RangerBoard

Go Back   RangerBoard > Forums > Discussions
Register Rules/FAQ VIP Membership Calendar Search Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old July 13th, 2017, 11:40 AM   #741
Ataruman
Heat/Trigger

With the rumors of this Rider being an actual scientist, I sort of wonder if my crazy "Foundation X Riderman" idea may come to fruition.
Old July 13th, 2017, 11:45 AM   #742
Arkvoodle
HEED MY WILL!!!

eBay
Just noticed the sketch doesn't seem to have the "gear" logo image we saw with the leaked silhouette & catalog teaser.

Maybe that was just the series logo & not actually part of the suit...
Old July 13th, 2017, 11:46 AM   #743
Merlin
Earth's Legendary Blades

Ataruman wrote: View Post

With the rumors of this Rider being an actual scientist, I sort of wonder if my crazy "Foundation X Riderman" idea may come to fruition.
Let. This. Happen.
Old July 13th, 2017, 11:46 AM   #744
LazerwolfX
Fight of Hammer

Or you could not speak on people's behalf Merlin?

My argument is that even post-wizard the simple idea of including the numbering as a design element on the belt didn't stick, it keeps changing because like a conspiracy theory you guys are gonna find what you're looking for because it's a simple form that coincidentally occurs all the time. I mean hell, the gashats don't even resemble a 9 unless you flip them upside down and then face down, and even then they only barely look like a nine.

The whole thing just reeks of desperation to see a pattern that wouldn't mean anything even if it was confirmed.
Old July 13th, 2017, 11:52 AM   #745
Gold Samurai
Power Ranger

Arkvoodle wrote: View Post

Just noticed the sketch doesn't seem to have the "gear" logo image we saw with the leaked silhouette & catalog teaser.

He's got something on his chest

Old July 13th, 2017, 11:56 AM   #746
TealMystechRanger
One For All

Arkvoodle wrote: View Post

The drawing has it under the "Birudo" of the logo, so yeah, it does look as though it'll be the series' own emblem.

Gold Samurai wrote: View Post

He's got something on his chest

http://imgur.com/bEuYl7I.jpg
A gear, and some text! (Sorry, couldn't help myself.)

That's overlaid on the silhouette; we don't know if it's actually part of his design, and the drawing suggests not.
Old July 13th, 2017, 11:56 AM   #747
maslego
Idea Ranger

Dukemon wrote: View Post

Well, they are base forms though- he has at least one Sparkling form, afterwards. (Rabbit Tank Sparkling)

Also, Kiryuu Sento seems to be a scientist.
Is there any special translation of his name or is it just a name?
Old July 13th, 2017, 12:00 PM   #748
Merlin
Earth's Legendary Blades

LazerwolfX wrote: View Post

Or you could not speak on people's behalf Merlin?
You mean even though I only repeated what you've been saying all these years? You've been doing just the same to say this "reeks of desperation," dear.

Your argument is equally circled back on to you. You choose to not see something because it shifted, because its presentation changed. To be convinced, you had to see the same thing in the same spot, or presented the same way each time. It must be continuous, deliberate, literal, and not a coincidence. In that I'm not speaking on your behalf when you present exactly the same argument every time this subject comes up. And so you're not out in the cold, it's not just you, it's the same argument presented by all naysayers.
Old July 13th, 2017, 12:11 PM   #749
LazerwolfX
Fight of Hammer

Merlin wrote: View Post

You mean even though I only repeated what you've been saying all these years? You've been doing just the same to say this "reeks of desperation," dear.

Your argument is equally circled back on to you. You choose to not see something because it shifted, because its presentation changed. To be convinced, you had to see the same thing in the same spot, or presented the same way each time. It must be deliberate and not a coincidence. In that I'm not speaking on your behalf when you present exactly the same argument every time this subject comes up. And so you're not out in the cold, it's not just you, it's the same argument presented by all naysayers.
No. You clearly didn't take the time to understand my statement. One shift is fine, I agree that 5-10 gimmicks would be preposterous. However, when it has to shift multiple times it simply starts to feel like reaching.

It's not like I'm against the mere idea of a pattern, I'm a designer, recognizing patterns comes second nature to me and is literally a daily part of my job. I get in disputes with rider fans about suit details all the time.

I just don't see it here, and maybe I'm just off on this one. But either way the existence of this sequencing affects, means, and changes literally nothing. It means nothing and yet you argue for it as though we're debating the existence of a god.
Old July 13th, 2017, 12:16 PM   #750
tasti man LH
Never fear, *I* am here!

LazerwolfX wrote: View Post

I just don't see it here, and maybe I'm just off on this one.
So...you admit to being "off"...and yet you keep trying to hammer your point as if you're right and everyone else is wrong?

Yeah. Sure. Ok then.
Old July 13th, 2017, 12:18 PM   #751
DigitalBrave3
Mystech Movie Villain

It's quite simple: naysayers believe in literal continuity. That was never a requirement; it was set by them as a requirement. Wizard's not like the previous four, so it must end there. That was never ever a fact, a rule, or a demand, but they insist that it is. You can't convince them otherwise with a bevy of reasons about creativity. They must see exactly the same thing every time, or it makes no sense to them. There is no room for expansion, breadth, liberty, or abstractions in their mind. They must be literal.
You just described the opposite of me. I love finding creative patterns and I am good at thinking outside the box. However, the evidence presented for the number theory is just too loose for me to believe it 100%. Am I saying it doesn't exist? No, because it very well could be intentional by the designers. If anybody from Bandai, Toei, or Plex confirms it to be 100% intended, then all doubts I have will be completely washed away.
Old July 13th, 2017, 12:18 PM   #752
Merlin
Earth's Legendary Blades

It isn't supposed to change anything! Where did you get that idea? Arguing for a pattern's existence and arguing for its practicality are two different things! This is an aesthetic we're talking about.

You and I have danced this dance before. You believe multiple shifts is reaching, that's fine. I don't, yet there's absolutely nothing to say either of us is right in that regard. You admit maybe you're just off, but you're 100% right that nothing may come of its existence. I don't think anyone has ever stated that. It could mean absolutely nothing useful beyond a pretty design and not worked into a show's context at all.

But calling something useless doesn't discredit its existence. That seems to be the reason for your trying to falsify the idea, that something has to made of it. And that's not adequate. Tons of ideas about Japanese aesthetics have nothing to do with their functionality, but people embrace them anyway.
Old July 13th, 2017, 12:19 PM   #753
AnAlpha
Power Ranger

32 eBay
10 forms, IMO, is indeed a stretch. I mean, had this been the 6th or 9th series, folks would have used the design as an indicator. Everything before ex-aid (the 9 points) made some sense to me (gaim's 6 lock seed, drive's shift car in a 7 position and the infinite symbol in ghost), but I feel the last 2 are... unlikely.
Old July 13th, 2017, 12:20 PM   #754
LazerwolfX
Fight of Hammer

Maybe. I said *maybe* I'm off. Those two statements are different.
Old July 13th, 2017, 12:25 PM   #755
DigitalBrave3
Mystech Movie Villain

How about we just quit this incredibly stupid argument about the stupid number theory?
Old July 13th, 2017, 12:27 PM   #756
LazerwolfX
Fight of Hammer

It isn't supposed to change anything! Where did you get that idea? Arguing for a pattern's existence and arguing for its practicality are two different things! This is an aesthetic we're talking about.

You and I have danced this dance before. You believe multiple shifts is reaching, that's fine. I don't, yet there's absolutely nothing to say either of us is right in that regard. You admit maybe you're just off, but you're 100% right that nothing may come of its existence. I don't think anyone has ever stated that. It could mean absolutely nothing useful beyond a pretty design and not worked into a show's context at all.

But calling something useless doesn't discredit its existence. That seems to be the reason for your trying to falsify the idea, that something has to made of it. And that's not adequate. Tons of ideas about Japanese aesthetics have nothing to do with their functionality, but people embrace them anyway.
I'm saying that with how aggressively and passionately you guys have thrown this around since OOO you'd think it would serve some kind of purpose, or prove something, or mean something. But it doesn't. Every time this topic comes up you guys talk about how ignorant the skeptics are and how its totally there. But why? Why get so passionate about a theory if it ultimately doesn't mean anything?
Old July 13th, 2017, 12:27 PM   #757
⚡Dukemon

DigitalBrave3 wrote: View Post

How about we just quit this incredibly stupid argument about the stupid number theory?
Good idea, there's plenty to talk about, so let's leave that alone.
Old July 13th, 2017, 12:28 PM   #758
DekaRed
Plus Ultra!

Yeah guys, c'mon. Some people like to see some pattern, and other people think we're bat-shit crazy. It's not worth fighting over.
Old July 13th, 2017, 12:29 PM   #759
maslego
Idea Ranger

On that note

Also, Kiryuu Sento seems to be a scientist.
Is there any significance to his name, like a translation or is it just a name?
Old July 13th, 2017, 12:30 PM   #760
LazerwolfX
Fight of Hammer

Fair enough, I truly apologize for derailing the thread. I got a tad carried away and that wasn't cool. Sorry.
Closed Thread

Tags
buildfighter, buildyourwallet, giscanon, neog?, neogaimu?, on the bottle, whatisthis