RangerBoard

Go Back   RangerBoard > Forums > Merchandise
Register Rules/FAQ VIP Membership Calendar Search Mark Forums Read

Old March 20th, 2017, 10:01 AM   #21
janckson
Power Ranger

Tread with caution if you're preordering from PCS.

Don't count on it releasing in the estimated date; 2 years is usually the norm. I have 10 of their preorders to date and 3 of them has taken 22+ months to get to production. The rest are getting closer to that time frame.

They makeup their policies and change it on a whim. Many people are getting bitter pieces are persistently delayed and are trying to cancel. Some had success while others are being pushed around with inconsistent policies.

Production pieces may deviate from what you see now for the worse. They know it too and deliberately deflect the issue when answers are demanded. Take a look at the 1:3 Sub-Zero and Scorpion thread at statueforums.com.

I would highly recommend waiting until the bust is actually released before buying. Don't think you will have troubles picking it up for retail or less.
janckson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2017, 05:48 PM   #22
Voyager
[ERROR]

If they release a Green Ranger using 'props used on the show', i.e. 100% accurate, literally one week after shipping your going to find screen cast helmet kits for sale on eBay, made of of the bust.
Thats the single biggest reason why I doubt we'll see a green ranger version of this, Saban brands and toei (who are very reasonable about screen cast props making there way into the fandom, technically, every single helmet maker out there is guilty of copyright infringement) have worked very hard to keep that helmet under lock and key for the last 20 years, this bust, the legacy helmet, if it was all about sales, they'd release the most popular, that's green ranger!
Voyager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2017, 03:27 PM   #23
Dragon Ranger
is a sentai separatist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
If they release a Green Ranger using 'props used on the show', i.e. 100% accurate, literally one week after shipping your going to find screen cast helmet kits for sale on eBay, made of of the bust.
Thats the single biggest reason why I doubt we'll see a green ranger version of this, Saban brands and toei (who are very reasonable about screen cast props making there way into the fandom, technically, every single helmet maker out there is guilty of copyright infringement) have worked very hard to keep that helmet under lock and key for the last 20 years, this bust, the legacy helmet, if it was all about sales, they'd release the most popular, that's green ranger!
I believe Toei has always kept their props under lock and key. How many screen cast (are available to anyone) out there of all super sentai warriors? I know the MMPR team except green. Didn't Toei have to make a new green ranger helmet for JDF in Dino Thunder? I just think there are not a lot of them out there. What collector would let a piece like that be copied?

I really think that they should've come out with green but what if the makers liked white more. Now a days everyone makes replica helmets or has the actual 3d files that they used in the movies. I don't think bootlegging or recasting would have a affect on them choosing white.
Dragon Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2017, 06:11 PM   #24
mereel
Power Ranger

Well, no idea where I'm going to put this thing, but i put my order in for the exclusive. I figure I'll have a couple years to sort it out though, lol.
mereel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2017, 03:48 AM   #25
Raiden
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
Im out,
For now this is still the case, however its not final. The pre-order going live still leaves an ember in there somewhere. Im waiting to see what price Sideshow offer. Im hoping that the " simplified " version as PCS put it will be the $800 price. Some things like a light up Reaver on a Raziel statue im willing to pay for, especially as it was only $30 more. But i have a feeling that there will be more than a $30 price difference with this.

Edit : https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collecti...istributednews

Sideshow has the pre order up. $999.

So buy the exclusive from pop culture, with a light up feature for up to $200 less, or buy the full priced one with gutted electronics from Sideshow.

Last edited by Raiden; March 28th, 2017 at 01:47 PM.
Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2017, 11:21 PM   #26
janckson
Power Ranger

Good luck folks. The last 3 statues from them has had issues and this is the owner's take on one of them:

http://www.statueforum.com/showpost....postcount=9484

Quote:
The Official Update is:

We tried to repaint the kanji. Doesnt work. Once the paint dries it just starts cracking again.

Now, we have had them here for months now and they dont get any worse. The paint doesnt flake off, it just forms cracks. And this is only on the back kanji, its not the rest of the figure.

They are all like this and as bitter a pill as it is , there is no fix for it. Its just the way they are.

If you feel yours is less valuable because it has cracks, well they all do, so its a level playing field. No one has one with no cracks. So no ones is more valuable.
Tossing their problems at you with no recourse. If the White Ranger bust comes out great, then great, otherwise prepare for a slew of disappointments and lack of accountability.
Old April 19th, 2017, 03:33 AM   #27
Serpenterix
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by janckson View Post
Good luck folks. The last 3 statues from them has had issues and this is the owner's take on one of them:

http://www.statueforum.com/showpost....postcount=9484

Tossing their problems at you with no recourse. If the White Ranger bust comes out great, then great, otherwise prepare for a slew of disappointments and lack of accountability.
Sounds like this is something not worth the risk at all. For a grand you'd better be getting something of high quality. Luckily I couldn't give less of a shit about a bust so this is something I don't have to worry about. For that kind of money I could buy a LOT of cool stuff I'd get more enjoyment out of than a statue of questionable quality.
Serpenterix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2017, 01:33 AM   #28
janckson
Power Ranger

--Edit--

Last edited by janckson; May 1st, 2017 at 08:37 AM.
Old June 25th, 2017, 10:28 AM   #29
⚡Morgan Lamia
---[DekaModerator]---

We all thought it would be coming - The Red Ranger is also on the way!

Morgan Lamia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2017, 12:37 PM   #30
⚡Morgan Lamia
---[DekaModerator]---

The full page is now up on the PCS site. It's very pretty.

https://popcultureshocktoys.com/prod...pcs-exclusive/

Quote:
“It’s Morphin’ Time!”

The Mighty Morphin’ Power Rangers burst onto television screens in 1993 and the show was an immediate cultural phenomenon.

Using footage from the popular Super Sentai series that had already been running for years in Japan, MMPR was for many American kids their first look at a group of spandex clad teenagers battling giant monsters in a sea of smoke and explosion effects.

The shows success led to the adaptation of subsequent seasons of the Sentai, which featured a new team of heroes each year. No matter the makeup of the team the show always featured a leader who was the embodiment of heroism and bravery…the Mighty Red Ranger.

PCS Collectibles pays tribute to that first noble Red Ranger, Jason Lee Scott, in our next Life-Size Bust.

Featuring a faithful recreation of the Season 1 Red Ranger helmet and a fabric costume that offers a distinct textural contrast and gives the whole piece an incredible authenticity found in few collectibles today.

The PCS Exclusive Red Ranger bust stands an impressive 25” tall and features an LED light-up Power Morpher base and signed certificate of authenticity and is limited to only 200 pieces worldwide!
Approx. Dimensions – 24″ (60.96cm) H x 17″ (43.18cm) W x 12″ (30.48cm) D

Sculpted by – Miguel Argueta, Glenn Morris & Justin McMillan
Painted by – Mike Najera
Art Director – Jerry Macaluso

Last edited by Morgan Lamia; July 1st, 2017 at 12:47 PM.
Old July 1st, 2017, 01:06 PM   #31
⚡Taichi
Smells like a Rose...

32 eBay
God, I'm in love! I don't have any place to put that, but I'd buy that in a second!
Taichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2017, 06:35 PM   #32
⚡Morgan Lamia
---[DekaModerator]---

Two of the new products unveiled at SDCC - A really damn nice Tommy/Dragonzord statue and more love for Lord Drakkon, coming in August and September respectively.

Photos from Tokunation: link / link

Old July 19th, 2017, 06:40 PM   #33
⚡OmegaRangerRed

32 eBay
DAMMMMNNNNN, that first statue.....I may have to get.
OmegaRangerRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2017, 07:01 PM   #34
⚡TuxedoK
Old School Mod Justice.

1 eBay
As cool as the first one looks, isn't it a bit out of scale for how big the Dragonzord's tail would be?

Shocked to see Lord Drakkon getting more love.
TuxedoK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2017, 07:22 PM   #35
⚡OmegaRangerRed

32 eBay
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuxedoK View Post
As cool as the first one looks, isn't it a bit out of scale for how big the Dragonzord's tail would be?
I'm ok with that
OmegaRangerRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2017, 07:32 PM   #36
⚡Morgan Lamia
---[DekaModerator]---

TN have uploaded their hi-res photo gallery from the SDCC booth, also including the upcoming 1:1 scale MMPR Red bust:

http://news.tokunation.com/2017/07/1...rs-items-43016
Old July 20th, 2017, 06:00 AM   #37
ShinySephiroth
The Power Ranger Archives

eBay
Is that coin incorrect for Drakkon?
ShinySephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2017, 06:40 AM   #38
⚡Taichi
Smells like a Rose...

32 eBay
At least from the photos it looks to be just the normal Dragon coin... however, I'd venture to say that Drakkon is definitely not finished. That green on him is "very" painted, and not very well, I might add. That'll probably be fixed in the final version.

And I'll say it... I'm not a fan of that Green Ranger on DZ's tail. While I love the concept... something is really off on that Ranger. I think it's that right arm, there's a proportion issue there that I just can't unsee and it throws the whole thing off.
Taichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2017, 07:48 AM   #39
⚡Morgan Lamia
---[DekaModerator]---

I can't remember who said it now, but I read yesterday that they were still painting Drakkon just before the floor opened for the preview.
Old September 22nd, 2017, 02:26 PM   #40
bearytrek
Power Ranger

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/p...-scale-statue/

it says the exclusive editions come with two sets of dragon armor...do they mean two different chestplates to allow for the different posing of the arms?
bearytrek is offline   Reply With Quote