SPD! Emergency!
Red Rock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2016, 06:04 AM #82
> TealMystechRanger
One For All

TealMystechRanger
One For All

Morgan Lamia wrote: View Post

"Hey, we just got a possibly-genuine leak! Let's show it to the company it belongs to!"

Peter wrote: View Post

But you make a point. This will be Lego versions of the new movie. I'd be shocked (pleasantly surprised but still shocked) if they bothered making Lego sets of the show and characters as they were 20 years ago. It'll be about the new movie. We'll have blond Jason and RJ's Billy (as opposed to ASJ and Yost, as a for instance).

Oh, but Lego zords would be worth the price of admission ...
Well, 2018 will be the 25th anniversary, so maaaaybe they'd rustle something up in terms of non-film stuff then...

And ooh, yes, Zords. That'd be awesome!
TealMystechRanger is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2016, 06:08 AM #83
> ⚡Dukemon

Dukemon

I'd imagine it'd be one and the same thing, at least, in terms of Lego merch. I mean, look at Batman. Over the last few years, they've covered just about every aspect of him (there's comic versions and movie versions, and just this year they put out the Bat-cave from the 60s TV show).

But you make a point. This will be Lego versions of the new movie. I'd be shocked (pleasantly surprised but still shocked) if they bothered making Lego sets of the show and characters as they were 20 years ago. It'll be about the new movie. We'll have blond Jason and RJ's Billy (as opposed to ASJ and Yost, as a for instance).

Oh, but Lego zords would be worth the price of admission ...
I think it's the same license, but I imagine we're only getting movie stuff to start with. I'm fine with that. The prospect of running around Lego Dimensions with the team is nuts.

Can you imagine little Zord/Vehicles the Lego rangers have to ride on?

And forget it if Zyuohger is adapted in the future. Goodbye money.
Dukemon is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2016, 06:34 AM #84
> ⚡Morgan Lamia
---[DekaModerator]---

Morgan Lamia
---[DekaModerator]---

AcceLOWorst wrote: View Post

"Hey, we just got a possibly-genuine leak! Let's show it to the company it belongs to!"
Yeah, I kinda eye-rolled at that. Especially considering the giant "Confidential" covering it...
Morgan Lamia is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2016, 06:45 AM #85
> ComicGuy89
Power Ranger

ComicGuy89
Power Ranger

So apparently the LEGO rumours were fake and invented by someone just for kicks.

I don't understand why people would do this. This made my day, and I was in a great mood (aside from my flu), looking forward to it.

Just ... why?
ComicGuy89 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2016, 07:00 AM #86
> Diecast
Sigh

Diecast
Sigh

Same thing happened either last year or the year before. grnrngr and someone else said they don't remember the last time a leak was faked, but that was probably because fake Lego leaks only last a day or two tops and then it gets deleted off the internet.

I think the main reason it felt fake to me was the minifig pic. I know Lego prototype images often have those placeholder figures, but I was almost certain I had seen that exact minifig picture before on deviantart before, but I was unable to find it.

ComicGuy89 wrote: View Post

So apparently the LEGO rumours were fake and invented by someone just for kicks.

I don't understand why people would do this. This made my day, and I was in a great mood (aside from my flu), looking forward to it.

Just ... why?
Same reason people go on the internet to argue about nothing. They get their jollies from upsetting or fooling other people.
Diecast is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2016, 08:37 AM #87
> ⚡Morgan Lamia
---[DekaModerator]---

Morgan Lamia
---[DekaModerator]---

Although he can't comment (probably for a number of reasons) on if Lego currently has plans, Jason Bischoff, Director of Global Consumer Products at Saban Brands, is encouraging us to let Lego know that we would like to see them.

https://twitter.com/prometheanworks/...97409253785601

No comment, but Lego Power Rangers isn't made/lost by a 4chan post. Suggest: fans get loud where Lego can see you.
Old July 25th, 2016, 12:01 PM #88
> createtime
Power Ranger

createtime
Power Ranger

DinoChargeWhite3 wrote: View Post

When I first saw these photos I was not sold AT ALL. But the more I look at them the more I kinda like them. But also glad to know that these aren't the final product. So there's a chance paint can be added, which I'm SUPER relieved about.
Cestro wrote: View Post

Is it just me or do they look half painted? Or at the very least, unfinished?
Lord-Zero wrote: View Post

These are hand-painted prototypes. The ones we'll get will most likely have less paint.
Great detail but they need more colors. They should also have shiny colors like the real suits.

NinjaHurricane wrote: View Post

The movie figures don't look too impressive in the photos we have, but I bet they'll look amazing when you add paint and make them more screen-accurate. Can't wait to customize mine!
Have you ever customized any other toys before?

Fasti wrote: View Post

I like them. As usual, these will look a LOT better in person. And I know some people will come up with sick custom paint aps, maybe just slight weathering will make them look much more like they look on screen. But the quality of these gives me hope for the Megazord. I really, REALLY do hope that it will be high quality, maybe not Legacy-level, but at least not cheap-zordbuilder-level...
When you say (sick) that means good right? I want the movie megazord to be high quality too. Would be cool if it comes with lights and sounds.

Kylash327 wrote: View Post

The figures appear very flat, color wise. They didnt try replicating that weird look of the suits at all. At least use metallic paint, something. Even using that pearlized semi-translucent plastic they used on the SDCC Red Ranger figure would have made these way better.
I agree with you on everything you said.

Taichi wrote: View Post

While metallic paint would be nice... I have absolutely no idea how they would have replicated the movie look. There is a ton of detail on those figures though... I'm sure we'll see some awesome customs down the road.
They don't have to look exactly like the movie suits. Just not have flat colors. They need a more shiny metallic look. I could make very awesome customs of those figures. If I wanted to own them.

Kylash327 wrote: View Post

A silver wash or something would bring out a lot of the details and make it have more depth. But i think that SDCC Red Ranger figure translucent/pearl plastic would look best.
What's a silver wash?
createtime is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2016, 12:01 PM #89
> comicstar100
Pirate King

comicstar100
Pirate King

Well I do know one thing, if they were to ever make a PR Lego game, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.
comicstar100 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2016, 01:52 PM #90
> NEWRANGER
Power Ranger

NEWRANGER
Power Ranger

Ok sorry but in very interested in one thing now from the New BAF Megazord. is it me....

OR are they USING THE MIXX N MORPH joints in them?????

THAT WOLD BE AWSOME!!!

can anyone help me on this?
NEWRANGER is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2016, 06:00 PM #91
> RagnarokFlames
RyuuGa Waga Teki Wo Kurau

eBay
RagnarokFlames
RyuuGa Waga Teki Wo Kurau

eBay

Lights and sounds do not mean the Zords will be high quality. This is BoA we are talking about
RagnarokFlames is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2016, 07:52 PM #92
> Peter
"Stegosaurus!"

Peter
"Stegosaurus!"

comicstar100 wrote: View Post

Well I do know one thing, if they were to ever make a PR Lego game, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.
So would everyone.

For the time being, we'll just have to make-do with Megabloks.

Peter is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2016, 08:25 PM #93
> DinoChargeWhite3
Power Ranger

DinoChargeWhite3
Power Ranger

Rycor wrote: View Post

They're basically saying it has to be released by Lionsgate on purpose (through any medium or channel, so they seem to have a good coverage bond with Entertainment Weekly) and not via leaks.

Lionsgate marketing obviously have the movie campaign mapped out to ensure biggest hype spikes. Then Bandai are allowed to follow with the toy.
So Lionsgate would want to release a trailer, so they wouldn't get 'leaks' from the toys, and then Bandai could release whatever they want a PMC? Or could they possibly just release a press photo of whatever Bandai wants to show at Morphicon?

Last edited by DinoChargeWhite3; July 25th, 2016 at 08:31 PM.
DinoChargeWhite3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2016, 09:59 PM #94
> GearRanger
Zord Mechanic

GearRanger
Zord Mechanic

So would everyone.

For the time being, we'll just have to make-do with Megabloks.

We don't even have that, the license for Megabloks ran out, didn't it?
GearRanger is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2016, 12:49 AM #95
> ⚡Morgan Lamia
---[DekaModerator]---

Morgan Lamia
---[DekaModerator]---

GearRanger wrote: View Post

We don't even have that, the license for Megabloks ran out, didn't it?
Yep. It was said that Dino Charge sets were in the planning stages, but didn't get any further than that. That's why we haven't seen any for a couple of years and there aren't any plans for future releases.
As far as we know, there doesn't appear to be anyone with the rights to building-brick style toys for the brand.
Old July 26th, 2016, 01:21 AM #96
> ComicGuy89
Power Ranger

ComicGuy89
Power Ranger

Morgan Lamia wrote: View Post

Yep. It was said that Dino Charge sets were in the planning stages, but didn't get any further than that. That's why we haven't seen any for a couple of years and there aren't any plans for future releases.
As far as we know, there doesn't appear to be anyone with the rights to building-brick style toys for the brand.
Which made the LEGO rumour seem a lot more credible than it ended up being. Such a huge shame.
ComicGuy89 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2016, 07:07 AM #97
> DinoChargeWhite3
Power Ranger

DinoChargeWhite3
Power Ranger

ComicGuy89 wrote: View Post

Which made the LEGO rumour seem a lot more credible than it ended up being. Such a huge shame.
But then LEGO ended up commenting on the subject...
DinoChargeWhite3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2016, 06:55 PM #98
> Dark storm
Power Ranger

Dark storm
Power Ranger

That be great. It's not something I see them trying hard to keep under wraps tho. Unless it is in fact just for the movie. Would actually make sense tho if they made a game or sets MMPR focused, but also heavily blended with the movie (and maybe the 1995 movie).
They've done it a lot with lego. As someone mentioned earlier, especially referencing to Batman.
Dark storm is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2016, 12:59 AM #99
> PR Master
Power Ranger

PR Master
Power Ranger

DinoChargeWhite3 wrote: View Post

But then LEGO ended up commenting on the subject...
On the Lego twitter link someone from Lego says (I may be off by a word or two) "We will have to see what the designers come up with next..."

I am almost certain there will be PR movie Lego.

Woah... A lego series that could challenge Monster Fighters for title of best lego series ever.....

What a year, we have a mature PR movie franchise coming and now the PR comic series of my dreams and a very good chance of PR lego.

The PR fandom has been truly blessed.
PR Master is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2016, 12:04 PM #100
> Dragon Prime
Power Ranger

Dragon Prime
Power Ranger

Poking around this thread and I read a few comments on how the figures could use better paint for the color on the suits.

Whilst I thin that would make a world's difference I also think a toy company that makes more high end products would have a hard time replicating what these suits look like.

They almost appear to have a silver base armor with a semi translucent layer over it.

Actually, they kind of look like they're made out of candy.

Good luck not having that thought pop into your head next time you see these suits.

In all honesty, they look good, it's just going to be challenging to find a main stream product that looks spot on. I can see Hot Toys making these to perfection.
Dragon Prime is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote