RangerBoard

Go Back   RangerBoard > Forums > Merchandise
Register Rules/FAQ VIP Membership Calendar Search Mark Forums Read

Old September 13th, 2017, 12:57 PM   #1
HowlingSnail
Power Ranger

Pokémon Anime coming to UK DVD/Blu-Ray

It's been a long time coming, but episodes 1-52 of Pokémon are coming to UK DVD and Blu-Ray from Manga UK on 30/10/17!

Source: https://twitter.com/MangaUK/status/907998865697263617
HowlingSnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2017, 01:10 PM   #2
Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

I wonder if they'll include the Pokerap but just have it cover the first few episodes and then leave the inevitable loop of it off the rest?

Ditto for all the tracks featured on Pikachu's Jukebox

Or maybe they'll be seperate extras
Cameron Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2017, 10:04 AM   #3
dwphoenix
Power Ranger

Personally I think the sets a joke, their classing it as season 1 but its missing the last 30 odd episodes. No subitiles (not that bothers me) & its £40 for the DVD alone you can go on Amazon & buy the entire first season for around £30 from the states.

I pretty much refuse to buy Mangas releases, their PR dvds (both MMPR & DC) you can get imported for a LOT less than their asking.

I got the MMPR series imported a few years back & paid around £20 a season.
dwphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2017, 12:30 PM   #4
HowlingSnail
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwphoenix View Post
Personally I think the sets a joke, their classing it as season 1 but its missing the last 30 odd episodes. No subitiles (not that bothers me) & its £40 for the DVD alone you can go on Amazon & buy the entire first season for around £30 from the states.

I pretty much refuse to buy Mangas releases, their PR dvds (both MMPR & DC) you can get imported for a LOT less than their asking.

I got the MMPR series imported a few years back & paid around £20 a season.

There are sites other than Amazon, you know. Anime Online has them for £27.99 and £41.99. Which is cheaper than in America. And will actually play on a British player.

http://www.anime-on-line.com/xcart/p...96&cat=&page=1

http://www.anime-on-line.com/xcart/p...roductid=28895
HowlingSnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2017, 01:56 PM   #5
dwphoenix
Power Ranger

Problem is its still only 52 eps, it feels like a complete cheat not to release the complete series on dvd in the uk.
dwphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2017, 05:29 PM   #6
thunderzordpower
Power Ranger

The first 52 eps are considered the first season though. Its weird but that the way it is. If you look at the Aussie sets (which hopefully this release is following, the Orange league set comes with the remaining Indigo league episodes.
The reason I say hope it follows Aussie is because so far they have the most complete set of episodes. There are 4 "banned" episodes.
2 were never subbed (Legend of Dratini due to guns in the ep and Electric Soldier Porygon due to heavy strobe effects) and 2 that were but don't get re-aired due to contriversial content (Beauty and the Beach due to James fake boobs which they edited anyway and Holiday Hi-jynx because Jinx looks like a golywog which are considered racist). Beauty and the Beach has never been released on home video and was only aired once or a few times and even that was way after the series originally aired. Holiday Hi-jinx has only been released on The Aussie sets so therefore that is the best we can hope for.

[EDIT] Pokemon Bluray boxset is now on Zavvi for £44.99 which is significatly cheaper. Not to mention, there is a working 10% off code for it WELCOME346 which brings the price to £40 and some change.

You're welcome.

Last edited by thunderzordpower; September 15th, 2017 at 12:33 PM.
thunderzordpower is offline   Reply With Quote