Menu

Old August 7th, 2016, 07:11 AM #81
> Lord-Zero
Chameliac was trolled...

eBay
Lord-Zero
Chameliac was trolled...

eBay

You are not getting it. The prices for the Ninninger mecha are kinda lower now because they've been out for 2 years and they didn't sell that well in Japan. Also, parents would be looking for the cheaper alternative to save on money and the BoJ toys cannot combine nor swap parts with the older BoA toys. ZordBuilder allows the new PR zord toys to be compatible with the old ones so kids can get creative and make all sorts of crazy combinations.
Lord-Zero is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2016, 03:38 PM #82
> ⚡Lord Zedd
Foolish Monkeys

32 eBay
Lord Zedd
Foolish Monkeys

32 eBay

Morgan Lamia wrote: View Post

Thanks to Raz and Rangercrew for the pics.
andr0s81 wrote: View Post

Apparently Bandai is super pissed that the Ninja Steel images were leaked and asked Rangercrew and Tokunation to take them down.
Rycor wrote: View Post

You could infer some...shall we say "frustration" from the lovely Gregory's emoji use on instagram tonight
So I've been on vacation the last few days and am just now able to read through all this.

While it's awesome that we now get to see what the next seasons merchandise will bring, I think that it's total and complete bull that they were revealed like this....by Raz snooping through websites to show stock photos.

I cannot blame Bandai or Greg one bit for being annoyed. PMC is this weekend and they were probably going to unveil these very toys in person for all the attendees to see...but now that has been shot all to hell and really, unless Bandai has something else to surprise guests with, they really won't have much.

I understand that fandom so love to get the heads up on upcoming items and what to expect, but the way that this has transpired and how all past "reveals" that Raz has given people from this season and past seasons, there's no "wow" items at shows anymore and fans of PR and even members of this board will say "I was hoping they would show something new" when the reality is they are showing something new, it's just that Raz has ruined it for people.

That's my little soapbox. I think it's wrong that these items were revealed like this and I think that Bandai and Greg have every right to be upset.
Lord Zedd is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2016, 04:17 PM #83
> grnrngr
www.grnrngr.com

eBay
grnrngr
www.grnrngr.com

eBay

The good news is that there's still plenty more from the Spring 2017 toyline they can show off.

Frankly, the fact that Raz only found this much shows how much he has slipped. But, then again, he's too busy complaining about MMPR, people who don't share the same obsession with a certain actress, and just general complaining.
grnrngr is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2016, 04:26 PM #84
> ⚡Lord Zedd
Foolish Monkeys

32 eBay
Lord Zedd
Foolish Monkeys

32 eBay

That, and thinking that Bandai should have thanked him for all his "promotion" of Super Megaforce...
Old August 7th, 2016, 04:30 PM #85
> Falcon6
Its time to d-d-d-d-dduel

eBay
Falcon6
Its time to d-d-d-d-dduel

eBay

Lord Zedd08 wrote: View Post

So I've been on vacation the last few days and am just now able to read through all this.

While it's awesome that we now get to see what the next seasons merchandise will bring, I think that it's total and complete bull that they were revealed like this....by Raz snooping through websites to show stock photos.

I cannot blame Bandai or Greg one bit for being annoyed. PMC is this weekend and they were probably going to unveil these very toys in person for all the attendees to see...but now that has been shot all to hell and really, unless Bandai has something else to surprise guests with, they really won't have much.

I understand that fandom so love to get the heads up on upcoming items and what to expect, but the way that this has transpired and how all past "reveals" that Raz has given people from this season and past seasons, there's no "wow" items at shows anymore and fans of PR and even members of this board will say "I was hoping they would show something new" when the reality is they are showing something new, it's just that Raz has ruined it for people.

That's my little soapbox. I think it's wrong that these items were revealed like this and I think that Bandai and Greg have every right to be upset.
You know....I actually agree. Not gonna lie, I loved seeing all the stuff raz found a while back, but those were reveals from waves that just ended up leaking to retail with no con support. This leak in particular makes me mad because like you said, this was their big ta-da moment. Why people dont want surprises anymore is beyond me, but at least they didnt show off a terrible amount.
Falcon6 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2016, 04:33 PM #86
> wolfinator11
Power Ranger Talk

wolfinator11
Power Ranger Talk

That, and thinking that Bandai should have thanked him for all his "promotion" of Super Megaforce...
They have a right to be pissed but in all fairness they dont show us any toys except for once a year at a con. Their site has no updates and their social media does a few posts a year. Its not like back in the day where showing up to the store is the only way to see things. they should get proactive or start "encrypting" their bar-codes like target does. Before an item goes "live" target has the generic Power Rangers Power Rangers popping up when it is scanned. TRU doesnt do that. Plus TRU has its servers open to brute force url "hacks". Thats how they leave it open for everyone to grab. They need to tie their loose ends.
wolfinator11 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2016, 04:34 PM #87
> grnrngr
www.grnrngr.com

eBay
grnrngr
www.grnrngr.com

eBay

Rangercrew/a bunch of mods over there were making the same complaints. The sense of entitlement is just astonishing. There is no reason to think that anything they did created a SINGLE additional sale for Bandai.

Items still appear in stores. People still post about them online. People still go out and buy them.

Anybody who thinks that Bandai (or Saban for that matter) owes them anything is a delusional twit. Raz running away from RB because he couldn't handle any criticism was the best thing he's ever done for the fandom.
Old August 7th, 2016, 04:44 PM #88
> tavionjackson
Power Ranger

tavionjackson
Power Ranger

I wonder if the ninja steel line will have figures with or if these figures with weapons are the replacement.
tavionjackson is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2016, 04:52 PM #89
> Shiraishi95
Power Ranger

Shiraishi95
Power Ranger

grnrngr wrote: View Post

Rangercrew/a bunch of mods over there were making the same complaints. The sense of entitlement is just astonishing. There is no reason to think that anything they did created a SINGLE additional sale for Bandai.

Items still appear in stores. People still post about them online. People still go out and buy them.

Anybody who thinks that Bandai (or Saban for that matter) owes them anything is a delusional twit. Raz running away from RB because he couldn't handle any criticism was the best thing he's ever done for the fandom.
Lol i cant believe any of this. Lol i was gone for way to long. XD he seriously pulled that off?? Like at the end of the day, they are just toys. He needs to chill. And it is a shame they were leaked like this. Im surpised this forum hasnt been taken down after bandai requested it. I know tokunion took it down.
Shiraishi95 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2016, 05:07 PM #90
> Solaris
It ain't nothing but love

Solaris

Hold the phone. Hold it.

I just read a tweet of Raz saying that if they tailor to the adult colllectors they should expect the adults to look through companies systems for finding new toys before Bandai gets to reveal them. Well...

1) I had absolutely no problem with him sharing leaks of toys that came in between cons and thought it was brilliant as we could all look forward to new and better things. Just thought I'd start with this so no one thinks I'm just jumping on the 'bandwagon'.

2) Bandai make the toys a little bigger for the adult collectors out there. Something they had no inclination to do. Kudos. They release a Legacy line made entirely for the adult collectors which has been going for almost 5 strong years and is only getting better and better. Kudos. So this guys way of saying thanks is screwing over their big reveal at PMC. Seriously?
Solaris is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2016, 06:28 PM #91
> codeywings10
Smash Mouth

eBay
codeywings10
Smash Mouth

eBay

I'm interested to see if the zordbuilder pegs on the legs actually so something since the clips on shurikenjin were never used for anything.

people who don't share the same obsession with a certain actress
You intrigued me so I decided to look in to it. So, Much, CRINGE.

Last edited by codeywings10; August 7th, 2016 at 06:28 PM.
codeywings10 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2016, 06:55 PM #92
> andr0s81
100% Grade "A" Final Boss

4 eBay
andr0s81
100% Grade "A" Final Boss

4 eBay

Sir, I owe you a steak dinner.

wolfinator11 wrote: View Post

They have a right to be pissed but in all fairness they dont show us any toys except for once a year at a con. Their site has no updates and their social media does a few posts a year. Its not like back in the day where showing up to the store is the only way to see things. they should get proactive or start "encrypting" their bar-codes like target does. Before an item goes "live" target has the generic Power Rangers Power Rangers popping up when it is scanned. TRU doesnt do that. Plus TRU has its servers open to brute force url "hacks". Thats how they leave it open for everyone to grab. They need to tie their loose ends.
Toyfair, SDCC, NYCC, and PMC. I'm not saying their social media presence isn't abysmal, because it absolutely is, but it's hardly once a year.

But to say TRU should do a better job protecting their assets is like saying a person that gets robbed or worse, shouldn't have dressed up like they had money. That's both equal amounts arrogance and ignorance.
andr0s81 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2016, 06:56 PM #93
> RedRanger87
Somewhere on KO-35

RedRanger87
Somewhere on KO-35

I feel two ways about this.

On one hand, I'm not sure if Raz did it deliberately to undermine Bandai's PMC reveal. If he did, then that's terrible.

On the other hand, if Bandai doesn't want people looking for leaks on toys, then they should consider updating their website to include the latest and upcoming merch. They even took a step in the right direction by including those checklists with Dino Charge toys. I can't be the only one who likes to know what is upcoming and how to budget my money accordingly.
RedRanger87 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2016, 07:06 PM #94
> Solaris

Solaris

Raz needs to understand there is other ways to go about this thing. Some of us (most of us) would have loved the surprise of seeing Ninja Steel toys and PMC and being as impressed as we are. I'm sure they would have loved to reveal the skirt slits and longer swords.

He could have even just told people to DM him for the pics and not made a big thing out of it. He acts as if he is doing the fandom a favour when really all fingers are pointed at him.

And yes. He may just be the most arrogant and self-conceited person I've ever seen. Grnrngr put it perfectly. Bandai doesn't owe him. He owes Bandai for ruining their shit. They put so much effort into this toy line (probably the most what with the legacy line etc...) and he decides it's up to him to reveal the line AND feel he deserves anything (even recognition) from Bandai. I'm actually pissed man. I normally don't get so passionate but come on. There is a limit to everything. Even if he saw this photo what was the need to be an attention whore and publicise it. Keep that shit to yourself and stop it Raz it's becoming a joke. Next thing you know he ends up revealing the next Sentai before its freaking announced.

I mean here's an idea. Move out your parents basement. Get a job. Stop constantly searching toy stores inventories for unrevealed items. It's weird.
Solaris is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2016, 07:13 PM #95
> Ranger4612
Power Ranger

Ranger4612
Power Ranger

wolfinator11 wrote: View Post

You say that like it's not the norm, but in reality not many companies, outside of like the high end collectors market, really show off toys outside of Toy Fair, and maybe SDCC. Bandai is at Toy Fair, SDCC, NYCC, and in the years where it's applicable, PMC. That's not once a year, that's 3 to 4 times, and at each show they try to have something new on display, or even just announced. Let's just look at this year alone:

TF: Reveal of most of the rest of DSC's toy line, with the announcement of Legacy 6.5" figures, and Ninja Megazord. Also on display for the first time, B&G Dragonzord, something that would've been a reveal had it not popped up on a foreign auction site.

SDCC: "Reveal" of the In Space Legacy figures, which would've been new if not for the leak prior to the event, as well as the Movie 2017 Legacy figures, and the prototype of Ninja MZ.

PMC: Presumably the majority of their first day offerings for Ninja Steel, and perhaps the in person reveal of the Red Ranger Helmet for Legacy line, and likely any remaining "surprises" from the DSC line, like the B&G Charger packs that were leaked.

NYCC: Presumably more movie merchandise, and perhaps a hint of upcoming Legacy stuff after NMZ and Helmet are released.

That's a decent amount of product shown off over the course of a year. And just because a system is outdated and prone to "hacks", it doesn't make said hacks justified because in your opinion they should've taken better precautions against. You aren't a hero if you hack a bank, and steal a bunch of people's money or personal information. Even though the bank should do a better job protecting their clients' information, your actions are not noble for exposing it in said manner. It's really not very different here. If it was such a problem, like others are saying, and just anyone can stumble on to this information, this stuff should've been leaked over a month ago when it was all updated into the system, along with the rest of the movie merchandise, but it wasn't, and now one week before Bandai is scheduled to reveal a bunch of new stuff, it just happens to be the best time to "leak" this information.
Ranger4612 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2016, 07:27 PM #96
> ⚡Lord Zedd
Foolish Monkeys

32 eBay
Lord Zedd
Foolish Monkeys

32 eBay

super samurai wrote: View Post

2) Bandai make the toys a little bigger for the adult collectors out there. Something they had no inclination to do. Kudos. They release a Legacy line made entirely for the adult collectors which has been going for almost 5 strong years and is only getting better and better. Kudos. So this guys way of saying thanks is screwing over their big reveal at PMC. Seriously?
Look at it from a marketing standpoint...you have a convention of power ranger fans, and you plan to reveal the next series at the con. You're going to show off the toys and reward the fandom at their own con, similar to how Mattel did a few items at Power Con.

But wait, all the hard work and thought that you put into the reveals, are ruined because someone digs and digs and digs and the publishes all of the images of toys that you were going to show off at the con, thus taking away the surprise that you had in place.

How would that make you feel? I'm pretty sure that you would be annoyed that you now have nothing gasp worthy to reveal. Look at how they did the movie figures at SDCC and the reaction on the internet of those? They were probably hoping to do the same thing at PMC with Ninja Steel. Not anymore.

RedRanger87 wrote: View Post

I feel two ways about this.

On one hand, I'm not sure if Raz did it deliberately to undermine Bandai's PMC reveal. If he did, then that's terrible.

On the other hand, if Bandai doesn't want people looking for leaks on toys, then they should consider updating their website to include the latest and upcoming merch. They even took a step in the right direction by including those checklists with Dino Charge toys. I can't be the only one who likes to know what is upcoming and how to budget my money accordingly.
It's nice to be able to plan and budget, and perhaps Bandai is moving forward and trying to be more hands on with the fans and more engaging...but as a company, when someone like Raz or whoever goes through TRU servers to find information that shouldn't be public, that only makes bandai want to stay further away from the fandom, not embrace it.

Why try to give little exclusive info or pictures to fan sites when Raz has already revealed the main assortment of figures?

super samurai wrote: View Post

Raz needs to understand there is other ways to go about this thing. Some of us (most of us) would have loved the surprise of seeing Ninja Steel toys and PMC and being as impressed as we are. I'm sure they would have loved to reveal the skirt slits and longer swords.

He could have even just told people to DM him for the pics and not made a big thing out of it. He acts as if he is doing the fandom a favour when really all fingers are pointed at him.

And yes. He may just be the most arrogant and self-conceited person I've ever seen. Grnrngr put it perfectly. Bandai doesn't owe him. He owes Bandai for ruining their shit. They put so much effort into this toy line (probably the most what with the legacy line etc...) and he decides it's up to him to reveal the line AND feel he deserves anything (even recognition) from Bandai. I'm actually pissed man. I normally don't get so passionate but come on. There is a limit to everything. Even if he saw this photo what was the need to be an attention whore and publicise it. Keep that shit to yourself and stop it Raz it's becoming a joke. Next thing you know he ends up revealing the next Sentai before its freaking announced.

I mean here's an idea. Move out your parents basement. Get a job. Stop constantly searching toy stores inventories for unrevealed items. It's weird.
And with this, I feel like you have seen the light. Yes, it's nice to get surprises and it would be nice if Bandai would update their site and perhaps give better updates....but honestly, we all did fine before the internet, so as grnrngr said, when something new does hit, it is usually one the internet within hours if not less and then we are all aware of it and feel the excitement because it was a surprise.

With these mass reveals, we literally have nothing to be excited about at Cons like some are with Marvel Legends and such. I encourage people to go into the Dino Charge thread and read through it. Read where Raz has leaked images of upcoming toys, then read about the con that happened after where those toys were shown, and the comments made "we already knew about that, where is something new?" Well...those reveals were your something new, they were just leaked weeks early.
Old August 7th, 2016, 07:28 PM #97
> Dark storm
Power Ranger

Dark storm
Power Ranger

Lord-Zero wrote: View Post

You are not getting it. The prices for the Ninninger mecha are kinda lower now because they've been out for 2 years and they didn't sell that well in Japan. Also, parents would be looking for the cheaper alternative to save on money and the BoJ toys cannot combine nor swap parts with the older BoA toys. ZordBuilder allows the new PR zord toys to be compatible with the old ones so kids can get creative and make all sorts of crazy combinations.
Calm down. I know what you're saying. This is what I was saying

Dark storm wrote: View Post

Unlike the past seasons of BOJ mech, I would recommend this line over the BOA zords. Especially while they are available at an affordable cost(Still roughly $40 on amazon). At least until the line runs out (which it may around the time the show begins, if not by the end of this year). It's worth it to spend the extra $10 for something better quality, where as before, it wasn't. Sure, the Japanese sounds make no sense for kids, but it's still really fun being able to do even the most minor things with these you can't do on the others.
This is me, personally. Not going out saying all the parents SHOULD go out and get these. Just my recommendation and thoughts on them. They can do whatever the heck they want. This is just an at the moment kinda thing.
Over the rest of the previous line, Ninninger is the best quality we've gotten since Goseiger/Gokaiger in reference to series that received US adaptation. I may be wrong on this, and that's everyone else's opinion, but this isn't among the best we've seen even in the zordbuilder line. I have yet to see since these aren't even out yet.
Dark storm is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2016, 07:29 PM #98
> ⚡Lord Zedd
Foolish Monkeys

32 eBay
Lord Zedd
Foolish Monkeys

32 eBay

Ranger4612 wrote: View Post

~well thought out and educated reply~
THIS! 100%
Old August 7th, 2016, 07:31 PM #99
> grnrngr
www.grnrngr.com

eBay
grnrngr
www.grnrngr.com

eBay

Sir, I owe you a steak dinner.
Duly noted. Your mistake.

But to say TRU should do a better job protecting their assets is like saying a person that gets robbed or worse, shouldn't have dressed up like they had money. That's both equal amounts arrogance and ignorance.
Bingo.

Of course not. He did it because he is an egomaniac that is obsessed with "getting the scoop".

On the other hand, if Bandai doesn't want people looking for leaks on toys, then they should consider updating their website to include the latest and upcoming merch.
Even when they were properly maintaining their website, they wouldn't show 2017 products MONTHS before it would be available. That's what slow, social media reveals are for. See: PMC Legacy Collection Dino Megazord.
Old August 7th, 2016, 08:12 PM #100
> ⚡Lord Zedd
Foolish Monkeys

32 eBay
Lord Zedd
Foolish Monkeys

32 eBay

Of course not. He did it because he is an egomaniac that is obsessed with "getting the scoop".
And that obsession stemmed all the way back to him getting access to store computers to take photos and share information that should have never been shared publicly in the first place....

http://news.tokunation.com/2014/06/2...van-ooze-18696

So to say that TRU should protect their online assests is not correct....because clearly he will do whatever he needs to in order to obtain the "scoop" and get that all important internet credit.