RangerBoard

Go Back   RangerBoard > Forums > Merchandise
Register Rules/FAQ VIP Membership Calendar Search Mark Forums Read

Old August 5th, 2016, 11:42 AM   #21
KRDK
Why So Serious?!

Why couldn't they just put the Red Zord in the chest to show off what it actually looks like? I will likely pick these up because I have a bit of a soft spot for the PR versions.
KRDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2016, 11:48 AM   #22
MegaBlue
That @iNicoNation Guy

Conspiracy theory: Maybe it doesn't go inside the Megazord.
MegaBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2016, 12:04 PM   #23
Diecast
Sigh

I'm at least sold on the 5" monsters. Heres hoping we get a bunch again.
Diecast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2016, 01:06 PM   #24
Dyl
Install Megaranger!

eBay
rocky505 wrote: View Post

Looking at White, it appears the girls finally have slits in their skirts.
They look really nice, and not only the slits they finally gave up on that V design at the end of the skirts. It's weird because Samurai was the season which prompted those MMPR/Zeo skirts when Samurai girls didn't even have them.
Dyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2016, 01:11 PM   #25
rb123
Corinth Ranger

I really like the designs for the figures. Not sold on the megazord, and the grey cannon is very odd. Amazon had deals on the Ninninger mech throughout the beginning of the year, so I purchased everything already as far as zords go. Not exactly in love with any of them, but I have a feeling once I see them in-show they'll grow on me like the Kyoryuger mechs/Dino Charge zords.

One thing I find odd is that we have a female white and pink on a team for the first time together, but they still give pink accents to the white ranger? It makes sense in Wild Force where there was no pink ranger, but this baffles me. Now it almost looks at first glance like we have two pink rangers; it's a little distracting. I would have preferred her to just have black accents like the other rangers. The style for all the suits and helmets are great though.
rb123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2016, 01:28 PM   #26
IvanOoze
VIP Rider

trekkieb47 wrote: View Post

Well it's a good thing I already collected the Ninninger mechs...
This
IvanOoze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2016, 01:31 PM   #27
trekkieb47
The one and only Berry.

32 eBay
IvanOoze wrote: View Post

This
I think the Ninja Steel megazord looks like trash. However I have bought all of the Dino Charge Megazords because I think Bandai did a great job on them and the auxiliary zords.
trekkieb47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2016, 01:40 PM   #28
IvanOoze
VIP Rider

trekkieb47 wrote: View Post

I think the Ninja Steel megazord looks like trash. However I have bought all of the Dino Charge Megazords because I think Bandai did a great job on them and the auxiliary zords.
I completely agree. I've learned over the years (especially since Boukenger/OO) to just get the japanese mechs because you're never guaranteed quality when it comes to the BoA megazords.
IvanOoze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2016, 02:11 PM   #29
TheultimateRanger21
hero from the bay area

I'm happy Bandai is sticking to the 5 inch figure line , and that they kept the same molds. I hope Gold/Starninger is in the 2nd wave. It would be nice if Bandai will stick to this 5 Inch figure line for years to come that way you can add on to the SMF Red legacy figures.
TheultimateRanger21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2016, 02:16 PM   #30
ShinySephiroth
The Power Ranger Archives

eBay
TheultimateRanger21 wrote: View Post

I'm happy Bandai is sticking to the 5 inch figure line , and that they kept the same molds. I hope Gold/Starninger is in the 2nd wave. It would be nice if Bandai will stick to this 5 Inch figure line for years to come that way you can add on to the SMF Red legacy figures.
Agreed. I'm not a fan of the new Legacy line
ShinySephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2016, 02:22 PM   #31
TheultimateRanger21
hero from the bay area

^ I was hoping that they would have released full teams in the 5 inch line at first. It would have been easier to have all the rangers sooner because of the SMF line. I actually caved in into buying the legacy figures because the green ranger figure looked awesome along with Ninjastorm being one of my favorite suits.

So having to start all over again with these kind of sucks but I definitely will not be collecting all the legacy figures.
TheultimateRanger21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2016, 02:26 PM   #32
GreenMystechRanger
JusticeForK

The figures look great!

The Megazord...

The figures look great!
GreenMystechRanger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2016, 02:42 PM   #33
TheSentaiGuy
making idiocy an art form

MegaBlue wrote: View Post

However, I can already tell that the sash isn't fully painted on the back, and I'm trying to gauge whether the belts go all the way around with the gold, or if they're either the Ranger color or solid black on the reverse. Still, it's to be expected and they look good from the front, so that's what counts, right?
Just for the record, it's not like boj painted the sash fully on the back either. Boa is really just following their template.

Also, considering that the belts have been painted, all the way around, since the second wave of Samurai figures (sans megaforce but went back to it with the ultra modes,) I'd say it's a safe bet that they're going to keep doing that.
TheSentaiGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2016, 02:44 PM   #34
andr0s81
100% Grade "A" Final Boss

4 eBay
Apparently Bandai is super pissed that the Ninja Steel images were leaked and asked Rangercrew and Tokunation to take them down.
andr0s81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2016, 03:23 PM   #35
Ranger4612
Power Ranger

andr0s81 wrote: View Post

Apparently Bandai is super pissed that the Ninja Steel images were leaked and asked Rangercrew and Tokunation to take them down.
I'm really not surprised if that's the case, because these look like the ones that came directly from the TRU item server. I've specifically avoided mentioning these items and posting images from the server that I access to find this info for this very reason. The listings for NS stuff have been in there for almost a month or so now, but Bandai specifically said they are waiting to reveal it at PMC, so I haven't mentioned anything to avoid stepping on toes and ruining their reveals. This is the same type of thing that happened around this time last year with the Blade Blaster, and they were just as upset then.
Ranger4612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2016, 03:36 PM   #36
Rycor
Power Ranger

The new figures look great and I've made a promise to myself to only get the Red and any kind of Super Steel Red next year to keep my one per season rate going as per the SMF line. But yeah, hard to resist those other figs...

Also glad the 5 inch line is still going strong. Good on Bandai for keeping a mould going into a 4th year! Don't think we've had consistency like this for a long time.
Rycor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2016, 03:37 PM   #37
Lord-Zero
Chameliac was trolled...

eBay
The Megazord looks fine to me. It was expected to be a watered-down Shurikenjin and I like what BoA did with the shuriken head. It'll certainly help with a future combination with Bison King's counterpart. As for the figures, the look great and the swords look good. BoA asked to take down the pictures? This must've been their "surprise" for PMC.
Lord-Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2016, 03:37 PM   #38
grnrngr
www.grnrngr.com

eBay
andr0s81 wrote: View Post

More like Bandai asked them to take them down and they agreed to do so.

Can't say for certain if it was a nice ask or a cease-and-desist ask, but "super pissed" more accurately describes how some entitled fans are acting on Twitter.
grnrngr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2016, 04:01 PM   #39
Rycor
Power Ranger

grnrngr wrote: View Post

More like Bandai asked them to take them down and they agreed to do so.

Can't say for certain if it was a nice ask or a cease-and-desist ask, but "super pissed" more accurately describes how some entitled fans are acting on Twitter.
You could infer some...shall we say "frustration" from the lovely Gregory's emoji use on instagram tonight
Rycor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2016, 04:18 PM   #40
Lord-Zero
Chameliac was trolled...

eBay
It was going to be leaked at some point. Anyway, I like what I've seen so far.
Lord-Zero is offline   Reply With Quote