RangerBoard

Go Back   RangerBoard > Forums > Merchandise
Register Rules/FAQ VIP Membership Calendar Search Mark Forums Read

Old December 14th, 2016, 06:52 PM   #81
TealMystechRanger
Terror adhaerens

Well, this is more my flavour of Chromey:

It's a matter of opportunity, though. Took me a year to get Rattrap. I currently don't know how much Ex-Aid stuff I'll get beyond my Christmas haul, don't know if/how much I'll get (anything) Kyuranger-wise, there's other things too, and I currently have no money coming in, so it's all up in the air. But yeah, Chromedome is a must-have. And I'll get a more IDW-style Whirl if they make him, too. Not going to try for a full Lost Light crew, but they're my two faves.

I currently have KyurenOh and the other Voyagers, Seiza Blaster, Kyu The Weapon and the two KyuTama two-packs on my wants list. The morpher and weapon are only their for the KyuTama, really (though they do look fun). If push comes to shove, and depending on what the wider range of KyuTama are like, I may just stick to the mecha. Hell, I should see what Q2 is like before committing, and the show, and even then I doubt I'll jump straight in even if I do miraculously have the money in two months' time.

(Just trying to stay on-topic, haha!)
TealMystechRanger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2016, 07:44 PM   #82
saintnova
Power Ranger

i just pray ever one gets upgrade not just red
saintnova is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2016, 07:45 PM   #83
AnAlpha
Power Ranger

32 eBay
pic is broken
AnAlpha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2016, 08:39 PM   #84
TealMystechRanger
Terror adhaerens

Mine? Oh for... I spent a good few minutes trying to find the most suitable pic.

It's 3:40am here and I need to go to bed. This'll do:

Old December 15th, 2016, 08:45 AM   #85
The Real Torhu
Smug Life yo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcceLOWorst View Post
Hasbro seem to be making a distinction between pre-schooler Rescue Bots, older kids Robots in Disguise and adult-oriented Generations as of late, but that's not going to stop kids buying the toys (and it's not like they're not child-friendly or designed in the same way as most kid-focused Transformers), so the "risk" with teeny figures is still there.
The target audience doesn't change the recommended/safe age range on the packaging.

Rescue Bots specifically are aimed at younger audiences and built/sold as such. But RiD/Generations only differ in "target" audience with the characters they focus on.

RiD introduces new characters mixed in with new takes on classic ones, while Generations focuses mostly on established characters with new ones mixed in only occasionally. But looking across RiD/Generations, there's often crossover characters who come out around the same time to help fans of either transition to the other. (Soundwave, Bumblebee, Grimlock, Prime, Windblade, etc)

And if you look at the two toy lines, the RiD Warriors are quite often more unique or intricate transformations compared to the Generations figures.
The Real Torhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2016, 09:48 AM   #86
TealMystechRanger
Terror adhaerens

Hence me addressing that the Generations toys are still going to be purchased by(/for) children and the fact that they're the same levels of design, playability and suitability-for-children as RiD. It's there in the rest of the discussion, too. (Actually, me even mentioning Hasbro's target age distinction was to clarify what Red Rock was saying, before continuing on into the whole "they're still kids toys" thing. And I did mean "it's not like they're not designed in the same way". Maybe should have repeated the "not" for clarity.)

Wouldn't know about the RiD Warriors though. I lost interest in it once the show actually began, and I find the line a bit much to keep up with when I'm not invested in it with it foregoing the usual size classes for multiple different versions of the same characters. Any you'd specifically recommend looking at to see how they're designed?

Incidentally, that's an interesting point about (theoretical) "crossover" characters. I recall, circa Animated/Universe, there being some talk of trying to not have a character available in both lines so as not to cause confusion. Not sure how that accounts for Starscream and Ratchet, but then I think their Universe releases were in 2009 as opposed to the 2008 Animated ones? (Not that the latter would necessarily be off of shelves by then.)

Err, something something Kyuranger.
Old December 15th, 2016, 11:13 AM   #87
The Real Torhu
Smug Life yo!

Quote:
Err, something something Kyuranger.
To get back to the point, I doubt being a choking hazard would be a killer for the cockpit style balls. Cost/Benefit ratio in the US market would be a more likely measure.
Old December 15th, 2016, 02:05 PM   #88
Gold Samurai
Power Ranger

Someone want to turn Kyurenoh into the Bandai of America version?

-Take away the brown patch on chameleon

- Most of the silver on Swordfish

-Silver on the thighs
Gold Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2016, 02:13 PM   #89
Kaigan

Also, make it stick thin and no longer fun to play with. Presto!
Kaigan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2016, 02:38 PM   #90
TealMystechRanger
Terror adhaerens

Smaller orbs connecting via different means? And perhaps no lights... did the Dino Charge Megazord have any sounds? If not, there's a precedent for skipping electronics.
Old December 15th, 2016, 05:30 PM   #91
Zapdos560
Gokai Change, ZAPDOS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold Samurai View Post
Someone want to turn Kyurenoh into the Bandai of America version?
*Takes out gallon of paint thinner*
Zapdos560 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2016, 05:36 PM   #92
Gold Samurai
Power Ranger

Quote:
Smaller orbs connecting via different means? And perhaps no lights... did the Dino Charge Megazord have any sounds? If not, there's a precedent for skipping electronics.
The Kyutama don't have any lights in it. It's just something in the catalog to make it appealing.

The Dino Charge megazord was stripped of all it's "GABURINCHO!!" goodness
Gold Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2016, 05:52 PM   #93
TealMystechRanger
Terror adhaerens

Does KyurenOh not have lights in it, though? I know the KyuTama don't, but I was under the impression that KyurenOh was illuminating them from behind. That's a shame if not... not a deal-breaker, but a shame... (I'd also assume that the cockpit outlines are part of the Photoshop magic if the lighting is.)

And I see with the DC Megazord. Basically, any electronics that ARE in KyurenOh will be stripped, if indeed there are any to strip. Kyoryuzin was one noisy bastard, anyway. Though I didn't imagine the same sounds would be in the BoA version, just that there could have been new Dino Charge sounds.
Old December 15th, 2016, 05:56 PM   #94
GentaMystechRanger
Roger Roger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaigan View Post
Also, make it stick thin and no longer fun to play with. Presto!
Hey, Dino Charge's zords are extremely fun to play with.

But this is the first year I'd really like to collect the mecha, they look so fun and while I'm usually a huge supporter of BOA after the Ninja Steel line I have some worries.
GentaMystechRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2016, 06:18 PM   #95
Xephon0930
Power Ranger

eBay
Quote:
Originally Posted by genta gai View Post

But this is the first year I'd really like to collect the mecha, they look so fun and while I'm usually a huge supporter of BOA after the Ninja Steel line I have some worries.
Paying a full $35 for an Auxiliary Mecha with crappy repaints of the rest of the Zords that hardly make up for it. Yeah. I can see why people may not want to jump in on that like with the Dino Charge line.
Xephon0930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2016, 05:54 AM   #96
SilverMystechRanger
I was TZKBTJ

Quote:
Does KyurenOh not have lights in it, though? I know the KyuTama don't, but I was under the impression that KyurenOh was illuminating them from behind. That's a shame if not... not a deal-breaker, but a shame... (I'd also assume that the cockpit outlines are part of the Photoshop magic if the lighting is.)
If you look at the left side of the KyurenOh images, it has the yellow-blue lights and sounds icon next to the title. So it seems like KyurenOh can light up.
SilverMystechRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2016, 06:36 AM   #97
TealMystechRanger
Terror adhaerens

Awesome, thanks for pointing that out!
Old December 16th, 2016, 09:37 AM   #98
The Real Torhu
Smug Life yo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by genta gai View Post
Agreed. I *love* the different combinations and the Dino Thunder throwback limb swapping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xephon0930 View Post
Paying a full $35 for an Auxiliary Mecha with crappy repaints of the rest of the Zords that hardly make up for it.
My guess is BoA wants to give *some* semblance of variety in the Megazords that are on store shelves at any given time. Having ONLY Dino Charge or ONLY Ptera Charge maybe didn't move as many of the Deluxe figures as they wanted, which is why stuff trailed behind and Titano became so scarce/late to market.

So they took the Elephant and sold it with a body to give the first wave of Deluxe Megazords something to break up the sameness on stores shelves. Collectors who want just Elephant get stuck having to buy it if they want everything...but kids who don't care will just pick the one they like more.

The bigger problem is the gimmick this time around (humanoid figures piloting the Megazord) doesn't translate the same way as the limb swapping. There's less need to make a bunch of American standalone Zords because now kids who want to utilize the Megazord gimmick can put nearly *any* five inch figure in the seat.

It's especially challenging for the Zord Builder concept as there's nothing to "build" on until the 6th Ranger Megazord and I'm assuming Lion-Oh comes out.

I doubt they'll put every auxilary pilot mech in a new Megazord. So hopefully once the line gets rolling they'll start selling the surfer and UFO standalone around the time their Bison-Oh is trickling out to shelves.
Old December 16th, 2016, 09:41 AM   #99
⚡Dukemon

I officially own all the Zyuohger mecha.

Okay Kyuranger....let's do this thing.
Dukemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2016, 11:56 AM   #100
The Real Torhu
Smug Life yo!

Random Question: Who's going to be the first person to buy the 5 inch Ninja Steel Megazord so it can pilot the Deluxe Ninja Steel Megazord?

Tags
soshiny, too far gone, walletstakingoff