RangerBoard

Go Back   RangerBoard > Forums > Merchandise
Register Rules/FAQ VIP Membership Calendar Search Mark Forums Read

Old March 10th, 2016, 03:32 AM   #61
Garrek45
Power Ranger

King Ranger wrote: View Post

I would say the design flaw is that ugly ass holster. Such a glaring departure from the original and it looks ghastly. The holster is probably the biggest reason I passed/will pass on both the US and JP versions of the Legacy morpher/buckler.
Pst
https://www.etsy.com/listing/2532471...ica-for-mighty
Garrek45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2016, 05:38 AM   #62
King Ranger
NOT the TV-N guy

eBay
Stuntastik30 wrote: View Post

I think they were going for the design of how it looked after they morphed. If you look at it that way, they got a pretty accurate representation. Of course you can't help the bulk though.

http://i867.photobucket.com/albums/a...pspqgnpqtu.jpg

http://i867.photobucket.com/albums/a...psh5yoafu0.jpg
I don't believe so. I happen to have a production buckler and it's actually closer to the original toy:

The only thing the Legacy has going for it at those curved sides not being angled
No offense to Buzz but I wouldn't buy one of those with your money. I shouldn't have to buy a fan made holster to compensate for where Bandai dropped the ball.
King Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2016, 06:51 AM   #63
Kalel
The Last Son

Of course it isn't going to be 100% accurate, but just look at the pictures Stunt posted. It's obvious that is what they were attempting.

Kalel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2016, 07:18 AM   #64
Garrek45
Power Ranger

I don't believe so. I happen to have a production buckler and it's actually closer to the original toy:
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...c211fb345e.jpg
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...b72da701bf.jpg

The only thing the Legacy has going for it at those curved sides not being angled

No offense to Buzz but I wouldn't buy one of those with your money. I shouldn't have to buy a fan made holster to compensate for where Bandai dropped the ball.
I'm not going to and I agree for the most part.
Old March 10th, 2016, 08:57 AM   #65
King Ranger
NOT the TV-N guy

eBay
Kalel wrote: View Post

Of course it isn't going to be 100% accurate, but just look at the pictures Stunt posted. It's obvious that is what they were attempting.

http://i.imgur.com/BiJKlD9.png
As I said before, I'll give it to the legacy on the curved top and bottom sides but as far as anything else? It's not in the same ballpark. Seems like I'll have to borrow a friend's morpher to take photos of how very different they are.

Your claims are solely from one angle, the front. Mine are from an overall shape (top, sides, profile, etc) as a prop maker/collector hellbent on accuracy.
King Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2016, 09:08 AM   #66
Garrek45
Power Ranger

As I said before, I'll give it to the legacy on the curved top and bottom sides but as far as anything else? It's not in the same ballpark. Seems like I'll have to borrow a friend's morpher to take photos of how very different they are.

Your claims are solely from one angle, the front. Mine are from an overall shape (top, sides, profile, etc) as a prop maker/collector hellbent on accuracy.
You have to keep in mind that the original Morpher didn't come with a holster in america so it was probably not a high priority.
They probably just took that exact picture and used it to design the holster, then they shrunk it down to save some money, because again, not a high priority.

Most american fans, especially the majority who are just going to see this in the store and go "Oh sweet, I remember those!" aren't going to even know that the morpher was stored in a holster.

At a glance this one "looks about right" and I'm sure that's all they cared about.
I was actually surprised it came with one at all.
Mine just sit in the box though.

Now as for Bandai Japan, not sure how they justified not resculpting it a bit, they obviously resculpted the coins to better fit with Zyuranger.
Old March 10th, 2016, 10:14 AM   #67
⚡Taichi
Little Drummer Boy...

32 eBay
Considering Geki used it in the team up... it's technically a show accurate holster now anyway...

But yeah, I'm not a huge fan of it, but I wasn't a huge fan of the original either. I never liked the tab along the bottom, so while the Legacy got rid of that, the curve is excessive. I feel they tried to streamline it a bit. Give it a curve to match a belt-line and transition.
Taichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2016, 10:28 AM   #68
SUNGEL
Say The Star

I've been told (by a hardcore PR fan) that the Legacy version is far superior than this one.

You, dear American people owing the Legacy version, does it seem right to you if you compare the toys ?

I mean, I'd like a fair judgement because this remark pissed me off...
SUNGEL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2016, 10:59 AM   #69
Raiden
Banned

Its a hard question, i think they are different enough to warrant owning both and seeing them as unique. If i was to own one, it would be the Power Morpher because then id have the 4 other coins. I am not a Zyuranger fan, i am a Power Ranger fan but that doesnt come in to play at all here. However, i prefer the chrome look of the Dino Buckler even if its dull in the show. I dont mind it when toys become less show accurate if they end up looking cooler as a result. And if i was to just make a specific red ranger display ( figuarts tyranno ranger, Legacy tyranno zord, Sentai mask collection tyranno ect ) id rather display the dino buckler with the chrome and the crystal.

Its a toss up. If i just wanted to represent the red ranger id prefer the buckler. If im watching the mmpr season 3 episode " another brick in the wall " i may want to put the tricera coin in the power morpher.

As for " far superior "... not really. If the dino buckler came packaged with the other coins and they were not a seperate release id say the buckler was the superior one as im a sucker for chrome and the crystal is nice albeit dissapointing. But the buckler costs more and comes with less so ehhh... its personal preference .

Last edited by Raiden; March 10th, 2016 at 11:06 AM.
Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2016, 11:52 AM   #70
NikkiVuitton
Power Ranger

I'm a sucker for the packaging lol and the sounds. Also can't wait for the coin box and to see how it looks . I got my conformation can't wait to take pics and compare them since I have a lot of morphers lol
NikkiVuitton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2016, 11:58 AM   #71
Qi iHuKam
iPure Lotus Warriahi

SUNGEL wrote: View Post

I've been told (by a hardcore PR fan) that the Legacy version is far superior than this one.

You, dear American people owing the Legacy version, does it seem right to you if you compare the toys ?

I mean, I'd like a fair judgement because this remark pissed me off...
It's hard not to compare the toys in this scenario simply because the Zyuranger Dino Buckler was effectively based off the Legacy Morpher...

But that doesn't mean we "need" to compare, they each hold their own merits and with the original Dino Buckler being expensive as hell nowadays, this is the perfect solution to own one.

As a bigger fan of Sentai than Power Rangers, I still wouldn't compare one to the other and say which is better because as long as they both play the right sounds and both look similar to the original show design, why not just appreciate both?

On a side note, anyone here pre-ordered the Buckler from CSTOYS? Just wanted to know because if i'm correct and the morphers are being distributed to stores, hopefully the order shipping email notifications should be sent yh?
Qi iHuKam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2016, 12:08 PM   #72
Garrek45
Power Ranger

If you are a fan of MMPR then the Legacy Morpher is superior.
If you're a fan of Zyuranger the Artisan Morpher is superior.
They are literally the same thing, the only difference is the coins and electronics.
The "Artisan" Coins are resculpted to look more like the medallions in Zyuranger and the sounds are that of the sentai henshin.

If you are a fan of both MMPR and Zyuranger then they are both equal in value...the buckler does costs $150ish more with the coins though.
Old March 10th, 2016, 12:12 PM   #73
Kalel
The Last Son

I thought you were refuting that their intention was to mimic the suit buckle, not the accuracy, because you can tell that's what they were trying to do solely from that one angle.

Taichi wrote: View Post

Considering Geki used it in the team up... it's technically a show accurate holster now anyway...
Too true. I find it odd they went with the full chromed plates when his screen used ones look like they were V1 plates.
Old March 10th, 2016, 12:14 PM   #74
Xephon0930
Power Ranger

eBay
Garrek45 wrote: View Post

If you are a fan of MMPR then the Legacy Morpher is superior.
If you're a fan of Zyuranger the Artisan Morpher is superior.
They are literally the same thing, the only difference is the coins and electronics.
The "Artisan" Coins are resculpted to look more like the medallions in Zyuranger and the sounds are that of the sentai henshin.

If you are a fan of both MMPR and Zyuranger then they are both equal in value...the buckler does costs $150ish more with the coins though.
So they are equal in value but one comes with a higher price? Almost 4 times the amount you pay for the Legacy Morpher.

With less sounds and Coins to start off with.
Xephon0930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2016, 12:45 PM   #75
Garrek45
Power Ranger

Xephon0930 wrote: View Post

So they are equal in value but one comes with a higher price? Almost 4 times the amount you pay for the Legacy Morpher.

With less sounds and Coins to start off with.
Arguably the henshin sound is the only one it NEEDS and technically the only one that the Legacy has.
The MMPR morph just happens to contain a theme.

We have com beep on sound.
They have coin insert on sound.

We have the opening sound followed by theme for a transformation.
They have Zyranger's henshin sound, which doesn't include a theme.
Our theme is "technically" part of the transformation, where as their's is not.
Would have been nice to have the theme, but they don't "technically" have less sounds then us.

We have the extra coins.
They have the crystal.

We have a full retail release and lower prices.
They have a limited release with full chrome plates and screw caps at a premium price.

American's in general don't like to buy "premium" toys.
In Japan it is fairly common for people to pay quite a lot for "premium" items.
Be it anime, limited release toys, or other items.
Just cultural differences to blame the price on mostly.
Old March 10th, 2016, 01:00 PM   #76
Kalel
The Last Son

That's only half right. The buckler doesn't have the coin insert sound, which was one of my biggest gripes with it. I don't know what it's supposed to be, but it definitely isn't that. Everything else is pretty much true; they have their henshin sound, but MMPR didn't really have a henshin sound, it just played the theme or something similar when they morphed. So like you said, the theme is "technically" MMPR's henshin, even though it isn't. It really boils down to you are paying a premium price for the exclusivity. There won't be 4 reissues and 3 variations of the buckler, this is it. They could do a Dragon Buckler, but I'm not certain if they will or not.
Old March 10th, 2016, 01:13 PM   #77
Jerry
Hates "Let's Play"

Dino_Ranger_White wrote: View Post

What "design flaw" are you referring to? The only thing I can think
of is the red button on the side, so I guess that is the only OTHER thing
I don't care for with this release, lol.
I was actually referring to the coin being unlocked by the Z on the back. It should have had an actual locking mechanism so the coin wouldn't fly out while you're morphing.
Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2016, 01:49 PM   #78
Garrek45
Power Ranger

Kalel wrote: View Post

That's only half right. The buckler doesn't have the coin insert sound, which was one of my biggest gripes with it. I don't know what it's supposed to be, but it definitely isn't that.
Your right, I actually listened to it this time and its more like a punching sound.
Someone had referred to it as the coin inserting sound and my mind stuck to that or maybe they referred to it not being.. don't know.
Jerry wrote: View Post

I was actually referring to the coin being unlocked by the Z on the back. It should have had an actual locking mechanism so the coin wouldn't fly out while you're morphing.
I have swung mine around for my fair share of morphs and I have never knocked the coin out of a morpher unless it was a defective one with a lose coin.
Old March 10th, 2016, 02:16 PM   #79
Kalel
The Last Son

Someone had referred to it as the coin inserting sound and my mind stuck to that or maybe they referred to it not being.. don't know.
That was probably me complaining about it not being included, lol.
Old March 10th, 2016, 02:34 PM   #80
Xephon0930
Power Ranger

eBay

Arguably the henshin sound is the only one it NEEDS and technically the only one that the Legacy has.
The MMPR morph just happens to contain a theme.

We have the opening sound followed by theme for a transformation.
They have Zyranger's henshin sound, which doesn't include a theme.
Our theme is "technically" part of the transformation, where as their's is not.
Would have been nice to have the theme, but they don't "technically" have less sounds then us.

We have the extra coins.
They have the crystal.

We have a full retail release and lower prices.
They have a limited release with full chrome plates and screw caps at a premium price.

American's in general don't like to buy "premium" toys.
In Japan it is fairly common for people to pay quite a lot for "premium" items.
Be it anime, limited release toys, or other items.
Just cultural differences to blame the price on mostly.
Nonetheless, I feel sorry for those who paid $200 for this item expecting it to do more than it does. I am glad I cancelled my preorder for this as outside of screw hole covers, it does not add much to the original release especially when this piece costs about 4x more than the original mold.
Xephon0930 is offline   Reply With Quote