RangerBoard

Go Back   RangerBoard > Forums > Merchandise
Register Rules/FAQ VIP Membership Calendar Search Mark Forums Read

Old September 25th, 2017, 06:46 AM   #101
moonknight2099
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_future_zordon View Post
So anyone find it interesting that the build driver straps are the same ones used for the ghost driver?
Actually there from Gaim sengoku driver and the back piece is from ghost they've reused straps before
moonknight2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2017, 12:40 PM   #102
TealMystechRanger
Terror adhaerens

In a couple of days, we should be seeing official images for as many DX Full Bottles as we already have (Ninjya, Comic, Panda, Rocket, Bat, Cobra, Lion and Shoubousha). I find that quite exciting; the more we see, the more easily I can make a decision on whether or not I'm getting these, and the fact that we're seeing so many at once in crisp quality is great.

On that note, I'm also going to let Q2 inform my decision. Ghost shows just how much the second set of toys can run counter to what interested me in the first place. Hopefully that'll be in a few weeks.

Anyone got any photos to share of their items so far? This thread's been very photo-light, and I'd love to see how people's collections are going, even if they're very small for now.
TealMystechRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2017, 03:41 PM   #103
SentaiFive
Director of The Hexagon

Few weeks back when I got my Build stuff, I attempted to take full advantage of the gimmick by attempting to drink out of the Full Bottle, but unfortunately the bottom has a very small space where the water leaks out. I was planning on filling it up with a 5 Hour Energy lol. Maybe if you glue the bottom it could probably work or seal it with something else, but I probably won't take the chance.

Here's a video I took to show you what I'm talking about. It's a shame too because I was looking forward to drinking or possibly taking shots out of it in the future.

https://twitter.com/SentaiFive/statu...26786478522368
SentaiFive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2017, 12:27 PM   #104
Go-OnGold83
ZyuohTheWorld!!

here's Kamen Rider Build DX Ninin Comic Full Bottle Set

Ninjutsu Hatsudou DX 4-Coma Ninpoutou

i love the niin comic henshin sound and the weapon not so much.

i wish it was buttons and not the pressing count to activate the sounds.
Go-OnGold83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2017, 12:52 PM   #105
TealMystechRanger
Terror adhaerens

Can't see the images (and they're not up on B-Boys yet), but when I tried to find them quickly via Google, I did encounter this:

Old September 28th, 2017, 11:19 PM   #106
Yamato
Knight of Spear

Bandai's catalog updated. October 14th is the date for toys that month. Panda/Rocket set, TransSteamGun and TransSteamBlade are out then. There are also pics for November release figures, Build Phone and Pandora Panel.

http://www.bandai.co.jp/search.php?c...3%8A%81%5B%83Y
Yamato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2017, 05:29 AM   #107
TealMystechRanger
Terror adhaerens

They all look fab! Though Comic Full Bottle's transparent yellow plastic is a little off-putting...

Meanwhile, CSToys got 300 of those flyers/posters I posted before in-stock. It's A3 size or thereabouts, and none of the Build stuff is blacked out - no surprise really, since it's all the forms whose items have just been officially added to the catalogue.

... so basically I'm thinking of buying GorillaMond or something to try and get a poster and to see how I like the Full Bottles in-hand. *sigh* At the least, it should only be a small purchase, and if I do get into Build fully, it's one purchase I've already made.

Edit: So. This is going to be a thing.

More details next month, apparently.

Last edited by TealMystechRanger; September 29th, 2017 at 07:18 AM.
Old September 29th, 2017, 05:53 PM   #108
a squad
Gettin Supercharged Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go-OnGold83 View Post
here's Kamen Rider Build DX Ninin Comic Full Bottle Set

Ninjutsu Hatsudou DX 4-Coma Ninpoutou

i love the niin comic henshin sound and the weapon not so much.

i wish it was buttons and not the pressing count to activate the sounds.
Tell me I'm not the only one getting PRS Mega Blade vibes from the weapon.

Last edited by a squad; September 29th, 2017 at 05:58 PM.
a squad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2017, 09:30 PM   #109
Lee Noire
I think. Therefore I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TealMystechRanger View Post
Edit: So. This is going to be a thing.

http://bandai-a.akamaihd.net/bc/imag...builder_01.jpg

More details next month, apparently.
It's too bad the BCR figures are kinda meh. Well, the GorillaMond one is. I was ok with the head not moving, but the arms losing almost all shoulder movement is a deal breaker. I wonder if this prop will be compatible with the So-Do line.
Lee Noire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2017, 05:31 PM   #110
⚡Taichi
Smells like a Rose...

32 eBay
I can haz Best Match?

Finally got this belt! And it doesn't disappoint. I don't think I've loved a belt as much since W. And it's my favorite colors... black and red.

The bottles aren't bad. They look nice, kinda fun to shake them up, they fit in your hand well. The belt is thicker than I thought too. Definitely gonna need to get more bottles, but I think these can be more like Gashats... where I don't HAVE to collect them all and can pick and choose.
Taichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2017, 06:04 PM   #111
Gold Samurai
Power Ranger

Octopus Light Best Match revealed

Gold Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2017, 06:57 PM   #112
TealMystechRanger
Terror adhaerens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taichi View Post
I can haz Best Match?

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/922/runcgu.jpg

Finally got this belt! And it doesn't disappoint. I don't think I've loved a belt as much since W. And it's my favorite colors... black and red.

The bottles aren't bad. They look nice, kinda fun to shake them up, they fit in your hand well. The belt is thicker than I thought too. Definitely gonna need to get more bottles, but I think these can be more like Gashats... where I don't HAVE to collect them all and can pick and choose.
Nice glowing endorsement there! It's looking good!

I'm going to see if we can get Q2 images before I finally pounce on GorillaMond (and that lovely double-sided Build/Kyuranger poster). Though at least just two Bottles is better than half a collection, should I decide I don't want to follow Build toys, even if it's not ideal.
Old October 2nd, 2017, 11:30 PM   #113
Yamato
Knight of Spear

Quote:
I can haz Best Match?

<Pic snip>

Personally think you made a good choice, dude. I'm a fan of the belt myself, I'm unsure how I'll go about with the collection though. I'm definitely picking up the TransSteam items in Japan but I guess I'll think about getting more FullBotttles. At least we aren't pressured into buying the weapons to get DX FullBottles...that's a relief.
Old October 3rd, 2017, 07:20 AM   #114
AnAlpha
Power Ranger

32 eBay
Figuarts inbound

Rabbit Tank has a Feb release date
AnAlpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2017, 07:23 AM   #115
⚡Taichi
Smells like a Rose...

32 eBay
They're beautiful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamato View Post
Personally think you made a good choice, dude. I'm a fan of the belt myself, I'm unsure how I'll go about with the collection though. I'm definitely picking up the TransSteam items in Japan but I guess I'll think about getting more FullBotttles. At least we aren't pressured into buying the weapons to get DX FullBottles...that's a relief.
Thanks... I wanted the belt when it was released, but HLJ screwed me over. Found one on Mandarake for 5000 yen, so I pounced.

I can say one thing... at least the bottles aren't numbered... otherwise, it'd be Gaim all over again... lol! Cause I really, really love Build so far. I don't think I've actively pursued a series so hard since Gaim.
Old October 3rd, 2017, 08:18 AM   #116
TealMystechRanger
Terror adhaerens

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnAlpha View Post
Figuarts inbound

https://scontent.fagc1-2.fna.fbcdn.n...d3&oe=5A4947E4

Rabbit Tank has a Feb release date
All my yyyyeeeeesss! Damn it, I've already got six Ex-Aid Figuarts to potentially get, I'm just waiting on a few more to be announced... and now we're two figures deep into Build! I haven't even gotten Necrom yet, Tamashii!

Quote:
I can say one thing... at least the bottles aren't numbered... otherwise, it'd be Gaim all over again... lol! Cause I really, really love Build so far. I don't think I've actively pursued a series so hard since Gaim.
Funnily enough, I feel the Full Bottles are like the Lockseeds. While they're not numbered, they each have unique physical designs, beyond the "same thing different colour" of the Eyecons and Gashats. That's the extra appeal for me - beyond the show being so good, I enjoy the Lockseeds because of their varying designs, and they don't have to be colour-coded for me to like them. The Full Bottles are more colour-coded, even if, like the wider range of Eyecons, we're getting a heavy mix of colours. They could be my ideal... but on the other hand, I need to see what Q2 looks like and how the show shapes up.
Old October 3rd, 2017, 02:17 PM   #117
a squad
Gettin Supercharged Up

Just scored a Build Belt for 34.99 on Ebay. This'll be my first ever KR belt so here's hoping I'll enjoy it. From the reviews I've seen though it looks like a lot of fun.
a squad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2017, 02:22 PM   #118
⚡Taichi
Smells like a Rose...

32 eBay
Quote:
Originally Posted by TealMystechRanger View Post
Funnily enough, I feel the Full Bottles are like the Lockseeds. While they're not numbered, they each have unique physical designs, beyond the "same thing different colour" of the Eyecons and Gashats. That's the extra appeal for me - beyond the show being so good, I enjoy the Lockseeds because of their varying designs, and they don't have to be colour-coded for me to like them. The Full Bottles are more colour-coded, even if, like the wider range of Eyecons, we're getting a heavy mix of colours. They could be my ideal... but on the other hand, I need to see what Q2 looks like and how the show shapes up.
They are nice. I think I went gung-ho on the locks only because they were so unique and odd, and truthfully, I like 99% of the forms. The bottles are nice, but only a handful of the forms I really like. I might have to see them in action before committing.

Drive really ruined me on collectibles. I'm far more lenient on purchases now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a squad View Post
Just scored a Build Belt for 34.99 on Ebay. This'll be my first ever KR belt so here's hoping I'll enjoy it. From the reviews I've seen though it looks like a lot of fun.
DANG!!! Nice score! So, your first belt ever?! Not a bad one to start off with. However, after getting ones that do more and work with more items, if you do choose to get other belts, you'll kinda feel cheated with the lack of features... lol!
Old October 3rd, 2017, 02:59 PM   #119
Yamato
Knight of Spear

Quote:
Ghost did this to me. I disliked Eyecons so much but I kept buying because I was already in so deep. I'm not 100% sold on collecting every FullBottle yet. I mean...at least the sets aren't that expensive, that's a plus. But also room to display...
Old October 3rd, 2017, 03:41 PM   #120
TealMystechRanger
Terror adhaerens

Quote:
They are nice. I think I went gung-ho on the locks only because they were so unique and odd, and truthfully, I like 99% of the forms. The bottles are nice, but only a handful of the forms I really like. I might have to see them in action before committing.

That's fair. I'm really enjoying all of Build's forms so far, but really... it's not like the Bottles actual transform you, so liking the forms isn't necessarily a deciding factor on me getting the items.

I get what you mean with Drive. On my part, it's still having so small a budget that I need to be really considerate of what I purchase. Digivolving Spirits are already pre-ordered, so they come first. If push comes to shove, I could ignore Necrom, forego the fact that I already have Specter, and just get Ex-Aid Lvl 2 and Build RabbitTank in Figuarts form. Skip the Psychos, and the Zeonizer. But... we'll see what happens. Maybe Q2 will change my mind on these?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamato View Post
Ghost did this to me. I disliked Eyecons so much but I kept buying because I was already in so deep. I'm not 100% sold on collecting every FullBottle yet. I mean...at least the sets aren't that expensive, that's a plus. But also room to display...
Ugh, on my part, Q1 made me love the Eyecons for their designs and colours... and then Q2, other than giving us a pink Eyecon, was pretty bleh. And I kept on because, hey, it's a collection! But then Billy the Kid was brown instead of orange, and there were about five different finishes, and... the inconsistencies amongst what should've been consistent items, plus the severe lack of funds and the show getting mediocre, ruined it for me.

Found two containers of glitter, roughly Full Bottle-sized and with green glitter in one and silver in the other. I'm now pretending they're Soujiki and Harinezumi. Help me!