RangerBoard

Go Back   RangerBoard > Forums > Merchandise
Register Rules/FAQ VIP Membership Calendar Search Mark Forums Read

Old June 13th, 2012, 02:25 PM   #41
Frizzlefratz
Power Ranger

Econo Green Ranger tutorial is a good one. I don't know you can link some outside tutorials (I can't because I'm new) but I found some awesome armor making tutorials that work great for helmet making.
They're by TheHerpTutorials on YouTube.
Really great stuff.
Frizzlefratz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2012, 07:40 PM   #42
ItzClavell
Miami's White Ranger

Frizzlefratz wrote: View Post

Econo Green Ranger tutorial is a good one. I don't know you can link some outside tutorials (I can't because I'm new) but I found some awesome armor making tutorials that work great for helmet making.
They're by TheHerpTutorials on YouTube.
Really great stuff.
That would be pretty interesting to see. I think you may have to ask a mod permission to post that here since it is not RB originated though :/
ItzClavell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2012, 12:40 AM   #43
JakeMoore
Green With Evil

Will fiberglassing the inside of a urethane plastic cast warp the plastic?
JakeMoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2012, 12:44 AM   #44
Frizzlefratz
Power Ranger

Well, I've posted enough to get access to link posting so I'll just post a link to the first video in the tutorial. Mods, if this is against the rules I apologize. This is a pretty useful series of video tutorials on making armor with Pepakura but it translated beautifully to helmet making as well.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbDXidgCwqI&sns=em
Frizzlefratz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2012, 06:28 AM   #45
ItzClavell
Miami's White Ranger

JakeMoore wrote: View Post

Will fiberglassing the inside of a urethane plastic cast warp the plastic?
it shouldn't, just make sure you sand the inside so the resin has something to grab on to.. and use appropriate amounts of hardner to resin. The heat put off by the amount of hardner is what will be the contributing factor
Old June 14th, 2012, 08:58 AM   #46
JakeMoore
Green With Evil

Yeah, that's kinda what I figured. I can probably use just a tiny bit less catalyst to lower the heat and increase cure time.
Old June 17th, 2012, 02:24 PM   #47
JakeMoore
Green With Evil

What's you guys' preferred method of hinging for the green Ranger helmet? The center of the cut is on that main ridge, so using an actual hinge seems like it wouldn't work. Do you think I should just use nylon straps?

Reference image: http://d.pr/i/NmyC
Old June 17th, 2012, 05:55 PM   #48
ItzClavell
Miami's White Ranger

I'm working on a kit for a buddy of mine and I am using metal hinge. found it to be more sturdy
Old June 17th, 2012, 05:57 PM   #49
JakeMoore
Green With Evil

Are you placing it on that ridge? Have you got a photo?
Old June 17th, 2012, 07:17 PM   #50
ItzClavell
Miami's White Ranger

JakeMoore wrote: View Post

Are you placing it on that ridge? Have you got a photo?
Yea I put it right on the back ridge you have there. I used a 1/2" hinge i got from Home Depot. Unfortunately I do not have pics at this time
Old June 17th, 2012, 08:50 PM   #51
JakeMoore
Green With Evil

Alright thanks, I'd love to see a picture whenever you get a chance.
Old June 22nd, 2012, 08:27 PM   #52
nes1984
Power Ranger

Lord Zedd Costume?
nes1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2012, 02:54 AM   #53
Black Power
Acquired Taste

I'm gearing up to place an order for a full Black MMPR costume, which I need for a small production, and I think I'll need a few redundancies for stunts and to show damage. Are there cheap, passable-at-a-distance options for the major pieces like the suit and helmet?

Second question; It seems to me that the helmet would muffle your voice, making it nearly impossible to be heard. Has anyone ever set up a mic/speaker system for their helmet?

Clever girl.
Black Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2012, 02:44 PM   #54
Shinken Red_452
Power Ranger

I want to make this: http://www.custom-workz-charoensap.c...ai-silver.html (I have a secondary gokai spear toy), but while the pole part looks to be the right length, using the toy leaves the three-prongs looking way too small. So I was wondering if it's not possible to make something proper in-scale and take the electronics out of the toy and put them into the prop (not really caring about the gun trigger, more so that the key would work and it'd have a speaker for the "fiiiiiinal wave!" sound).

Perhaps even go the extra-extra step and make it so the pole can either screw off at a point, and the thing can "transform" into the gun-mode, or even the anchor mode.

Is such a thing even possible?
Shinken Red_452 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2012, 02:40 PM   #55
wilbso
Power Ranger

nice. This will come in handy
wilbso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2012, 04:56 PM   #56
JakeMoore
Green With Evil

can anybody remind me what the site is that lets you search japanese auction sites? It starts with an M or R, I think?
Old July 14th, 2012, 02:05 AM   #57
Navyblue1809
Gouuuuraiger

Rinkya? Mandrake?
Navyblue1809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2012, 05:54 PM   #58
Drehova26
Drehova26

I have a quick question about the helmets, I am planning on making some helmets myself and been watching some tuturials and I would like some help on where or who is selling the mouth piece for the red, green and black ranger helmets and if so, how much do they cost!? Thank u much
Drehova26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2012, 06:45 PM   #59
MightyTigerRanger
Power Ranger

Well first off I would like to introduce myself. Hi, I'm Mighty Tiger Ranger and I'm a bit new to the board. Ok so I'm a total noob. Anyway I have a question. Soes anyone know where I can get good MMPR white ranger boots my size. I have big feet due to my height and its hard enough finding regular boots, let alone costume ones. My boot size is size 16 U.S. in case you were wondering. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
MightyTigerRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2012, 08:34 PM   #60
Darth Goofy
Ranger from the Dark Side

MightyTigerRanger wrote: View Post

Well first off Hi, I'm a bit new to the board. anyone know where I can get good MMPR white ranger boots my size. I have big feet due to my height and its hard enough finding regular boots, let alone costume ones. My boot size is size 16 U.S. in case you were wondering. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Welcome to the board MightyTigerRanger! I hope you enjpy your time here and you can take the most out of the forums. Regarding boots you may try Aniki here or Face Book by Aniki Cosplay. But just an advise he is very bussy and he take time to respond but for good quality boots and made to your size he is your best choice. Also take into consideration for when you want the boots as it'll take about a month estimated to get done and his shipping agent takes some time before shipping too.

Also in the opening post (OP) of this thread you'll find more info reguarding cosplay questions & answers like where to get stuff and from who and who is the best porp maker.

Hope this help.
Darth Goofy is offline   Reply With Quote