DigitalBrave3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 258



How about we just quit this incredibly stupid argument about the stupid number theory?
DigitalBrave3 is offline  
Old July 13th, 2017, 12:27 PM #756
LazerwolfX's Avatar
> LazerwolfX
Fight of Hammer
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,340
LazerwolfX
Fight of Hammer
LazerwolfX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,340



Merlin wrote: View Post

It isn't supposed to change anything! Where did you get that idea? Arguing for a pattern's existence and arguing for its practicality are two different things! This is an aesthetic we're talking about.

You and I have danced this dance before. You believe multiple shifts is reaching, that's fine. I don't, yet there's absolutely nothing to say either of us is right in that regard. You admit maybe you're just off, but you're 100% right that nothing may come of its existence. I don't think anyone has ever stated that. It could mean absolutely nothing useful beyond a pretty design and not worked into a show's context at all.

But calling something useless doesn't discredit its existence. That seems to be the reason for your trying to falsify the idea, that something has to made of it. And that's not adequate. Tons of ideas about Japanese aesthetics have nothing to do with their functionality, but people embrace them anyway.
I'm saying that with how aggressively and passionately you guys have thrown this around since OOO you'd think it would serve some kind of purpose, or prove something, or mean something. But it doesn't. Every time this topic comes up you guys talk about how ignorant the skeptics are and how its totally there. But why? Why get so passionate about a theory if it ultimately doesn't mean anything?
LazerwolfX is offline  
Old July 13th, 2017, 12:27 PM #757
> ⚡Dukemon
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 16,207
Dukemon
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 16,207



DigitalBrave3 wrote: View Post

How about we just quit this incredibly stupid argument about the stupid number theory?
Good idea, there's plenty to talk about, so let's leave that alone.
Dukemon is offline    
Old July 13th, 2017, 12:28 PM #758
> Judge DekaTeal Friday
Plus Ultra!
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,519
Judge DekaTeal Friday
Plus Ultra!
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,519



Yeah guys, c'mon. Some people like to see some pattern, and other people think we're bat-shit crazy. It's not worth fighting over.
Judge DekaTeal Friday is online now  
Old July 13th, 2017, 12:29 PM #759
maslego's Avatar
> maslego
Idea Ranger
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 3,728
maslego
Idea Ranger
maslego's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 3,728



Dukemon wrote: View Post

Good idea, there's plenty to talk about, so let's leave that alone.
On that note

Dukemon wrote: View Post


Also, Kiryuu Sento seems to be a scientist.
Is there any significance to his name, like a translation or is it just a name?
maslego is online now  
Old July 13th, 2017, 12:30 PM #760
LazerwolfX's Avatar
> LazerwolfX
Fight of Hammer
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,340
LazerwolfX
Fight of Hammer
LazerwolfX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,340



Dukemon wrote: View Post

Good idea, there's plenty to talk about, so let's leave that alone.
Fair enough, I truly apologize for derailing the thread. I got a tad carried away and that wasn't cool. Sorry.
LazerwolfX is offline  
Closed

Tags
buildfighter, buildyourwallet, giscanon, neog?, neogaimu?, on the bottle, whatisthis

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:33 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® / Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
 

Connect