RangerBoard

Go Back   RangerBoard > Forums > Merchandise
Register Rules/FAQ VIP Membership Calendar Search Mark Forums Read

Old March 7th, 2013, 08:19 PM   #21
⚡Lord Zedd
Foolish Monkeys

32 eBay
Birca04 wrote: View Post

I'm sorry for asking, but how come there is a new thread for keys? did the original get filled to capacity? LOL
Yeah. It was at 299 pages, threads are to be closed when they reach 300. I just went ahead and closed the old one a page early.
Lord Zedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2013, 11:13 PM   #22
Quantum Wolf
Confusion & Delay!

Oh boy! New thread!

Anyway, in a couple of hours, I'm set to buy DX Kamen Rider OOO for the equivalent of $27. Great deal if there ever was one. And that'll bump my count to 124/233.
Quantum Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2013, 11:29 AM   #23
Airlim
Bitches Be Crazy

One thing i've been thinking about is how do you determine how much a key goes for with out it being to much or to little? Say Dekamaster master key or even the MMPR black Key?
Airlim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2013, 11:40 AM   #24
WhiteMystechRanger
Lets get Mystechal

Mainstream wrote: View Post

One thing i've been thinking about is how do you determine how much a key goes for with out it being to much or to little? Say Dekamaster master key or even the MMPR black Key?
It is difficult to determine. The base price of the key is about a pound really. The candy keys come in boxes of 10 and cost about a tenner plus shipping.

I've always tried selling the rarer keys for £5 plus shipping, but on RangerBoard I see it as people selling spare keys for what the other will pay for them. I was lucky enough to get MMPR Black and TimeBlue for about £20 all together I think it was. For another two Candy keys I bought I only paid the $24 dollars in shiping over to my house.

ebay prices are hard to gage since I see many of the same keys on there for weeks on end without any buyers. The main keys with huge value are the rare gashapon keys. They tend to go for $40 on their own.
WhiteMystechRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2013, 11:49 AM   #25
Airlim
Bitches Be Crazy

Internutt wrote: View Post

It is difficult to determine. The base price of the key is about a pound really. The candy keys come in boxes of 10 and cost about a tenner plus shipping.

I've always tried selling the rarer keys for £5 plus shipping, but on RangerBoard I see it as people selling spare keys for what the other will pay for them. I was lucky enough to get MMPR Black and TimeBlue for about £20 all together I think it was. For another two Candy keys I bought I only paid the $24 dollars in shiping over to my house.

ebay prices are hard to gage since I see many of the same keys on there for weeks on end without any buyers. The main keys with huge value are the rare gashapon keys. They tend to go for $40 on their own.
Keys always confuse me when it comes to selling. I thought the keys like DX would go for more then say the Gashapon ones but then again the world is cazy, I know some of the keys like MMPR Black would be a rare one. I kind of wish there was a guide for this at times lol

I've bought keys at like $20 before i got time pink and boken silver for $24 shipped which was great
Old March 8th, 2013, 12:01 PM   #26
dekablue25
db25 from ranger review

certain keys that are IN DEMAND are ones that go up and it goes back and forth.sometimes like the tricera key sell for 30ish and at other times hes at 55+ same with black condor one day hes 50 the next hes going for 70 and lets not get started on miss america that key is the death of all key buyers
dekablue25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2013, 12:05 PM   #27
Airlim
Bitches Be Crazy

dekablue25 wrote: View Post

certain keys that are IN DEMAND are ones that go up and it goes back and forth.sometimes like the tricera key sell for 30ish and at other times hes at 55+ same with black condor one day hes 50 the next hes going for 70 and lets not get started on miss america that key is the death of all key buyers
I saw the miss america key and thought at the time it would be the most common key oh boy was i wrong.

It's weird to see these keys go for so much

Guess i have to look around for the ones i'm selling, i have so many keys boxed keys
Old March 8th, 2013, 12:19 PM   #28
WhiteMystechRanger
Lets get Mystechal

Mainstream wrote: View Post

I saw the miss america key and thought at the time it would be the most common key oh boy was i wrong.

It's weird to see these keys go for so much

Guess i have to look around for the ones i'm selling, i have so many keys boxed keys
While better quality, the DX keys are more common. In that sense, DX versions of gashapon and Candy keys will always be preferred, but only if sold in it's original packaging. The problem is that DX keys have seen many re-releases making stuff like the original Red Ranger key sets almost worthless with better paint jobs added to the DX red rangers with their full teams.

Some Candy keys are fairly worthless, the Goseiknight key for example will have few takers since it was released twice in the Candy Key line making it fairly easy to get ahold of. Things like the Black MMPR Ranger are keys that never got any other release, so they can be sold at a much higher price.

But it depends on the buyer obviously, I've tried trading and selling Candy Key set 5 (still in packets, not in boxes) despite Clover King being fairly rare right now. The others in the set all got DX releases. I've had some interest in my Big One and Dekamaster Keys, but no buyers in the end.

The Ranger Key line has been out for 2 years now and because of that keys are only selling if they are rare (like the gashapon keys) or if the particular person is just starting to collect them.

HLJ recently got a huge restock of the DX team key sets, lowering their value significantly on ebay. Of course they're mostly sold out now so prices will most likely skyrocket soon.
WhiteMystechRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2013, 12:29 PM   #29
⚡OmegaRangerRed

32 eBay
dekablue25 wrote: View Post

i never had a problem getting her
OmegaRangerRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2013, 01:50 PM   #30
Jedi Pimp C
Jedi Ranger Master

Oh quit bragging ORR

...neither did I.
Jedi Pimp C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2013, 07:29 PM   #31
Quantum Wolf
Confusion & Delay!

Once the 30 Gash set arrives in April, this picture should look darker...
Old March 8th, 2013, 10:03 PM   #32
dekablue25
db25 from ranger review

OmegaRangerRed wrote: View Post

i never had a problem getting her
neither did I she was decent to get but ebay was when it went WILD on her lol
Old March 8th, 2013, 11:27 PM   #33
Zapdos560
Gokai Change, ZAPDOS!

Quantum Wolf wrote: View Post

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.n...43681705_n.jpg

Once the 30 Gash set arrives in April, this picture should look darker...
Can you post the original photo? A lot easier than digging through the old thread.
Zapdos560 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2013, 11:35 PM   #34
BigMDtheSequel
Power Ranger

Internutt wrote: View Post

Things like the Black MMPR Ranger are keys that never got any other release, so they can be sold at a much higher price.
Really? I got mine for $8 a couple weeks ago. I bought that, Princess Shinken Red, and Gokai Christmas from the same eBay seller, and altogether the whole thing cost me $29 shipped ($8 per Key plus $5 shipping).
BigMDtheSequel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2013, 11:40 PM   #35
dekablue25
db25 from ranger review

what internutt means is ones that were released awhile ago after a certain amount of time tend to get higher price in market value.mammoth ranger right now is on the low side but in a few more months or so it will go higher.right now keys that were released once for a short time are rare like keys from legend gashapon 01 and 02 plus miss america and a few well known ones and the lottery metallic gokai silver
Old March 9th, 2013, 03:09 AM   #36
ironzitoun
Battle France

I started collecting by the beginning of december , here i am so far

I hollowed the legend edition since i pre-ordered it .
still on the fence about movie edition set .
Missing some from Gash set 2 , apart from that everything else i need is DX so it should be easy to find ^^
ironzitoun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2013, 03:46 AM   #37
Quantum Wolf
Confusion & Delay!

Zapdos560 wrote: View Post

Can you post the original photo? A lot easier than digging through the old thread.
Here you go.

So I just got back from my mall, and had the best solo deal of buying a key ever since I bought Heart Queen at a convention for $2.50

My mall's arcade had Gash set 4. I bought one token, and kept in my pocket a spare token I accidentally bought months ago. Popped the tokens in but the machine ate them and wouldn't give me a key. An employee on hand saw what was going on and tried to fix it, but it was no good, even after he opened up the machine and gave me the tokens to try again.

To apologize, they opened the top of the machine and let me pick one. I picked Tigerranger (and completed Zyuranger). So not only did I manage to get a key from a machine without the luck factor, I got it at half the price. Tigerranger for $1.50

All in all a good day.
Old March 9th, 2013, 05:43 AM   #38
Peter
"Stegosaurus!"

That's a friggin' awesome day . Good work.
Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2013, 05:57 AM   #39
Quantum Wolf
Confusion & Delay!

He he thanks.

In fact, if I could time it right, or if they somehow don't take the machine away for inspection, I could buy more tokens and get suckered so much that they could open the machine again. Besides a Ninja Yellow, Pink Racer and a Green Racer that I will be getting on Monday from a fellow collector, the only keys I'm missing in Gash set 4 are Ninja White, Ninja Black and Yellow Racer.

Now if only the two machines in my mall weren't both set 4. In fact, both have the same error: Stocked with Set 4, yet decorated with the Set 5 paper showcase sheet.

Last edited by Quantum Wolf; March 10th, 2013 at 05:45 PM.
Old March 9th, 2013, 03:30 PM   #40
PRSSFAN
Power Ranger

Does someone have a the whole group shot like the ones Above not blacked out?
PRSSFAN is offline   Reply With Quote