RangerBoard
 
Go Back   RangerBoard > Forums > Merchandise
Register Rules/FAQ VIP Membership Calendar Search Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 26th, 2017, 03:06 PM   #3961
Larry Koopa
Olive Ranger
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 395
I DO like that they include a white holster for the Dragon Dagger. It's accurate to Fighting Spirit.
And the Metallic White Ranger goes perfectly with the rest of the Metallic team. Metallic armor was only for White, Red, Blue, Black, Yellow, and Pink. Sorry Green!
Larry Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2017, 04:48 PM   #3962
a squad
Gettin Supercharged Up
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 3,663
Nevermind.
a squad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2017, 04:48 PM   #3963
rocky505
Writer of PRLW
 
rocky505's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 6,996
a squad wrote: View Post

If they wanted to be 100% accurate Green would've had the silver stripe.
It does have the silver stripe...
rocky505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2017, 04:52 PM   #3964
a squad
Gettin Supercharged Up
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 3,663
rocky505 wrote: View Post

It does have the silver stripe...
Yeah I just noticed that zooming in. Kinda hard to see from a distance.
a squad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2017, 05:30 PM   #3965
Tsukasa
Power Ranger
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 2,746
1- con excluvies suck major ass
2 - this line just keeps degrading more and more!

There will never be a perfect ranger line release.
There will always be issues.

I'm just gonna get the Legacy ZEO role-play items and then I'm done!
I'm gonna return the white mmpr tomorrow...
Tsukasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2017, 05:37 PM   #3966
RedRanger87
Somewhere on KO-35
 
RedRanger87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,072
Tsukasa wrote: View Post

1- con excluvies suck major ass
2 - this line just keeps degrading more and more!
I can understand not bring happy with convention exclusives, but what about this set is degrading?

Tsukasa wrote: View Post

There will never be a perfect ranger line release.
There will always be issues.
There ya go, that's thinking realistically.
RedRanger87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2017, 06:15 PM   #3967
aquawaldo
Power Ranger
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 321
correct me if I'm wrong... but didn't they kinda announce at SDCC that the legacy figures would now come with weapons AND a build a figure? is that starting with psychos or do you think they were able to work it out in time for Zeo/Dino Thunder? seem odd they would make a Zeo weapon just for a con exclusive when at this point they know and have acknowledged that everyone wants weapons included.

maybe not for every set of figures but def the more popular ones. id say Zeo is high on the popularity list.
aquawaldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2017, 06:24 PM   #3968
Tsukasa
Power Ranger
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 2,746
RedRanger87 wrote: View Post

I can understand not bring happy with convention exclusives, but what about this set is degrading?



There ya go, that's thinking realistically.
First it was every ranger ever, now it won't be
No weapons
Bad sculpts
Bad paints
Con exclusives with weapons
2nd waves different look, added weapons

The figurine line is shot!
There is no consistancy except that there is a lack of it....
Tsukasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2017, 06:37 PM   #3969
RedRanger87
Somewhere on KO-35
 
RedRanger87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,072
aquawaldo wrote: View Post

correct me if I'm wrong... but didn't they kinda announce at SDCC that the legacy figures would now come with weapons AND a build a figure? is that starting with psychos or do you think they were able to work it out in time for Zeo/Dino Thunder? seem odd they would make a Zeo weapon just for a con exclusive when at this point they know and have acknowledged that everyone wants weapons included.

maybe not for every set of figures but def the more popular ones. id say Zeo is high on the popularity list.
From what I recall, they said Psycho Pink would come with the Savage Sword and the Sixths would come with weapons. Nothing about the main rangers getting BAF pieces and weapons at the same time.

I agree that it is sort of odd to make the Zeo sword a con exclusive, but I'm not reading into it further than that because they can do more with exclusive releases than they can with retail releases.

Tsukasa wrote: View Post

First it was every ranger ever, now it won't be
No weapons
Bad sculpts
Bad paints
Con exclusives with weapons
2nd waves different look, added weapons

The figurine line is shot!
There is no consistancy except that there is a lack of it....
We haven't heard anything about them stopping "every ranger ever" (as ambitious as it is).

I think the retail MMPR metallic figures are a one-off release. We won't see second waves of figures with weapons for every figure. This is an exclusive release so it operates a little differently than retail. I have faith that they'll address the weapon issue in a satisfying manner.

I personally disagree that the sculpts/paint are bad, but that is a matter of preference. The other figures we get aren't spot on either.....
RedRanger87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2017, 06:38 PM   #3970
Falcon6
Its time to d-d-d-d-dduel
 
Falcon6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 646
eBay
Tsukasa wrote: View Post

First it was every ranger ever, now it won't be
No weapons
Bad sculpts
Bad paints
Con exclusives with weapons
2nd waves different look, added weapons

The figurine line is shot!
There is no consistancy except that there is a lack of it....
No weapons is bad, but its still bad if they make figures with weapons? Who said it wont be every ranger ever?
Falcon6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2017, 06:48 PM   #3971
Dino_Ranger_White
White Ranger_Dino Power!
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 3,962
I think that is overreacting to this set just a bit,
Calling it degrading.

And as far as all the other points, to each his own.
I have complained about this line before myself... But at the end of the
Day, it is nice to have these misb all together. They look great as a line.
Dino_Ranger_White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2017, 07:27 PM   #3972
aquawaldo
Power Ranger
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 321
RedRanger87 wrote: View Post

From what I recall, they said Psycho Pink would come with the Savage Sword and the Sixths would come with weapons. Nothing about the main rangers getting BAF pieces and weapons at the same time.

I agree that it is sort of odd to make the Zeo sword a con exclusive, but I'm not reading into it further than that because they can do more with exclusive releases than they can with retail releases.
Well for the psychos I do remember them showing weapons for all of them and the build a figure alpha pieces. Maybe it’s cause they are a copy of each other with different paint.
aquawaldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2017, 07:37 PM   #3973
andr0s81
100% Grade "A" Final Boss
 
andr0s81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 7,005
4 eBay
There Psychos are were the weapons start to come, along with a smaller stupid BAF (not that I'm saying Alpha is stupid, I just hate the whole BAF concept). Zeo and Dino Thunder are too far along I believe to have that changed implanted for them, plus we already know that Zeo has the Megazord BAF.
andr0s81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2017, 07:40 PM   #3974
kwantrini
VIP Rider
 
kwantrini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 41
eBay
kwantrini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2017, 08:12 PM   #3975
Xenotome
★Morgan McMichaels★
 
Xenotome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 24,658
I just... cannot with them continuing to hold individual weapons at a premium like this. Zeo Power Sword an NYCC exclusive. They could not act less interested in what they're consumers are asking them for if they tried.
Xenotome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2017, 09:00 PM   #3976
TheSentaiGuy
making idiocy an art form
 
TheSentaiGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,360
Oh, so they made a zeo 5 power sword, but for the foreseeable future it will remain an NYCC exclusive, and there's little reason to believe it will ever see a regular release, making it so I have to get the regular version of zeo red because if they don't make a second release of him with the sword, I'll be out the figure entirely? Would you excuse me a moment?

At this point I think it's kinda funny. It's like they sat down to plan this set and said "Hmm, gee zeo red seems a little bland with nothing to hold but a plain looking laser pistol and that lowercase t thing. I know, let's give him his signature weapon, that'll make a great accessory!" Hahaha ahhh damn it.
TheSentaiGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2017, 09:22 PM   #3977
Xenotome
★Morgan McMichaels★
 
Xenotome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 24,658
And make it a different sheen so it won't even mix in with your other Zeo figures...


I just really don't understand how you continue to fuck up your premium figures every single time. I can't wait to see in what way the Psychos are incorrect after people applauded them for stepping out of their comfort zone to do them...
Xenotome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2017, 11:24 PM   #3978
⚡Morgan Lamia
---[DekaModerator]---
 
Morgan Lamia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 10,736
I'm actually really impressed at how accurate to Fighting Spirit that Green Ranger is, with the *FS correct* morpher, holster and obviously helmet changes too. I expected the helmet stripes but not the others. That's some good planning.
Morgan Lamia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2017, 05:46 AM   #3979
Dino_Ranger_White
White Ranger_Dino Power!
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 3,962
I get the frustration, but it is what it is at this point.
You either like the line or you don't.

Bandai is going to do what costs out best for them, thats the bottom line.
So complaining about it will make no difference. Would I like to have the weapons?
Sure would!

But since I am keeping them MOC, doesn't really make or break them for me.
Dino_Ranger_White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2017, 08:31 AM   #3980
Lord-Zero
Chameliac was trolled...
 
Lord-Zero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 1,196
eBay
All this crying and moaning over a tiny sword that he didn't even use much...

...yes, it sucks but it's a con exclusive for a reason.

The FS Green Ranger looks very nice. Very accurate to the episode.
Lord-Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.