RangerBoard

Go Back   RangerBoard > Forums > Merchandise
Register Rules/FAQ VIP Membership Calendar Search Mark Forums Read

Old August 24th, 2017, 09:41 AM   #21
Zankantou
悪を断つ剣

Super Minipla: Jashinhei Announced! They are giving us THIS!? Curse you Bandai! Now I might have to consider buying! Jashinhei is one of the villian's from Panzer World Galient.

Source:
https://twitter.com/TendouToys/statu...58404343275520

Got to love this 80's Mecha show! The OP song is so catchy.
Zankantou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2017, 03:37 AM   #22
Professor Smooth
Hobby Drifter

Dragon Caesar was delivered this morning. It's pretty nice. Getting it together wasn't always easy, but the result is that parts that need to be tight, are. The tail is super articulated, but putting it together is a bit time consuming with so many parts.

Stickers seem to be a bit higher quality than those of Daizyujin.

The Goryujin mode is a tad frustrating, as the waist doesn't want to stay together without a noticeable gap. Another tab would not have gone amiss here.

As a Transformers fan, the gold plastic bits, especially the Goryujin chest, is worrying.

Looking forward to King Brachion.

Professor Smooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2017, 04:21 AM   #23
DekaRed
#GavanBromance

That is gorgeous. Any chance you could post a pic of Dragon Ceasar next to Tyrannosaurus?
DekaRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2017, 04:29 AM   #24
Professor Smooth
Hobby Drifter

DekaRed wrote: View Post

That is gorgeous. Any chance you could post a pic of Dragon Ceasar next to Tyrannosaurus?
Sure!

Old August 27th, 2017, 04:47 AM   #25
DekaRed
#GavanBromance

Wow. Thank you. I want this more than ever now.
DekaRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2017, 05:05 AM   #26
Professor Smooth
Hobby Drifter

DekaRed wrote: View Post

Wow. Thank you. I want this more than ever now.
Few issues aside, it's well worth the wait.
Old August 27th, 2017, 05:10 PM   #27
⚡Zeddykins
FACEPALM

Damn. Dragon Caesar is MUCH bigger than the Tyrannosaurus. Ah well. Can't get the scale perfect every time.
Zeddykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2017, 12:41 AM   #28
Zankantou
悪を断つ剣

Super Minipla: King J-Der Update! Looking better! They changed the size to KING SIZE!

Source:
https://twitter.com/TendouToys/statu...34176040706048

==========
Super Minipla ChoRyuJin in the works!? HOLY SHIT!

Professor Smooth, nice pictures Both collections of yours are good stuff! For a mini model, this line really offers something unique and fun ti play with!
Old August 29th, 2017, 07:13 AM   #29
IzumoZorc
Power Ranger

Zankantou wrote: View Post

==========
Super Minipla ChoRyuJin in the works!? HOLY SHIT!

*SNIP*
Professor Smooth, nice pictures Both collections of yours are good stuff! For a mini model, this line really offers something unique and fun ti play with!
YYYYYAAAAAAAAASSSSSS!!!!!!! For super sentai I want the original size ones, but I've always wanted those but they are way too expensive for me to justify not being sentai...but now they have this. I hope they do all of them
IzumoZorc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2017, 07:18 PM   #30
Professor Smooth
Hobby Drifter

Zankantou wrote: View Post

Thanks! Over the last 10 years living in Japan, I became something of a hoarder. I'm trying to get my different collections down to manageable size, but these Zyuranger Minipla were just too good to pass up.
Old August 30th, 2017, 01:19 PM   #31
Zankantou
悪を断つ剣

IzumoZorc wrote: View Post

YYYYYAAAAAAAAASSSSSS!!!!!!! For super sentai I want the original size ones, but I've always wanted those but they are way too expensive for me to justify not being sentai...but now they have this. I hope they do all of them
Well... glad to see a GGG fan here And yes, both price and size wise, this is definitely sustainable Hope they release GGGG down the road too.

Professor Smooth wrote: View Post

Thanks! Over the last 10 years living in Japan, I became something of a hoarder. I'm trying to get my different collections down to manageable size, but these Zyuranger Minipla were just too good to pass up.
Well, not just Zyuranger, the Liveman one is also awesome if you are into other Sentai's stuffs too. More to come!

==============
Super Minipla: King J-Der Now Official! [Dec 17, Website Exclusive] Added more pics! This is looking good... now give us a SOC of it!

Source:
https://twitter.com/TendouToys/statu...73059207221249

Old September 12th, 2017, 02:22 AM   #32
Zankantou
悪を断つ剣

Super Minipla: King Brachion prototype revealed! Looking good and love the size of it!

Source:
https://twitter.com/TendouToys/statu...34575366049792

Old September 13th, 2017, 12:35 AM   #33
Jus1995
Power Ranger

I'm not even sure why people buy the DX versions anymore. These minipla figures are cheaper, more articulated, slightly more show-accurate and much smaller.
Jus1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2017, 04:31 AM   #34
AnAlpha
Power Ranger

32 eBay
They are also cheaper-feeling, much smaller, don't display as well and are usually hacky in the transformation or just parts-formers. I collect both, but minipla is certainly no replacement for DX IMO.
AnAlpha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2017, 09:18 AM   #35
Professor Smooth
Hobby Drifter

Back in 1993, my friends and I were always blown away by how Bandai stuff seemed to be of such higher quality than other toy producers (Hasbro, Kenner, etc).

The same is true today. Bandai does good stuff, and anybody who sub-licenses does likewise.

The Super Mini-Pura stuff is fantastic. Especially when compared to other items of similar price.

DX is great. Minipla is great. SoC is great. It's all great. As a life-long casual fan, Bandai can do no wrong as far as mecha is concerned.

And Brachion's getting ordered the second it goes up for pre-order on Amazon Japan. None of the fence-sitting I did with Dragon Ceasar.
Old September 13th, 2017, 08:19 PM   #36
⚡Zeddykins
FACEPALM

Gah. I know if I buy these, I'm going to be so tempted to paint all the grey in these guys silver. The grey is just...no.
Zeddykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2017, 07:52 PM   #37
Gold Samurai
Power Ranger

On display and painted

Looks like pre orders go up on October 1st with release in January for 12000 yen(about 130 dollars).
Gold Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2017, 08:05 PM   #38
Jus1995
Power Ranger

OwO It's beautiful.
Jus1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2017, 11:38 PM   #39
Zankantou
悪を断つ剣

Super Minipla: King J-Der Now Official Update! [Dec 17, Website Exclusive] I knew it was huge, but actually seeing it is insane~ Even Dragon Caesar looks puny there lol

Calling it a 'Minipla' is no longer the case. This belongs to the Master Grade category

Source:
https://twitter.com/TendouToys/statu...53553876496385

Who's getting this badass?

======================

Super Minipla: Jashinhei Final Product Revealed! THIS looks so awesome! More announcement in Oct!

Source:
https://twitter.com/TendouToys/statu...25434944036864

Last edited by Zankantou; September 29th, 2017 at 04:25 AM.
Old September 29th, 2017, 07:30 AM   #40
Professor Smooth
Hobby Drifter

Dammit. They ALWAYS do this. Just like with the Ranger Keys. "Oh, you bought the first two, so your OCD collector brain feels kinda obligated to buy the last. 5,000 yen, sure. 3,000 yen? Why not? 12,000 (over $100)... Urgh. I paid less for my first Perfect Grade Gundam.

And, yeah, I'm gonna order it. But if I'd have known this was going to cost fully half of what Legacy Titanus did, I'd have just imported the Legacy Zord line.

...no I wouldn't have. I'm still in, just because having a really nice set in such a convenient size is worth it.