RangerBoard

Go Back   RangerBoard > Forums > Merchandise
Register Rules/FAQ VIP Membership Calendar Search Mark Forums Read

Old September 17th, 2016, 04:59 PM   #81
Araxiel
Power Ranger

Honestly, the closest I've gotten to tempting myself with the Gamer Driver etc is that it might be a good base for a project. As in, I like the idea of it, but the colours are a but too lurid. Then I think, hey, you could repaint it in colours more similar to a retro game console. Repaint the gashats. Design your own labels for them.
Then I realise that would take far too long, cost too much money, and also I'm moving house so I should not spend money on more toys...
Araxiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2016, 06:26 PM   #82
Diecast
Sigh

Now that it's not an exciting new reveal, I'm less stoked about the designs. Going to have to see how the gear looks in motion.

Honestly, Ghost was just too perfect design-wise for me. Something about it just really clicked. The show did too at first, but man...
Diecast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2016, 07:09 PM   #83
TommyOliver21
KACHIDOKI ARMS!

I at first was like "Gashats sound cool" but hearing about Kageyama voicing them shot my hopes for the toys sky-high.
TommyOliver21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2016, 10:55 PM   #84
zoosmell
pooplord

This is something that's been nagging at me, and I figure people around here would probably know. Does HLJ usually honor the campaigns for these toys? Like, did they do the Panda thing for Zyuohger?

I just ask because HLJ is where I get my toys most of the time, and I figure if I ever do dive in and buy a Gamer Driver it'll probably be during the Proto Mighty Action X campaign. I'd like to have an idea of whether I'd actually have a chance of getting it or not.

Not to say that thinking that far ahead isn't somewhat premature right now since the show hasn't even started and I don't even really know if I'd want to get them, but eh.
zoosmell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2016, 10:58 PM   #85
kongu992
Power Ranger

eBay
They did for me during drive. I got some stuff from them during the proto-drive shift car promotion and they sent me the shift car. So I would assume they will do it for ex-aid.
kongu992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2016, 02:31 AM   #86
zoosmell
pooplord

Quote:
Originally Posted by kongu992 View Post
They did for me during drive. I got some stuff from them during the proto-drive shift car promotion and they sent me the shift car. So I would assume they will do it for ex-aid.
Alright, that's good to know, thanks.

Guess now I just have to wait for the show to premiere to see whether I need to start setting aside some money for a gaudy belt...
Old September 18th, 2016, 03:22 PM   #87
Go-OnGold83
ZyuohTheWorld!!

im surprised that bandai wants to release ex-aid merch this early, im guessing they want to hype up fans to get them to watch the new series.
Go-OnGold83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2016, 02:14 AM   #88
kongu992
Power Ranger

eBay
I got my Shakariki Sports Gashat today and it's awesome.
kongu992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2016, 06:25 AM   #89
Thetacigma
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go-OnGold83 View Post
im surprised that bandai wants to release ex-aid merch this early, im guessing they want to hype up fans to get them to watch the new series.
Early? It airs in three weeks
Thetacigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2016, 07:01 AM   #90
TealMystechRanger
Terror adhaerens

The vast majority of toku merchandise begins coming out in the same week as the show starts. With DX items, they tend to release the week they appear in-show. So yeah, this is kind of early in Japanese terms.
TealMystechRanger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2016, 09:00 AM   #91
Yamato
Knight of Spear

This is just a trend that Bandai have been doing recently. Give the fans a taste of the next line and get them hooked. Ghost did it with releasing the Newton Eyecon in the Surprise Future Shift Car set.
Yamato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2016, 05:41 PM   #92
zoosmell
pooplord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamato View Post
This is just a trend that Bandai have been doing recently. Give the fans a taste of the next line and get them hooked. Ghost did it with releasing the Newton Eyecon in the Surprise Future Shift Car set.
Also the special 100 yen Ore Ghost Eyecon, which also came out in September iirc.

NGL, kinda wish they'd done that again this time. Not giving us a toy for an absurdly low price, I mean, just having an option to get the main Rider's DX item by itself...would save me a lot of money.
Old September 20th, 2016, 09:59 PM   #93
Sprocket
Power Ranger

Given that all the lights and sounds are in the Gashat and not the belt, there was no way that was gonna happen.

Also, I can't be the only one that thinks it's bogus that the belt's equivalent of Double's Maximum Drive slot is part of the holster and thus sold separately. Kind of a dick move...
Sprocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2016, 11:07 PM   #94
Gold Samurai
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprocket View Post

Also, I can't be the only one that thinks it's bogus that the belt's equivalent of Double's Maximum Drive slot is part of the holster and thus sold separately. Kind of a dick move...
If bandai could split the belt for example into 6 pieces you need to buy seperately(for 25 dollars each) they would do it
Gold Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2016, 01:49 AM   #95
Yamato
Knight of Spear

Can't believe I just noticed this but the Gamer Driver's belt is black. Yay! Can finally have a belt where the extenders don't stand out! Potential for some cosplay in the future. It'd be a variation though....a bearded version of Brave.
Yamato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2016, 04:13 AM   #96
xshinox
Budou though

if you're gonna cosplay their civilian form, you wouldn't really see the straps anyways since most of them wear lab coats that cover the straps.
xshinox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2016, 07:03 PM   #97
DigitalBrave3
Mystech Movie Villain

The packaging for the Gamer Driver is weird...

In addition, it seems the level 2 transformation will be like the Kamen Rider Blade transformation, which was already pretty much confirmed in a trailer for the Ex-Aid version of the Ganbarizing arcade game.

Last edited by DigitalBrave3; September 25th, 2016 at 06:31 AM.
DigitalBrave3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2016, 07:05 PM   #98
TealMystechRanger
Terror adhaerens

Backwards packaging... that's novel. The graphics are great as ever, though - Bandai sure knows how to make packaging that pops! Thanks for sharing.
TealMystechRanger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2016, 11:23 PM   #99
AnAlpha
Power Ranger

32 eBay
God I hate the tabs
AnAlpha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2016, 08:40 AM   #100
Gold Samurai
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalBrave3 View Post
The packaging for the Gamer Driver is weird...

http://67.media.tumblr.com/a1c80d7de...d5tqo6_250.jpg

http://66.media.tumblr.com/032993716...d5tqo7_250.jpg

http://66.media.tumblr.com/1868c5305...d5tqo8_500.jpg

In addition, it seems the level 2 transformation will be like the Kamen Rider Blade transformation, which was already pretty much confirmed in a trailer for the Ex-Aid version of the Ganbarizing arcade game.

Makes sense from a toy company point of view

There's a lot that needs to be shown besides ex-aid's giant hair to grab buyers attention

The normal way of a smaller front facing display but big plastic tab sticking out wouldn't work

They really want to get people to notice this
Gold Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote