Home Menu

Menu

Old March 13th, 2019, 03:13 PM #21
> christopherjohn
VIP Rider

christopherjohn
VIP Rider

AdrenalineRush wrote: View Post

The Spider-Verse films are not in the same continuity as those films that also includes Venom, actually.

I agree with Champ. It does feel like they want their own MCU to be better than Marvel Studios'.
Spider-Verse is technically in continuity with all spider related material. As it is about the notion of a multiverse of spider-men/women.

If you're not striving to do your best then you shouldn't try at all. Marvel has set the bar and they want pass it okay that is fine if they managed to do that. However once people realize it isn't connected to the MCU less and less people will be interested.
christopherjohn is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2019, 03:58 PM #22
> Peter
"Stegosaurus!"

Peter
"Stegosaurus!"

Miraculous Bikkun wrote: View Post

I dunno, is Trapster a Spider-Man or Fantastic Four villain?
Well the Skrulls were Fantastic Four villains, but they still showed up in Captain Marvel.

Still waiting for that movie with Stilt-Man in it, Marvel. Hint hint.
Peter is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2019, 04:02 PM #23
> GoldAnyRanger
One Ranger, Many Forms

eBay
GoldAnyRanger
One Ranger, Many Forms

eBay

Peter wrote: View Post

Well the Skrulls were Fantastic Four villains, but they still showed up in Captain Marvel.

Still waiting for that movie with Stilt-Man in it, Marvel. Hint hint.
Just wait until the MCU gets to Phase 37. They'll be scraping the bottom of the barrel and we'll get solo movies for D-Man and Slapstick.
GoldAnyRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2019, 04:11 PM #24
> Prototype
Blips and/or Chitz.

Prototype
Blips and/or Chitz.

I think Sony are going to get diminishing returns with any Marvel property they adapt, because people know Marvel would do it better. They've already got a bad reputation from the Fan4stic movie and their mishandling of properties.

Every time a Sony Marvel flick comes out, people know "it's going to be mediocre, it's not going to respect source material, and it's another soulless cash grab".

I mean look, obviously Marvel are in it for the money too, but at least they employ creative people to run these things, and much like with Power Rangers, all it takes it a LITTLE bit of care being put into the product in the right places for people to give it their goodwill.
Prototype is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2019, 04:16 PM #25
> AkaBunnyUnicorn
Crazy Alien Bunny Thing

AkaBunnyUnicorn
Crazy Alien Bunny Thing

GoldAnyRanger wrote: View Post

Just wait until the MCU gets to Phase 37. They'll be scraping the bottom of the barrel and we'll get solo movies for D-Man and Slapstick.
Hey now, I actually want a Slapstick movie. But in fairness, I also want DC to make an Ambush Bug movie, and I also think the Pre-Teen Dirty-Gene Kung-Fu Kangaroos deserve a go, so maybe I'm not the best gauge of interest here.
AkaBunnyUnicorn is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old March 13th, 2019, 04:19 PM #26
> Peter
"Stegosaurus!"

Peter
"Stegosaurus!"

AkaBunnyUnicorn wrote: View Post

Hey now, I actually want a Slapstick movie. But in fairness, I also want DC to make an Ambush Bug movie, and I also think the Pre-Teen Dirty-Gene Kung-Fu Kangaroos deserve a go, so maybe I'm not the best gauge of interest here.
Somewhere in the TMNT lore, there was a mutant kangaroo named Walkabout.

He was absolute favourite toy when I was 8. I was living in the US at the time, so it was the best thing ever. Anyway.
Peter is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old March 13th, 2019, 04:27 PM #27
> yami senshi youkaiou
MCU Darkhawk

yami senshi youkaiou
MCU Darkhawk

GoldAnyRanger wrote: View Post

Reminds me of when I joked about being the MCU Darkhawk for April Fool's

On topic makes we wonder how long before my Spot joke becomes real.
yami senshi youkaiou is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2019, 05:08 PM #28
> Poweranimals
A Blaze of Glory!

Poweranimals
A Blaze of Glory!

Prototype wrote: View Post

I think Sony are going to get diminishing returns with any Marvel property they adapt, because people know Marvel would do it better. They've already got a bad reputation from the Fan4stic movie and their mishandling of properties.
Dude.. That was FOX not Sony.
Poweranimals is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2019, 05:12 PM #29
> Prototype
Blips and/or Chitz.

Prototype
Blips and/or Chitz.

Poweranimals wrote: View Post

Dude.. That was FOX not Sony.
Oh shit. You're right. I'm an idiot. Haha.

BETTER JUST RETRACT MY HOT TAKE ON THE FILM INDUSTRY.
Prototype is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2019, 11:16 PM #30
> AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

christopherjohn wrote: View Post

Spider-Verse is technically in continuity with all spider related material. As it is about the notion of a multiverse of spider-men/women.
Even if a scene from Spider-Verse appeared as a post-credits scene in Venom, it still doesn't mean that it's in continuity, regardless of the multiverse aspect. Let's not forget that some fans thought that the ASM universe was set in the same continuity as the X-Men Cinematic Universe when a scene from Days of Future Past appeared as a post-credits scene for ASM2 in the cinemas only and this was due to Marc Webb's existing deal with Fox as they allowed Webb to direct ASM2 on the condition Sony could promote DOFP for free.
AdrenalineRush is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2019, 04:42 AM #31
> BobbyDrake2000
Ice Blue Ranger

BobbyDrake2000
Ice Blue Ranger

AdrenalineRush wrote: View Post

Even if a scene from Spider-Verse appeared as a post-credits scene in Venom, it still doesn't mean that it's in continuity, regardless of the multiverse aspect. Let's not forget that some fans thought that the ASM universe was set in the same continuity as the X-Men Cinematic Universe when a scene from Days of Future Past appeared as a post-credits scene for ASM2 in the cinemas only and this was due to Marc Webb's existing deal with Fox as they allowed Webb to direct ASM2 on the condition Sony could promote DOFP for free.
There was a deleted gag from the first X-Men movie (even if it was never meant to be in the movie) of the team rushing to the statue of liberty, only for a guy in a cheap Spider-Man suit to come running out and shouting "Wait for me!".
BobbyDrake2000 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2019, 07:29 AM #32
> AkaBunnyUnicorn
Crazy Alien Bunny Thing

AkaBunnyUnicorn
Crazy Alien Bunny Thing

BobbyDrake2000 wrote: View Post

There was a deleted gag from the first X-Men movie (even if it was never meant to be in the movie) of the team rushing to the statue of liberty, only for a guy in a cheap Spider-Man suit to come running out and shouting "Wait for me!".
That was funny. I knew it meant nothing in regards to any potential crossovers and was just a nod to the comics universe because some of the people working on the film were comic fans, but I just loved that bit.
AkaBunnyUnicorn is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2019, 10:19 AM #33
> AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

BobbyDrake2000 wrote: View Post

AkaBunnyUnicorn wrote: View Post

That was funny. I knew it meant nothing in regards to any potential crossovers and was just a nod to the comics universe because some of the people working on the film were comic fans, but I just loved that bit.
Interestingly enough, the guy who played Spider-Man in said gag, Scott Leva, was going to play the character when the film was in development during the Eighties under Cannon.

In fact, Leva did publicity shoots as both Peter and Spidey for the scrapped film and in fact did one for the cover for ASM issue 262, which despite contrary belief was not actually a tie-in for said film.

https://www.cbr.com/spider-man-marve...ms-scott-leva/
AdrenalineRush is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote